Director: Park Ki-Ho

Writer: Jeong Hye-Won

Network: KBS2

Episodes: 

Release Date: February 15, 2021 --

Runtime: Monday - Friday 19:50

Language: Korean

Plot Synopsis

Go Eun-Zo (Lee So-Yeon) is a promising fashion designer. She wants to become a designer who makes people happy like her dead father. Due to her friends' betrayal, Go Eun-Zo loses everything. She vows revenge on those responsible for her tragedy.

Main Cast:

Lee So Yeon as Go Eun Jo / Hwang Ga Heun

Choi Yeo Jin as Oh Ha Ra

Kyung Sung Hwan as Cha Seon Hyeok

Lee Bo Hyun as Oh Ha Joon

Support Role

Jung Seung Ho as Go Sang Man [Eun Jo's father]

Kim Mi Ra as Bae Soon Jung [Eun Jo's mother]

Han Gi Yun as Go Eun Gyul [Eun Jo's brother]

Oh Mi Hee as Hwang Ji Na [Eun Jo's stepmother]

Lee Iyan as Wang Toong Jo [Ji Na's assistant]

Lee Da Hae as Joo Se Rin [Eun Jo's hometown friend]

Lee Hwang Ui as Oh Byung Gook [Ha Ra's father]

Kim Kyung Sook as Geum Eun Hwa [Ha Joon's stepmother]

Sun Woo Yong Nyeo as Han Yeong Ae

Jang Sun Yool as Cha Hoon [Ha Ra's son]

Lee Mi Young as Yoon Cho Shim [Seon Hyeok's mother]

Lee Hye Ran as Cha Bo Mi [Seon Hyeok's sister]

Kwon Oh Hyun as Joo Tae Shik [Se Rin's father]

Ahn Hee Sung as Na Wook Do [assistant of Se Rin's father]

Kim Ae Ran as Park Bong Sook [Housekeeper]

Hyun Seung Ho as Secretary Park

Seo Ji Won as Shin Deok Gyu

Source: Asianwiki | MyDramaList  | Dramawiki

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.

02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.

03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.

04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods.

05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 4

REALLY loved SH’s mom defending EJ’s mom. Didn’t like her at first but she’s really becoming one of my favorites. But EJ is quickly losing her purpose and is wavering hard with her original fiancée and her revenge is becoming shallower and shallower each episode :/ 

also what happened to the original thread?

• Like 8
  • Awesome 2

43 minutes ago, perfectmouse said:

REALLY loved SH’s mom defending EJ’s mom. Didn’t like her at first but she’s really becoming one of my favorites. But EJ is quickly losing her purpose and is wavering hard with her original fiancée and her revenge is becoming shallower and shallower each episode :/ 

also what happened to the original thread?

Technical glitch, I believe. Many other threads are gone too, but it seems 'they' are working on it.

I thought HR is the only big woman, must be 5'10", the Evil stepmum is also tall, the women at the restaurant look tiny. Uni oppa's mama is so funny.

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

Hey! We're back up and running - Thanks for initiating the temp thread @maribella :kiss_wink: 

2 hours ago, maribella said:

The last episode before the thread vanished ended with Disco oppa aiming a punch at Uni oppa. We have a lot of Uni oppa and EJ. I am dying to read what you think of the lovey dovey ex-couple. So here's this thread. It can be merged later I think.

Personally, I loved the last 3 episodes, and not just for the incredible Uni Oppa/Eun-Jo heart tugs. Lots going on -

The 2 biggest items falling in the latest episode - 1) Grinning Idiot has a recording of Se-Rin's/Ha-Ra's guilt in Eun-Jo's murder, 2) Miss M herself may have inadvertently gave away the store when she told DF Oppa about her fathers shoes.

Se-Rin -

- While she is still annoying in the extreme, I've enjoyed that instead of being treated to her repeated failures as a designer, the writer is using her character as story glue - look at all the scenes she made happen with simple phone calls or whispers to the right individual.  I will say that while I'm not surprised Se-Rin let her guilt slip, I am surprised it was Grinning Idiot who was the recipient. ... its interesting that in the drunken confession, Se-Rin actually came off as remorseful

New Mom -

- Now we know that Evil stepmom is definitely involved with her husbands demise, and Maybe DF Oppa's Dad.  Interesting that after catching Miss M wavering, she hasn't bothered to check up on current events. She has also gone from, Miss M must never know about her revenge, to Ill tell her later :rolleyes: ... oh, almost forgot - Even New Mom is powerless against the charming powers of the mighty Hoon! :lol:

HouseKeeper -

- So is she a double agent or triple agent now?:lol:  I just love that she's essentially a mercenary at this point ... Nice Ring!

