Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@Dhakra I really like what you say about fangirls lol. Well, I try to be wise and see the faults of the characters, but sometimes their good acting makes me feel sorry for them, because they try to portray the human side of the villain. That's why I focus on their face expressios, tone of voice, theatrical acting etc etc. And really I don't usually like brainless handsome actors. If the actor is good-looking only, I won't waste my time watching him. But I don't mind if he is both talented and handsome :D 

• Like 3

+2

35 minutes ago, triplem said:

@Dhakra saw about 15 mins of 1st eps last night, before I had to stop. Had to finish some work. Will continue today.

Mhm, please tell me when you watched more and give me a brief overview about your opinion. I would like to know if the drama is in my alley.

24 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@Dhakra I really like what you say about fangirls lol. Well, I try to be wise and see the faults of the characters, but sometimes their good acting makes me feel sorry for them, because they try to portray the human side of the villain. That's why I focus on their face expressios, tone of voice, theatrical acting etc etc. And really I don't usually like brainless handsome actors. If the actor is good-looking only, I won't waste my time watching him. But I don't mind if he is both talented and handsome :D 

Thank you. ^_^ I appreciate it. 

I actually think playing a good villain is harder than playing the good guy. I would even say that truly hating the villain is some kidn of appreciation. @triplemRemember Mo Tae-Goo from Voice? He was so good as villain. 

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

I don’t know why there is so much “comedy” written into Suzy’s character?  I desperately want to take her seriously (because let’s face it, she’s an agent and she is in life/death scenarios regularly - in the Vagabond world anyway), having her drunk kiss a colleague SSR (is he her superior?) and talk condescendingly to LSG’s character is just making me think she should just stick to a desk job and leave all the action in the field to LSG.  It’s not coming across as endearing if that’s what the writer wanted the audience to feel.  She’s coming across as ditzy?  So I can’t buy it now that she will magically move from that to super agent Lara Croft in the matter of 1-2 episodes.  She doesn’t possess the instincts necessary to survive long term out in the field.  The fact that she’s had assassination attempts on her should heighten her senses so she’s continually watching her back like LSG is now.  But instead she’s swanning around the airport like she owns it.  :huh:

I am also lamenting the way her character is written... Ditzy is an apt word to describe her character. Don’t know why the writer don’t just stick to making everyone written as serious characters and make the whole story a proper “heavy-weight” one. At least that’s the impression I got from the trailers all these time, that this is a serious drama. Some said it’s to leave room for her character growth. Let’s see... 

• Love 2

+2

15 hours ago, nrllee said:

For some reason I don’t recall SWDBS being this cheesy...but maybe I was in the mood for that then.

Melting Me thus far is just overkill for me... bar that one brief tender moment he shared with WJA when their eyes met and they spoke wordlessly.  So in spite of me wanting to watch JCW again after his hiatus in the army, I think I will have to give this a miss like you suggested.  A bit too much cheese.

You mean crying at a closed door, miraculously getting your power back, throwing a bomb into the air, who initially was so scary, but then turns into firework while both kiss each other wasn't cheesy enough for you?

Can you imagine how much text went into this rant back then? :D 

Not to forget all these horrible Romeo & Juliet scenes?

Well, that an interesting read about Melting Me. Is it really so bad? Sounds like I should give it a pass aswell. I'm allergic to cheesy stuff.

I read a bit about Vagabond and the premise sounds kinda interesting. Is it not that good?

15 hours ago, nrllee said:

having her drunk kiss a colleague SSR (is he her superior?) and talk condescendingly to LSG’s character

Omg, I see. Yeah, that doesn't give her any credibilty. It doesn't make her character believable. Kinda reminds me of Nana as the female cop from "Kill it".

@ktcjdrama I just watched first 10min of Just Between Lovers with WJA and I love it already. Thanks for the recommendation  :wub:.

:lol: @Dhakra see I don’t remember any of that...so it’s just proof that I left my brain at the door when I watched it.  I have a feeling because there was that fantasy element in it, I didn’t expect logic.  Melting Me Softly because it has cryogenics (which has some science behind it), I expected more... and sadly... it’s just all slapstick.  I mean the whole 1st Ep was just that... relentless... so I am going to have to bail.

Not to forget all these horrible Romeo & Juliet scenes?

Now that you mentioned it...writer employs same ploy in Ep2 of MMS... cowboy and pregnant wife (?) on a plane enroute to Arizona...to grow cactus (?) and ride camels :lol:

Give Vagabond a go and let me know what you think.  The production flaws and weak writing killed it for me.  So I am bailing on that too.  :lol:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, nrllee said:

:lol: @Dhakra see I don’t remember any of that...so it’s just proof that I left my brain at the door when I watched it.  I have a feeling because there was that fantasy element in it, I didn’t expect logic.  Melting Me Softly because it has cryogenics (which has some science behind it), I expected more... and sadly... it’s just all slapstick.  I mean the whole 1st Ep was just that... relentless... so I am going to have to bail.

Now that you mentioned it...writer employs same ploy in Ep2 of MMS... cowboy and pregnant wife (?) on a plane enroute to Arizona...to grow cactus (?) and ride camels :lol:

Give Vagabond a go and let me know what you think.  The production flaws and weak writing killed it for me.  So I am bailing on that too.  :lol:

Leaving your brain at the door was probably the only way to watch it. 

Even fantasy has limits, just remember that weirld old book and her grandma. Gosh, talking about DBS makes me want to go on another rampage again.

Mhm, well, so what we sadly expected become ultimatively true. What a waste of JCW.

51 minutes ago, staygold said:

Dont touch vagabond @Dhakra unless you r looking for mindless action. There is no logic as of now in the script.

Oh, wow. That is one clear statement. "Mindless action"? Okay, seems like another drama I let slide. Sigh....nothing good crosses my eyes these days.

