[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

Wow just watched today's episode. I am loving this drama week to week. I am just LOVING how they are tackling the story and the mental disorders of people along with it. Spoilers alter!

Spoiler

The best part of this drama for me is easily how MY is becoming the one to get along with ST. I feel like she might be the one that really understands him, more than even KT. ST working as her illustrator is so brilliant, and I am so looking forward to all three of them living together. 

Given how much ST likes MY, I would not actually be surprised if there is a little jealously on KT's side. I know KT loves his brother and vice versa, but for all three of them to be truly happy, KT also has to acknowledge some of his resentment and anger. 

• Like 11
  • Love 3

@Ahpheng ok gotcha I just followed you!

omg I cannot wait to see this episode

omg from the short clips and preview 

ST likes I guess MY place and doesn’t want to leave 

-manager doesn’t look too keen on the bros staying with MY

-MY with JR on rooftop, JR slapping MY

MY was egging her on but did mutter he was mine first lol, saying she Loved him and just wondered about JR definitely liking him but shocked it was JR home and her suggestion KT moved there and worked at Ok hospital for her to conclude oh you like him (no duh lol)

- MY totally flirting by and KT backed up just not knowing what to say and the censored condom very epic (i would looked like that guy watching them )

Excited to see the episode 

Edited by Nodame
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I've read alot of comments here&on YouTube &they all have been very positive. I'm enjoying the drama more so in last couple episodes. I've been kind of surprised noone else has mentioned how thin he is in the drama. I think he's normally very attractive so Idk if it's the haircut/style in this particular drama or the fact that he's so thin& gaunt but it's almost distracting to me. I know the Korean culture is very obsessed with looks and being physically fit but I personally think most of the actors look better when their faces and bodies are little fuller and healthier looking. Like Hyun Bin in CLOY ....mind you he's always gorgeous but even more so there than say SG. She on the other hand is IMO absolutely stunning here. I've never thought of her as particularly beautiful although she did have her own unique look that worked. But this by far the prettiest she has ever been. Can't wait for next episodes!

• Like 9

This show seems to go by so fast and by the time the end of the episode comes, I’m like nooooo.... but at least we get tomorrow’s episode :).

my thoughts re ep 5

Spoiler

The first bit at the ‘Bates Motel’ and ‘staying over’ were excellent -  so funny and oh they are sizzling re chemistry. I laughed out loud several times this episode from the ‘Kick the door close my scene to the bankruptcy of the publishers - just how the director made it so numerous to the head Dr getting chased by ST. BTW, I hope one day the ‘Suicide’ writer guy gets exposed for being the pervert sexual predator that he is too. 

KT sees through MY too. That hand to the cheek and him telling her that she is the zombie kid seeking warmth was spot on! She finally is taken back and it was a very meaningful scene since it demonstrates that MY can change and that they both can help each other. The potential is there...

I was actually surprised that Ju Ri went HARD slapping MY! I like gasp but then remember how the head nurse warned about her letting her emotions get to her. Karma is fast since KT shut her down so fast ( girl never had a chance)....

My heart kinda rugged hard when KT told ST that he was everything and that he would chose him over MY. ST knows a lot more than KT thinks he knows and it will be very interesting next episode when ST works for MY and both have to move into the castle.

And ah ha KT knew MY was the girl all along. I knew he knew but was trying to understand why he didn’t tell her and it makes their bed talk have a whole different layer. Especially now that he admits he was a coward and we see that MY pushed him away to probably protect him from her mom?!?! 

ok need to sleep and will be back to read everyone’s thoughts tomorrow am

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

sooooo, the shadow of death that followed MY was her mother all along? dammnn also i teared up a little when she was all excited to meet lil GT but had to send him away :(((

ALSOOO why didn't Juri have friends growing up? 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

hiiii everyone i just finished ep 5!!! a lot happened but there's really this one thing niggling in my head and would love to hear your thoughts:

Spoiler

who do you guys think that woman was who pulled KT aside to talk on the benches outside the hospital???

