[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, chubbz said:

His colleague was with the other doctor examining Chan and I thought I noticed him looking at SR. I think they wanted to make it appear like the colleague recognized her name or face and told him about her being around. The problem is, neither of this was indicated, so it felt quite awkward indeed.

That was such a huge editing flaw. I, too, had to assume his colleague recognised Seo Ri and told him. But it also didn't make sense how he can recognise Seo Ri when he doesn't know her personally. Unless he has gone to the hospital with Hyung Tae to visit her before or Hyung Tae has Seo Ri's bedridden's adult photo with him. Either way, I'm not convinced. So the only more logical scenario that was cut is Hyung Tae actually saw her himself...

@bebebisous33, you were spot on. The mystery man was revealed today and I can’t wait to find out more about his scene.

I find it so profoundly touching that someone who must have suffered as much as WJ and Jennifer was given the opportunity to make some form of recompense for something I’m sure he blamed himself for. It looks like he lived so simply and worked so hard to atone for the accident. I’m really moved by that.

34 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

His letter to Seo Ri, even though I can't understand 100%, but I could feel the emotions behind the narration so bravo to Yang Se Jong on that. 

I'm more than convinced of his superb acting. A most worthy co star to SHS. Both their tears... so heart wrenching. Both are bringing out the best of each other. I just LOVE this Woojin-Seori couple! Yang Se Jong you have gotten a new supporter here:)

10 hours ago, j9sshi said:

I really know better than this, because I know we're in kdrama land, But SM, SR, and HT, were all friends when they were 17 right? SR says that grown up HT is like a stranger to her. Would that mean that if SM didn't die, grown up SM would've felt like a stranger to SR too? Just sayin' ...

Okay "Suspend Disbelief" turned back on... ;)

The 3 of them were definitely schoolmates, but SM was a buddy to SR while HT could have just been a classmate who happens to be an admirer who wasn't afraid to make his intentions known. Even if they were somewhat close, she had always thought he would be some singer or musician but he turned out to be a doctor, which is very different from what she would have expected. Even if SM was alive, SR would still have likely taken a bit of time to get used to her. She needed time to get used to herself, so it's not surprising if she sees him like a stranger for now..

4 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@mademoisellesia, agreed. I’m sure they have their reasons even if it’s plain selfishness. It’s a flaw that without exception all human beings suffer from. They put their interests first especially when faced with a difficult situation. I’m glad that Soo Ri met WJ, YC, Jennifer and all the others. Ultimately they all all treated her well including her new boss.

I think the reason of abandonment may be as simple as they lost hope on the possibility that Seo Ri would ever wake up (2 years later) since there's never a guarantee to a comatose patient. As for uncle, I can't wrap my head around it, but I'm guessing he abandoned the aunt first (for whatever reason, maybe as typical as he had debt or has new family), that's why the aunt had to sell the house and leave Seo Ri, esp. since they're not blood related, so she technically is not obligated to take care of Seo Ri if her uncle is at fault...?

15 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

That was such a huge editing flaw. I, too, had to assume his colleague recognised Seo Ri and told him. But it also didn't make sense how he can recognise Seo Ri when he doesn't know her personally. Unless he has gone to the hospital with Hyung Tae to visit her before or Hyung Tae has Seo Ri's bedridden's adult photo with him. Either way, I'm not convinced. So the only more logical scenario that was cut is Hyung Tae actually saw her himself...

HT had previously asked this colleague to help him seek permission to transfer SR to their hospital. This was shown in one of the earlier episodes when the colleague requested for a favour and HT asked him to help in this matter in return, as apparently the management was not approving but the colleague has pretty good relationship with management. WSR isn't a very common name, so it is definitely possible that the colleague could recall the name (after spending time on that favour, because the management did indeed agree to his request, but by then, SR had woken up and left her original hospital) if he heard it. The problem is, was it shown clearly that her name was called? I don't recall that...sigh...

2 hours ago, sophisticated said:

dammmn feel so bad for HT.... He went to school to become a doctor in hopes of helping her wake up and stayed by her side for 13 years but wasn't there when she woke up and basically lost his chance. As much as I love WJ and SR, I want HT to have a happy ending too!! I wish he and SR reconnected earlier!! It would have been hilarious to see jealous WJ for an episode before all this heart break happens. 

The thing I felt was not logical, is that if he had been visiting somewhat regularly over 13 years, why didn't he leave his details for the hospital to contact him should anything happen to SR? I can understand them not paying him attention when he first requested guardianship as a teenager, but now that he has grown up and is a doctor, surely his somewhat regular visitations (especially being nearly the only visitor apart from mystery man) and professional status should grant him some leeway? :huh:

14 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

I think the reason of abandonment may be as simple as they lost hope on the possibility that Seo Ri would ever wake up (2 years later) since there's never a guarantee to a comatose patient. As for uncle, I can't wrap my head around it, but I'm guessing he abandoned the aunt first (for whatever reason, maybe as typical as he had debt or has new family), that's why the aunt had to sell the house and leave Seo Ri, esp. since they're not blood related, so she technically is not obligated to take care of Seo Ri if her uncle is at fault...?

