[Drama 2021] Miss Monte Cristo, 미스 몬테크리스토

maribella

1 hour ago, maribella said:

@LeftCoastOppa do you think the drinking will lead to something?

Laughs maybe - When has any scheme Se-Rin hatched gone as planned? I could see her drinking too much again, and we're treated to another early morning screamfest, when she wakes up with someone next to her in bed, she snuggles up thinking its DF Oppa, and Grinning Idiot rolls over - Flashback to the night before - Grinning Idiot hunts her down at the bar with the good news he's secured her 400k, and a clearly annoyed DF Oppa hands a drunken Se-Rin off to him - FUN! :lol:

1 hour ago, maribella said:

I really don't like the way BM pushed EJ to pretend to be EJ. Even GJ looked aghast. She is going to blabber in 5 episodes... my prediction. It might happen in less. 

Agreed, the mom push was a bit cringey.  I'm going to undercut you on your 5 days and go with 3 or less with the caveat that Miss M isn't able to talk Bo-Mi off the baby point. If Miss M confirms to Bo-Mi that she was pregnant at the time of her "death", then she will spill in one of two ways - Bo-Mi will either go and immediately attack Ha-Ra and/or Se-Rin, and that fight will be seen/overheard by others, or she will go straight to Uni Oppa - At this point I'm 50/50 on either. 

At this point I'm just wondering if we're getting both reveals tomorrow or just one - Will Bo-Mi AND DF Oppa figure it out about both baby and identity?  Or will the big confrontation be interrupted by Hoon's kidnapping and thats the cliffhanger?

I'm curious to see what DF Oppa does if he confirms Eun-Jo's Identity tomorrow - As straightforward and steadfast as his character has been up to this point in the drama, I can't see him continuing his pursuit of her when he himself has already recognized that she still has love for Uni Oppa.   I see him keeping her secret, and possibly aiding her in revenge, but I don't see him standing in the way of her reconciling with Uni Oppa if she chooses to do so.

If we don't get the reveals, and its the Hoon kidnapping, I am also thinking like @Ldy Gmerm that someones about to get hurt - Hoon, Uni Oppa, or Miss M herself, provide the best opportunity for hospital bedside confrontations going forward

We'll see -

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Miss Monte Cristo, 미스 몬테크리스토, temp thread, daily drama@1950KST
3 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Grinning Idiot hunts her down at the bar with the good news he's secured her 400k, and a clearly annoyed DF Oppa hands a drunken Se-Rin off to him - FUN! :lol:

I think the actress is doing great. She plays SR so well with her thick hide and unbeatable sense of someone destined for bigger and better things. She always started being remorseful but ended up doing it anyway. She knew what was in the bottle but she spiked EJ's drink and was absolutely penitent when EJ was in pain. But she kept doing what she shouldn't do and blamed it on HR. Like withholding the insulin from EJ's dad.  I think she's going to end up with Mr. Na as her punishment.

I too think the cliffhanger will be Hoon's kidnapping, but I am hoping the bumbling Mr. Na would mess it up. 

I think HR is going to be around till the end because she and EJ are the stars according to synopsis in the old thread.

• Like 7

i am happy that Uni Oppa ditches his wife, that woman is really awful, her mother raised her really bad, she planted the wrong idea in her daughter that it's just because she has money and a high social position, it's okay to treat everyone from top to bottom and achieve every wish. I hope HR is not the president's biological daughter, I wonder how she could marry such a woman, it doesn't give me the idea of a cruel man!

• Like 3

For the last 3 episodes we have been dished out with a weepy, wannabe mum EJ and this episode is no different. BM looks like she's going to blab to SH about Byeol.

The woman with  vengeance behaves like a RickRoll'D cat and the crazed wild cat is HR. That does not seem right. Both should be clawing at each other. The preview shows EJ getting down on her knees in front of HR. :triumph: Is this to show how pure and true EJ is? :rage: Don't waste our time writer, why call it Miss Monte Cristo? Minnie mouse looks more fearful.

