[Drama 2020/2021] No matter what anyone says, 누가 뭐래도

0ly40

4 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Bora is stupid. Junsu was a jerk towards her poor sister, how does she consider him a good person? She should be thankful that he showed his true colours and get away from him.

Agree... I hate her. I dunno why she's the FL. And she really doesn't deserve the ML...

And for Junsu, dunno why he doesn't look like a perfect bachelor to I should marry. He's a big no for me. People said he's handsome, smart, successful and rich. But why he couldn't be a real gentleman when face problem like that? He not use his rational to solve the problem. Honestly his assistant is more clever than him...

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's heavily stigmatised to be a single mom in Korea, it may actually be worse than being an orphan. Up until recently single mothers in Korean couldn't even register their child under their name and had to do it under their parent's name. I think a lot of it is the history of single moms in Korea have been Korean women who got together with American soldiers and how a lot of those children ended up abandoned, adopted or heavily discriminated against. Then there's the factor of it not being culturally acceptable in Korea and the fact that Korean society likes to pretend no one is having sex. Look how Junsoo's mother called Ahri a dirty RickRoll'D like her mother, despite the fact that Ahri was a virgin before Junsoo. Yet she's all gung ho about him marrying Sunny who he probably slept with loads in the US because she has money. Junsoo is just trash period, he should go to the marriage and be like I'm refusing, I'm going to be a dad, please stop your insane relatives from trying to force the abortion of my future child.

6 hours ago, Naty828 said:

I don't understand but in Korea is it so bad to be a single mom?
however I think that at the beginning of a pregnancy they are all a bit scared and it takes time to collect their thoughts, evaluating everything in cold blood but ARI's mother seems overly emotional to me. Also why does ARI refuse to tell the family if she has decided to have it? afraid that they will make her marry her or that her father will throw her out of the house
JU is not in love with Bora if I understand correctly she does not want to have love affairs, an instinct of protection for a past disappointment that has deeply marked him.

Also if you got on Naver, the majority of the drama watchers are cursing out Ahri and saying that Junsoo is great so yeah. I wonder how the actual actors playing the characters feel about their roles though.

Wtfrick???? Why are they cursing out Ahri and saying JS is great??? What’s wrong with those ppl?? Have I gone mad?? Has the world gone mad??? It’s not like Ahri was trying to throw her body onto JS on purpose (unlike the wench producer lady and that little RickRoll'D Bora) ppl do crazy stuff when they’re drunk, and it was an unfortunate turn of events but ONE THAT BOTH AHRI AND JS MUST BE RESPONSIBLE FOR AS ADULTS. Ahri at least is respecting that her child deserves an opportunity to live, but JS DOES NOT EVEN RESPECT AHRI. Then again JS’ family didn’t even respect his own wishes and tried to sell him off to the producer witch when he said he hated her, so I can see where JS got his attitude from. 

Maybe I can lil bit understand why people cursing out Ari. Ari is such a stubborn woman. Yeah, I know that marriage without love isn't good solution, but she always mad and reject JS. If she respect her own baby, she should respect her baby's father's idea/opinion.

And she likes to change the subject when she's with her mom. Maybe if she could have better conversation with her mom, she could understand her mom's worries better but she also could made her mom understand her opinion about the baby, after all her mom was a mother, she could say "Mother always be a mother. I know whenever I need you, you always be my mother. Even though dad will be angry, but there's no ex-dad-daughter relationship."

Ari better put highlights to her father that the baby has life and that baby is his grandchild.

Sorry, but I was full of emotion when I watched this drama. Why they're not practically use rational and cold headed...

2 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

Maybe I can lil bit understand why people cursing out Ari. Ari is such a stubborn woman. Yeah, I know that marriage without love isn't good solution, but she always mad and reject JS. If she respect her own baby, she should respect her baby's father's idea/opinion.

And she likes to change the subject when she's with her mom. Maybe if she could have better conversation with her mom, she could understand her mom's worries better but she also could made her mom understand her opinion about the baby, after all her mom was a mother, she could say "Mother always be a mother. I know whenever I need you, you always be my mother. Even though dad will be angry, but there's no ex-dad-daughter relationship."

Ari better put highlights to her father that the baby has life and that baby is his grandchild.

Sorry, but I was full of emotion when I watched this drama. Why they're not practically use rational and cold headed...

