Soompi Advent Calendar

partyon

So I had to look up "I Live Alone," to find which oppa and then it was easy to figure out from there which drama thread to look in. 

Spoiler

3 - kdramas and movies

70 - 2 - 68 - page number

What made me laugh this year... I rewatched some older sitcoms and have been rewatching Whose Line and some new episodes, so I've had good laughs from all of those.

Other than that, my dog can be pretty funny at times, too. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

Definitely didn't watch it.  

Spoiler

The clue about "I live alone" brought me to Penthouse first.  But it has Season 3.  So had to restart and finally found it. I will usually avoid this type of drama. 

Pg 68

What made you laugh this year? 

My main preference is RUN BTS.  It's their own variety show which anyone can watch on V-live. (you might need to login to see them on Weverse) 

To see them enjoying themselves  made us happy too. They even invited other famous people on their show like Chef Baek, Na PD etc.  

EsGALP2XYAEoA8u?format=jpg&name=small

330c988d34c24f2c8c8eb6fc0254e2bc.jpeg?s=

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

Dec 21:

Spoiler

3. kdrama & movies - Love (ft. Marriage & Divorce) p68  (70 - 2)

Another drama I didn't watch but based on the hints, it sounds teeth-gnashingly painful, so did I dodge a bullet? :D 

Ada Choi's antics in 王牌对王牌 Trump Card are always a source of hilarity... a good example of which is in this clip from S3, where she is in character as the evil empress from 甄嬛传 Empresses in the Palace. Unfortunately there are no English subs, but I think you get the gist even without it! :w00t: :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

That barf drama, hahaha! So popular that it made it big in another thread, LOL!

Spoiler

As we are nearing the end of 2021, we would love to hear what made you laugh this year?  Maybe it was a funny drama, your kids, your pet, something that happened at work?

Hmm, lots of things, hehehe. Nothing beats though the innocent yet no holds barred, in-your-face sarcasm of kids. :phew:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 3

hai there. :D also, clue up. thank you very much. let's check out the clues everyone. :D

Spoiler

Dec 21
Some would call this makjang, okay?
Watching this 2021 show is no child's play.
Many of us had meltdowns every week,
Getting a satisfying ending had never looked more bleak.
Six leads did their best with the script at hand,
but the ghost, mistresses and stepmom should have been banned.
A season 3? To that we say no thank you!
To give feedback to the writer, at least 70 people are standing in queue
Give me my time back for the 2 seasons I watched,
Seeing that "I Live Alone" oppa is not coming back, the writer may have this one botched...

the sweetness, 

Day 21 : page 68.  
k-dramas & movies.
Love (ft. Marriage & Divorce)

결혼작사 이혼작곡

December 21st

Welcome to the drama thread of a drama that produced heated discussions and feelings in 2021 due to its heavy makjang writing. Some of us viewers called it "Barf drama" because of its many vomit inducing scenes....Aigoo... 

There was cheating, there was pregnancy, there were nekkid ghosts, there were stepmoms seducing their stepsons, there were birth secrets - the works.

Season 2 ended like the video below. 
But despite of that, it also produced some laughs due to its nonsensical twists. 

As we are nearing the end of 2021, we would love to hear what made you laugh this year? Maybe it was a funny drama, your kids, your pet, something that happened at work?

Please comment on the event thread! 

SNL.gif

from my view, it's like, welcome to my world. makjang drama refers to a drama which goes way overboard, a ridiculous secret, right? :D makjang dramas that will take me on a roller coaster ride of emotions with first loves, being separated, blindness, having another fiancée, second leads and tragic love. for example, Stairway To Heaven drama (2003) everything about this classic series is dramatic, but the part that really makes it melodramatic has to be when Song Joo goes blind. I looked out my window so my family wouldn't see me crying. :D some tend to put in makjang drama scenes that shock the audience, some scenes are funny and satisfying to watch while some cringey, but I'm still crying. :D okay. back to Christmas, it's a time for fun, caring, togetherness, giving, all of those things and more. it's a fact that dogs love Christmas and we love making it special for them. :D I've to be careful about all those small plastic rings, turkey bones and others, they could be chewed and swallowed. I hope you and your pets all have a wonderful Christmas. :D

giphy-1.gif

tumblr-4368458f610d6fad7eca3cfd42a14634-

• Like 1
  • Love 5
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

Hi guys! I'm back today.

My grandma was in the hospital for a few days and we were all worried. She is back home and today is her 75th bday.

I found this answer quite easily considering the mods had a loooooot of work with this one.

Spoiler

barf drama, who can forget.

I watched a lot of studio C (previous group) which made me laugh.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
  • Blob 2

Thanks @partyon and @confusedheart for always tagging me to this Christmas event and all EOs :winkx:

I am busy with vaccinations yesterday.  

:heart: About Christmas gift or buy a gift for yourself.. This Christmas I only asked my hubby to buy me a handbag hahaha. It’s been a long time since I have bought any bag. Lol. I don’t want to buy any gift by myself. It’s hubby job to buy me any gift I want because of I already gave him his lifetime gifts and achievements : 2 sons who use his last name hahahaaaa :joy: He has to thank me forever LOL :joy: I am sorry hahahaaaa

HAPPY Tuesday my dearest soompiers. I will take a shower and go to salon again <3 gtg

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, Sunset said:

My grandma was in the hospital for a few days and we were all worried. She is back home and today is her 75th bday.

I hope she is doing better now. We wish her a speedy recovery.

Bear Hug GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

@larus I can relate to you. I am obsessed with wrist watches and never have enough.:D  Btw, this is so true for me.:lol:

Owns Five wrist watches still uses phone to tell time - Hipster Barista -  quickmeme

@madmad min  and  @itsmeash You guys are back!:dorakiss:

GIPHY's Most-Viewed GIFs of 2020. 2020… how do we even begin to describe… |  by GIPHY | Medium

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

kekkeke.. this barf drama was certainly memorable. @the_sweetroad ~ the drama was hilarious if you didn't take it serioulsy. 

so what made me laugh?