Edit: what's wrong with a p....y cat? one track mind. :lol:

• Like 7

HR got to be the dumbest person I ever seen, you kidnapped Hoon and SH and EJ knows its already. How much time does she really think she going to buy? He eventually going to have to come back, then what? She made thing so so much worse for herself. 

• Like 8

okay, finally caught up on this week's episodes. so I really had to roll my eyes at universal oppa several times. 

Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

he really seems to think that it is his duty to be universal oppa and even declares to his brother-in-law that he intends to emotionally cheat on his wife because he is the only one who can save eun joo. who says that to their brother-in-law????? :crazy: obviously universal oppa has never heard of something called therapy and counselling. 

I liked disco oppa even more this week because he keeps his cool in a crazy situation and he is using his brain as much as possible even during this crazy. really enjoyed his telling off for serin -- how often do we see a cling second lead rejected for their character? he clearly recognizes serin as a sly, conniving person. he also has no illusions about eun joo having feelings for him but he clearly sees the danger. I was wondering why sun hyuk who has been married to hara for so many years cannot recognize the person she is? he seems to think that just by divorcing her, hara will just disappear and he can have his cake. seriously? he has obviously never watched any true crime episodes. :sweatingbullets: seriously, how can hajun recognize that things between hara and eun joo will escalate to danger but sun hyuk is in lala land? 

and as for bomi - @tofumochu, @maribella, @Ldy Gmerm -- she is suffering from a similar illusion as her brother - "lets reset". eun joo said something interesting during all the messy episodes this week. she said that while it may not be sun hyuk's fault, even if he leaves hara, they cannot get back together. eun joo is slowly coming to terms that there is never going to be reset here because too much has happened. she has yet to learn that with hoon but it looks like she will learn that painful lesson as well -- hoon is not a replacement for the baby she lost and there cannot be some sort of dream reset with her, hoon and sun hyuk as a family. bomi, sun hyuk as well as eun joo are going to learn in a messy way that you can't just reset to the past. even if you meet an old friend after many years, there are going to be changes because of time and experience.  in this case, so much crazy has happened that when all the truth comes out, it may not be possible to just ignore all of what happened.... those events will have an impact and it will be negative. 

am waiting for new mom to crack the whip on eun joo -- I think eun joo is going to find it hard to turn away from new mom once she finds out what happened to new mom. her revenge will also become eun joo. out of loyalty and love, eun joo is going in kick in her heels. housekeeper at some point is going to blab the secret about stepmom. it does not look good for her and when that happens, hajun is also going to go on revenge mode. so maybe it will be a trifecta in action? 

@joccu , @Susu ~ am not liking the direction it is going as well... at this stage, eun joo is boring me with her tears. maybe it will be new mom and hajun who will have to pull all the weight in this revenge.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

5 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

as eun joo are going to learn in a messy way that you can't just reset to the past. even if you meet an old friend after many years, there are going to be

I am sure HR is going to pay for all her vicious deeds but I hope the writer would not have Uni oppa do the noble idiot and wait for her for being remorseful, or something.

Yes, he does seem oblivious to her vicious nature after so many years of marriage. Maybe she had always perform in front of him? A very long performance.

There will be a kumbaya ending for the good guys. Maybe EJ would go overseas with the real HG and New mum, a time leap, then reunion. 

But right now, stupid EJ is becoming more like YJ. Revenge? She lied to New mum because of  Hoon, she said to herself. Ok fool yourself.

Maybe I should call her YJ.:smirk:

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, maribella said:

Yes, he does seem oblivious to her vicious nature after so many years of marriage. Maybe she had always perform in front of him? A very long performance.

I was really rolling my eyes at his lack of reaction to what hajun was telling him. his wife viciously physically attacked another woman. he has also seen videos of her attacking staff at the spa -- so if she acts that with way with staff, how will she act with a rival? he really is clueless. but then again, this is the same guy who asked a girl who threw herself at him to prepare his proposal party for eun joo. so some brain cells connections missing there. :sweatingbullets:

am really hoping that eun joo does not turn into tae poong or yujung. at this stage, she is turning out to be so unfocused and rather annoying. she seems to just melt at sun hyuk. like new mom says, just go home if you don't have what it takes. 

