[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

Okay this is my stab at why the murder of GT’s mom happened.  ST has the bag which says SeongJin Welfare Home.  I think this is where he stays in the day (gets cared for) whilst his mother works.  Whilst GT is at school probably?  His mom then says this as she walks him home,

“ST I have to work late from now on. So you’ll have to go home with GT.“

Then as MY’s mom stabs her, MY’s mom says this,
“I didn’t get to say this earlier, it is me who will take care of my child.”

Initially I thought she meant earlier BEFORE I stabbed you.  But what if GT’s mom was hired to work in the Castle by MY’s dad?  Hence her “I have to work late from now on”.  Maybe to look after MY?  So earlier meant at the Castle.  GT’s mom may have “touched” MY?  Whom MY’s mom felt was hers alone.  “I don’t like it when people touch my things? “  Which is why MY’s mom gave her the ultimatum, “I will take care of my child.” As if to imply that she felt threatened that GT’s mom was looking after My?  So she didn’t just kill someone random who the dad knew nothing about.  She killed the housekeeper?  And he would find out because he knew GT’s mother (as the housekeeper).  And he killed MY’s mom as a result (he thought of her as a monster).

Initially I thought the murder had to do with GT visiting but it’s too big of a reach.  That’s why she let ST go with just a warning.  He wasn’t a threat to her.  He never touched her things?

I still think the lady in the basement is POR who has taken on the identity of MY’s mom.  She’s a theatre actress.  It would be her greatest act.

• Like 4

I had a nightmare lmao. Never was with any dramas. 

I rewatched IOTNBO again for clues and theories, only to fall asleep.

Then, I dreamt about Moon Young standing from afar, watching a kid playing with Sang Tae. She opens up a book with the beginning page saying "To our cherished family". She started to cry until Sang Tae and the kid came by

" Omma, why are you crying?" 

ST: "It's okay. It's okay. Do you miss him? Dont cry. Later on he will also cry. It's okay. It's okay"

MY: "Yes. Little bit. How about we visit your father today after this and tomorrow we asked Ju Ri and Sang In to go to amusement park" 

ST and kid: " Alright. Yes" 

And then they standing in front of Gang Tae grave(?), putting some flowers. 

MY (as background voice): Are you happy? I am content with Sang Tae and our child here. I am sorry if I cannot do the best but I am trying.

Then, I woke up drenched in sweat. 

So, Gang Tae died saving Sang Tae/Moon Young???? 

When did he beds MY??? LMAO

RickRoll'D. I had the flashbacks from Its Okay, Its Love.

Too much kdramas nowadays. I need to calm my heart with B99 or Modern Family 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 5
  • LOL 1

Thinking about Episode 4..."You also won't be able to understand me until the day you die." I am legit afraid for the last four episodes. Its okay...to not be okay...no its not okay...you can't ruin my summer! Its already bleak enough!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JungRok said:

I had a nightmare lmao. Never was with any dramas. 

I rewatched IOTNBO again for clues and theories, only to fall asleep.

Then, I dreamt about Moon Young standing from afar, watching a kid playing with Sang Tae. She opens up a book with the beginning page saying "To our cherished family". She started to cry until Sang Tae and the kid came by

" Omma, why are you crying?" 

ST: "It's okay. It's okay. Do you miss him? Dont cry. Later on he will also cry. It's okay. It's okay"

MY: "Yes. Little bit. How about we visit your father today after this and tomorrow we asked Ju Ri and Sang In to go to amusement park" 

ST and kid: " Alright. Yes" 

And then they standing in front of Gang Tae grave(?), putting some flowers. 

MY (as background voice): Are you happy? I am content with Sang Tae and our child here. I am sorry if I cannot do the best but I am trying.

Then, I woke up drenched in sweat. 

So, Gang Tae died saving Sang Tae/Moon Young???? 

When did he beds MY??? LMAO

RickRoll'D. I had the flashbacks from Its Okay, Its Love.

Too much kdramas nowadays. I need to calm my heart with B99 or Modern Family 

I really hate this scenario ... No offense tho, I have no bad amen with you. 

But I really can't bring myself to watch this drama if the ending is a sad one. I can't even bring myself to watch Goblin last episode because I knew it won't end well.

Let me guess trouble brewing in ep 13. Moon Young distanced herself from Gang Tae and Sang Tae. I think that is in the end of the episode 13 - the revelation. I would believe Sang Tae will be the one who reunites them in Ep 14. 

Ep 15 - the truth and hidden past revelations. The baddie came out. It turns out the bad guy is the Director of the Hospital (?) Lmao. 

