[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

This is so random, but I'm actually glad I'm already married :lol: because watching all these kdrama male leads, esp. eg. someone like Mr.Gong, will probably ruin my chances of getting married ever, because I will probably set the high standard and be searching and waiting for someone so gentle like that :P so yeah, I'm glad I'm no longer single :D nonetheless, wishing all of you singles out there to quickly find your own Mr.Gong...;)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

This is so random, but I'm actually glad I'm already married :lol: because watching all these kdrama male leads, esp. eg. like Mr.Gong, will probably ruin my chances of getting married, because I will probably set the high standard and be searching and waiting for someone so gentle like that :P so yeah, I'm glad I'm no longer single :D nonetheless, wishing all of you singles out there to quickly find your own Mr.Gong...;)

@ktcjdrama Ah, thank you. Not sure if I'll find my own Mr. Gong, but I have the patience of a hundred saints, so who knows, right? :sweatingbullets:

11 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

And they end with a voice over by WJ. I swear he can read a book and I will listen to him even if I don't understand what he said.

And yes, they are married! With a photo and rings and the last fadeout of them waving from the skylight.

Three quick kisses which look so natural.

I AM AT  PEACE. ALL THE WORRIES FOR NOTHING!

NO MYO-WA from me but SARANG-HAE!

11 hours ago, anjuliet said:

I was hoping for a kiss like at the overpass, but I'll take whatever we got! :wub:

Oh my goodness, I gotta hand it to 3017 writernim, had us all worrying for nothing. 

This is the best kdrama for me ever! 

11 hours ago, r047 said:

It's over. Gosh I'm all in tears!!! 

Can't ask for more. Couldn't ask for more. 

Now that's a perfect ending, all my wishes came true.

And that last scene and the waving :bawling::bawling:

11 hours ago, BlueNotes said:

Guys we got our last kiss!!! So cute and fits perfectly the drama !

This drama was amazing !!! One of the best romcom for me!! It was an amazing ride with those beautiful and talented actors !!

Thank you guys for the fun and see you in another forum as well !! 

11 hours ago, dftio said:

What a beautiful ending! And to tie it in they actually stand out through the REAL roof window in the house overlooking the staff outside the house. Makes everything feel like reality rather than a drama.

Love that their last filming scene was their wedding photo shot too.

Oh my heart, so sad that its over but kudos to our 3017 team. Tastefully done!

I am going to miss you all! Tears of joy and sadness :tears:. Best 3017 family ever!

11 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

It has been a wonderful ride with all of you.

I will be back when the subs are out and to gif my heart out.

This episode definitely leaves a smile on my face.

11 hours ago, niteshkmr11 said:

What a beautiful ending to a wonderful drama. So happy :grin:

Whoa, that was one livestream I wish I didn't have to miss! And never seen so many happy customers! Thanks for sharing your happy thoughts! It was like reading the 5 stoogettes transcript. :tounge_xd::tounge_wink::yum::kiss_wink::dizzy:

After 2 years, now I feel complete as a soompier, finally! :expressionless::love:

4 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Just finished watching the finale and my heart is so full and satisfied and warm ahhhh... Thank you for this link. The cast had beautiful things to say about the show too and it was so nice to read :)

6 hours ago, Dingy Conk said:

This has been a heart-fluttering drama — the first and only one so far to have such a “crescendo” effect on me. It did not have to resort to elaborate, glossy devices to strike a chord and stand out. Such a labour of love, with so many precious nuggets of wisdom and inspiration. I felt so rich and grateful at the end of this journey. I will remember this drama for a very long time. I hope the cast and crew know how deeply people appreciate this piece of work and are proud to say to others that they contributed to the sincere storytelling.

I will remember for a long, long time too. 

Those previews really were bait to make us go crazy and then give us the gift of this beautiful ending! Favorite moments bulletpointed, otherwise I would ramble for too long:

* Uncle's sacrifice and love for his family--we all couldn't guess that protecting her house would be the reason he filed divorce and that his dedication/hard work would be what took his life. 

