Add and Subtract Game

Admin

about that poll. i voted i watch all of oppa's dramas (yes even the badly dubbed chinese drama), though I didn't watch his dailies :D

I can't stand dailies ever since Temptation of Wife which put me through the ringer. 

Good Night Reaction GIF

i know it's blasphemy.

one day i will see every drama of oppa

changwook-20200124-064236-005.gif 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

Hey there Chingus 

57712776.jpg

I am very bad at dropping dramas, especially if I have crossed the half way mark. I usually drop the dramas in the first few episodes if I don't feel it, otherwise I end up watching them no matter how bad they are, examples being "Rugal", "The third Charm" which I think I should have dropped but didn't :loolz:

+2

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1

giphy-4.gif

@partyon @Lmangla

@Ameera Ali @larus 

@joccu @MayanEcho 

@gm4queen @LeftCoastOppa @Sleepy Owl

@confusedheart326  @pompyavi 

@hsmz @4evrkdrama @mirmz @elan1 @Ernie 

hai everyone. :D alternate calculation using add or subtract method. :D

giphy.gif

tumblr-57b61f62e53ab8d35c7062ee7c32482a-

Spoiler

giphy-5.gif

lovely @partyon thank you for tagging me. :D

@Ameera Ali wink. :D

Spoiler

giphy-3.gif

Spoiler

balmy.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 5

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I am very bad at dropping dramas, especially if I have crossed the half way mark. I usually drop the dramas in the first few episodes if I don't feel it, otherwise I end up watching them no matter how bad they are, examples being "Rugal", "The third Charm" which I think I should have dropped but didn't

I totally understand you. :D But I rarely start watching something is not my taste so finding dramas so bad for me is just bad luck.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

4 minutes ago, larus said:

I totally understand you. :D But I rarely start watching something is not my taste so finding dramas so bad for me is just bad luck.

Uhmmm…. Eccentric Chef Moon…? :D 

@hsmz Thank goodness we get a break from barf drama. I just can’t barf anymore :bawling:

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1

6 minutes ago, larus said:

Well Chingu, I rarely do that too, but sometimes I end up watching the bad ones thinking they would be good 

:evilelmo:

10 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i finally completed all the Voice seasons..

1 was really good..

2 was draggy, maybe cos i dun really enjoy the excessive scenes where the partner kept having to fight his dark side and the impulsiveness

3 was.. ok i lost patience on this one.. cos it's the continuation of V2 with the same partner.. and my interest took a nosedive after watching ep1 and 2.. so i went directly into ep16 to see the ending..

no wonder in V4, the FL was anxious cos she had lost 2 partners.. good thing was, i finally know how in V4 it was linked back to the earlier ones.

I am yet to watch Seasons 2 and 3, should I go for them? Between 1 and 4, I think 1 was much better. Not sure since I have not watched 2 and 3, but 1 could be the best among them all too. :rubchin:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

Amount of dramas that I have dropped:

I voted between 10-100 because I dropped 15-20 since I start watching kdramas in 2012. I hate just two-three dramas that I wished I should never start them, some of the other dropped dramas are just minor issues, not necesarry bad dramas.

48 minutes ago, partyon said:

Uhmmm…. Eccentric Chef Moon…? :D 

I finished that drama. :w00t: At least I liked the couple but the villains and the plot were a snoozefest. The second half I watched with FF button. 

48 minutes ago, partyon said:

Thank goodness we get a break from barf drama. I just can’t barf anymore

So I understand that you`ll be watching the third season. The break is helping. I knew you will be watching. :w00t: The makjang writers knows how to catch their audience. After torturing the audience with nonsense plot/overdramatic turns and twists,they give them what they want in the last few episodes. :lol:

44 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I end up watching the bad ones thinking they would be good 

I never think they will be good. A bad drama turns to be good in the end? Unlikely.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1

:waves: guys!

I am currently working on a secret project myself! And it's regarding none other than our beautiful community, Soompi Forums itself! Will let you know once I am done with preparations! :heart:

Ha ha ha #yeambarf.. How do you feel about the first Saturday, without barf drama after all? :loolz:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

8 hours ago, joccu said:

@Ameera Ali  @agenth @confusedheart326 @hsmz @gm4queen @Ernie @kokodus @Min2206 @MayanEcho @larus @Lmangla @LeftCoastOppa @kokodus @partyon @pompyavi @sadthe1st @Sleepy Owl  @Thong Thin  @twinkle_little_star @Wuzetian @willenette

@larus  @Sleepy Owl  i did only watch couple of episodes of joseon gunman.  The drama or it casts just did not click with me. 