Ep 16 - sweet moments. Book released. SangSangIn Publishers is not bankrupt anymore. Moon Young have to stay in Seoul for book promotions. Sang Tae also went there. It would be his first time to be far away from Gang Tae a long time/distance.

Time skip - Gang Tae is waiting at a flower hill. Sang Tae is playing with butterflies. Moon Young is writing a new idea for her book. She said she wanted to try write a novel instead. Gang Tae would say "SarangHae" and then Deep Kiss. Sang Tae interrupts saying "DIRTY. Did you brush your teeth before kissing" 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, softestfairy said:

Does anyone know how long this week's episodes are? Can't believe there's only 4 more left. It would be nice if they're all almost 2 hours long lol 

Netflix shows 82 Minutes for Episode 13 and 78 Minutes for Episode 14. Though don't trust that too much since it doesn't translate directly to the running time of each episode.

• Like 1

:transforms:

Hello! I'm a new lurker and decided to make my post today as this drama have only 4 episodes left. Apart from the genius storytelling and concept, and undeniable cinematography of this drama, Mun Yeong's character is the reason I've loved IONTBO since episode 1. I don't read a lot of forums and reviews, so I don't know how kdrama fans received her, but I understand her 100%

I'm just here to express my expectations on how we'll finally know her story the last few episodes. This may be an unpopular opinion, but she has been through traumatizing childhood as well, imagine living with a (what seems to be) narcissistic and (possibly) sociopath parent (whether biological or step) and then being left with a mentally ill father who's probably been admitted to the hospital early in her life. For now, it seems, she grew up with no specific purpose in life, unlike Gang Tae. I also hope they show how Mun Yeong grew up, was she on her own? Was there a caretaker? No hints of that and for me it's a major hole in the plot. There has to be some story to fill in there, to solidify Mun Yeong's character growth.

Sorry for the shippers out there, skip this part. This is just my speculation:

MY leaving GT after learning her mother may have some kind of involvement in the Moon brothers' mom's death is a major turning point for her character development. We always see MY just taking whatever she likes because of her disorder, but speaking as someone who have this problem, it's a significant growth to see Mun Yeong, cutting ties with GT as the greatest act of love. She wants him more than anything, in fact have him in her hands, but this time she learns that letting go is another way to demonstrate love. This image, to me, is a strong message that Mun Yeong finally learns why Jae-Kwang decided to go back to the hospitalShe'll be left alone again, but this time, she has all the muscle memory of how GT loved her, and she's able to apply it on her own without feeling too lonely.

She's cut ties with her mom when Gang Tae became prominent in her life, now she's cutting ties with Gang Tae to learn to love herself. After all these, MY and GT will find their roads intertwined again, but this time they are better people for each other. I expect them to still find each other in the end because there's just too many connections from the past, to present and future (ST is MY's illustrator after all).

Again, it's all my speculation, and I'm quite emotionally attached to Mun Yeong's character seeing my old self and how I overcame some unhealthy habits she has now. I am for a healthy, healing happy ending!

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

After spending some time reading about people theory, I’m in full support of @__jesse theory.  I don’t think MY and ST are sibling mainly because it’ll be too much of a sadistic of the writer to treat KT that way.  First of all, he spent his whole life thinking this mom gave birth to him just so he can be ST’s caretaker and he only realized recently that it’s not.  Secondly, he has just found his happiness and the will to live a normal life, wanting and having things that he likes.  Lastly this is a healing drama so it’s about our 3 leads overcome their childhood trauma and found their own happiness. 

As to MY will leave KT as MY character development that people kept on mentioning.  I do hope that it’s not true.  She said it before and through her actions that she faces everything head on so if by making MY leave KT, it’s not really within her character.  MY is somewhat selfish and a lot of her decision are not based on emotion.  She only becomes a bit more considerate because of KT and for KT only, plus she’s a little too possessive of him to just do noble sacrifice.  

• Like 8

On 7/28/2020 at 11:17 AM, __jesse said:

I have a wild theory that POR is Do Hee Jae’s twin sister, and the real murderer was POR, not DHJ. But it could well be me grasping at straws, hoping that MY’s mom didn’t kill KT’s mom.

Based off what you said, I'm thinking maybe KMY and MST are cousins not siblings...

2 hours ago, GlowWithTheFlow said:

Does anyone know if there will be a Director’s Cut Dvd for this show?

They are trying to gauge how many people would be interested in either the Blu-Ray/DVD Director’s Cut - please sign up (no purchase is required at this moment)! 

Praying that there will be a large international audience so English subtitles will be added too

https://m.cafe.daum.net/tvnpsychodvd/AcKM/2?svc=cafeapi&

• Like 2