[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

26 minutes ago, bonuibonui said:

Agree! Don't forget about knetz....scary! 

I really love your post and how sweet the two of you. I hope someday my future husband and I could find a bonding time by watching dramas we both love. Especially kdramas, I hope to find a husband who would pamper my kdrama addiction hahaha. 

Thanks so much.  I was very lucky to  find my "pretty noona who buys me food."  We have been married for thirty-four years.  I always wish that for Kdramas like "Thirty But Seventeen," that the couples live long, happy relationships like my wife and I.  Good luck in finding your Mr. Gong. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, larrysouth said:

Thanks so much.  I was very lucky to  find my "pretty noona who buys me food."  We have been married for thirty-four years.  I always wish that for Kdramas like "Thirty But Seventeen," that the couples live long, happy relationships like my wife and I.  Good luck in finding your Mr. Gong. 

@larrysouth That is simply amazing! :wub: Not a lot of people actually have what you and your wife has. You are both lucky, indeed. You guys give me hope. Thank you.

I am so glad that I did NOT watch the promo--all that angst would have wrecked the sweet story for me.  (But I'm just one of those who doesn't need the extra stress!)  The DramaMilk re-caps made me so happy, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the final episode with subs. 

This is the most healing and affirming drama; there were so many things that I needed to hear and that I want to remember to apply to my own life.  It's rare that I re-watch a drama but I surely plan to do so with 3017--it's just that good.  

I've been a Soompi lurker for a long time and it was 3017 that finally made me join because I had things I couldn't resist saying.  Most of my theories were at least a little off the mark but I enjoyed thinking about them.

Thanks to everyone who posted and shared here.  I have had so much fun!  :wub:

This has been a heart-fluttering drama — the first and only one so far to have such a “crescendo” effect on me. It did not have to resort to elaborate, glossy devices to strike a chord and stand out. Such a labour of love, with so many precious nuggets of wisdom and inspiration. I felt so rich and grateful at the end of this journey. I will remember this drama for a very long time. I hope the cast and crew know how deeply people appreciate this piece of work and are proud to say to others that they contributed to the sincere storytelling.

I swear this drama has one of the quickest turnarounds with regards to having the English subs out. Usually it's out really late at night, but it's now ready. 

I agree with everything @Dingy Conk said. This drama is a rare gem and I will remember it for a very long time. I'm glad the actors took on their respective roles when they did and they just all gelled together so naturally and without any hint of awkwardness showing through. 

I've learned so much from watching this. I'm really happy I watched this when I did and go through all the emotions with you all. Saranghae :wub:

Now if only there's someone like Mr. Gong *sigh* 

18 minutes ago, anjuliet said:

.....I've learned so much from watching this. I'm really happy I watched this when I did and go through all the emotions with you all. Saranghae :wub:

As silly as it sounds, it really was such a pleasure to cry my way through episode 14 with everyone!  Somehow that was a really good and really refreshing thing to do.

10 minutes ago, thistle said:

As silly as it sounds, it really was such a pleasure to cry my way through episode 14 with everyone!  Somehow that was a really good and really refreshing thing to do.

@thistle It IS a healing drama, just like what YSJ and Paul Ahn said. The tears helped release and relieve bottled up emotions (for me), and yes, it felt good to have cried with you all. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRT4oclDC7oOGPIRmulTbH2986.jpg?w=714&h=402mqdefault.jpg

From beginning  to end this drama has been one that a viewer could relax and even count on in a way.  For myself after a long day lean on in knowing there would be some laughter, romance,family & friendships, and a very large amount of courage in finding ones self again.  A sense of newness that brought to mind the simple & sweetness of love when everything inside you is tingling and you don't even fully understand why...

I was thankful the moment I saw this OTP in the same room with matching PJ's on and I won't lie when I saw those gold bands around their fingers my heart felt relief that there would be no open ending when it came to their relationship.  They were all grown up now, happy, married and looking out sharing the same window and like a modern day part miracle/part fairy tale romance. 

Would be sharing the future.

Together as one..

A first love that survived the test of time in their hearts and in their minds. 

What a beautiful story of how powerful love is and it showed not only in this couple but in all the characters that surrounded them.

That having people to love whom love you can give you the courage, strength and faith to not only face your fears but make possible what once seemed and felt impossible...

44 minutes ago, thistle said:

Okay, admit it:  who waved back at the screen at the end of the episode?

