Add and Subtract Game

Admin

I just started watching the original TW Meteor garden. I'm very well aware that this was 20 years back and the hair and the styling is from that era so I should just tolerate that. But I can't tolerate the bad acting though. LOL. I have ALWAYS fallen for the main male lead first in all the other versions, be it Gu Jun pyo or Ah si or Tsukasa. But strangely in this version I like Lei more. This is weird, it has never happened before. 

This is the only version I have not watched in the Hana Yori dango franchise, and I so badly want to finish it, but I don't know whether I have the patience. sighhh. 

• LOL 5

14 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I just started watching the original TW Meteor garden. I'm very well aware that this was 20 years back and the hair and the styling is from that era so I should just tolerate that. But I can't tolerate the bad acting though. LOL. I have ALWAYS fallen for the main male lead first in all the other versions, be it Gu Jun pyo or Ah si or Tsukasa. But strangely in this version I like Lei more. This is weird, it has never happened before. 

This is the only version I have not watched in the Hana Yori dango franchise, and I so badly want to finish it, but I don't know whether I have the patience. sighhh. 

lol :D @kokodus Meteor Garden was Jerry Yan's first drama (or one of his first). He was a real rookie at that time.

What you will notice (if you have the patience to continue watching), is that his acting improves as the story progresses. It's actually quite fascinating!

And he's a good actor nowadays! :) 

7 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

What? @kokodus u don't like Tau Ming Se? I rewatched this like 10x last time, when I was young :lol: I thought you're in the tsundere lover club :D I can heard @partyon start nagging now :ph34r:

lol :D @Lawyerh When it comes to Dao Ming Si, I will NOT starting nagging. Dao Ming Si/Go Jun Pyo/Tsukasa is an institution. We are allowed to like this tsundere guy.... Haha :D 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

What? @kokodus u don't like Tau Ming Se? I rewatched this like 10x last time, when I was young :lol: I thought you're in the tsundere lover club :D I can heard @partyon start nagging now :ph34r:

But you're right, the last time I rewatched , after know oppas, I can't with their acting lols... 

Honestly everyone else is tolerable except Dao Ming si. Hahaha. They don't even look like Rich kids to me in the first place. LOL. I like the girl though. Her acting is good. I hope if I keep watching he gets better. We are supposed to dislike him at first anyways. But the thing is it was always love at first for me in other versions. Let's see how this goes. 

@partyon Hahahaha I agree Dao Ming si/Tsukasa/GJP is an institution. I can't even express in words the love I have for this character. No matter how I look at it, this story and his character is such a master piece. I want them to keep remaking this story so that my kids and grandkids doesn't miss out on this gem of a show. LOL. Even if they don't remake it, I know I will force my kids to watch all the available versions with me. Hahaha. 

• LOL 3

Actually Dylan wang's acting was also very green in the recent version. But there is something in him that made me fall in love instantly. So my brain refused to see all his flaws after that. LOL. 

@Lawyerh so I should've watched this 20 years ago. Somehow I missed that train, now I'm struggling. But as an avid fan of this franchise, it always bothers me that I didn't watch the original version. So I'm just going to keep going. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

@Lawyerh Hehehe. What is it with the bandana? LOL. He is also wearing golden leather pants. I can't even....

Now look at this...You can tell right away that these guys are rolling in cash from the moment they were born. LOL. But all look dead with that face. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-2acqiguh-jv8ZC62b7s

• LOL 5

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

I just started watching the original TW Meteor garden.

@Lawyerh Oh. It is the FIRST idol drama I watched. The FIRST time I bought VCDs for a drama. The reason I learned mandarin. 

The styling was mediocre even using the standards at that time, but I enjoyed the pacing of the script and the humors there. I love the JP version too. The looks are not my cup of tea but their acting delivers. I was not able to complete the Korean version since there was too many fillers in the second half of the show, and when you have rewatched the TW and JP version a few times already, you couldn't help but feel bored by the more or less the same story.

Edited by 000231846597
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

25 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

@kokodus HP - 

Tbh, I really can't see all the small items, supposed to be a clue or something (dolls or miniatures, idk). I really short sighted (literally) - no pun intended :lol:

It's insane. The YT theories are getting more and more bizarre. There is this line theory going on which makes no sense. We are not living in a desert forgodsakes, there are buildings and walls everywhere. Sighh.

I'm just waiting for the cigarette theory to come true. LOL. 