They're cursing her out that she seduced her sister's man and won't get an abortion. None of the comments are about her not marrying Junsoo. Why should she respect his opinion when from the start he said he wouldn't take responsibility and asked if it's really his? And he tried to give her consolation money as if she was a call girl. If someone acted the way Junsoo and his family do to Ahri, would you marry him? You must be very patient. Also why does she have to understand her mom's worries? Her mom isn't the one who'll have her body and wrecked. I feel like she did say that though, she said mom I'm your daughter Shin Ah Ri and I'm tough and Hae Shim went still I know better. Regarding her marrying Junsoo, the way Junsoo presents himself I wouldn't marry him either. He has these ambiguous relationships, doesn't cleanly cut off any of them and only apologies after someone else informs him he was in the wrong. Then there's his parents, Ah Ri already dislikes Producer Na's brown nosing and pettiness and Geum Sook's snobby behaviour and then to tell her to marry him when they'll probably live with his parents right next door to her producer who wants to marry Junsoo and has threatened her multiple times is crazy. She'd eventually end up bitter while Junsoo would probably ask her to endure saying he gave up being single for her. Sure Ahri gets mad first but look at Junsoo? Being rational has got him sold off in an unwanted engagement. He's not a keeper. Please return him in the box he came in. I'm not slagging you by the way, I just think it's unrealistic to expect Ahri to marry Junsoo after the way he acted. I think the scriptwriter has a few loose screws too.

12 hours ago, lysanderayumi said:

Why should she respect his opinion when from the start he said he wouldn't take responsibility and asked if it's really his? And he tried to give her consolation money as if she was a call girl.

I hate such situations, because girls always had more time to think about pregnancy. Ah Ri had time to think herself, to ask her friend, to think herself once again. But she gave JS only few minutes and was waiting for his acceptable decision. 

I don't want to defend him, but he was shocked and she was aggressive. She still is aggressive. He is not a sweet and great guy, but he is not that bad either. They both need to calm down and talk, but Ah Ri rejected him and he has nobody to help or advice. He is also alone with this problem, not only Ah Ri.

Wait what I am reading in this page. Why are many so biased towards JS ? Specially after knowing his history . That guy was already ditched by woman he loved for years and his parent are total nutjob.

We have been expecting too much from him knowing that he and Ahri don't even know each other well. Neither of them are in each others good books ! Both are highly prejudiced towards each other. One fine night they blackout together, a biology happens.  Ashamed they both decide to forget . But a kid happens ! Ahri thinks and overthink and then decided to tell JS . One got days to ponder and another just few minutes. I agree with @airgelaal. JS was shocked and aggravated . So we cannot expect him to be rational all of a sudden. But he did come to senses once he thought over it again. He is doing the best he can. As for his parents . Let's stop blaming him for their actions just the way we cannot blame Ahri for her parents reaction. 

Now coming to Ahri. I fully understand why she is not able to accept JS. That guy has loads of crazy people on his back. He has an awkward snobbish personality , an infamous ex fiance and a high profile suitor. Plus he has over the mars  parents ! No normal girl would like to have him . She can keep the baby coz it's her part but keeping it's father will be difficult. 

That's why them getting married just for child is not at all good idea. Don't know how actually this drama is reflecting Korean culture. But since it's a fiction. I would like writer to explorer more ideas. Like first JS and Ahri must move out of their parents house. JS since he is capable can financially support Ahri till baby is born and later on till she starts working again. If possible JS  and Ahri try their best to emotionally support each orhet. JS can move in with Ahri as well if he really wants live the moments as a father till baby is born.

Later on they can think if they want to live together or go separate ways . It's not always necessary that  you fall in love coz you have kids together. Those who expect so don't actually know how complex human relationships can be

7 minutes ago, shana0127 said:

Now coming to Ahri. I fully understand why she is not able to accept JS. That guy has load of crazy people on his back. He has an awkward snobbish personality , an infamous ex fiance and a high profile suitor. Plus he has over the mars  parents ! No normal girl would like to have him . She can keep the baby coz it's her part but keeping its father will be difficult. 

And I can't understand, what Ah Ri wants from JS. I think, she herself doesn't know. So how could JS know?

JS doesn't want to marry Ah Ri not because of who she is (the way his mother thinks) or because he is that irresponsible (as her mother thinks), but because he dislikes the idea of marriage. And I can't blame him for that as he has his reasons. But anyway he was trying hard to solve the problem, so AH Ri and his child would be safe. As I see it, JS wants to support and help Ah Ri, but she rejects him all the time. What else could he do? I understand Ah Ri, she has so much on her plate, but JS is not her enemy. It's ok not to marry him, but she must decide what to do with him. Ignoring is not an option.

15 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

And I can't understand, what Ah Ri wants from JS. I think, she herself doesn't know. So how could JS know?

