[Drama 2022-2023] Witch's Game - 마녀의 게임 - Mon to Fri 8:50 - 9:30 KST

0ly40

8 hours ago, maribella said:

If HS is a doormat all the time, it is easy to write her off for many more episodes but she goes on that she's a mother, just like YK. A mother can do anything. Oh yeah? One time, she told off JH, then it was a poor JH look.....

Oh puhlease.

Maybe if the little girl died, HS would not only refuse to give YK her kidney, she could also stab YK, Ma, fake SY ...... :) 

The writer had pegged HS as ' she just cannot hate anyone'; YK about HS after stealing her daughter and HS offered to test her compatibility.

So I think we need to get used to it. :( 

Just kill her off that’s why I stop watching the show the writer have her on so she can be abuse every episode that why I go on here to see how the show progressing  thanks guys for watching this show keep FIGHTING 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Yazusa said:

Just kill her off that’s why I stop watching the show the writer have her on so she can be abuse every episode that why I go on here to see how the show progressing  thanks guys for watching this show keep FIGHTING 

:Megalol: I watched it because it is so drole so many times, I get a great laugh when I can see how hard the writer is trying, unsuccessfully.

This episode tries to show how strong, focused and pure HS is. IH did not want her innocence abused. The episode ends with her glaring at the hospital. So strong and steadfast. Then the preview showed her being slapped by fake SY. Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

• LOL 6

14 hours ago, maribella said:

If HS is a doormat all the time, it is easy to write her off for many more episodes but she goes on that she's a mother, just like YK. A mother can do anything. Oh yeah? One time, she told off JH, then it was a poor JH look.....

Oh puhlease.

Maybe if the little girl died, HS would not only refuse to give YK her kidney, she could also stab YK, Ma, fake SY ...... :) 

The writer had pegged HS as ' she just cannot hate anyone'; YK about HS after stealing her daughter and HS offered to test her compatibility.

So I think we need to get used to it. :( 

the writer is really all over the place. in the beginning, they showed hyesoo fighting for the rights of janitors... never mind how later, she somehow became a designer... if she can fight at work, why can't she fight for herself? so the writing has lots of discrepancies. the writer seems to have wanted to show someone who is so strong that she cheerfully faces all her problems.

however, what comes across is very different. 'she just cannot hate anyone' is basically a desperate people pleaser. such people exist in real life. they are nice people and help out. however, their need to please and be always liked means they have no boundaries. people either take them for granted or walk all over them. it is hard to feel sorry for them though. 

it is important that people know there are boundaries. so even if the FL is helping out after a relationship breakdown, show anger and frustration while helping out. okay to help out because of family/friend ties which were important to the FL but it is good to show the FL does have reservations because of previous negative incidents. then the other characters know there are boundaries and they can't just use and drop the FL when they feel like it. 

it is not like we haven't see these kind of FLs before in other dramas but this actress does not have the emotional range to convey the kind of internal frustration and anger. so her putting a cheerful face and gleefully embracing everyone makes her look like a serious fool. if you don't value yourself, why should someone else value you? 

so am not surprised that this drama has modest ratings. am watching it for all the villains and the grey characters. they are more interesting. instead, fastforward hyesoo scenes quite a bit. 

• Blob 2

SJ and her tricks, got herself pregnant to avoid taking the test knowing very well the outcome

of the  test. God seems to be on her side this time.

Finally, the high & mighty SJ kneel & beg HS for help , is she sincere, nope to me.

She is always up to her sleeves....

What is wrong with HS brain,still insist of donating her kidney to SYG..I'm speechless

:headbang:

Now my only hope if IH can change HS  mind from donating her kidney.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

so am not surprised that this drama has modest ratings. am watching it for all the villains and the grey characters. they are more interesting. instead, fastforward hyesoo scenes quite a bit. 

Chingu you fast-forward Hye-soo's scenes a bit? I don't even let them play! I'm way more interested in Yoo-kyung, Se-young, and Ma. I'm even rooting for Se-young. The writer is seriously doing something wrong if the audience collectively hates the "FL's" guts. I put FL in quotations, because, again... YK is the FL here, not the lame-brain HS.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

frustration and anger. so her putting a cheerful face and gleefully embracing everyone makes her look like a serious fool. if you don't value yourself, why should

It makes her insensitive. Water off the duck's back is fine if the abuser does not matter. The main characters are treating her like rubbish, all, maybe not Prosecutor Joo but he will soon.

She's lost her aunt, JH is marrying a snake and her child is living in the vipers' pit, so what if the transfer botched up or her remaining kidney gets damaged, what will happen to her child?  She trusts JH will take care of her. Whose side will he take, between SY and her kid? In Gold mask, the mother was even more abject most of the time. But she was very consistently protective where her son was concerned, HS is yes @Lmangla all over the place.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chococarmela said:

I'm even rooting for Se-young

Me too lmao. SY as a character is more appealing than HS - at least she has all the emotions that we somehow can relate in real life. 