@joccu, I watched this drama mainly for Lee Jun Ki. I always have a big soft spot for him. Before "Joseon Gunman" actually aired, I was already excited to watch the show because of its stylish & gorgeous poster. Too sad that you didn't continue watching it through the end since you didn't like the cast at all - I respect that! In show’s defense, it remained a solid watch throughout for me. You know, the least genre that I like is historical/sageuk. But, since it's LJK's drama, I have no choice but to watch & support him. I can say that Lee Jun Ki tends to rock in period shows, particularly sageuks. The show did not disappoint because Lee Jun Ki holding a gun really is NICELY badass. Of course, the show was not perfect, it has it flaws, too. In fact, I find the show a little slow, which made it draggy & you know that it makes a world of difference to the viewing experience. I find it a solid watch & a good drama, but, it hurts to think that the show came close to – yet fell short of – greatness. Despite, I must say - The drama’s strength is certainly Lee Jun Ki. :7555_attack:

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

6 hours ago, partyon said:

Sorry, chingu. I just want don't want you to be hungry when you go to bed.

i shall make him hungrier when he wakes up?

i had this earlier for dinner with my friend.. yes, sweet souffle pancakes for dinner not dessert lol

Untitled-design-2-1.png?fit=1200,628&ssl

cr.: owner

6 hours ago, Sky Kang said:

Same here. I dropped some dramas bec of annoying characters or because I don't like the acting of the actor/actress

hi new chingu!

Saved By The Bell Wave GIF

I am yet to watch Seasons 2 and 3, should I go for them? Between 1 and 4, I think 1 was much better. Not sure since I have not watched 2 and 3, but 1 could be the best among them all too

@Sleepy Owl V2 and V3 are more like, 1 of 2 and 2 of 2.. the villains are those in the Fabre community.. the former is more on organized murdering and collecting the prized human parts (of police), the latter on the online auction. i guess, the FF button works well for me.. in fact, i skipped ep3-15 of V3 and still can grasped the gist hahahaha!!

Spoiler

that Bang Je Soo lapsed 3 years before his next major massacre.. and he had everything coordinated and planned seamlessly.

i'm guessing in V4 the private files of F Children Hospital and the special hearing kit used by Dong Bang Min from Fabre Lab are all linked..

Bang Je Soo and Keneki (dead) are both super interested in Director Kang's ears, literally wanting to cut it off.

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 3

c91a98c009890b343dafb278cf815c40.gif

How's your Saturday?

Thanks for the tag @partyon:)

I don't watch much dramas, and more often than not, it will be because it piqued my interest. More often than not, it will be the BGM/OST that will make me watch something. It would just be an added bonus if the cast includes an actor or actress I like. I do also check out shows if the story or the role is something new for the actor or actress.

I like to be surprised. Ratings, reviews, those don't mean much to me. If I see that there was care given to the settings, outfits, CGI, and SFX, I would make time to watch. If those are good considering when the drama was filmed, that means effort to give an eye feast to viewers. It wouldn't just be relying on the big names in the cast and production team.

I don't fast forward the first time I see a drama because I don't want to miss some scenes or convo that may seem unimportant but would mean a lot towards the end. Haha, precisely the reason why I rarely read comments on dramas, in YT for instance, because many posts are so dumb and redundant. Makes me think we are watching different shows, LOL.

That said, my attention span is on average 45min per episode. 1 hour is pushing it. If 2-3 episodes in a row bored me, it is difficult to continue watching. I rarely completely drop a drama though. If more than a year passes and I haven't continued, then that's what I'd consider as dropped, hahaha!

P.S. Higher expectations for remakes or adaptions from novels. :)

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

7 hours ago, partyon said:

@LeftCoastOppa When you wake up tomorrow, please post a pic of your breakfast.

Okay - per request - scrambled eggs on garlic toast, certainly not the healthiest but oh so yummy :blush:

The Best Scrambled Egg Toast | Recipe Cart

Mine didn't look this neat ...

Good Morning All -

46 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i shall make him hungrier when he wakes up?

HA-HA! I had breakfast before checking the threads ... Your evil hunger inducing plot has failed!

( ... those do look good though ):rolleyes:

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

@willenette  I actually really like junki acting.  But in gunman drama I don't what was wrong.  Maybe it was the female actresses or some else. 

@partyon  my drop list is really long.  And I have in hold also many dramas. No time and not really interested in anything.

The only dramas I watch right now are dailies. 

@Sky Kang  welcome to this thread. :love:

@LeftCoastOppa morning!

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

4 hours ago, larus said:

I never think they will be good. A bad drama turns to be good in the end? Unlikely.

Thing is, I start them thinking they would be good, like Rugal or TKEM had a very promising start and initial plot, but went down the drains later on. So I do agree that a bad drama turning good is very unlikely, but a seemingly good drama turning bad is more than possible :joy:

That's why I usually end up dropping the dramas at the start since I see some signs of them being bad. But sometimes I end up watching the bad ones :evilelmo:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

7 hours ago, larus said:

So I understand that you`ll be watching the third season. The break is helping. I knew you will be watching. :w00t: The makjang writers knows how to catch their audience. After torturing the audience with nonsense plot/overdramatic turns and twists,they give them what they want in the last few episodes. :lol:

Chingu, you are wrong. I am done with barf drama and will certainly not watch season 3. :D I am more convinced than ever that I want to move on to less barfy dramas.

I'll probably watch something barfy from Thailand instead. :D

tenor.gif?itemid=7744760

NJ9_25.gif

cr.to owners

• LOL 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

@partyon @Lmangla

chris-h-shirt.gif

@Ameera Ali @larus 

@joccu @MayanEcho