• Like 9
  • Blob 1

what  kind of revenge is this , mom kidnapped her child why she getting  involved  kneeing down for her to return it save  - EJ have a lot of free time , she need to get A life 

btQmi1b.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Abs_ triggered said:

what  kind of revenge is this , mom kidnapped her child why she getting  involved  kneeing down for her to return it save  - EJ have a lot of free time , she need to get A life 

btQmi1b.gif

At this point she's asking for it :joy:. I really don't even feel sorry for her. 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

so unfocused and rather annoying. she seems to just melt at sun hyuk. like new mom says, just go home if

These two idiots are playing Ma, Pa and son in Disney when he is going for a divorce? He should keep away from all women except for his mum and sis. There are ways that divorce judges don't like. She has been focusing on Hoon and his father and the writer calls it revenge. She thinks HR doing desparate things is a successful revenge. HR does not need EJ's revenge to go crazy, she is always crazed.

3 hours ago, Abs_ triggered said:

I think it's to show what she's willing to do for Hoon, her future stepson. Fool.

Someone with a little brain would go to the President and start talking. 

Instead we are going to get the idiots TP and YJ looking at each other helplessly. Now it's otoke time? 
I wish someone would recap the next few episodes. Our revenge has gone. :dead:I can't take it.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

7 hours ago, maribella said:

She has been focusing on Hoon and his father and the writer calls it revenge. She thinks HR doing desparate things is a successful revenge. HR does not need EJ's revenge to go crazy, she is always crazed.

exactly!! 

7 hours ago, maribella said:

I think it's to show what she's willing to do for Hoon, her future stepson. Fool.

sigh, her loving hoon feels like she is replacing the child she lost. :mellow: loved the lashing that disco oppa gave eun joo where he said that she stepping into the shoes of dead eun joo is cruel and taunting. he tells her that she has way too much anger and resentment and therefore, cannot be dead eun joo. she then agrees that she can never go back to being eun joo.

if there is some sort of kumbaya ending, hope the writer addresses this change -- eun joo is no longer the eun joo she was - trusting, naïve, looking for the best in others, accepting all wrong. she is filled with anger, resentment and has become conniving, cunning and also takes pleasure in their pain. her need for revenge has changed her. thats what happens to people. we can only move forward but we can't move back to who we were. while she will eventually come to peace, she is still a changed person. both disco oppa and hairclip omma are right - eun joo v1.0 is dead and it is wrong for all these people to keep hanging on to a dead person.. 

sun hyuk said that he will do anything for hoon -- will he live with the woman who ultimately brought hoon's mother to prison? hairclip omma already feels ga heum is unhealthy for her son and does not see his wavering as good. if we get a kumbaya ending, it will certainly be a weird one. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

sun hyuk said that he will do anything for hoon -- will he live with the woman who ultimately brought hoon's mother to prison? hairclip omma already feels ga heum is unhealthy for her son and does not see his wavering as good. if we get a kumbaya ending, it will certainly be a weird one. 

There were  broad hints by SH's mum that she would accept EJ if she came back and SH saw HR as bad for Hoon. Just by Hoon's reactions, running to Ajumma instead of the mother already told us that HR had lost her son. Kidnapping him to keep her husband was just the worst a sacrificing, devoted mum would do.  It's not a problem for the two getting back together if EJ sent her to prison. If it is then she has no future with HJ either.  At this stage, I can see SH and EJ back together - I prefer Jo In Sung or Mr. Abs for her. :blush:

I had wondered in the beginning how a 2 hour film was going to be extended to 50 hours. Now, I know. It's not Monte Cristo.

• Like 4

@maribella ~ EJ-Sun hyuk - Hoon is just a weepfest that I would rather not watch. if that track continues, I am going to fast forward a lot. I am crossing fingers and toes that new mom and ha joon do some actual revenge. maybe it will end up like man in veil where kimbap abs was the one who actually ended up doing all the work. 