* The dramatic switch into Autumn Fashion in this ep... haha. Perfect summer drama taking us into fall, and new seasons of life :)

* WJ supporting SR and the two of them talking everything out together

* SR putting out her right hand first and then going oops, wait it's the left hand. I was howling.

* How SR and WJ sat in her room kya when discussing! So close and cozy and cute.

* SR counting the number of people left in the house, KYAAA

* Chan and Seori mirroring their conundrum and realizing they were both in the room.

* Chan telling the pro team recruiter that the boat is what needs to speed up. His choice to go at the pace that was he was most comfortable with

* All their idiosyncrasies (cham cham, jeom jeom jeom, doo doong, jennifer's "from... jennifer" and "no no no") and repeated/borrowed lines (i'm falling for you again)

* Dinner scene and the shots of the shoes of everyone in the house gathering!

* Chick Junior grew up and crows and lives in Jeju. They didn't leave him out AHAHAHa.

* Jennifer and her NAME for her menu of the day

* The design team dabbing in celebration

* WJ's reflection on life, getting up instead of staring at the closed door, how opening one small window he didn't know could open became more open doors. Wish I could quote the WHOLE thing. Beautiful.

* The closing scene--their marriage is obvious (sharing their bed, the rings) but understated, in a way that brings their relationship and love and commitment to the forefront. Their smiles and cute kisses and their waves goodbye...

You can all expect me to still be here for a while as I linger on these lovely feelings and lessons learned!!!!!

edit: @meechuttso WUAH their beach pictures.... so cute my cheeks will hurt from smiling!

Oh my gosh. It's over. :tears: This drama gave me so many feels. My heart was warmed. I laughed. I smiled. I almost cried. Also, I developed a huge celebrity crush on Yang Sejong (well, I'm sure it already started back when Duel was airing lol). The characters were so well written and the plot all connected up in the end like some magical circle of life. Clumsy Seori and Sensitive Woojin were totally relationship goals and main character goals. Despite not getting our 20 episodes, we were still given a great drama. :wub: 

To end it, here's my last fmv for this drama! My video editing skills suck but I'm using a free software with limitations so I made do. Forgive me. 

Peace out! I'll see y'all on some other threads in the k-drama forums~

@shiroazn Thank you for making and sharing your lovely fmv! How'd you find such a perfect song for them? I love it!

Before 3017, I didn't understand what a "healing drama" was... Now I'm so glad and grateful I know! And it was so unexpected too.

Now an hour after finishing the series, I'm surprised that I feel really good. I think it ended in such a beautiful, heartfelt way and we weren't left wanting... so I'm just full of fond memories!! I'm gonna give it some time and then rewatch the whole thing :heart:

I know I've already said my goodbye but I just felt the need to ramble something here after watching the subbed version of the last episode (plus..taking the cue from SR's last letter where she made a completely U Turn..hehehe) 

Let me start with what I (kinda) felt amiss first before I wrote glowing comments about this show:

1. The shortcoming of cut no. of episodes and rushing to wrap up, there are stories and characters that might not be given the intended closure. The scene where SR's uncle met Jennifer in the rain which was the day she found out her husband is dead - I still wonder what was the intended story for this. I don't think Jennifer was told that it was SR's uncle who gave her the umbrella that day. If she had known, what would be the intended reaction? What was the significant of that scene. And the second one is Ri An, Chan's loyal admirer. Having built up her character as Chan's no.1 supporter and her being genius herself, plus she was always hiding herself from GWJ because she was afraid he might recognise her as the girl who beats him (hehehe), the story for her does not have the intended conclusion. I would wish, the ending would have her at least during the family moments. After all, she was the one who gave the clothings to SR. She did have significant contribution to the family.