(idk why i have this thought that what if that's MY's mom??? but i know the pieces don't fit because she's supposed to be this evil witch trapped somewhere in the castle... but at the same time everything abt MY's mom has been a mystery thus far?? what if the story's just building her up to seem a certain way to the audience and then it turns out it's completely not what we expected??? anything's still possible at this point tbh...KT just rejected JR too so that woman referring to setting up KT with her 'daughter'...would another girl be introduced to make MY jealous? since the patient is in the psych ward, she could also be having delusions so maybe she believes that someone (maybe MY) is her daughter? HAHAAHA imsorry im really just sounding off my thoughts here it's just weird how that scene got a lot of air time so it must be important!)

• Like 11
  • Love 1

On 6/29/2020 at 3:08 PM, UnniSarah said:

There is another scene when she first night she spent at the mansion, there was a voice over about how she should stay away from the Prince ( MGT) or else she will kill him. I think that may have also played a part in what she did to the butterfly to make him runaway because she wanted to protect him. I might be wrong. There might also be a major trauma with butterflies because at the hospital, she was drawn to the butterfly. 
I watched all 4 episodes this weekend and it was very intense. I almost passed this drama up.  I also don’t think she has antisocial personality disorder, but I am not a expert. I can see she doesn’t know about emotions but it is her parents fault. I feel the father played a major role in that department. She also has a big trauma, I wonder how many times has he tried to kill her

Today's Overall Impact of Episode was the Most Lightest one but makes your Heart Ache for the Love not understood between KT-MY. KT is THE BACHELOR OF THE TOWN, everyone wants Him. LOL. I did not like JR and the crying bambler jeesh. 

But The flashback at the end with MY, makes me wonder , Was MY really Born with Antisocial Disorder? I mean it is heavily Implied that her Mother had some issues but I am at this point not entirely Sure of MY being Born Heartless!! 

BlueBEARD?? Really??? MY will go to any lengths to keep KT, Does that mean she is making a Sacrificial Lamb out of ST??? Why do I have a feeling tomorrow episode ain't gonna be Light in any manner!!! 

Also this show's end is gonna make me Cry a River, How can They get a Satisfactory version of Happy Ending ??? Unless they throw Logic Out or MY/KT realigns themselves it seems difficult.

This show is Guns and Roses at the very same time.

:foryou::ok:

• Like 10
  • Love 3

Finally will watch episode 5. Can't wait, I am literally shaking.

Honestly, it's been a long time since I felt that way for a drama or movie.

:cutekitty:

Second time there is a statue of kissing people in the drama. First was at the castle, now at the motel.

Hints. Hints everywhere. :D 

Ahahh, the scene at the motel's reception is everything. Reception guy mood, though, relatable. :D

• Like 11
  • Love 2

I'm totally satisfied with Ep 5. Apart from exploding chemistry between the two main actors, I must say kudos to the actors who play Jae Su and Chae Jung (not sure if I recall her name correctly, but she's the director's assistant), the two scenes made me lmao are when Jae Su came to asked KT for dinner and when the assistant slapped her boss :Megalol:

So excited for tomorrow ep, it seems like KT will move in with her to the cursed catsle

• Like 13
  • Love 2

My heart ached for MY when KT took her hand and placed his to her cheek to offer her warmth. And its even more significant when it was revealed that he knew all along who she was. It felt like a mini apology for being a coward and running away when he was a kid.

• Like 11
  • Sad 3

Why I feel that KT jealous from ST-MY relationship that’s why he didn’t want MY to get close from his brother 

it’s like he has fear deep inside his heart that his brother may take MY love’s from him like he take there mother love 

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 5

I'll never get tired of repeating how extraordinary this drama is.

But this time, as a person who is into acting, I would like to praise both KSH's & SYJ's acting skills. They were beyond incredible in this episode in building the conflicting emotions of their characters. Yes, KMT was at the centre of this episode but KSH would not have built such a variety of emotions if it wasn't for the support of SYJ.