• LOL 7

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@maribella ~ EJ-Sun hyuk - Hoon is just a weepfest that I would rather not watch. if that track continues, I am going to fast forward a lot. I am crossing fingers and toes that new mom and ha joon do some actual revenge. maybe it will end up like man in veil where kimbap abs was the one who actually ended up doing all the work. 

Why are you guys surprised at this??? I knew this would happen. SO typical of kdrama land lol @Lmangla I know how eeryone feels, i can't help but root for the underdog. lol lol. Please forgive me.

1. SH didn't really betray her ( betray would be he cheated on her, wanted to be rich . That was never him. Don't forget she gabe him the wolf cufflings before she died.)

2. He was trapped into sleeping with EJ.  If SH had died or he was madly in love with HR, yeah she would go throught the revenge. 

There is also a room for her to act crazy, which isn't a good sign for someone to relaease all the pent up anger. it can really drive someone crazy in my opinion. 

Hoon is to help her heal from the lost of her child. Maybe this is the chance for her to move on from SH. They might nor end up together, I think Hoon will die and it will be by the had of his own mother.

She doesn’t know how to love. Proof below . In the end she will go crazy.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886e532a8f7f74b353e19

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886e532a8f7f74b353e19

• Like 7

Episode 50 -

So at the halfway point, and with a small critique or two, I can say I'm enjoying the drama thus far. 

Villains -  for me this is the drama's weak point. I don't like that both Se-Rin & Papa Ju have essentially been relegated to roles as comic relief. Taking final revenge on them will be almost anticlimactic, as of now neither is a credible threat to Miss M and while necessary for the continuation of the story, the revenge plots against these two are now uninteresting and frankly boring. I found Ha-Ra's attempt to throttle Miss M on the rooftop refreshing in re-establishing her as a psychotic and unpredictable threat, but in the end it seems the writer is taking Ha-Ra down the path of the novel version of Mondego and she will eventually die after a decent into madness - I was honestly hoping for more intelligent and meticulous villains in the style of Fatal Promise or Gracious Revenge - There the villains were a constant episode to episode threat, and the warring mothers in Gracious Revenge carried that drama and they fought constantly right up to the last few episodes - Going forward, Evilstepmom needs to enter the ring and hopefully bring some truly dark craftiness, rather than Ha-Ra's constant rampaging at every slight, I wont even go into her brainless minions.

Miss M/Eun-Jo - While others here have taken issue with her recent forays into family life, I am enjoying it.  I think the writer is doing an incredible job of showing the internal struggle going on inside Eun-Jo, and her often unsuccessful attempts to both understand it and control it.  In Hoon she has seen a glimpse of the life she had envisioned with Byeol, and her genuine bonding with him has given her a taste of the motherhood she had wanted.  I see complaints of Miss M kneeling before Ha-Ra in the preview, yet its made clear that she is only doing it in an attempt to secure the child's release - She is embracing the role of Hoons mother when Ha-Ra see's him as nothing but a tool.  Eun-Jo lost her baby to Ha-Ra's deceit, Miss M is taking Ha-Ra's child with caring and love - I don't think Miss M ever planned to love the child, but now that she does, thats a wonderfully unintentional revenge.   As for Uni-Oppa, thanks to Bo-Mi's intervention, Miss M has come to realize that her original beliefs on his betrayal were wrong, and he is in fact a victim of Ha-Ra's actions just as she is. The more time she spends with him and his son brings her struggles within closer to the surface - She is clearly happy when they are together, and now she is becoming defensive of him, in front of DF Oppa, and silently spitting venom at Ha-Ra telling her she will never claim Uni Oppa's heart - While they still have alot to work through, she clearly see's the man she loved before is still there, she wants to be with him as is made clear in the stairwell fight with DF Oppa, where she silently tells him she wants to be the Eun-Jo thats alive, yet less than 2 actual minutes later she says she cant - The internal struggle continues - we have 50 episodes to see how it plays out. I'm confidant they make it work.  Taking back that which was stolen from her, and denying Ha-Ra that which she was willing to kill for, That too is revenge ... and of the sweetest kind

