[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fave scene in the whole probably is SR's scene in episode 1. She was laying in her hospital bed and she was looking at her reflection in the window glass. Her words hits me hard, "What about my 18's? What about my 20?" then her soft whimper. From that scene I've become a fan of the show and SHS. I've always wish that I grow up fast, my mind was set to finish college then find work. So what I did is study and study ( with kdrama in between to fight from depression), I'm still a college student at the age of 22 (current) and I felt like even with all the rush I did in my mind, I don't feel satisfied with what I have. My 18's and 19's they pass by like nothing and I'm not even in coma. When SR, she could be someone great but she was not given a chance to enjoy those precious moments because of an unfortunate accident. But what I applause her for being a strong adult, for growing such a fine lady despite having less experience in life. She has her regret, I have my regrets but SR decided to live in the present and happy. Her growth as well as WJ's growth is so rewarding to see. 

In this drama, I learned that even through all the hardship we all been through, living in the moment is whats important. I don't want to have regrets no more. Like Chan, I won't rush things nor feel like I should rush to become an adult. I will have my time, it maybe a slow growing up, but remember to just stay happy and share love and kindness. "DON'T, THINK, PIL!!!!" 

And now for the view of the contrarian curmudgeon...

I watched the final two episodes when I got home from my overnight trip last night ready for two hours of fun and tear jerking. What I got instead was disappointing in my opinion. When you have to do two time jumps in the final episode to come up with an ending that sort of makes sense, you buggered it up. I feel like we the viewers got robbed of the story the PD was wanting to tell us at the end. I want to see what the PD wanted to tell us not what SBS forced them to tell us. We got robbed of at least two hours if not more of a beautiful story.

Thank you SBS for buggering up another one.

2 hours ago, BlueNotes said:

YSJ did not hear when the director said cut so he kept kissing SHS hahahahaha !!! Yeah!!!!

Makes me wanna see the BTS of the rooftop kiss, and their wedding pictorial. 

You could just see his playful grin as he stood taller to kiss SHS at the end. Nawww.. he can be rather playful and fun off camera as well! :D

54 minutes ago, dftio said:

Makes me wanna see the BTS of the rooftop kiss, and their wedding pictorial. 

You could just see his playful grin as he stood taller to kiss SHS at the end. Nawww.. he can be rather playful and fun off camera as well! :D

I feel like at the beginning of the series, they were willing to give BTS, I remember SBS has uploaded two videos on the same day, but then later, there were less BTS... The wedding scenes should have been shown in the BTS. It's as if they don't even have time to show BTS for this drama... Well

1 hour ago, BlueNotes said:

I feel like at the beginning of the series, they were willing to give BTS, I remember SBS has uploaded two videos on the same day, but then later, there were less BTS... The wedding scenes should have been shown in the BTS. It's as if they don't even have time to show BTS for this drama... Well

Exactly! As if cutting our drama wasn't enough. They have to deprive us of the bts too. What is that, SBS! :crazy:

The latest bts isn't fully scenes of the latest episode too. They still owe us the bts of the last episode!!! I also want to see photos and interviews of the wrap up party!!! Is that too much to ask for?

I watched the subbed episode a while ago but got busy and couldn't share my thoughts with you. And well, I came back here and everything I wanted to share and even more is already mentioned by you. 

I just wanted the Polaroid photo to be seen by SR, I guess that's what was missing? From an otherwise perfect, happy, warm ending. 

Let's stay here for a long time. Luckily I'm recovering from my withdrawal quicker than I thought, maybe thanks to the ending and BTS :D

Finally watched final episode. so many nice word already said that I totally agree on.  All in all I had found time watching and getting to know all this lovely character. I am happy at least all the important storyline got a nice closer and seeing how far they have come from first episode is heartwarming. Gonna miss this little family :(

I think 3017 accomplished what it set out to do.  It is a story of life's moments--some big, some small--and what we make of them.  It didn't follow the k-drama formula, which seemed upsetting for some viewers, but instead was refreshingly different.  It isn't perfect.  There were some details that fell by the wayside.  (I blame live-shooting more than anything.)  I enjoyed Woo-jin's narration, voicing the show's message for all to hear.

A few of my favorite moments:

tumblr_pe7exgmopw1w2zf0ho4_r1_540.png

tumblr_pe7exgmopw1w2zf0ho5_r1_540.png

Love you, Jennifer!

