Add and Subtract Game

Admin

12 hours ago, sushilicious said:

Okay, so September is here and I will be doing the birthday post!

This month’s theme is on: “I sob my eyes out for you” 

So what drama and or scene made you sob like there is no tomorrow? Do share with us about it!

@Lawyerh @Ameera Ali @triplem @cenching @ktcjdrama @USAFarmgirl @Dhakra @staygold @mouse007 @lynne22 @angelangie @Lmangla @Sarang21 @Heidi Seow @nohamahamoud2002 @jaydendoji @nrllee @Sejabin @refuse2sink

@sushilicious I don't like dramas with sad endings or anything that makes me sad. That's why I love spoilers-I MUST know there's a feel good happy ending. But I do love dramas/variety shows that make me laugh till I cry-"Knowing Brothers" and the first few seasons of the C variety "Go Fighting" . 

In my school days I used to run for my year for the 100m sprint and oddly enough when I see athletes like in the Olympics win, I tear up cos I know how hard it must have been for them to train and live up to everyone's expectations.

Happy Birthday to all the September Babies !!! My elder son also is a September baby so September is special to me. :kiss_wink:

• Like 4

14 hours ago, sushilicious said:

So what drama and or scene made you sob like there is no tomorrow? Do share with us about it!

@Lawyerh @Ameera Ali @triplem @cenching @ktcjdrama @USAFarmgirl @Dhakra @staygold @mouse007 @lynne22 @angelangie @Lmangla @Sarang21 @Heidi Seow @nohamahamoud2002 @jaydendoji @nrllee @Sejabin @refuse2sink

This  western movie never fails to make me  cry  : a walk to remember...it´s about the love story of a bad boy and a girl who has leukemia

gettyimages-159826639.jpg?itok=XhB4HUlU%

I really loved this japanese movie...it has a happy ending but the story was so emotional...I would recommend it to anyone:

Bride for 8 Years - Hisashi and Mai are set to have their wedding ceremony in 3 months, but Mai falls ill and lapses into a coma. Hisashi does not give up on his fiance and prays for her recovery. Finally, Mai wakes up, but she doesn't have any memory of Hisashi. ~~ Based on the true story of Hisashi and Mai Nakahara

D2nVyc.jpg

As for Korean dramas...there isn´t much except for Goblin and Secret (Jisung) and Kill me heal me

There might have been more but since I have been avoiding sad stories for such a long time...I can´t remember :joy:

+2

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

feel so happy when you finally find dramas that hook you. @Sarang21 ~ have you seen leke? there only seems to be 9 episodes? any idea if there is another season or something? will enjoy till whatever episode is there. when you are in a drama slump, you can't be picky! hahaha..

I haven´t seen that one. Is it fun?  But about your question: in Turkey there is a summer break for TV-shows...that starts around juli until then end of august. Since the last episode of this one was in June. it must have gone into summer break too. some shows starts gain around mid september. But for this one I don´t know the specific date that it will start again.

+2

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

6 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

:bawling:When they all left...To me,Ahn Yona & Shin Se Gi leaving had me crying. My mum cried during perry park's leaving on to a vacation scene is sad. Hahaha.

KMHM had me go nuts for months.

I cried too when everyone left...I was so emotional during KMHM especially when he was starting to remember what happened during his childhood :bawling:

The KMHM thread was on fire and it was so much fun. I joined the soompi forum because of that drama.

• Like 1

my new way to find dramas. watch random fanmade mvs. if the chemistry looks fun, check out the drama. :D

@Sarang21 ~ so the dramas have a bit of break in between seasons. ah I see. yea, the drama is interesting so far. lets see. I have been randomly checking out dramas but many I have dropped as they didn't feel sticky.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Just now, Lmangla said:

my new way to find dramas. watch random fanmade mvs. if the chemistry looks fun, check out the drama. :D

LOL that´s what I do too...and Youtube make it so easy to fall into that fanmade mvs rabbit hole :joy:. But I only do this when I´m looking for chinese, thai or japanese dramas since ´m pretty up to date when it comes to Korean dramas . I think my k-drama adiction started that way over 10 years ago :lol:

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, sushilicious said:

@Sarang21 i watched KMHM...3 years after it was completed:sweatingbullets: Yeah...I was a naive HK drama watcher back then who did not realised how great the kdrama world is.

+2

Yes once you start you can never stop :joy:. I try to convince my other friends to start watching k-dramas too and so far I have managed to convince one :lol:

ps. I´m a september girl too :D

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

I watch the trailer, if the actors are good-looking and actresses acceptable  (not sick-skinned), in case of dailies, I watch 

When I watched the trailer of Home for summer, I was about to drop it because of the male lead.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiuEgdGg43F-KJ6-RG7Bbimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVA2oG49ljrKKQswdrWyk

:huh: no offense meant but he is a verrrrrry boring husband. I wondered what his first wife and later his mistress saw in him -_-

in mini-series I watch suspense, fantasy, comedy, horror, (noooo boring romance  pleasssssseeeee) lately romance makes either yawn or laugh, especially when it boring or ridiculous. I got used to drama that makes my hair go straight up from fear or make me cry from melodrama, otherwise I really get bored easily <_< 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

5 hours ago, sushilicious said:

@Sarang21 i watched KMHM...3 years after it was completed:sweatingbullets: Yeah...I was a naive HK drama watcher back then who did not realised how great the kdrama world is.

+2

I have a problem with Chinese drama, the tone of the language is so strange, until 2018, I  watched only Indian movies for six whole years and got used to the language, I even memorized many words just from listening. Then from 2018, I  switched to Korean and I can say that Korean is more familiar to me than Chinese. Korean alphabet is very easy to learn compared to Chinese and Japanese, also I am getting used to Korean grammar, but since I am learning by myself, I am progressing slowly in listening 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

On 9/1/2019 at 10:30 AM, sushilicious said:

So far I dont have drama or scene made me sob sob like no tomorrow. Personally dont really like sob story. :D 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, triplem said:

Not true . You recommended a number to me which I ended up liking so much that it became my all time favourites . Stranger is a good example :D

Oh yes!!!! Feels like ages ago!

Stranger from hell feels more like a thriller. But since the lead character has some mental trauma and also appears a bit submissive I feel later parts of the story will offer good psychological thrill.

+2

• Like 4
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, staygold said:

I am intrigued by the world they have created. It is unsettling, neurotic and there is a feeling that one cannot escape. (This line is part of the script. One of the character ask's Jung Woo if he feels like he is in a tunnel that he cannot get out off.) If you enjoy this then you will love it. It is something different for me after months of fluffy dramas.

Haven’t started watching but plan to.  Yeah I read one comment which said NOBODY’s normal :lol: in that gositel (?).  Only 10 episodes.  And PD is supposedly right in his element with this genre... I get the feeling it’s more like a Hitchcock type suspense thriller.  Where a lot is inferred which actually is a lot worse than visually shocking you.  Your mind can make inferences 1000x worse than reality.  :grimace:

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

lately romance makes either yawn or laugh, especially when it boring or ridiculous. I got used to drama that makes my hair go straight up from fear or make me cry from melodrama, otherwise I really get bored easily <_< 

kekeke... same here. if it is only romance, I lose interest. I need rich people to fight over inheritance, bad ajusshis plotting in the background, horrible ajummahs smirking and having verbal duels, the world need to come crashing down over the leads in all sorts of fashion for you to feel bad for them. just romance feels like you are just having desert without the main meal. how to enjoy without all of the good stuff? ^_^

P.S _ I think you would enjoy graceful family but I know you have problems with streaming. if you can, check it out.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1