DF-Oppa - First, that preview cuz its bothering me - If he lets Se-Rin blackmail him into a hotel suite then the boy deserves everything that comes from it. I was just starting to really like him so I hope he is not that monumentally stupid.  While I honestly thought he would've figured out Miss M's identity by now, their latest exchange in the stairwell was almost as good - He is accurately voicing the struggle that Eun-Jo is fighting internally and he is (I believe) forcing here to face that which she has been trying to ignore - "pretending" to be Eun-Jo is hurting those around her - While its clear he wants her to stop, I think he is inadvertently pushing her towards the realization she should reveal herself to those she loves - she hasn't realized it just yet, but she would and already does have the support of those around her - Miss M is clearly growing annoyed with DF Oppa at the present, but as the drama proceeds I see her coming to thank him for making her realize what she needed to change, even if that change wasn't in the way DF Oppa originally wanted.

Uni Oppa - Finally the man threw it all on the table(including the ring) He never loved Ha-Ra, and married her for Hoon. Like DF Oppa above, I thought by this time Uni Oppa would've also pieced together Miss M's real identity but still, the fact that he is now clearly in love with Miss M is telling.  @Lmangla has stated there cannot be a reset, I disagree. What will happen will not be a reset but an understanding.  Uni Oppa loved the angelic Eun-Jo, He now loves the dark and resentful Miss M - when her identity is eventually revealed, he will have the full realization and "understanding" of what happened, and he will not leave her.  as to this ....

On 4/23/2021 at 11:19 PM, Lmangla said:

she is filled with anger, resentment and has become conniving, cunning and also takes pleasure in their pain. her need for revenge has changed her. thats what happens to people. we can only move forward but we can't move back to who we were.

The fact that Miss M has grown to love a child, and is finding love again in Uni Oppa shows the statement above isnt entirely true - Eun-Jo hasn't been completely consumed by vengeance yet as witnessed by her actions -  With the support of her family, and Bo-Mi, and yes Uni-Oppa, at the end they will have shared the burden and the struggle together and they will be stronger for it - she will have her vengeance, they will help see to it - they all will be changed of course, but they will still be together - The kdramaverse is littered with stories that overcame ALOT worse than this.  The only thing Miss M has to truly worry about is when Uni Oppa finds out what happened, he might get his revenge before hers is complete.  As to the critiques that he doesn't recognize the type of person Ha-Ra is, Does that make Eun-Jo equally culpable for not recognizing Ha-Ra's personality all the years she was her best friend?  He stated the position quite clearly when he said he married her for Hoon sake, and BTW he asked for the divorce in the scene immediately after the rooftop conversation with DF Oppa so he clearly has a grip on the situation, what do you want the man to do? Stay married to someone he never loved, and who has become toxic to his child?  Finding out about Ha-Ra's  actions on the rooftop was clearly the last straw.  At the very least we should get some good episodes in the coming week as Ha-Ra blackmails him into playing the good husband for a time.  + the added tension of Eun-Jo having to watch Ha-Ra get close to the man she loves ... should be fun to watch.

Oh and its time to unleash Bo-Mi, now she is just itching for a fight/revenge and after watching her yank on Ha-Ra's hair in the chicken shop I think she can hold her own.

let them fight fighting GIF

• Blob 5

3 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

the type of person Ha-Ra is, Does that make Eun-Jo equally culpable for not recognizing Ha-Ra's personality all the years she was her best friend?  He stated the

EJ was an idiot like YJ. I could not watch a 30 something woman behaving like a flighty teenager. So I started watching only after her accident. She was a naive, gullible woman so if she could not tell for who they were, I am not surprised.  But Uni oppa has been a corporate man who should have the ability to gauge people. It seemed that knowing HR had feelings for him, he asked her to arrange his engagement party?  :omg:

• Like 4
  • Blob 1