[Drama 2020/2021] No matter what anyone says, 누가 뭐래도

0ly40

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems from preview Beuyri and Ahri finally move out of that toxic house (I dislike that hypocritical Dad and snobish Bora). Baby is safe too. JS won't stop caring and  following Ahri:fullofhearts:. He has new competitor Deora now. May be jealousy makes him speak his true heart.

Good for AR! I really support her moving out, I hate her dad and Bora, even if HS defended her I still think her moving out is the best thing for her to do, those two jerks aren’t going to help her mentally and physically. Good thing JS is starting to man up, but man the look on Bora’s face ticks me off, she still looks like she feels entitled to JS it disgusts me. Girl, you need a reality check.

On 12/26/2020 at 4:50 PM, maria_m2me said:

Agree. I also dislike Bora. She said that she dislike Junsu, but later she wanted him become hers. Damn!!! And when she knew that father of Ari's baby was Junsu, she was angry to her sister?!?!? Selfish!!! She thought that she's the center of the people's love and attention, and Ari was just a troublemaker who crushed all happiness... RickRoll'D!!!!

Sorry!!! I'm so emotional... I just watched episode 54 and 55, and for the preview, gosh I hate it when Junsu become so stupid to agree about the marriage only to keep the secret from Ari's dad?!?!?

I guess I am the only person here who likes Bora!  I haven't seen the part yet when she found out who is the father of Ari's baby.  Till now I have found her to be rather vain, a bit of an airhead but a kind hearted person.  And I love her beautiful smile, it really lights up the room.  

From the start, I didn't like Ari's abrasive attitude esp towards the step-Mom.  She only started to be nice to her when she saw how accepting she was of Byeori and how much she helped her - even to the point of lying to Ari's Dad.  Bora even loaned her money to get an apartment.  They made a deal and whenever Bora reminded Ari of it, Ari would be her usual nasty self and throw temper tantrums.  Bora accepted Ari's Dad as her father so why should Ari act like a spoilt brat.  I don't recall she ever said she disliked Junsu.  She said he was the first one she had a crush on.  When her Dad teased her that she might end up being Junsu's wife, she blushed and said they were not at that stage yet.  But of course we see that she still has this hugh crush on him.

For me, the character I dislike most is the cross dresser.  It's silly how the writer is trying to get us to believe that he is a woman magnet!  But then again, all the women in his life are not that great either.  The man acts like everyone is beneath him and he has never done anything wrong.  I don't see why that step-son can just embrace him and welcome him back into his life.  Like he really has a good reason to abandon two children.  

@O Ahri and Bora have never been in good terms with each other .They both throw equal tantrums and fight like cat and mouse. 

As for Ahri not able to warm to step mom is coz of her own father. Ahri is tomboyish and grew up without mom for a while till Bora and step mom came. All she saw was her own mother being a taboo word in hause while these two ladies were pampered and loved. Her real mother lived life in poverty. No child can see it's mother hated whatsoever reason it may be. Step mom always realised Ahri's point of view . So she always gave her space . But Bora being immature like Ahri could understand it. That's why these to keep blaming each other. 

Ahri is changing slowly thanks to unwanted events that happened . Her bio mother died . But the girl could not speak of it coz she was a banned name. She got a sister to take care and that was not enough now drops a child . Who expects such things all of sudden! That's why Ahri is slowly toning down .Her feiry spirit is feiry nomore ! She hated her own Mom but now that same Mom is her inspiration. 

But Bora still has long way to go. She always had her own mom by her side. Then step dad turned out to be good. Plus Bora is always pampered unlike Ahri who got wrong side of stick thanks to her Mom. Bora always had her limelight and sadly is a attention seeking girl. So yeh anything not her way is a wrong way ! Her princess syndrome needs to be treated . Once that bubble bursts . Bora will be far more likeable or say we will see her kind heart. 

3 hours ago, O said:

I guess I am the only person here who likes Bora!  I haven't seen the part yet when she found out who is the father of Ari's baby.  Till now I have found her to be rather vain, a bit of an airhead but a kind hearted person.  And I love her beautiful smile, it really lights up the room.  

From the start, I didn't like Ari's abrasive attitude esp towards the step-Mom.  She only started to be nice to her when she saw how accepting she was of Byeori and how much she helped her - even to the point of lying to Ari's Dad.  Bora even loaned her money to get an apartment.  They made a deal and whenever Bora reminded Ari of it, Ari would be her usual nasty self and throw temper tantrums.  Bora accepted Ari's Dad as her father so why should Ari act like a spoilt brat.  I don't recall she ever said she disliked Junsu.  She said he was the first one she had a crush on.  When her Dad teased her that she might end up being Junsu's wife, she blushed and said they were not at that stage yet.  But of course we see that she still has this hugh crush on him.