2. As I mentioned earlier, after watching the drama live yesterday, there were many instances I wish that GWJ would steal kisses (on the overpass, at the swing set, on the beach, during family pictures and also, if they cannot show the actual wedding, apart from the weeding picture, if there are more pictures of the wedding itself including the wedding kiss, would be ok..hehehe). My wish is also influenced by the little fact that I know about the Writer (the Writer nim for She Was Pretty). In her previous drama, she also string along the audience to wait for the kiss almost 3/4 of the shows. But then she made up the voids by adding more kissing scenes (and 1 really intense kiss at the  almost end of the drama, right before the lead OTP separated to pursue their dreams). So, I have the same expectations here. HOWEVER, after watching the subbed version, listening to both GWJ and SR innocently professed their love for each other in all the instances I've mentioned earlier, it makes me forget for a while about my expectations and really absorb in their love for each other. And for that I would like to congratulate the Writer for able to make a simple-minded person like me forget what I want and give me what I need (which is the whole idea of love by just a simple profession of words and looks in their eyes).

Not the glowing comments:

I would want to comments on characters first:

GWJ

A gentle man whose life stop at 17 after witnessing an accident involving the girl he felt for. His character, despite shown as ignorant and rather selfish earlier, grows over time, into the "yeppo" man he was supposed to be (as described by SR when she first saw him). And yes, echoing all of you, he has the most soothing voice which can either make you smile or cry instantly depends on what he narrates ( @anjuliet I second you about purchasing any audio books narrates by him..hehehe..even if I dont understand Korean much). But what I love about his character is that he is SO SUPPORTIVE!. Where can I get a man like him? Even at the point when SR made the decision to stay, he could have just force her to go because playing violin with the masters is also her dream, but instead, he respected every decision she made. I felt that being around him would feel so liberated and comfortable because he won't overwhelm you with your decisions..hehehe. And that awkward nature of him (chom,chom,chom) sort of the cherry on top for his character. I've always like manly man but sometimes most manly man has ego that can overwhelm you..GWJ is not only manly (in his own way, I think he is manly because he is responsible and sometimes very assured of his actions) but at some points when he was awkward, he made you feel at ease to be around him without having to deal with ego or stubbornness. It may not sound like he is a perfect but in my book, he is perfect...hehehe. The last narration he made, about the open and closed door, was the best whereby he actually talked about himself who could have lost the opportunity to open the other doors of happiness had he not decided to stay this time around, instead of running away like he did last time. 

WSR

She lost 13 years of her life but to me she is the luckiest human being on earth! Even from the beginning, she had very loving parents who gave her much wisdom through building the house (her father) and playing the violin (her mother). And when she lost them, she still have the house and gain her uncle and aunt. Not forgetting, she was surrounded by friends who love her (No Su Mi and HT). And she was also loved by those who listened to her violin (the professors both in Korea and German). During her comatose time range, she did lose her uncle and aunt, and No Su Mi, but she still has HT, the nurses and doctors as well as, indirectly, the truck driver who paid for her. When she woke up and left the hospital, she only was truly alone for half a day because when she met Chan and Jennifer, she was already, unintentionally loved by them. And not to forget Fang, of course, who loves her for even longer. Then when GWJ came around and fell for her, she has the ultimate protector. And then along the way, she was loved even by Chan's friends including Ri An (unintentionally but then she did give her clothes..so cannot dismiss that) and GWJ's colleagues (HS and Hyun) and then the professors again, the lady in the park, and even Kim Rin (who self declared herself as SR's enemy at first but end up become her friend), the supplier ahjussi who wants to set up SR with his son, the Designer with booger mole). Even her aunt, who at first made all the wrong moves (selling the house, leaving her) could not even dare to touch the money after selling the house and kept it for her. Her aunt could have spend it in the last 13 years, but she could not do it. That is the power of the girl name Woo Seo Ri. And I think GWJ is SO LUCKY to meet her...