@000231846597 Boy over flowers was my first kdrama ever. So I watched all the eps religiously and it opened the gates to this beautiful world of kdramas. LOL. That's why I always have a special spot for Lee Min Ho in my heart. He is my first oppa. Loved Japanese version too. The acting was topnotch in that one and I think it was a clean no-nonsense kind of drama. I loved the movie too. Where they get stuck in an island, and in the end she gets pregnant too. JP version had the most satisfying ending of all. The marriage, proposal and the baby. Hehehe. Somehow I don't get bored with this story even though I know what happens next. LOL. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

@kokodus talking abt LMH, u didn't watch The King? How could u? :lol:

I think I will start The King next week, it depends on how HP treats me tomorrow, if they keep dragging the lovelines, I think I might give up on that one and board the LMH train. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

41 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

.. But not lured yet. I stopped at ep 2 haha...  

Ok I will try harder with a better bait next time. LOL. 

Ok I'm starting to believe that these guys are rich after looking at Dao ming si's house. It's huge. LOL. 

• LOL 3

3 hours ago, kokodus said:

@Lawyerh Hehehe. What is it with the bandana? LOL. He is also wearing golden leather pants. I can't even....

Now look at this...You can tell right away that these guys are rolling in cash from the moment they were born. LOL. But all look dead with that face.

Hahah :D The original Meteor Garden came out in 2001. Fashion in 2001 was very different from Meteor Garden 2018.... I would dare to say that we perceive that they don't look rich in the 2001 version, because we're not familiar or can't remember what fashion was like then. :) 

I can assure you that the golden leather pants very expensive.... :D

633739701712716300-imsorry.jpg

• LOL 4

@Lawyerh if you want to follow a stuffed animal trail, I think you should watch for the pink bear (?) that Andrea picked up after his term deposit matured.  Writer didn’t get him to double back, specifically ask for it for no reason?  Dr Do got his without needing to ask. Andrea didn’t.  Long winter should finally be over by end of S1 hopefully.  Spring is beckoning.  Reward us with some FlowerGarden please Writer Nim, we have been VERY patient. :lol:

• LOL 1

Nahhh @nrllee Winter is coming has a nice ring to it. Maybe the writer is a GOTian too. LOL. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTucD8wnjQRFrg4K1LSo_N

Neither Songhwa nor Dr winter seem like the type to play with stuffed animals, I think that pink stuffed toy is going into PICU toy bin. Lol. 

• LOL 3

We’ll see, we’ll see @kokodus @Lawyerh :lol:.  PD dropped more hints in a recent interview saying that the instruments for the characters were already picked for them before they cast the actors/actress.  So I am banking on that being end game.  In a band, the drummer and the bassist are the rhythm section - they are closely entwined, they have to be in synch, they are a unit.  It’s not something that’s commonly known.  But people in band circles would know.  I went to a band workshop once and that little tidbit was what surprised me...that’s why I remember it.  We’ll see what writer/PD have in store for us tonight.

Winter is coming...for the man who called her an angel and who asked her to “pick me”. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

23 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Neither Songhwa nor Dr winter seem like the type to play with stuffed animals, I think that pink stuffed toy is going into PICU toy bin. Lol. 

What do you mean? He is keeping the pink teddy bear for himself! :D

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Neither Songhwa nor Dr winter seem like the type to play with stuffed animals, I think that pink stuffed toy is going into PICU toy bin

It’s currently sitting in his private office (which he shares with JWan). So I am keeping an eye on it appearing elsewhere. 

PS I never liked stuffed animals either but when my bf gave me one...it was special. :lol:  And I kept it on my bed for a long time.  It’s the thought that counts.  

• Like 1

@kokodus ~ have watched bits and pieces of meteor garden and found it weirdly boring. but still a huge improvement on the original jmovie which was both bad and weird in all sorts of ways. think there is even supposed to be an anime version of this story...  anyways, because of meteor garden, thought these guys were bad actors but then changed my mind about vaness wu when I saw him in autumn concerto..  have you seen that drama? my is it sticky! they really made the amnesia plot so intriguing and it has such a cute kid actor...

• LOL 2

@Lawyerh ~ depressing? it was melo in bits but had lots of abs, kisses, romantic scenes and a happy ending. so romantic melo perhaps? kekeke....

finished first season of miss scarlet and duke and was totally squealing. no kiss, barely a glance and lots of arguing and hilarious banter. and he is taking her out to dinner in the ending! squeal! :wub:

loved the random shipping from exasperated side characters

the coroner: "your wife came in here and let me tell you she is annoying..."

male lead with great abs and shoulders: "eliza? she's not my wife!"

coroner: "your cousin then"

male lead who actually shows off his abs even though it is period drama: "she's not my cousin either"... :lol:

1*MjMdwlf-b5ppqsSbExcPqA.jpeg

• LOL 4