@stuartjmz  Oh, to share a little optimism with you.  Kim Tae-rin was not a villain.  :)

Just finished watching both episodes. That was the most perfect ending!:):wub:. I'm so happy after so many tears. (Bear with me this is going to be long)

Going back to episode 15, which I first watched raw - I felt like I really didn't need any subs to feel the emotions of what was going on. And when I watched it with subs, I felt Iike I really didn't miss anything. Now that's good acting!

I teared up when WJ returned to the house with SooRi and all Chan could do is just hug WJ. I just love, love their relationship and their closeness.  When they were younger, you could see the how much WJ cared for his kid nephew (the little Chan that was boo hoo crying just because he wanted a donut :huh:....yah...). WJ such a caring and dutiful uncle. Then their roles took a reversal after the accident, and it seems Chan took over his uncle's role at such a young age watching over him. It's no wonder that Chan has the maturity and and selflessness about him. I was so glad that he still confessed to SooRi because he recognized his need for closure. He handled it more brilliantly than any other kdrama character would have done. So proud of him! He's a keeper for any other woman that catches his eye!

Spoiler

Jennifer- she was such a strong character in this show, so when she cries, I cry....a lot....the ending of episode 15 ...oh my gosh, I couldn't take it seeing her in so much pain:tears:

The Driver - let me just say that I understand their anger towards him, especially after finding out that he was drinking and driving. BUT, I feel for him. And in my mind, I hope that SooRi eventually would come to forgive him, and SOMEBODY would thank him for working hard all those years to pay her hospital bills.  She wouldn't have made it if he hadn't stepped up to do it, because she was on life support when the hospital was talking about not being able to keep her. So I felt that he did right. And then right by turning himself in.  I hope that Jennifer found where she could forgive him as well. 

Spoiler

Now episode 16. SooRi is sooo cute. SHS played her to a T.  That role was perfect for her. I loved her whole letter writing scene (which is something I had feared from the previews), and loved the restaurant scene ha ha. Woo Jin is the perfect boyfriend and gentleman.  And I'm glad they addressed issues that adults talk about, rather than skirting over them. 

I couldn't have asked for a better ending episode! :)

Spoiler

Chingus, always a pleasure reading everyone's posts and thoughts on this thread. Thanks everyone! Catchya on the next thread! :)

Just wanted to add something, couldn't hold it in :lol: I think it's the first time for me to say that but I think I'll be following the writer for the next projects, specially if I happen to like the leads (I'll hope YSJ is one of them). I've been inspired at many moments, be it the whole drama or this last episode. Some small details got me into tears. DS and HB's gift for Jennifer, as an example, was tea, because they saw her once having it. Chan's gift ''look the same but different" and SR getting her gorgeous pair of shoes. And not to overdo it with the gifts, WJ gave her a hug. 

If it was another writer, SR would have performed on a big stage, with crowd, wearing a beautiful dress. But no, she is aiming now for a more meaningful and powerful role in life: a music therapist. I remember back when I read about the plot and they mentioned music, I thought of the many films/dramas I've seen before about someone with passion for music and all I can remember they usually tend to have the same storyline, which initially, did not interest me very much.

I love the SMALL details that added MUCH to this story. I love how neatly and finely each character was written, I can say that each character is uniquely written that I don't remember seeing any close version on any drama/movie before. Actors should be congratulated as well for contributing to this, each added his/her touch to all those beautiful characters we were watching over the past 2 months. 

YSJ is shy and awkward around new people but once he warms up to someone, he’s like a puppy :D I don’t think we’ll ever get to see such a unique uncle/nephew relationship like this again. I hope YSJ and AHS will remain friends after this.

9ECD77D5-C51B-4B6D-9301-F60638F4E28F.gif

By the way I realised the first part of the preview for last episode wasn't shown in the actual last episode... That of SR and an unknown lady talking and looking for someone. And another one with HT in preview got cut too. Just how much have they cut the show that we are just left to guess and interpret for ourselves :crazy:. I feel for the pd director, cast and filming crew for their hard work taken away 

Is anyone else kinda hoping for more articles about this drama? Even websites such a netizenbuzz isnt translating any korean audience reactions to the drama and its wrap up. Only outlet is really soompi.

:weary:

Ratings are good cause its obviously a good script but public reaction just seems so lacklustre, probably overridden by craze for Mr Sunshine? Sigh.

I hope at least SBS entertainment program next wk? Or is there an episode this week? Will cover the wrap up party. Please please please. I need a final dose of WJ and SR. 

Archived