It depends on a person’s moral compass because selling something that is not hers is not right regardless that SR was in a coma. I assume the house was SR’s and the uncle had guardianship of the house. If she sold it to pay for SR’s hospital fees that’s fine. Selling it to pay her husband’s debts or for any other reason doesn’t sit right with me. No matter what it’s stealing. I assume the house is SR’s inheritance from her parents. In any case, I believe this has to do with some level of selfishness.

28 minutes ago, chubbz said:

HT had previously asked this colleague to help him seek permission to transfer SR to their hospital. This was shown in one of the earlier episodes when the colleague requested for a favour and HT asked him to help in this matter in return, as apparently the management was not approving but the colleague has pretty good relationship with management. WSR isn't a very common name, so it is definitely possible that the colleague could recall the name (after spending time on that favour, because the management did indeed agree to his request, but by then, SR had woken up and left her original hospital) if he heard it. The problem is, was it shown clearly that her name was called? I don't recall that...sigh...

The thing I felt was not logical, is that if he had been visiting somewhat regularly over 13 years, why didn't he leave his details for the hospital to contact him should anything happen to SR? I can understand them not paying him attention when he first requested guardianship as a teenager, but now that he has grown up and is a doctor, surely his somewhat regular visitations (especially being nearly the only visitor apart from mystery man) and professional status should grant him some leeway? :huh:

It has been a while since I have seen the earlier episodes but it seemed to me that HT agreed to do a medical stint outside the country in exchange for getting some help with moving SR.  While he was out of the country is when SR came out of the coma.  However, I agree that he most likely left contact information for the hospital and that they should have contacted him when SR came out of the coma.  Needless to say, when SR came out of the coma it would have taken many, many months of physical and occupational therapy for her to regain any real capability to do the activities of daily living.  It would have seemed that if the hospital would have contacted HT, he would have returned during that time and had a chance to restart their friendship.  Of course, in order for any drama to work, you have to suspend some level of reality.  I am new to KDramas but it did not take me long to get addicted to them.

I did not get to watch the episode today so I can't really comment on the episode but the mystery man is the truck driver and not the uncle? Was the truck driver looking for her in the police station? Or is that still a mystery?  Was the aunt showed and did she clear up why she and the uncle abandon SR?

BTW guys looks like its hard to stay away from this thread..be it for harry or mid:rolleyes: Names can be changed but people don't change do they, they look, write and talk the same. :P;):lol:

@celebrianna I was right about two things:

- The aunt had sold the house

- the one who paid the bills was the truck driver.

My prediction is that the uncle died after the bus accident... this might have been the reason why the aunt abandoned WSR two years later. LEt just say that he was already sick, when he lied about his trip to Japan and this could be the reason how he met Jennifer: a visit to the hospital.

As for selling the house, what the aunt did was illegal. SR was the true owner of the house and she had no right to do that. She used the money from the sale to open her own shop.

1 hour ago, chubbz said:

No, her name wasn't called in that scene. He did took a glance at her, but that was it, so it's really hard to confirm which scenarios of ours are correct.

48 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

It depends on a person’s moral compass because selling something that is not hers is not right regardless that SR was in a coma. I assume the house was SR’s and the uncle had guardianship of the house. If she sold it to pay for SR’s hospital fees that’s fine. Selling it to pay her husband’s debts or for any other reason doesn’t sit right with me. No matter what it’s stealing. I assume the house is SR’s inheritance from her parents. In any case, I believe this has to do with some level of selfishness.

This is entirely speculation for now, but say uncle disappeared in 2005 when the car crash happened... aunt stayed loyal (and heartbroken) tending to Seo Ri and waited for 2 years. Aunt is hit by uncertainty of her own future (possibly carrying a son then? Can't tell how old the kid is tbh); penniless and jobless. The house can well be aunt's in uncle's absence and a comatose person is as good as being dead. If I were in her shoes, and being desperate, very likely I would sell the house too, and choose to move on with my life, only because I am alive and I (and my son) have to live on. It's a debatable grey area because if we are hit really hard with reality, moral compass won't help us survive.

16 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

As for selling the house, what the aunt did was illegal. SR was the true owner of the house and she had no right to do that. She used the money from the sale to open her own shop.

I don't know much about inheritance law, but if the situation is uncle went missing and Seo Ri's coma is as good as dead, isn't she the rightful owner of the house too?

1 minute ago, YourHighness . said:

Aunt's son looks really young..maybe 8/9? SR was in coma for 13 years which means the uncle should have been with her for at least few more years, unless she remarried, because I think I saw a wedding ring on her left finger.

I suck at guessing kids' age, so I'll take your word :D

Yep, I saw the ring too but still can't be sure she really remarried & that's not the old ring.

My preference is to wait for writer to tell me, otherwise I'll hurt lose more hairs speculating more and more  at-wits-end-yahoo-emoticon.gif?130194899

Archived