Chan

This boy always make me smile with his simple minded way to love a woman. And he actually is the most MATURES among all. His decision to do what he loves most, rather than rush things, was the most MATURED decision. Not many adults would think the same way he did. Everything is rushed nowadays but what he said was so true " I was so rushed to become an adult that I end up messing things up". This was the best quote for me actually..Living is not easy without making rash decisions which can make it even more complicated. I would love to see more of his character in any other kdrama's character. And the fact, he gave up his love for SR because of his love for his uncle is the most MATURED act. Even in the other kdrama, we had seen second characters tend to be very immature and very rash in their acts but his character was always rationale (though sometimes he almost got to the irrational point but he managed to avoid the outcome and came to a better decision). 

The rest of the characters: Jennifer, DS, HB, HS and Hyun

The best supporting characters I've seen so far. If I have them in my life, I would feel complete..chinccaa

The Story

The simplest story but with the most impact, so far (at least for me)..I mean, I've never had a drama that made me cry rivers of tears by merely a simple letter or simple gesture on the overpass. I would say, tribute should be given to the whole crew of this amazing drama and they had chosen the right actors and actresses for each character. The character would have fail to give the impact if they had given to the wrong person because even though they are simple characters, they are also the most difficult to portray since they play with deep emotions. I would miss this drama so much. The ending is perfect as it is...:heart:

Finally, I would like to thank all of you here in this forum for all your wonderful insights..

@meechuttso..thank you for starting the thread..daebak!

@anjuliet @Dramanoona @dftio @dramaninja @BlueNotes @ktcjdrama @Lj @philosophie @shiroazn @bebebisous33 @bonuibonui @larrysouth @thistle @Ni Wen @USAFarmgirl @celebrannia and the rest of you that I could name here (because for some reason, soompi seem to have problem at times with the @ thingy), KAMSAHANIDA! for all the insights, gifs, videos, links etc.  you guys are simply awesome!!:love:

(btw, @shiroazn  can you pm me the link for the video?..as usual, my country blocked you..*sheepish* hehehe..kamsahanida chinggu)

I have so much to say that I don't know how to start. This drama is amazing for everything. From the first minute of the first episode I got hooked. Not because of SHS that I came for but for the way the story telled its pieces and introduced the characters. There was lot of near misses which left some of us frustrated on the way but thinking back it was the natural progression that is much needed in the culmination of the growth of the characters. I was never bothered about that other than to lament the near miss of our otp' s skinship. Because deep inside I didn't want the show to end so fast. And I get it that the writer wanted them to fall in love with each other without knowing their past identity...that to show their fate for one another even after missing on each other 13 years ago.

I love the drama being the most warm and relaxing show that one could ever have watched after a long days work without having to worry for villains or anything bad happening to everyone. In the usual kdrama Heesoo would have been the one crushing on WJ and KTR would probably also do that out of jealousy for SR, but no we were given the best boss and friend one could ever have in Heesoo and a poor violinist only trapped in the hopes of her mom with none plotting to do anything horrible to WJ and SR. Heesoo or anyone else would never have ended with WJ because he has already trapped and close himself to the extent that he's going to stay alone forever if he hadn't meet SR.

It was the first and only drama that I have watched so far, in my many years of kdrama watching, that allowed me to let down, black out everything and fully relax and enjoy the show. 

Everyone and everything happened for a reason. Why SR ended up in her house after waking up and seeing her dog made her feel that it was still her home. Why she got to know her new found family first instead of HT. SR did not cry and mope for the loss of time but she cried and moved on bravely. Like what she said it's no use looking back on things she can't change. Another message for us in the drama. 

Choco pie, measuring tape, plunger, bridge and the word Crescendo will never be the same again without thinking of WJ and SR. 

There would never be any other person than SHS and YSJ most perfect to play the role of SR and WJ. The best acting prowess and chemistry. This show made me also rediscover YSJ acting. To me it's his best role as a non YSJ fan. This is the first YSJ complete drama I watched. I did watch Duel when it aired on tv in my country but for some reason I wasn't impressed that I gave up after a few episodes. I know Sejong fans love him in Duel, im so sorry it's just me. He is the one and only goofy innocent cute Mr Gong. My new favourite actor YSJ!