I am so beyond amazed how this drama manages to get through every single layer of emotion in just around an hour per episode. We saw laughter, sexual tension, reminiscence, brotherly love, friend's support, friends' rivalry, love dilemma and rejection, mysteries and ghosts, childhood memories and traumas, first love, eternal love. All in one episode. Not gonna lie, I got chills several times during the episode and, as mentioned, it was mainly due to the acting skills of the leads. Previously we've noticed the great cinematography and the aesthetically pleasing visuals and transitions. This time they were seemingly put aside (not being totally absent though - there was the transition with the fence of the cursed castle), to give priority to the actors. And they literally carried the episode on their shoulders - not only KSH & SYJ of course, all the supports too. Feels so good to watch such quality acting, really.

Something important I noticed - the smile of the little KMY when she ran to her "prince". She was genuinely happy that he was there, that he was not scared of her, that she would be saved. But her mother stopped her. Her mother actually created the "monster" she turned out to be. We finally have the answer.

Just thinking of that final scene is making me shiver. The acting, the visuals... let's not forget, the music (yet once again, what an OST!)... everything is perfect. Everything. I am really so beyond thankful for having the chance to watch this chef-d'oeuvre. :wub:

• Like 12
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 1

16 minutes ago, saya2 said:

Why I feel that KT jealous from ST-MY relationship that’s why he didn’t want MY to get close from his brother 

it’s like he has fear deep inside his heart that his brother may take MY love’s from him like he take there mother love 

I will have to Paraphrase, Yes KT does have Insecurities over MY and ST but.

A. It is because he does not TRUST MY when it comes to ST, as he knows MY is not empathetic enough for ST.

B. Also It's not that MY will fall for ST leaving KT but quite possibly because the more He falls for MY, the more ST gets Jealous and will end up ruining MY/KT relationship, Since KT has to priotitize ST always He will AGAIN HAVE TO RUN AWAY FROM MY or Ruin his relationship with his BROTHER.

C. MY will NEVER LOVE ST, So no question of taking KT's affection away like their mother , MY at the most can only take advantage of ST making him as a bait to TRAP KT.

• Like 10

From the beginning, at the Bates Motel (NICE "Psycho" homage) when MY perfectly turns GTs words back on him from the previous episode, and lays bare his obvious caring - to the end - when we find out that the young GT, after initially running away, changed his mind and went back for her, to her obvious pain, running down the stairs in her excitement to see him, only to be stopped by her mother.

... and the whole time, MY thought he didn't know who she was - and that OST when he arrives and sees her on the balcony... just WOW!

This is by far the best episode yet!

More Please!  :blush:

• Like 9
  • Love 7

6 hours ago, cenching said:

@bairama

I am watching Dinner Mate, also with similar mental illness theme like this one. Started great and after 4 episodes left, it started goes downhill. I am really hoping it won’t happens here.

This is absolutely my kind of drama....SYJ is one hell of an actress, not to mention gorgeous. 

You're right. This is why I like IOTNBO.

IOTNBO and Dinnermate are two dramas tackle mental health, but there's a very big difference. IOTNBO presents a disorder for what it is and draws several mixed reactions from the audience. Moon-young's actions are not something to tolerated, yet we empathize with her character. But the way Dinnermate presented Jae-hyuk was different. They showed him as a creep boyfriend, and by the time they give us the reason why he is like that, the show has reached a point where it is very difficult for the viewer to empathize with his struggles. Both Moon-young and Jae-hyuk did not have healthy childhood, but hte way their characters were handled were clearly different.

I am not defending IOTNBO if ever it has misrepresentations of any disorders or mental illnesses. I am just stressing out what everyone else has been repeating: This drama is one of a kind because it tries to break the stigma that is usually associated with the portrayal of mental health problems.

• Like 16
  • Insightful 1

31 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

This is by far the best episode yet!

I am saying this after every single episode. :D Sometimes, during the episode, I tell myself: "No, this one is a bit weaker, definitel-..." And then something incredible happens, I am open-mouthed, and always exclaim: "This episode is the best one so far. GIMME MORE!" :D :wub:

• Like 8
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1