DF Oppa -

- Okay, I admit it. This guy has won me over.  He is still way rough around the edges, but his tenacious, unapologetic, straight-forwardness has carried alot in the last 3 episodes - He still wont get Miss M, but I'm rooting for him now, so hopefully writer-nim will figure out a way to get him and my girl Bo-Mi into a few more scenes, and just let it roll :wub:

Additionally - I think DF Oppa is standing on the very edge of discovery - After Miss M let slip the story of her fathers shoes, DF Oppa should put it together in the next episode or two - maybe a Friday cliffhanger?   Consider - He knows how much she resembles Eun-jo (the pic) He knows she hates men for a previous betrayal - He has correctly deduced she was using him in tormenting Uni Oppa, and suspects she also loves him - He knows she was the crippled screaming woman at the hospital 4 years ago, when both Uni Oppa and Ha-Ra were there ... all he has to do is say "Could she be Eun-Jo?"  coincidence is one thing, but in this case he has all the pieces to put it together ...  Even after all the friction between himself and Uni Oppa, I'd really like it if it turns out to be DF Oppa that puts them back together again.

Uni Oppa -

- I'm liking the continued development of his character as a troubled and haunted man - Each time he is confronted by DF Oppa he doesn't fight back or protect himself. He is accepting what he believes is his punishment for what happened with Ha-Ra after Eun-Jo died - the scene in the restaurant with DF Oppa where he tell him that he has know idea what its like to have committed a sin against someone he loves, that was a great scene that sums up his situation perfectly - a man despite the futility in the action, is still seeking redemption.  Per preview, it looks like he has finally had enough of Ha-Ra, and will divorce her ... welcome back Lone Wolf

Ha-Ra -

- While she still deserves to die, I have to say that I loved her rooftop scene with Miss M - In stark contrast to her normal raging hysterics, she comes dressed in black, red nails,(sharpened was a nice touch), addressing Miss M calmly and casually as she choked the life out her  - Now thats the type of villainess I came to see!  - More please! 

The Dinner Four-Way - I absolutely LOVED this scene - it just kept upping the ante as first Ha-Ra shows up uninvited, then Miss M, then the surprise engagement announcement, the "I'll eat what i want to" slap back, Ha-Ra's grinning "it must be destiny" and then Miss M's positively wicked interrogation of Ha-Ra. Throw in a clearly starting to panic DF Oppa, and cap it with Miss M's after the fact "this meat is good" - MIC DROP!

mic drop GIF 

... and the scene in lobby after, when she walks up on a clearly troubled Uni Oppa, and silently in her mind tells him he's not guilty ... and then he turns as if hearing her :cry::heart:  

:heart2beat:

Moving forward - While Se-Rin's drunken admission is a reveal waiting to happen, at this point I can't see how it will leak. Grinning Idiot, doesn't travel in the circle of those looking for answers, so unless he tries to use it to blackmail someone, or the fake doc gets it out of him under hypnosis, I think the secret is safe ... at least for a little while.  With the warming of hearts between Uni Oppa & Eun-Jo, plus the reveal that Evil Stepmom is directly responsible for New Mom's husbands death, I think this will soon go from a "who is she really" revenge, to a corporate war revenge story.  We'll see -

Just keep sprinkling in, the ridiculous fashion choices, the hairpulling fights, the occasional fisticuffs, and maybe 1 or 2 more plastic sword fights and it'll be fine :lol:

• Like 4
  • Blob 5

30 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

plus the reveal that Evil Stepmom is directly responsible for New Mom's husbands death, I think this will soon go from a "who is she really" revenge, to a corporate war revenge story.  We'll see -

She killed Disco oppa's mum too when she was pregnant with the evil woman. That's why HR takes after her, a murderer. The way she trained HR to slap her friends made me wonder. Didn't they have parents?

I didn't see New mum revealing 'her' revenge, in the preview?

• Like 4
  • Blob 4

5 minutes ago, maribella said:

I didn't see New mum revealing 'her' revenge, in the preview?