I did! :wub:

@thistle :phew::phew::phew:

18 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Lets all be grateful we once again avoided another Something in the Rain. :thumbsup:

@dramaninja I started watching Something in the Rain and didn't get even halfway through the first episode, because I decided to watch this one instead. Now I'm curious, though. Do you recommend I skip episodes? :sweatingbullets: 

1 hour ago, Ni Wen said:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1232401wpp/cast-30-17-shares-final-thoughts-drama-comes-end

:huh:

SO happy reading all of your thoughts here. I've watched the raw just now coz couldnt wait. Gonna catch up on some sleep now, I'll be back. Goodnight/good day wherever you are. 

@Ni Wen I just finished watching the English subs. Ahhh, I'm missing it already. Good night and see you back here soon.

Okay so you chingus got your happy ever after...our turn now in DJ forum...PLEASE writer Nim... :sweatingbullets:  Your OTP looks cute together (I adore the actress who plays young SeoRi - she first caught my eye in 7DQ).  On my binge watch list after I recover from lack of sleep.  Coffee on tap tonight and tomorrow night and a less than functioning seriously sleep deprived human come FriYay. Onward!  ;)

Well what can I say.....it’s sooooo satisfying! 100% overload pure goodness and innocence! I feel that I tasted that most sweets mango or the best chocolate in the world finishing this series! I applaud all the staff and crew of 30but17 and of course to the heart of the show WJ and SR nobody else can make them better that our main lead SHS and YSJ. I love and adorore everything about it! Thanks to the writer and director for making such a wonderful masterpiece. They wrap everything up and tied everything into places. I know I will not asked for more episode because they give more that what we deserve. SR got married at the same time a professional and university student and she achieved her dream as a violinist! That concert in the hospital just give tears me up because she came back to where she stayed for a long time and give love to others. HS company is doing well, she accepted SR without credentials while she hired her but she saw the inner gem and talent that SR can contribute the company. Chan is just growing up fine without skipping a step in his life, frankly going to university is one of the best years of one’s life. Not everyone can have that opportunity. Jennifer is just suited for opening up a restaurant she is the best cook ever I wanted to go to Korea just to eat in her restaurant. 

WJ, our Mr. Gong matured as well, I can’t stop my tears when he is narrating how his life have been, seeing him with that long hair and beard just made me realize how much he changed just because the heaven let this 30yearold girl with 17 year old mindset came to his life and together they created a because music. I wouldn’t trade them in the world! This the the best romcom first love kdrama ever! 

Lastly thank you all especially @meechuttso for starting this thread I enjoyed reading all your comments and post and all the active member here that keeps us happy at all times! We will all see each other again! 

P.S so DK and Fang are twins?!:scream: So they are two of them! Sooooo adorable it reminds me of my two beagle dogs that I have back home! 

My heart is exploding with such great joy!! Happy, happy, happy......!!! Grinning silly like GWJ here... :D

What a great healing drama this is! Very, very, very well done! Writing, directing, acting, editing... everything! Love, love, love this drama to pieces! :wub:

The last time I saw character/cast waving to viewers was The Best Love. Love that little unexpected touch. And I actually think it has always been meant as a 16-hours series. But whatever happened to Li Rian? Why no mention of her at all? We can have her still pursuing Chan even if he hasn't responded to her yet...

Then there is a question that I keep wondering, anyone care to indulge in it with me....?

-- Do the writer/production find the house first, then write out the script (skylight window to be opened with toilet plunger, room under staircases) or the script was written first, then find the perfect house?

Can't get over the happiness yet... I want to take the day off just to soak in all the happiness but alas, work is calling, RL.... :( .... But I know I'll be back here sneaking again soon despite work, ahahahahaa...:lol:

Not sure if these have been posted? I’m late to watching...

I can’t believe there is not one photo of SHS and YSJ... I’m hoping SHS will post a group photo at least....awaiting her update *crosses fingers*

I love everything about this drama...from the story down to the casts. This is officially my favorite drama!

I need some time to taper off these withdrawal symptoms I’m going through so I’m prescribing myself to re-marathoning this starting once a day until these symptoms go away and then maybe I can watch SHS drama with LJS...but not ready to see YSJ with anyone yet...I’m having a SR MOMENT and writing on the fly :joy: forgive me...I need to run to cross bridge and see if I can get myself a WJ there now :D

Archived