JS doesn't want to marry Ah Ri not because of who she is (the way his mother thinks) or because he is that irresponsible (as her mother thinks), but because he dislikes the idea of marriage. And I can't blame him for that as he has his reasons. But anyway he was trying hard to solve the problem, so AH Ri and his child would be safe. As I see it, JS wants to support and help Ah Ri, but she rejects him all the time. What else could he do? I understand Ah Ri, she has so much on her plate, but JS is not her enemy. It's ok not to marry him, but she must decide what to do with him. Ignoring is not an option.

Excuse me but Junsoo had a lot of time to think about it. Ahri told him what two days after she find out? Also we’re biased towards Junsoo and Ahri keeps rejecting him? Junsoo has emotional baggage but so what? He’s an adult, Ahri has a mother who’s just died and a sister depending on her and now now she’s carrying this baby that he even had the gall to ask if it’s her. Even Junsoo’s own mom thought he was an RickRoll'D until she found out it was her son. That’s hugely telling. Also I resent your comment that girls have a lot more time to think. Of course they do because they’re the ones who are actually carrying the child and more often than not the father runs off. Especially in Korean culture. She’s under no obligation to suddenly work things out with Junsoo because he suddenly decided to take responsibility. She’s seen how wishy washy and has no time for it. If Junsoo had said from the start okay I take responsibility she’d be fine with him. But he didn’t and he continued to have an ambiguous relationship with Bora and hear about his future marriage every day at her workplace. Like please actually think about all the nuances of that rather than saying we have a hard on for Junsoo.

20 hours ago, lysanderayumi said:

They're cursing her out that she seduced her sister's man and won't get an abortion. None of the comments are about her not marrying Junsoo. Why should she respect his opinion when from the start he said he wouldn't take responsibility and asked if it's really his? And he tried to give her consolation money as if she was a call girl. If someone acted the way Junsoo and his family do to Ahri, would you marry him? You must be very patient. Also why does she have to understand her mom's worries? Her mom isn't the one who'll have her body and wrecked. I feel like she did say that though, she said mom I'm your daughter Shin Ah Ri and I'm tough and Hae Shim went still I know better. Regarding her marrying Junsoo, the way Junsoo presents himself I wouldn't marry him either. He has these ambiguous relationships, doesn't cleanly cut off any of them and only apologies after someone else informs him he was in the wrong. Then there's his parents, Ah Ri already dislikes Producer Na's brown nosing and pettiness and Geum Sook's snobby behaviour and then to tell her to marry him when they'll probably live with his parents right next door to her producer who wants to marry Junsoo and has threatened her multiple times is crazy. She'd eventually end up bitter while Junsoo would probably ask her to endure saying he gave up being single for her. Sure Ahri gets mad first but look at Junsoo? Being rational has got him sold off in an unwanted engagement. He's not a keeper. Please return him in the box he came in. I'm not slagging you by the way, I just think it's unrealistic to expect Ahri to marry Junsoo after the way he acted. I think the scriptwriter has a few loose screws too.

Also not agree about that marriage, first reason because there's no love, if they married only because of that baby, with that kind of condition, Ari would be suffering more.

What I asked for Ari was calm. She wanted to keep her baby, for my own opinion, she should be honest to her dad first, even though the concequency might be worse, but as I said there's no ex-dad-daughter.

If Ari didn't want Junsu and wanted to fight for her baby, she should be brave and honest first. Don't be witty and mad only with Junsu only.

True that you can’t blame JS alone but he was also being irresponsible and the way he dealt with the matter was cold and heartless. His parents could also have a hand at how he was like seeing how his mom overglorifies him and the women like bora and ms. witch treated him like a super attractive perfect god, same with the audience. Though having dealt with Korean audience before I can say I shouldn’t be too surprised at how they are like. I find it hypocritical that they badmouth AR all the time but forget that she’s still reeling from her mother’s death, and filling in her mother’s role to Byeori while also being her sister. Meanwhile JS said AR was cold-hearted and cruel when she “aborted” her baby....when he literally tried to pay her off like she was some filthy prostitute. He’s a hypocrite, and a jerk, but I can see why he grows up like that with his parents.

Just watched episode 56 and Bora is the worst person ever, she told Ahri she can't give up on Junsoo, told Ahri Junsoo said he didn't' like her and told Ahri's dad that she's pregnant. I actively dislike Bora now, she's not just immature she's cruel, really is her father's daughter. I hope Ah Ri's dad would at least take her side but I doubt it. I have no idea how Bora thinks she could marry Junsoo when everyone knows what he's done and the fact that Sunny wants to marry him.

Wow!  This show has the most vile people. Everyone in Won Tae Weasel’s household is just plain loathsome and disgusting.  Junsoo’s parents are using him as a pawn just for their financial gain.  And I understand why Bora would be upset but she is so pathetic and spoiled.  What is wrong with these people?  
Ahri is being attacked from all sides.  She’ll probably end up having a miscarriage with all the stress and bullying.  Should I continue to watch?  