1. daily drama community -- they certainly have snark down plenty and we are generally laughing. in many of the prime dramas, you have to be careful about saying negative about the leads as fans might kill you. daily drama? -- you can make fun, hate the leads for the stupidity and laugh at the villains. you can shake your head and roll your eyes as much as you want at the insane plot turns.  if you are ever going through a drama slump, just start watching a daily drama. you will have company for 6 months and the dumber the drama, the more funnier it is to watch together. 

2. my cat -- :love:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

11 hours ago, itsmeash said:

rewatching Whose Line

We did that, too, earlier this year. Such a great show. :D

7 hours ago, liddi said:

Ada Choi's antics in 王牌对王牌 Trump Card are always a source of hilarity... a good example of which is in this clip from S3, where she is in character as the evil empress from 甄嬛传 Empresses in the Palace. Unfortunately there are no English subs, but I think you get the gist even without it! 

That was hilarious. Thanks for sharing!

4 hours ago, Sunset said:

I watched a lot of studio C (previous group) which made me laugh.

Happy birthday to your grandma and hope she feels better. :wub:

We love the original Studio C group, too. They're on our TV a LOT. :lol:

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Nothing beats though the innocent yet no holds barred, in-your-face sarcasm of kids. 

Yep. LOL.

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

the drama was hilarious if you didn't take it serioulsy. 

Sounds like it was quite the journey!

The funny thing is if I weren't on the Add and Subtract thread I wouldn't have had any idea what drama the clue referred to. As soon as I read Please, no Season 3 and that some actor wasn't coming back, I knew exactly what show it was. Hehehe. :lol: Nekkid ghosts, though. What.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

7 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

The funny thing is if I weren't on the Add and Subtract thread I wouldn't have had any idea what drama the clue referred to. As soon as I read Please, no Season 3 and that some actor wasn't coming back, I knew exactly what show it was. Hehehe.

Exactly. I don`t watch the genre and I was never interested to know what is going on but I still know stuff from all the discussion there. :w00t:

I am curious about the next clue. I will be missing the event. Kudos to all creative people from this event.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3

22 hours ago, itsmeash said:

Other than that, my dog can be pretty funny at times, too. 

OMG! Dogs are so funny sometimes. What breed do you have? :love:

Spa day!

Mud doggos, dog GIFs - Gifvif

20 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

I will usually avoid this type of drama. 

But why, chingu? :tears: Don't you like pulling out your hair in frustration wanting to throw your laptop out of the window. I know we did while watching it! :glasses:

15 hours ago, Sunset said:

I found this answer quite easily considering the mods had a loooooot of work with this one.

Yup, the thread had some heated discussions....

Mods:

on fire GIF

14 hours ago, Gumiho said:

This Christmas I only asked my hubby to buy me a handbag hahaha.

Ooh, handbag!!! :love: Hope you get the one you want. :kiss_wink:

11 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Nekkid ghosts, though. What.

Yes. Don't ask. It was too barf, chingu. Way too barf... We needed barf bags.

Basically @joccu @Lmangla @agenth @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @Ameera Ali and me the whole drama:

9163BEB9-7756-4A23-8E8D-77B32366497B.gif

cr. @Ameera Ali

Well done everybody for solving the clue!!!!!! Yay!

osLylVr.gif?noredirect

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

57 minutes ago, partyon said:

But why, chingu? :tears: Don't you like pulling out your hair in frustration wanting to throw your laptop out of the window. I know we did while watching it! 

Because it will turn me into

200.webp?cid=ecf05e474h3b9svcqlzhuftgppe

and I need the laptop to watch other dramas ... :hahah!:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Hello ~ we hope you're enjoying the wintery times. At least if you are cold, have some tea or cocoa? Or if you're in a warm climate, tune in to this jazz.

Have you ever seen snow? 

This is the theme for today's clue :D

Home Alone Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Love 5
  • Blob 1

Happy Wednesday and Happy Mother’s Day from my place :heart4:

@partyon I bought that handbag online when we played on the true false thread. Hahahaaa.. Now I am waiting for it. They said they have sent it from the last Saturday. I hope the handbag will be arrive before Christmas. It’s a pretty small handbag (20.3 cm width) with pink blush/nude color and the handkerchief on the handle/holder. You can see it if googling charles keith web. :blush:

@agenth I think it would be a rainy Christmas in my place because it’s been raining in here since the last week <3 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Found it!  Got to post this before I forget.

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg?width=789&height=444

2 hours ago, agenth said:

Have you ever seen snow? 

When my younger sister got some work to do in London, my other sister and I grabbed the chance to accompany her after she had done with her work.   It was the first time seeing the real snow. The cold air touching the cheeks ... the heavy jackets ...  the white scenery ...  We continued our journey to Paris on the train.  I remembered the comfort of drinking hot chocolate near the Eiffel Tower... 

Maybe for a special person...

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Won't lie, I knew nothing about this or that it was even a novel. lol. But after searching 'kdramas filmed in vancouver' on google, it was all easy to figure out from there.

Spoiler

3 - kdramas and movies

46 - page number

tree isn't decorated and i'm still thinking about possible presents... may have to fast deliver from amazon or something.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

Googled it. :P

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg?width=789&height=444

Or, if you don't celebrate Christmas, do you have any plans for special arts projects?

As of now no, cos I've been binge-watching a couple dramas whenever I can. :) Last project I did with the kiddos were paper dolls using kitchen towel cardboard tubes and brochures.

• Like 1
  • Love 4