Another thing of this drama that keeps me going is the dynamic of SY and JH's relationship. It's not simply the story of a poor guy going after a rich girl only for her background but there's love involved. At first it reminds of the promise where the SML marries the SFL not only because he craves for her wealth but also because he has feelings for her. But this somehow is shown more clearly in the witch's game with JH repeatedly saying he loves SY and still not giving on her knowing her bad sides. 

The (incoming) love story of IH and HS does not sound attractive to me, largely due to HS's lame character. It's also too predictable, and when it comes we'll probably focus our attention on HS's revenge instead.

I can’t with HS… how much more pain is she going to endure before going all out revenge mode? I thought that after losing custody of HB, she would turn a corner, but nothing. She continues on the same path and converses amicably with the very people who wronged her.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Lmangla @maribella what they teaching us , IS OKAY TO BE DOORMAT :sweat_smile:

-she couldn’t say No for 24 hours lol 

Besides, I wonder why this arc of narration? it was useless, I thought that YK will at least have suspicions that SY is not her daughter, but nothing, they wanted to talk about adoption for HS when she is already an adult but nothing, i don't think she will get her daughter again by them
I don't think she'll say yes to Inha, well I hope to be surprised

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

YK completely ignoring her instincts related to why she felt a certain way about HS will bite her. YK is willing to harm and use anyone in her revenge and to protect her daughter. The only problem is she has been protecting a fake and she has harmed her real daughter for that fake for years. YK is well aware of how SY felt about HS and how jealous she was of HS. YK has watched SY try to kill and harm HS on two or more occasions. SY's irrational jealousy of HS is really something to think about but YK never did. Everything that YK has recently done has been to protect SY who she sees as her daughter. YK knows SY is scheming and bad but she ignores it all even when evidence is put before her. Her main goal is to get SY out of the house and married before her husband finds out that SY is her real daughter. By the time she finds out that SY is a fake she will be sick with guilt and remorse. It will not stop her revenge because I see her still going after that even more so when she realizes what MA did and that SY knew as well and was part of the plot to keep her real daughter away. 

Spoiler

I do not expect YK to survive in the end. I feel like the kidney may fail on her simply because YK will be living in guilt and remorse after finding out she harmed her own daughter and granddaughter for her revenge plans and for a fake daughter. Yes, YK is a grey character but she also seems to be very two faced to me at least concerning HS. She has felt close to HS since she first met her but not once did she think to recheck dna to verify why she felt that way. Once she found fake she completely accepted that SY was the missing Miso and let it go. No matter how many times she has watched SY's irrational melt downs and tantrums over HS she never thought to ask why to herself. SY has everything but yet she has to harm HS time and time again. Just like in the last episode she was telling JH to make HS donate/accept the adoption (so she can donate) but then when talking to HS she acts like she wants HS to run away and is sorry to her admitting that she stole HS man for SY, her daughter for SY and now needs her kidney and who she knows her family will come for since they are desperate to keep her alive. YK plays with HS's goodness and care of her in my opinion and all of this will come back to her when she finds out the truth about HS. YK says that she would not want her daughter to have to donate to her but she is willing to take the kidney of someone who has already paid back her grace of support over the years. YK says she owes HS for saving her life from that fire but really she has not done much to pay it back and now HS is going to give a kidney to save her.

The above is why I say once YK finds out who HS really is we should be prepared to see her on her knees beating her chest and crying her heart out. All the clues were in front of her all along and she ignored them and supported a fake especially when she thinks back to SY's behavior concerning HS and her question about if she was not her real daughter or when she thinks back to being told that SY faked her accident that she refused to believe was true. YK will realize she burned her own bridges with her real daughter and the only tie will be revenge. 

I read somewhere that HS will find out that YK is her mom and be mad. You can not blame her because HS always thought she was abandoned by her mother. When she met YK as a kid she felt close to her and felt she was her mom but because of SY she had to let that thought go and then saved YK/SY and left. HS saw YK as a mother figure and cared about her. It was only when she allowed SY to have JH and then her kid that she realized that YK is only for SY as YK told her. Everyone is down on HS for being foolish and donating but HS will give this last grace to YK who she felt cared about her even though she knows that YK only cares about SY. For HS I bet this is her paying back to YK for all her care over the years (although I can't see where YK really did anything for HS) also its YK's only hope to live and HS is a kind person even though she is a doormat. Also given how everyone is coming to her about adoption just to get her kidney she knows that if she does not do it this way someone will find away to get it I bet. But ultimately its about her on conscience.