19 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

You can finish Kill It.. I think u can do Vagabond :joy: No? Suzy also pretty, shd be comparable to Nana? For me its better than Kill It tho... 

I honestly don't know why I finished Kill it. Probably because I had high hopes and hoped at one point the drama could live up to them. But I guess it was mostly because of the second lead.....her story was interesting......sadly they crushed her storyline into trivia. 

I actually liked Suzy during WYWS, she's a beauty. 

Honestly Nana's role was horrible during Kill it. She introduced her as flawless, elite agent and the first things she does is failing on all levels. She needed constant protection and could handle herself even once. It feels like the writers always have this great idea of introducing a strong woman, so badass, that it makes the male lead kind of redundant. And then during the first scene......they think "Aww....screw it.....yo.....get the male lead......he has to save her........again.....it makes her look vulnerable and.....it hints at a loveline......the crowd will luuuuuuv it"

18 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

strangers from hell..honestly this drama is a place for dark minded individuals to gather :naughty:

So you thought to yourself: "Let recommend Dhakra a drama......."

18 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

Just watching the lead change from the stress of others..this series have no female lead.

.....and then that?? Do you have some sort of bet going on and you bet against yourself? :D 

Before I go and do a bit of research....is it your usual type of dramas you watch? Not offensive......but.....well...let's say I know you

rBVaSlqqE1qAWAWVAAIgCOMS5aY972.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWSKOcZDL-2tLMzGG3PUa8_REV6dfN34B31XrmnU3wd1r2Pwv7WQgiphy.gif

I'm a little late as usual in responding to some earlier posts I was tagged in been busy following the rainbow road while waiting for that perfect bubble to come along.  While clicking my ruby red slippers together repeating

" There's no place like home ".

Because I am thankful it doesn't take fantasy to know it's true.

When all of a sudden a sparkling unicorn appears and allows me to return to my boring but yet magical personality LOL...:P

Fireworks can be enjoyed from afar watching my chosen siblings discuss and throw their cookies and swords with passion at one another. No tagging needed. For they and you know who they are. Yet what also starts out as words of sharing can like on any thread or in any family reality quickly becomes heated and thus hurtful.  It can seem exciting for the moment until the words and after thoughts seep into what was written and in your mind lingers in rereading what was said...

You may not agree with each others thoughts, ideas or choices but you should always kindly respect that it's a reflection of each other and whom you each are and how you feel.  No matter what kind of entertainer, ship, or drama anyone may choose to follow, believe in or watch it's personal and to them worth defending.  It's not always what you say but instead how it is that you say it even in words. Sometimes it's placing your own belief or hopes in something, someone or even the chemistry that is felt in a couple. 

The reasons are far and wide and as many as the countless stars up above.

For each one, like each person is beautiful and unique...

It would be a boring world if everyone was the same that much is true.  In fact a few days ago I heard that UCLA is starting a Kindness Institute, imagine that.  We humans can't even be kind on our own. Yet if you take a good look around there is simply no chance what so ever of those who want or believe in fluff, happy endings, fairy tales, dreams or even kindness to take over this world...

Still I proudly agree with a man called Disney, what's wrong with placing a little magic in your life.

Often when you and others need it most.

When I think to myself of Cupid, Leprechauns, the Great Pumpkin, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and even Santa Claus. Where ever you live you most likely have your own. I'm thankful for all those stories, characters, and moments that made my life anything but boring...

If pampering means rescuing those who are often attacked for what ever reasons.

Hoping your words can somehow comfort and reach out in reminding them no matter who it is they are not alone.

Most of all in hoping that no one ever feels their thoughts or opinions are as nothing. 

Then I pray, I am one of those...

:heart:-2

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

+2

@SushimiDidn't you already try to make me watch that? I felt I read it before.

7 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

I'm a little late as usual in responding to some earlier posts I was tagged in been busy following the rainbow road while waiting for that perfect bubble to come along.  While clicking my ruby red slippers together repeating

" There's no place like home ".

Because I am thankful it doesn't take fantasy to know it's true.

When all of a sudden a sparkling unicorn appears and allows me to return to my boring but yet magical personality LOL...:P

And that's why I :heart: you. :D There can only be one farming princess. And I never said boring personality :P Just that it would be boring if anyone had the same personality. The mixture of different people is what makes things interesting.

Imagine me and @kokodus being overly nice to each other all day...........:tired:

+2

The new album of Super Junior has 10 different versions. That's pure insanity. Poor girls who are collecting them. Sometimes they really go too far.

@SushimiAh was it that weird schoolclass drama or something?

10 hours ago, angelangie said:

so there this story.....the mother force the son to marry the girl cause the grandparent give this adopted girl (XiaXia) all their shares in the company and after that the mother still continue to hate the girl cause she is a nobody and didnt think that XiaXia could very well match up to her bloody high up son.....

force them to divorce and slowly one by one they uncover the truth to XiaXia extraordinary background lols....not only is her dad a bloody rich typhoon, the grandfather is a mayor......and on top of that....the mother that disappear 26 years ago....married one of the richest guy in US hahahaha....

What an extaordinary background....I wonder if I might secretly have one like that too :phew:

*runs to ask father if he is a secretly rich tycoon*

btw. you wrote typhoon but I think you mean tycoon. :sweat_smile:

+2

• LOL 5

4 hours ago, Sushimi said:

@nohamahamoud2002 the horror factor for SFH is pretty much not there in the entirety of the story. Do recommend you to complete it. :) 

@nrllee are you watching SFH

I might jump to ep. 8 

You say alter ego?

I remembered Johnny Depp in Secret window :D

But a better one, Jim Carrey in Me myself and Irene :mrgreen:

• Like 2