Add and Subtract Game

Admin

10 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

i think i saw you before in Find Me your Memory. But I've stopped watching them now. How you find the Hospital Playlist? It's one of my fav now.

I can't say Hospital Playlist is among my favorites [I usually reserve my judgement till a show is completed], but it was certainly a enjoying watch. Though I find it a bit hard to emotionally relatable to the fab5; maybe they are too perfect being social elites and everything, maybe their friendship is a bit utopian [no matter if SHwa will end up with any of them]. There are some friendships in other dramas I liked more, eg. Gong Yoo And Lee Dong Wook, since you can tell they really could become very good friends off-screen. For now although you can tell the fab5 are having a good time BTS, the chemistry is still not quite there yet.

11 hours ago, partyon said:

Second question: is that Leni Riefenstahl in your DP?

The photo was taken in Germany during 1940s but the history context and the identity of the lady is unknown. I liked the photo since it shows a woman making a film, which was rare at that time.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

15 hours ago, staygold said:

WMLB? 

When My Love Blooms ..

one of those romantic melodramas filled with angst....no idea why I keep watching them.

Mood of the Day...cheesy but so good.  IRL if someone hit on me like that , I'd probably try and change seats. :lol:

1 hour ago, triplem said:

When My Love Blooms ..

one of those romantic melodramas filled with angst....no idea why I keep watching them.

Mood of the Day...cheesy but so good.  IRL if someone hit on me like that , I'd probably try and change seats. :lol:

from what I have seen, you are into romantic melos where everything is super slow and affairs dramas where no one gets slapped.

me: am all for watching dramas with affairs as long it includes birth secret, revenge, name change, slaps, insults and characters that have all portions of their brain missing. love it! ^_^ none of these artsy affair dramas! :P

• LOL 3

3 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Number ah.. lmangla 720, yours suddenly become 710... haha not that it matters... i must be so bored with my life :lol:

@Lawyerh You're starting to sound like me.... :D

50 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

me: am all for watching dramas with affairs as long it includes birth secret, revenge, name change, slaps, insults and characters that have all portions of their brain missing. love it! ^_^ none of these artsy affair dramas! :P

That's why you need to watch Something Happened in Bali ! I'm now on ep 10, and there have been slaps, insults, an abusive father, terrible mother-in-law, tears (especially by one of the MLs) and makjang to no end. :D Now the ML is to get married to a lady he doesn't like, but he will ask the FL to move into another apartment where he can keep her as his lover. Twisted - I love it!!!! :D  

@kokodus @Lmangla @Lawyerh Lee Soo Hyuk has still not appeared shirtless in his new drama Born Again. I asked on the thread. :D They will inform me when his abs appear. :D

• LOL 3

had posted this in another drama thread.. and thought I would share it here:

<<so just as a public service announcement since my work is in something related to financial services:- the current chat is on how this health crisis and resulting economic fallout has shown the importance of emergency/contigency fund. before, financial advisors in my place would suggest keeping 3-6 months of expenses as emergency. now the thought is we might need to think farther and consider keeping 6-12 month expenses as emergency fund. Just some food for thought.>>

• Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Even if it looks like YYS? Serious? :lol:

I was going to ask the same!!! but in real life even YYS wud come across creepy if he used those moves! :D

As of now I am staying away from WMLB. :sweatingbullets: I might not be able to handle the angst! One world of the married couple is enough!!

• LOL 2

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

3 hours ago, partyon said:

That's why you need to watch Something Happened in Bali ! I'm now on ep 10, and there have been slaps, insults, an abusive father, terrible mother-in-law, tears (especially by one of the MLs) and makjang to no end. :D Now the ML is to get married to a lady he doesn't like, but he will ask the FL to move into another apartment where he can keep her as his lover. Twisted - I love it!!!! :D  

My typical childhood drama where I watched it with my mom, a bunch of aunties and my grandma.....:sweat_smile:

@staygold

I wanna watch The World of Married but prefer to binge it in one go....I am waiting for it to done airing....

• LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, cenching said:

My typical childhood drama where I watched it with my mom, a bunch of aunties and my grandma.....

I think half the fun of these type of drams is the hilarious comments especially when you are watching with a wide variety of ages. there are so many romance dramas/movies that have been ruined when some aunty will say "thats a bad match actually; she should dump him because...." and then you look at it and think "omo, he is indeed a bad match! why was I distracted by his looks?" ^_^

• LOL 5

11 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

I think half the fun of these type of drams is the hilarious comments especially when you are watching with a wide variety of ages. there are so many romance dramas/movies that have been ruined when some aunty will say "thats a bad match actually; she should dump him because...." and then you look at it and think "omo, he is indeed a bad match! why was I distracted by his looks?" ^_^

Well, I was too young to admired a man's good looks at that time....:joy: So I was completely fine with all of those chattering around me...But a person who was a completely Debby Downer if watching something together was my Dad....:sweat_smile: He will reprimanded me if I said the girl isn't pretty.....:skull:

• LOL 5

35 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

OMG, I feel like I am that aunty....!!!! :D  That's why I was an outcast in the What's Wrong With Secretary Kim thread. I was like "c'mon, this guy is a total narcissist and he can't change - the girl should run -- just take off your high heels and you can run faster". Also happened in the Feel Good to Die thread - @Lawyerh can attest to that :D 

• LOL 4

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

from what I have seen, you are into romantic melos where everything is super slow and affairs dramas where no one gets slapped.

I cannot deny this...I love the romanticism of dangerous things :mrgreen:....it is nice to watch when things are not clear cut....

5 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Even if it looks like YYS? Serious? :lol:

But I won't have that kind of luck to have someone like YYS sit next to me on the train...I have low trust levels IRL...I am afraid of being scammed :lol:...the first thing I'll probably think of is that he must be trying to cheat me of some money.

5 minutes ago, partyon said:

What's Wrong Secretary Kim

dropped it at eps 4 or 5  :lol:

22 minutes ago, partyon said:

OMG, I feel like I am that aunty....!!!! :D  That's why I was an outcast in the What's Wrong With Secretary Kim thread. I was like "c'mon, this guy is a total narcissist and he can't change - the girl should run -- just take off your high heels and you can run faster". Also happened in the Feel Good to Die thread - @Lawyerh can attest to that :D 

if it makes you feel better, I have been that aunty in threads. there was one drama where I actively wished they broke up because I thought she was horrible toxic person and I was annoyed that she didn't apologize or acknowledge the wrong she did. 

it is why I watch daily and weekend dramas more. I can always ignore the leads if I dislike them and just watch the other characters. plus, there will be always be one sane character to point out the obvious -- :lol:

poor omma: "she tried to kill you and you want me to accept her? what's wrong with you? did you hit your head while she tried to drown herself and you?"

dense male lead: "but it wasn't attempted murder. she was just depressed and wanted to kill herself."

poor omma: "in that case, why did she drag you into the lake as well? she could have killed herself alone!"

dense male lead: "omma, how can you say that? we are thunderbolt lovers. we fell on top of each other while escaping the truck of doom and our brains are no longer functioning. don't you see, it is love!"

poor omma: "love, my foot! people can live without such love. you are just stupid. let me get my jug of water and dump it on you..."

• LOL 4

36 minutes ago, triplem said:

dropped it at eps 4 or 5  :lol:

Why did you drop What's Wrong With Secretary Kim? Same reason? Narcissist ML?

16 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

if it makes you feel better, I have been that aunty in threads. there was one drama where I actively wished they broke up because I thought she was horrible toxic person and I was annoyed that she didn't apologize or acknowledge the wrong she did.

I think it comes with age... :lol: Sorry to say! More experience, more demands on men.... It's not enough for the man to be handsome only. He needs to have a good personality, know how to cook, show his emotions, be able to listen to you, like your mother, have a stable income, like to clean, leave the toilet seat down, etc.

So much stress to find a suitable Male Lead (ML) nowadays! :lol:

• LOL 3