Once HS finds out about YK being her real mom I can see the anger because YK did all those things and she even gave a kidney and YK could not recognize her own daughter and protected a fake over and over again. We will see a different side of HS later and those who know her will be shocked.

One thing I can't understand is minion prolly was the one who wrote a letter to YK to say Miso was still alive since he was the one who was suppose to kill her in the fire. So why did he not tell YK that Ma got her hands on that dna report first? If he had I think that YK would have been smart enough to do another test. (Frankly you should always do about ten test at different centers just in case someone can get their hands on the test and change it.) YK changed JH's test results why would she never think it had been done to her as well? Minion really let her down. He is proactive to go about killing IH's father when he didn't need to why could he not think far enough to get another dna test on the sly after being found out by Ma back then? Also I can't see him truly messing with the screening for HS because he would never want YK to die without getting her kidney. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

17 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Chingu you fast-forward Hye-soo's scenes a bit? I don't even let them play! I'm way more interested in Yoo-kyung, Se-young, and Ma. I'm even rooting for Se-young. The writer is seriously doing something wrong if the audience collectively hates the "FL's" guts. I put FL in quotations, because, again... YK is the FL here, not the lame-brain HS.

@chococarmela  This drama main Female lead is YK.  this drama is revenge drama because of Cheongha Group CHairman Ma is  greedy and ambition.  In today's episode , we the viewers has shown us a side to YK that shows the stress of doing terrible things against one's nature. YK is scheming against Chairman Ma and it is taking a toll on her mentally and physically. I don't hate her because I understand why she is doing it . It is so sad that Chairman Ma still has so much control over her life and her daughter's life. If  Yk doesn't try to beat her at her ( chairman Ma) own game she will never be free until Chairman Ma deems her useless. 

@Ldy Gmerm  I agree YK has on blinders and put her trust on the wrong people. She will not live in the end.  Her guilt is already eaten at her because she has compormised her character. so much for her revenge. I  think when she found out her child was still a live, that was her turning point where she made the choice to go down the wrong path. Let's be honest, she had to have blinders on because  Once Chairman Ma figured out she had her real daughter in her live  HS was able to live a little bit longer. When Chairman Ma first took HS from her , she wanted  MI SO DEAD!!!!  So i think that for this drama to last have 120 episodes , YK would have to schemed  against Chairman Ma and keep commiting crimes to get where she is today. 

@LeftCoastOppa Hi 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

While all the plays and counter plays of the last 2 episodes have been fun to watch, the biggest question I have been left with is just who Secretary Ko is gonna go off on first - that mans spring just keeps getting wound tighter and tighter ... :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Hi right back @UnniSarah

Elmo Hello GIF by Sesame Street

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

This drama main Female lead is YK.  this drama is revenge drama because of Cheongha Group CHairman Ma is  greedy and ambition.

Really? Thank you for telling me that! I just assumed HS was the female lead because how many scenes she has. Too many.

4 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

In today's episode , we the viewers has shown us a side to YK that shows the stress of doing terrible things against one's nature. YK is scheming against Chairman Ma and it is taking a toll on her mentally and physically. I don't hate her because I understand why she is doing it .

I don't hate her either. In fact, I sympathize with her more than anyone else. Perhaps she was behind that car accident.

6 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

It is so sad that Chairman Ma still has so much control over her life and her daughter's life. If  Yk doesn't try to beat her at her ( chairman Ma) own game she will never be free until Chairman Ma deems her useless. 

I agree. I hope she's able to become the chairwoman of Cheonha Group and take over, as well as get revenge for all that's happened to her.

If you have a better understanding of the relationships @UnniSarah please explain it to me!

• Like 3

@chococarmela  To be honest this Chairman Ma and YK have a complex relationship. Someone here told YK is Chairman's Ma husband illegitimate daughter. I keep getting this major VIBE  that Chairman Ma hates YK but YK never seemed to have inkling of it. I find it weird she nver felt nothing but hatred for her.  YK doesn't act like she is iindebted to her like the other people working for her. She was always at the same level as the chairman before marrying her now husband.  Remember Ma couldn't get her to marry the prosecutor or keep YK marrying her first husband. Ma ordered a hit on her husband  and he died. YK had a good head on her shoulder until she lost her entire family. 

SO now that she got fake daughter, she is torn which in my opinion  is stupid but I know it is all for show. I am positive YK plans to pay for all her crimes at the end of the drama. Right now YK's mental state is chaotic, blurry and she is full of rage. She still hasn't gotten over her lost of her husband. I think she cares for her husband now and is alo racked with guilt over her marriage too.  In facts she hates what she has become but her hate for Chairman Ma is so STRONG that she actually go to far in her actions. 

• Like 4