For me, the character I dislike most is the cross dresser.  It's silly how the writer is trying to get us to believe that he is a woman magnet!  But then again, all the women in his life are not that great either.  The man acts like everyone is beneath him and he has never done anything wrong.  I don't see why that step-son can just embrace him and welcome him back into his life.  Like he really has a good reason to abandon two children.  

Bora told Ahri’s dad about her pregnancy in the worst possible way, pushed a pregnant woman on to the ground and keeps cursing her and badmouthing her every chance she gets yet Ahri is the bad one? As for your saying Bora blushed? She also blushed when Daero was mentioned. Also Junsoo said he doesn’t like her. She’s not immature or an airhead. She blames the parents fighting on Ahri when she was the one who told the dad. She’s vindictive, cruel and two faced. Please watch it without rose tinted glasses.

Bora is just horrid. Her pregnant sister falls and she just walks away??  Wow!  I don’t know who I hate the most in this whole show?  This is the first kdrama that the vast majority of the characters are just wretched.  Still watching because of Byeori, Hae Shim, and Dae Ro.   

Oh heck no I sorry but what ever happens there will be no kumbayaing with that heifer. Yesterday her pregnant sister falls partly because of her as Ah Ri was trying to get away from her and her nasty tongue, and she walks away and leaves Ah Ri. Today she physically pushes Ah Ri and makes her fall to the ground. On both occasions Bora looks at her pregnant sister on the ground, and it was a look that said I wish you and your baby didn't exist, and walks away leaving her there. Add that to the fact she let out the secret to pops and I'm sorry this cow shouldn't be given a happy ending. JS needs to end this b......., screw platitudes he needs to crush her like I said before completely crush, this cow is out to kill his kid, crush her, her make her want to join a monastery.  Wanted to punch Bora!

Also wanted to bunch pops, the way he was shaking her dear lord. What with this twisted idea were grown adults are treated like kids<_<.  Then  I wanted to punch donor dad, they way the smarmy smirking git walked into the office and sat down and threaten Dae Ro. There should be no redemption for that man. Today crossed dresser dad gets away with a swift kick to the shins , for all the problems he's causing Dae Ro, then a bunch to the fact that Ah Ri had to still shoulder his responsibility.

If it weren't for the finally scene in today's episode I would have called it quits today, how can one episode be so irksome. But now Ah Ri most definitely can't deny that her heart fluttered. She'll keep being stubborn self but she'll give in to her feelings eventually. I wouldn't be surprised if this is her first, headstrong individual that she is. Hope they start soon would be nice to see they battling against all these vile people together.

I'm actually confused with how BoRas character arc is going. Are we meant to see her interactions with DR as cute or heart fluttering? To me they are just sad scenes, as he's so genuine and she's just enjoying the attention (that she expects because apparently no guy can resist her charms), with no intention of reciprocating. Are we supposed to feel empathy for her when she pouts, whines or throws herself on her bed sobbing over the loss of JS? Or when she glares at, threatens, insults or physically assaults her step sister? Its difficult to understand why they are making her so unlikeable. I wonder if the writers don't realise they've made her so unpleasant and think scenes like her digging with DR and smiling at him like she's interested are enough to make the viewers care about her? Having her behave so cruelly towards her pregnant sister and the unborn child, plus act so narcissistic about JS's feelings has ruined any interest I had in her finding love and success. It will be a hard task to redeem her, thats for sure.

There are other awful characters, JS's parents, Um PD, BRs sperm donor dad, AR's angry father, Fake Granny, etc, but I don't feel like we are supposed to care about/be as invested in as we are the main leads, so I'm not disappointed in their behaviours. It's expected, especially in a daily for support characters to cause drama and upset our leads. BoRa acting like this is a surprise to me seeing she's meant to be the main character (& I'm pretty sure she wasn't meant to be the main antagonist) and we know her storyline, will be a main focus. A surprise and a disappointment. Such a strange way to write a character that we are supposed to care about.

I'm also surprised by how much I've gotten into this drama. I haven't enjoyed a daily for a while. Plus it's fun to read everyone's comments and see the forum so active. 

