Add and Subtract Game

Admin

55 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Wow this Shan cai is more feisty than Makino in the Japanese version. That's saying a lot. Geum Jan di was pretty much a damsel in distress always waiting to be saved by prince charming. LOL. This Shan cai though she needs no saving. She just dumped a glass of wine on those richard simmons rich girls thick heads. Hahahaha. This is so satisfying to watch.

@kokodus So you got over the fashion crisis and continued watching Meteor Garden? :joy:

That Shan Cai is definitely no damsel in distress, she even has a couple of tattoos.

@triplem @Ameera Ali Did you notice that Hyena is nominated in lots of 2020 Baeksang Awards categories? :kiss_wink:

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/05/07/2020-baeksang-award-nominations-out-and-popular-dramas-crash-landing-on-you-the-world-of-the-married-and-when-the-camellia-blooms-lead-drama-side/

@Lmangla @angelangie Yup, need to take breaks from time to time. :grin:

Spoiler

im-on-a-5c74c1.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, partyon said:

@triplem @Ameera Ali Did you notice that Hyena is nominated in lots of 2020 Baeksang Awards categories

Yes !!!! I am rooting for them to win something. I went through the list & it is my personal favourite. I wish they had best couple like how they do the network awards !!! Hyena couple had the most electrifying chemistry.  So sexy . :lol:. Anyway I’m up to speed with Good Casting . It’s fun & I Iove it ! 

Spoiler

The thread was talking about the lack of logic in some parts , lol! Hey 3 ahujummas with potential knee / joint problems are still kicking butt at their age ...let’s leave the logic behind . :lol: 

@kokodus I won’t mind LKH cameo . After all PP ( plus Secret Forest ) was his breakout role in TV . He too was a stage actor . I love looney . Maybe they can write him in as a patient that needs treating for his addiction :D

@Dhakra the chick from Children of Nobody is back!  I didn’t recognize her till someone pointed her out to me.  I like Lee SeYoung as well.  Never watched any drama (in full) for the male leads.  Only problem is that it’s another time travel one...not 365 days but just 1 month? :blink:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1398795wpp/shin-sung-rok-lee-se-young-ahn-bo-hyun-and-nam-gyu-ri-confirmed-for-new-mbc-thriller

• Like 1

@partyon This death glare though...images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZdAIRXqN2YFGN9Oo074F

This scene is absolutely precious. He is giving this death glare to a guy who is coming in between Jing and Lei. Lei is obviously sad with his face down. But Dao Ming Si is all like "How dare you come here and steal my friend's girlfriend? LOL. Have I told you apart from the romance, this friendship is another reason why I keep coming back. I like Dao Ming Si in this scene because he had no dialogues, he was just sitting there and staring at the new guy. When he says million words at the same time that's where the awkward acting sets in. LOL. Jerry Yan is also the type of guy I like~ Dark skinned, Tall, thick eyebrows, his hair has a mind of its own. LOL. That rugged handsomeness is what I live for. In other version, they styled it too much to get the perfect pineapple hair, but I'm pretty sure here they just told him to roll in the bed for a few minutes and then come out and act a scene. LOL. So haphazard, every strand is pointing in a different direction. Hahahaha. 

@triplem Ahhh I think i'll break if Hanyang becomes Chi Hong's (Ji won) patient. Sighhh. Still want it to happen. 

• LOL 3

39 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@partyon This death glare though.

This scene is absolutely precious. He is giving this death glare to a guy who is coming in between Jing and Lei. Lei is obviously sad with his face down. But Dao Ming Si is all like "How dare you come here and steal my friend's girlfriend? LOL. Have I told you apart from the romance, this friendship is another reason why I keep coming back. I like Dao Ming Si in this scene because he had no dialogues, he was just sitting there and staring at the new guy. When he says million words at the same time that's where the awkward acting sets in. LOL. Jerry Yan is also the type of guy I like~ Dark skinned, Tall, thick eyebrows, his hair has a mind of its own. LOL. That rugged handsomeness is what I live for. In other version, they styled it too much to get the perfect pineapple hair, but I'm pretty sure here they just told him to roll in the bed for a few minutes and then come out and act a scene. LOL. So haphazard, every strand is pointing in a different direction. Hahahaha.

lol :D You are clearly warming up to Meteor Garden 2001, and you are slowly becoming a Jerry Yan fan.

I don't care what others say about his acting in that drama, but Jerry is still my favorite Dao Ming Si! :wub:

@triplem I need a Hyena season 2. I am still behind on Good Casting... :(  I will catch up on it this weekend, I promise! ;)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

25 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think the Taiwanese MG might just end up to be @kokodus favorite :lol: I only watched one version, not motivated at all to watch the others. And regretted watching the sequel actually -_-

Which version did you watch? :)

Yeah, I think despite @kokodus complaining about the fashion initially, from now on she's going to dream about oppa Jerry ;)

• LOL 4

55 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think the Taiwanese MG might just end up to be @kokodus favorite :lol: I only watched one version, not motivated at all to watch the others. And regretted watching the sequel actually -_-

I guess you watched the TW version? Though the sequel sucks, there were actually a few special episodes called Meteor Rain quite well written.