I would also like to say sorry for always spamming this thread and behaving like a over zealous fan hahaha. All I wanted actually was a nice and fun place for discussion and you guys were absolutely fantastic! Thanks always for the live updates and for all your wonderful thoughts! Its been a great though short ride! 

The show may have ended but SR and WJ will stay in my heart forever. And 3017 will remain the best show and my most favourite and healing  romcom that i have ever watched for a long time to come.

Ok so I can't seem to stay away yet. Withdrawal symptoms? Probably.

And can I say how HAPPY i am at the ratings?! Woohoo! Highest rating of the season. Can they please visit the fire brigade so we can see them together???:P

@m-sq and @inna75 your final insight and summary are just about as beautifully written as our drama have been. Thank you so much I really loved reading what like-minded people think, you have echoed my thoughts on the final ep! 

Did anyone else LOL at jennifer's over the top winter fashion as she strutted down the street with that blistering sun? :D

And I have set my chat app wallpaper to our WJ-SR's wedding photo! Love how simple and realistic it looks.  Also the beach selfie, now how is that not just a real couple already?!

They look so endearing I miss them badly :dissapointed_relieved:

it was good drama,no antagonist character,well even theres a bit sided love but its not too much,no angry woman who felt her man being captured to another woman,no makjang drama.but too bad feel rushed,some character doesnt explained too much like doctor.but it was good drama after all.

Let's prolong this,... this,... whatever this warm feeling it is inside of us by putting up clips of your favorite scenes (with subs preferred), ok Chingoos?  No limits! :) 

EDIT

And feel free to tell us why that moment or the words or the scene is special to you - for me, Woo-Jin's reply is so perfect here, and to see him mope and cry after saying the brave 'right thing' for his love, well, it was just too perfect but something I've longed to hear at times in my life - "choose what you feel is the best for you", but with such warmth and true selflessness. :innocent:

EDIT

And if any of you fans want to start a shipper thread for this couple, 꽁설 (Ggong Seol***) couple ( see here for examples ), please do! This whole drama thread is pretty much their shipper thread because they are in practically every post, so I don't really see a need, but if anyone does, I'll be supportive.

***Ggong is just the 1st syllable of Gong Woo-Jin's name with a hard ㄱ sound.

***Seol is a play on Woo Seo-Ri's name from the k-drama's most famous word for 'heart flutter', 설레다

23 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Omg guys see this!!!

The pd seriously trolled us. Giving us none of these 3 photos that he know we all surely wanted to see 

Bad PD-nim!!! Hhahaha

So on the last episode we have lots of kisses than we could hope for. I really love these two. I do wonder why PD-nim choose that one picture rather than these new pictures because its more natural but I guess it fits well in the original story. Love it <3

48 minutes ago, millicom said:

There was just one thing that bothered me... the house was sold and the money remained untouched. None of it went to the payment of hospital bills?  Does that make sense at all?

When the house was sold, Uncle already died. Aunt may not feel responsible in taking care of SR or maybe aunt was also suffering depression from the divorce, uncle's death, and also with a baby on her womb. She sell the house because she couldn't take care of it. 

SR even said when she learned that the money was not used, she said that they could have used it for paying the hospital. But because everyone goes through something, sometimes we lost the right mind to think and what to prioritize. That is why aunt was also living her 11 years with guilt and regret. :(

1 hour ago, millicom said:

There was just one thing that bothered me... the house was sold and the money remained untouched. None of it went to the payment of hospital bills?  Does that make sense at all?

Exactly what I have been thinking... the aunt sold the house but kept the money. On the other hand, she refused to pay the bills for WSR. Honestly, this felt stupid... The drama was good but it definitely had some flaws. 

Archived