Really at this moment my hate for Bora is the only thing keeping me afloat, I hope she gets her just desserts soon in form of JS crushing her delusion of JS getting together with her soon. Sorry to those who like her but she is seriously on the top of my most hated drama protagonist atm. At most I can find some sort of enjoyment from dumb FLs like Yujung from Man In A Veil but Bora is just nasty, selfish, cruel, narcissistic, entitled bratty RickRoll'D. When they first set up Bora’s rivalry with the witch producer I thought to myself that well Bora is slightly better but she’s giving the same vibe as the producer. They’re both selfish and so entitled to JS, why are they so delusional??? JS needs to firmly shoot them down ASAP before they really do harm AR and their child. Or if AR DOES get a miscarriage, I hope it comes bcs of Bora, that way JS can actually be furious at her and everyone will finally look at Bora for the person she actually is, a cruel, repulsive, two-faced, selfish narcissist. Then poor Daero can finally jump off the rotting ship.

8 hours ago, EK8 said:

Bora is just horrid. Her pregnant sister falls and she just walks away??  Wow!  I don’t know who I hate the most in this whole show?  This is the first kdrama that the vast majority of the characters are just wretched.  Still watching because of Byeori, Hae Shim, and Dae Ro.   

Me too, I dislike all of the characters with the exception of Ah Ri, Dae Ro, Byori, Haeshim and the grandpa

@Mocharel Glad to see you here too :)

2 hours ago, Mocharel said:

JS needs to firmly shoot them down ASAP before they really do harm AR and their child. Or if AR DOES get a miscarriage, I hope it comes bcs of Bora, that way JS can actually be furious at her and everyone will finally look at Bora for the person she actually is, a cruel, repulsive, two-faced, selfish narcissist. Then poor Daero can finally jump off the rotting ship.

I was thinking the same thing. Her actions bringing harm to Ah Ri will finally bring her true colours to light for all to see that she isn't as nice as they think and also cause JS to finally got ape at her.

50 minutes ago, tas82 said:

I was thinking the same thing. Her actions bringing harm to Ah Ri will finally bring her true colours to light for all to see that she isn't as nice as they think and also cause JS to finally got ape at her.

Yes, I wonder why she is being cruel towards her stepsister :(

Ah Ri didn't seduce JS. Actually she wants to raise her child on her own and doesn't want to have anything to do with JS, that's why she lied and told him she had an abortion.  She has dignity and does not throw herself on him. It seems that JS will take the first step towards Ah Ri. I guess he is falling in love with her.

Unlike Bora and Sunny who force themselves on him, Ah Ri doesn't do the same. She has pride and I respect that in her. She is one of my favourite characters in the drama.

I think that’s part of why JS was drawn to AR. She’s brash but she was tough, she took care of herself and had to deal with a lot of things on her own, when all these women swoon and threw themselves on him, he never had a woman treat him the way AR did, I think that left a huge impression on him and changed how he looked at her.

Honestly i don’t wish AR to have a miscarriage, it would really break her heart and wound her, but i feel like that’s the way for JS to finally stick to AR side. He’s seen this woman being so tough but when she lost their child she broke down and cried, and that would be a huge slap to his face like, why didn’t he protect and support her faster? On the top of that, i don’t think Bora would stop being the way she is until JS himself snaps at her, viciously chew her out for causing AR such grief, and then cuts off contact with her completely. Then Daero too after seeing what Bora did to AR will also be disgusted at her and finally opened his eyes to what kind of person she really was. Like Bejaffled said it’s gonna be really hard to redeem her, but first she needs to eat a humble pie, lose everything, and have a taste of everyone turning their backs on her, including daddy dearest, a taste of what AR went through, this time, with no one hoisting her up to her glory pedestal. All alone.

Finally Ahri papa grabs Jinsoo's collar  for playing around with both his daughters ! 

Js is smitten by Ahri. The girl is doing everything unexpected. And that's what makes her interesting.   While he has two nutheads running behind him he has third nuthead running away that too with his baby ! 

Thankfully Bora is sulking by herself rather then doing crazy things like Sunny. Sunny chose a  wrong girl to bully. Ahri is way crazier she is gonna make Sunny count stars.

4 hours ago, monalisa said:

The actress played Bae yu-ran in Wanna Taste, didn't she? Looks quite different here without the thick make-up.

Yes it is indeed the same actress! I agree I didn’t notice her until I heard her voice which was so similar to the one she used there. She lost all the heavy makeup but is still the same mean, ill-spirited witch though!

On 12/29/2020 at 5:31 AM, shana0127 said:

@MocharelNo Byeori is not his daughter. Ahri mom herself told that crossdresser that she his daughter. 

@perfectmouse I disagree with you even if you have your point. AR has all rights to keep the baby and yes it is her will. The world can go to Hell. Plus what rights does those xyz  have to say to abort the baby. Sunny a scorned ex! Bora a pampered brat! JS Mom a woman who treats her own son as some goldmine ! Her stepmom , well she does care.  Plus JS the father of child did weaver a little in beginning but now is all there for the child.In fact I like message writer is putting forward. That life is beautiful and you have all rights to live your way No matter what anyone says. Is not that the name of drama itself ! 