15 minutes ago, EK8 said:

Wow!  This show has the most vile people. Everyone in Won Tae Weasel’s household is just plain loathsome and disgusting.  Junsoo’s parents are using him as a pawn just for their financial gain.  And I understand why Bora would be upset but she is so pathetic and spoiled.  What is wrong with these people?  
Ahri is being attacked from all sides.  She’ll probably end up having a miscarriage with all the stress and bullying.  Should I continue to watch?  

I think their attacks would help JS realize faster what he have to do.  So now he has no reasons to go to that meeting. Well done, Bora.

But, all those people... No comments...

I was going to post over the weekend that I still liked Bora but after today's episode even I can't say that any longer.  However, I don't like Ahri either as she makes terrible decisions and lies to people repeatedly.  If this doesn't hit bottom pretty soon not sure how much longer I'll watch.

Not trying to defend Ahri but I can see why she was they way she was. She’s still fairly young but had to cope with lots of things and plus the way JS treated her. That’s not doing well for her mentally, it will impact her physically too. So i understand why she’s flawed, but I still wish that she gets through her trials. AS FOR BORA, WHAT’S YOUR EXCUSE, RickRoll'D?

slap GIF

She had everything handed to her on a silver platter, everyone puts her on a golden pedestal and treats her like she’s a perfect woman, just like JS. If anything I hate her the most now, more than JS and ms. witch, bcs even though they disgust me to the bone, I can still see why JS and witch producer became the way they were, Bora is just an entitled, selfish, narcissistic brat (I feel like i’ve been saying that a lot) and no one called her out for the way she acted! I agree that everyone in this drama is turning into vile excuses of garbage resembling human beings. Poor Byeori, she’s the only last remaining ray of light for this drama but she can’t save it.

Ugh writernim..... you had one job jus one dang job. How it the heavens could you put all these horrid people in one place. You could have saved Bora but instead you really took her down this route. Same way JS's cow of a mother looks down on Hae Shim''s daughters is the same way Bora looks down her nose at Ah Ri and she's been enable by her parents.

People need to understand Ah Ri was raised by a male who himself has admited to his neglect and she didnt have that feminine influence around her, so she's always been "rough around the edges" and missed out that nuturing during an important period in her development. She would have had to fend for herself a lot more than Bora ever had to and needed the protection of that tough exterior camouflage a lot more too. Pops was tough on her then and still is as he doesn't know another way it's hardwired into him now, which is sad as we can see his nuturing side when it comes to his wife, step daughter and even little Byeori. I would credit HS for drawing out that side of him. He really needs someone to slap some sense into him and hit the rest button on how he deals with Ah Ri. She's  gonna need him to fight her corner this one time but writernim will no doubt stick to him be a bit of twat when dealing with Ah Ri.

As for Bora she just confirmed that we all peg her correctly from the beginning. She a selfish entitled mare sitting on a pedestal built up by folks like her parents but it's all so hollow. JS need to straight up crush her, like you don't even register as a woman to me, I find nothing about you attractive and I wouldn't even glimpse in your direction even if the survival of the species depended on it. Proper crush her and end that nonsense.  Dae Ro best run while he still can <_<

No point talking about the others.... the still being their turdy selves, and Byeori still being a sweetie. Think we've reach the come here check the posts from you lovelies before deciding whether to watch as there's just too many people I wanna punch on my screen. Keep posting lovelies <_< 

Definitely a train wreck of a drama and a bad message. They’re advocating for having a child no matter what even if it means the child does not grow up with a father and is hated by his entire side just because “she wanted the child.” It’s a bit selfish if you ask me and pushes the pro-life mindset Koreans have with their super conservative values. So basically the takeaway is have a kid no matter what because otherwise you’re an awful person even if it makes more sense realistically. Also saying it’s ok to manipulate the other side with the threat of having a child. They’re treating the guy as if he’s doing something heinous for not wanting to marry a woman he’s not interested (same vice versa) just because she has his child. And not to mention how the pair doesn’t like each other so it’s forcing people to think if you have a child, you HAVE to get married even if it means you will be in an eternally unhappy marriage and the child will grow up poor and sad. The FL is poor and can barely afford for her and her sister and she just got started in her dream job yet she’s holding onto the child no matter what, how is this logical or even representative of reality at all? Talk about punishing the woman for being in a relationship and an accident baby occurring especially with the heavy stigma of being a single mom in Korea. Saying that you should be punished and be forced to live res of life unhappy and have the child because “it’s the right thing to do.” This does not sit well with me at all. 

Archived