@kokodus That pineapple hairdo :smirk: of Jerry Yan!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@triplem I haven’t finished Hyena :sweatingbullets: :lol:

Nah my favourite version is still this one. They were just too cute and he was extremely handsome, my tooth hurts just thinking about them. Goshh I need to rewatch this show now. tumblr_pcz1o5SNZ81xbwctio3_500.gifv

Gif credit to owner

But I'm indeed warming up to the Taiwanese one, it's good and not too flashy like the other versions. I admit that Jerry Yan is handsome, he even has dimples when he smiles. LOL. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Nah my favourite version is still this one. They were just too cute and he was extremely handsome, my tooth hurts just thinking about them. Goshh I need to rewatch this show now.

But I'm indeed warming up to the Taiwanese one, it's good and not too flashy like the other versions. I admit that Jerry Yan is handsome, he even has dimples when he smiles. LOL.

Hehe :D That's the power of Jerry.... :D

986c5053845e25736618c54a5ee59a7612742090

I watched MG 2018 and I liked Dylan/Dao Ming Si too. My biggest problem was the portrayal of Shan Cai (played by Shen Yue). She was indecisive and had no spunk throughout the show.

Now Jerry Yan ("original" Dao Ming Si) and Shen Yue ("new" Shan Cai) are starring together in C-drama "Count Your Lucky Stars". Despite the 20 year age gap, I still might have to check it out.... ;)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, partyon said:

I watched MG 2018 and I liked Dylan/Dao Ming Si too. My biggest problem was the portrayal of Shan Cai (played by Shen Yue). She was indecisive and had no spunk throughout the show.

I agree Shen yue's Shan Cai could have been more spunkier but she was not a doormat like Jan Di either. MG2018 had its conflicts but they were really very minor compared to the other versions. They didn't even have amnesia arc which was really refreshing. Lol. It was such a fluffy show overall with just enough push and pull to make me swoon over the romance. 

Like this scene here, he sends her 520 roses as 520 in Chinese has same pronounciation as "I love you". Shan cai being Shan cai starts counting to check whether it really has 520 roses. There are only 519, so she immediately calls him to complain, little did she know that he intentionally withheld that one rose to give it to her personally. Hehehe. No other versions I watched had a scene like this one, I'm a sucker for scenes like this. MG2018 had sooooooo many cute moments which are tooth achingly sweet and makes me so sad at the same moment for not having a boyfriend like him. LOL. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

You know what is the true definition of makjang?

ML blew the ship up to kill this crazy killer. Only later to find out that when he blew that ship, his girlfriend’s mother is on the ship too. Now there are two dead bodies and a soon to be broken relationship. Makjang

This is nothing compared what I have heard before; one wife got his professor husband cheated on her with his student. The girl student got pregnant without knowing that professor was married. After the girl attempted a suicide without success, the wife figured that herself and the girl were both the victims of her husband's infidelity. She filed a divorce while taking pity on the pregnant girl...Feelings started to grow between the two; the wife and the girl got married at the end, with the new born baby as a part of the new family.

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, 000231846597 said:

This is nothing compared what I have heard before; one wife got his professor husband cheated on her with his student. The girl student got pregnant without knowing that professor was married. After the girl attempted a suicide without success, the wife figured that herself and the girl were both the victims of her husband's infidelity. She filed a divorce while taking pity on the pregnant girl...Feelings started to grow between the two; the wife and the girl got married at the end, with the new born baby as a part of the new family.

Oh Gosh !!! Is this drama or real life? 

@partyon @ktcjdrama never mind the other dramas  you’re behind on . We need to focus next  week for the baby daddy sperm race on Oh My Baby .  So definitely some supporters for @Ameera Ali’s muscular & charismatic hubby & also some for the best friend single daddy . But so far no supporters yet for the four dimensional hoobae ! I was wondering what the heck is a 4D character & apparently it means this :w00t:

Spoiler

It is a korean slang word which means someone who is eccentric and wacky. It is not a word meant to insult a person, instead it is something which is used to compliment  him/her.

So @Lawyerh ottoke? R u leaning towards muscles or bestie or mr 4D ? 
Got subs !!!!

+2

5 hours ago, nrllee said:

@Dhakra the chick from Children of Nobody is back!  I didn’t recognize her till someone pointed her out to me.  I like Lee SeYoung as well.  Never watched any drama (in full) for the male leads.  Only problem is that it’s another time travel one...not 365 days but just 1 month? :blink:

Mhm, I don't know. I mean it kinda sounds a bit like Signal, but.........it does not really speak to me. I'm not really exciting. MBC......thriller.....mhm......Maybe if I'm bored? I don't want to see sexy cop rot as a violin teacher with a B role. :D 

2 hours ago, jeijei said:

@cenching I'm obsessed with Tom. He's so sexy :wub:

Me too, he is absolutely sexy....:love: Great jawline and great bods in dashing Italian suits and shoes. 

I dropped Lucifer when Fox stopped it and I didn’t realised Netflix got it until I browsed Netflix during quarantine....Sadly they had to stopped filming S5 because of Covid-19. Have you watch him in Miranda??

+2

• Like 1

11 hours ago, triplem said:

Oh Gosh !!! Is this drama or real life? 

Relax, it is only an Asian makjang drama trying to write something different. Since there is only one place in Asia where same-sex marriage is legal, it would not be too difficult to guess where the drama is from.

11 hours ago, Sushimi said:

Anyways..My phone background is about to go to the trash can..sorry Jang Hyuk, but a new lover is in town :lol:

Kenneth Ma?

• LOL 2