Ahri mom was hated by all. She lived a downtrodden pitiful  life but she lived it happily. She left her husband , went for another man and even brought his kid in the world  even when he was on run and went missing. She was nowhere ashamed. She even instilled that message" Don't worry be happy "  in little Byori before she left the world. Ahri  was going to do what normally others do in such situation that is abort the baby. But she changed once she read her mother's diary . It's then Ahri realised why she is different. It's coz she is her own mother's daughter who lived her life on her own principals No matter what others say. That's how she rebelled. Decided to have the kid coz she wanted it,  rather then abort it  as others said!  

You know I respect your opinion though I will still at the end of the day disagree. It’s such a deus ex machina for her late mother’s diary to change her mind on something so drastic especially when she knew and didn’t want the child. It’s definitely not something that is reflective of real life. Akin to having a dream and saying “God told me to do this.” I’m not trying to purposely play devils advocate but besides the primitive side of people’s brains to keep their baby for reproductive purposes, it makes zero sense in the real world for your reputation to be tarnished, have the baby grow up without a father, someone to raise the child when they haven’t met someone they love where her options will surely decrease, and more. She didn’t really even care for the child at all in the first place it’s just a plot hole that comes along to let her feel obligated and stubborn to keep the child no matter what.

With all due respect, I don’t think many people in the world, orphaned or not, would decide to keep the child in a situation like hers with a fling when they don’t even like the guy. I know the other counter argument to my original comment was that poor people should be able to have kids but personally, I find it a bit distasteful and selfish for one to needlessly bring upon a new life fully knowing they’ll suffer and the child has literally no say or choice other than to suffer together. I’m glad she was able to become a more toughened braver person in her situation but you can’t expect everyone to become like her after overcoming (or in many cases, not even do that) her obstacles. Forcing a child to go through the same loops and hoops is a bit cruel. I know this delves a bit more on philosophy than anything else but I enjoy having these conversations even when people disagree. Not only is she poor and have a very young sister to take care of protect, everyone around her is against her and will make it HELL for both her and the child or even try to kill the child once it’s born (weekly drama crazy comic book villains have done far worse than this so it’s definitely not out of the question). I just don’t think any sane parent-to-bes would willingly put their child in for so much hate and danger “no matter what anyone says.” That’s not love that’s selfishness and spite with no other intention than to simply to get back at everyone and to prove everyone wrong rather than actually wanting to raise the child (like I said, she has a lot to live for her work, future, sister, etc.) and for non-drama irl people, you can’t have everything realistically. Again, she didn’t really “love” the child someone she has not even met, but when faced to make a choice, I believe most people will use logic and decide what to do. She should know better than anyone else how horrible it was for kids to grow up without one of the parent’s positive influence and putting her child through that will be cruel. Sure she came out on top of it which I admire but the fact that she’s willing to repeat it for her child sends a negative message. She’s cheating her child out of a happy, normal, life with an actual loving family and stable family with no one to threaten you like we’re about to see everyone else in the drama do to the child once it’s born. Does that sound like “love” to you? If she truly loves the child, what would she do?

Basically, my point is, somewhat comically, that this is a weekly drama and real life is hardly reflective of this so it sends the wrong messages and make people feel guilty for a child being created and propagating the fact that they should get together and not abort it “no matter what they say” even if it means they do not like each other and are forced to live in an unhappy and unfulfilling marriage for the rest of their lives. That sounds like jail to me. It is only in fantasy drama land where the guy likes you again and suddenly magically life becomes better after having that child. It’s even in Western cultures where in movies and dramas, having that child that the mother didn’t really want suddenly everyone likes them and their life becomes amazing. In reality, more often than not, pushes the family into even greater poverty and the guy is not gonna reflect on their relationship at all (nor should they feel so necessarily it was just a fling for goodness’ sake!), and the mother goes into depression and can’t properly take care of her child and is relegated a rest of life that is dull and hopeless. Stats do not lie it is what usually happens to people in her situation especially where being a single mother has such a bad connotation in Korea. That’s not empowering or good at all. This sounds like punishing the victim to be forced to have a bad life along with their child just because she had a premarital relationship if we’re equating this to real life and what actually occurs. Korean culture is not great social wise and this drama is only hammering outdated harmful traditions into peoples mind though I maybe just looking too far into it. Definitely still not a fan of this drama. Just my $0.02. I hope you did not take any offense as that’s not my intent and that it helped you see my point a bit more. And thank you for letting me see a different perspective and letting me consider what I truly believe again.

Archived