No, but they're teasing at the idea - New Mom & DF Oppa's Dad meeting to discuss succession in the company - Its clear at least part of the plan is installing Miss M in a position of power, either directly or as a spouse to DF Oppa (that ain't happening)

• Like 9
  • Blob 2

• Lmangla changed the title to Miss Monte Cristo 2021 - [temp thread for daily drama]

thanks @maribella; chingus, feel free to use this as temp thread for discussion till admin can resolve tech  issue regarding the threads -- @msmy, @nohamahamoud2002, @tofumochu, @Emily Bett R, @youngae, @backstreetboysfan, @Abs_ triggered, @Ldy Gmerm, @youactlikeicare@UnniSarah@joccu, @foreverempress, .... (sorry if I missed tagging, these are the names I remember offhand. please tag others you can think of) 

re: @ferily

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

HR is really evil but I can't help admiring her. She prepared her talons before attacking EJ and would have choked her hurt her badly, if not to death. That was thoroughly well planned and executed. Now EJ, with the revenge,  hissed and made snide remarks, got herself buried, almost fried and now choked. HR should be physically injured as well. She is a bully and bullies are cowards.

EJ is HGH, daughter of HJN the corporate raider, she should do some butt-kicking. I was hoping, she would get back at HR with tooth and nail, but sadly she was too feminine, like her not so bright bio-mum.

In the preview, I think she says no about using HJ. So much for her revenge:spitswater:

• Like 7
  • Blob 3

TO be honest , I an not to thirlled when people are used only if they don't have morals in my eyes.

I think her not using HJ is the right thing because once he falls deeply in love with her, he will be hurt for being used.  HJ isn't a bad guy but he loves his father. Due to him loving his father, he will cover up HR's crimes and his stepmother's crimes. WHY ??? because he loves his father

Thank you @Lmangla for mentioning me. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

57 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

TO be honest , I an not to thirlled when people are used only if they don't have morals in my eyes.

I think her not using HJ is the right thing because once he falls deeply in love with her, he will be hurt for being used.  HJ isn't a bad guy but he loves his father. Due to him loving his father, he will cover up HR's crimes and his stepmother's crimes. WHY ??? because he loves his father

Thank you @Lmangla for mentioning me. 

I don't like using people in real life either. But then I don't like revenge in real life, so there won't be a story.

But this is the writer's creativity. He could console HJ with a beautiful Miss Korea who's the legitimate child of the second richest man in Korea. Richest is Samsung.

HR and her evil parent must pay for their deeds. The father cheated on HJ's mother while she was dying. I wonder if Evil stepmum used the same MO as HR's in getting pregnant.

• Like 8
  • Blob 2

I had the same question about who does grinning Idiot/ex con exploit with that confession by SR?  My guess would be evil Mom would have the most to lose by having her own daughter involved in the attempted murder, plus she has a good amount of cash stashed with dumb Dad that ex con knows about.  Don't know if he's smart enough to play a winning hand, but evil Mom should be squirming.  <_<

Oops... after watching today's episode, I'll have to answer my own question and say ex con is not smart enough to play a winning hand!  He went to HR that will get him in deep doo doo... grinning idiot is right!  :tears:

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

Even Eungyul understands more boundaries than Bomi. It's concerning seeing Eunjoo faltering back to Sunhyuk's side, I pity Disco oppa. At the same time, Hajoon doesn't balance well with Eunjoo's personality and Sunyhuk's just a mopey ex (carrying a lotta burden) she should get over. Kinda disappointing seeing the romance go this route. 

Wow lol. After that huge confrontational scolding, how is Serin's still delusional af. What kind of woman doesn't want to be seen as a woman by their lover + immediately forgives the man for degrading her? I assume she's now trying to use Master Hara's methods of man-hunting? Get the man drunk, r*pe him and tie him up with a baby? That thirst level for wealth eh. Not understandable. She'd have more like seducing any other rich dirtbag in Hara's circle if she wants that lifestyle so badly.

Idk why I'm even surprised Hara's planning the abduction of her own son. First the neglect and abuse - now kidnap. What a wonderful cover story for the front page of every newspaper. Way to bankrupt your family's almost third-generational wealth + 100% of her 'hollywood' career. 

Housekeeper and Serin's goon are totes going to die in the hands of Serin and her mother.

They're asking for it.

• Like 7

Be careful what you wish for ...

While I'm liking that Uni Oppa and Eun-Jo are finding their way back to each other, I'm disliking that its happening this soon - It looks like tomorrow Bo-Mi finds out about the baby, and DF Oppa pieces together Miss M's identity - It had to eventually happen, but it feels too soon.

Speaking of DF Oppa, he was doing great right up to this episode - When Se-Rin invites you to a bar, and is dressed to blackmail you from the start (ugly outfit btw-jmho) just sit there and endure it ... do NOT start drinking! 

Its A Trap GIF

Uni Oppa is divorcing Ha-Ra ... Bravo!   - and per preview, he's resigning - Double Trouble!

Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

Grinning Idiot is living a charmed life - I thought for sure Ha-Ra would have him whacked but instead she's giving him a job to kidnap her son ... and we all know who is going to be blamed for that. Looks like another cliffhanger Friday :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

The goon would mess it up or he will spill it to SR who would use it to get close to HJ.

@LeftCoastOppa do you think the drinking will lead to something? :wut:  goodness another unwed mother cum rapist cum weasel? 
She and father are ambitious. If you recall the father was EJ's father's driver.  So aiming to be a chaebol's

DIL  is very ambitious and needs a lot of manipulation, especially for one so untalented.

I really don't like the way BM pushed EJ to pretend to be EJ. Even GJ looked aghast. She is going to blabber in 5 episodes... my prediction. It might happen in less. 

• Like 6

SH will not be able to get away from HR for now. She is not going to let him go and her next step is to get him for adultery. Its not illegal anymore but it can cause problems for SH and EJ in the company and in the press if HR takes it that far. AT best he will be made to back down and stay with her even though she knows he does not love her and prolly hates her after she brings this out. HR will make sure to play the victim and make it that EJ is a third party. HR is obsessed with SH and will never let him go unless she goes to jail, is put in a mental ward or dies.

I can't wait to see it. I am not a SH fan and do not want her back with him. I prefer HJ but at the same time I do not want her with him either because she is hurting him with her actions. I see EJ may be resistant to using HJ like adopted mom wanted to but she has and it has hurt him as he really liked her. 

My view is HR is about to do something that will end up with someone hurt. I am not sure if she will plot to have Hoon kidnapped in order to appear a victim and bring SH to her side or just cause a stink in the family and press about SH and EJ. Either way its going to be a mess. My guess is if she goes with the plot to kidnap Hoon EJ may try to save him. It could mean that HJ may try to save her as she is saving Hoon and either both or one gets hurt in the process. Something has to happen to make EJ wake up that she is not helping her revenge with falling into her emotions. Also she is messing with adopted mom's plans for revenge on whoever hurt her husband. 

Its about time that at least HJ realizes that GH could be EJ. At least then he will try to understand what she is up to. If he does figure it out I can't see him saying anything to anyone including EJ that he knows who she is. AS for Bomi she is a good friend to EJ but she is also a problem. She thinks that EJ should just be back with SH and does not realize that EJ has changed from the person she was and that SH is married and can't get away from HR that easy. Yeah, she is going to realize that EJ was pregnant when something happened to her but what can be done as that child is gone. Its not like she can really take on the culprit of SR and HR. But I do think at some point she will confess to SH that GH is EJ and about that baby she lost. My guess will be if HJ and EJ really do marry each other. SH can't stop that wedding if it does happen that he realizes that she is EJ and had his baby at one time as HR won't let him cause a scene. 

EJ is surrounded by pig team mates in my opinion Bomi is too stuck on her being with her brother again to grasp the seriousness in the fact that SR and HR were willing to kill. EJ's brother is a loose mouth who will eventually get people to truly believe him when he says EJ is his sister. EJ's mom as well is a problem as eventually she will realize that is her daughter as well and could spill the beans too. Its a time bomb waiting to go off for HR and SR to realize the truth and it will prolly come from one of those 3 people. 

As for SR again trying to blackmail HJ into dating her. I guess him telling her that her scheming was scary to him and that he never liked her did nothing to her. She will try the same stunt that HR did on SH when SH got drunk. I just hope that HJ does not sleep with her or even thinks he slept with her. I am waiting for the minion to mess that up to keep her away from HJ..

• Like 9

Some thoughts on the last 3 eps:

Step mom is going to murder that housekeeper if she keep pushing her luck. Also, she literally created the monster that Hara became. 

Hara chokes EJ and she just takes it. I'm like Hara's hair is literally dangling on top of your hands, why are you not grabbing it? 

Smart of Uni Oppa to meet Hara in public cause then she cannot make a scene. I like this development, but lets see if it actually goes through. Also, why did Hara look so shocked when he said he only married her for Hoon, that's not a secret/surprise. 

People keep commenting how cute Hoon is, I think this fake kidnapping is going to lead to his death. Or at least getting seriously hurt. 

• Like 9