[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

@Kaizen68 I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. What made me believe Ik jun is still hung up on his first love is when Jun wan said that IJ never chased after a girl first. It felt like he never loved anyone enough to chase after them post-songhwa heartbreak. He only dated those girls who approached him first? He is just not desperate to be in a relationship. Maybe I'm reading his character all wrong, idk, but I feel like he needs closure with song hwa, only then he will be able to move on. Or they can just date each other now. LOL. I'm all for second chances and friends turned to lovers drama. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

44 minutes ago, loveiskim said:

And i’m actually quite surprise that he immediately mention Ik jun when he knew that Songhwa was a campus couple :huh:

37 minutes ago, Kathy345 said:

I guess he can sense from the morning coffee Ik Jun gave to Songhwa on the day she got her biopsy? He was the only one who entered the room?

Exactly, my first thought after watching the scene for the first time & I was surprised that no one mentioned it here yet & I was about to write about it . 

Not only we the viewers but also Dr Ann was able to sense that SongHwa has some special feelings about Ik Jun. How he suddenly without hesitation said the name of Ik Jun. I mean he spends a whole day, sometime night shifts with Song Hwa, he always observes her relationship with her 4 friends. And vice versa(her 4 friends relationship with her) so he must have found some difference in behaviour of SongHwa towards Ik Jun & that's why pinpointed Ik Jun .

He knows how each friend take good care of Song Hwa then Only WhY Ik Jun came to his mind. WHY NO ONE ELSE?When Ik Jun gave coffee to SongHwa all 4 friends came to check on her, & Dr Ahn was there the whole time , then why he would name Ik Jun only, point him out only,on the basis of giving coffee to SongHwa?

I think right there we are given a big clue that yes the crush was mutual , not only on Ik Jun part & Song Hwa still has feelings for Ik Jun that even Dr Ahn noticed ( also in the previous ep , she was shown wearing the same hairband given by Ik Jun as a clue). And Dr Ahn noticed it out of his Rivalry sense. 

• Like 2

I thought Ik Jun's wife was the one who chased him for months before he married her. Also there was no actual hints he was neglecting his wife for his first love. He thought they were a long distance couple because of her work. There is no justification for infidelity. I mean she doesn't get a pass card to cheat because either he was pining or neglecting her.

I am not getting into any shipping talk this week. All I wanted to say is that all of them are freaking workaholics.  So much so I don't know how in the world they will fit in a personal life.

Then the next thing is that they are such good seniors. If only I had such understanding seniors when I graduated. They were brutal to us. Song Hwa is a very, very nice consultant. I have a definite soft spot for Ahn CH so I hope be gets a good ending.

The " fox " doctor drove me nuts as this is exactly what happens at work. My colleagues killed themselves laughing at my blunt speaking today so the patient's words hit me pretty hard. Somebody had been too soft and was being manipulated by a BPD.

I was cringing so badly in fear and suspense in the car I had to pause and rewind a few times. I laughed so much then IJ made me cry again.

And the nerd in me is crushing so much on how the writer hints at how academically clever IJ and Jeong Wan are. I was so envious.

I learnt 2 new things this week. 2 new and relatively rare conditions so I would call it a good week.  Take care and good night.

The Reply 1988 parents in episode 7 was my favourite family in that series by the way.

• Like 11
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, Kaizen68 said:

Even without having to be observant of him, we all can clearly see Jeong-won was holding back or hiding something. And he only behaved like that towards Jang Gyeo-ul. I believe we will find out more about him next week, regardless what it is. The preview made me really curious anyway. But somehow, I don't think Jeong Won had feelings for Song Hwa because his mother did the narrative. And the preview always misdirected.

I want Gyeol will be the one avoiding Jwon after being rejected (if that will happen) and then Jwon will receive the sign he is not meant to be a priest, his request will be decline or will not pass the ordain. Then realizing that he already felt something to Gyeol but still in denial.

By seeing the teaser they met outside the hospital i assume that would be the date Gyeol asking...we got how many episodes left?

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

So glad to see a lot of posts for this drama. I love to read all of your discussion. I really love this drama.  During this WFH, my Saturday night comes early, every Thursday night :D. After watching kdrama for more than 15 years, finally I found my favorit actor, Cho Jung Suk. Seeing Ik Jun here, made me watched all his drama.

Btw, I love the scene during their dinner in this episode. Jeong Won is really such an angel. When he refills the water bottle, he take his time to help the reataurant owner to bring the order for someone else (it's blurry, since the main scene is Seokhyong talk). 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

So the topic about cheating. Me myself as a married woman :grimace:

It's depends on yourself. If you're loyal, love your family then whatever happens or come cannot take you from your family. Lack of love or attention from the partner is just a lame excuses. Shame on you. I don't know, this is my take. It doesn't give you right to cheat or start an affair. 

Me, me too like captain ahn :blush: he's so cool auwwwww :heart::joy:

I like the way they kind of partnering the not-so-couple. They have a different personalities. Jang-jeong, seong-ahn, jun-ik and so on. And the residents. Smart, clumsy, cool, kind, sly etc. This is what we call reality. 

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, kiefshi1056 said:

By seeing the teaser they met outside the hospital i assume that would be the date Gyeol asking...we got how many episodes left?

@kiefshi1056 Hospital Playlist will air 12 EP in total so we have 5 EP remaining!

Need to mention that the cast crew sign for 2 seasons and they will start shooting season 2 later this year for 2021 air!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Kathy345 said:

@kiefshi1056 Hospital Playlist will air 12 EP in total so we have 5 EP remaining!

Need to mention that the cast crew sign for 2 seasons and they will start shooting season 2 later this year for 2021 air!

I just hope that writernim/directornm/pdnim will still cast Gyeol, Iksun probably also Mh in season 2 :D

• Like 3

and now... I like Ik jun x Yoon bok(twin med intern) LOL,

in ep 6 both like Zoo and now she talk casually to ik jun LOL

oh I'm crazy 

some people keep their marriage when their partner cheating, just to make sure no one happy.

and another, let go their ex, so their self can be happy.

what a life...

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@kokodus @Kaizen68 one thing I understand for information from the salon yesterday, that both of them never were single in the same time from the day he had crush on her , either one of them was dating or in relationships of married, or they were both in relationships so maybe this is the chance :wub:

Eeeeee yes, it's the perfect chance for them to rekindle their past love. C'mon Ik Jun ah, make your move, what are you waiting for? LOL. There is still captain Ahn though...I hate this because I love both of them....sighh. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@triplem they calling each other sweetie and baby :joy: @ktcjdrama check Chinese sub is it correct sub :D

I really like the friendship between these 5, they all support each other and at the same time they do not try to make a difference in the lives of one or the other they are respectful, also in their work a lot of chemistry; Jun wan and Jeong Won are very close and love to bicker

I'm just waiting to see more of the relationship between Song Hwa and Jeong Won, I liked that  in the car he left her up for her to sit in front, a real gentleman
For love stories I want to say, all these theories that I read are interrssantes, now I hope a little more resolution in the episodes  but with two seasons to come there will surely change

• Like 4
  • Love 1

As always many moving scenes . Theme for me this week was about moving on and three  particular scenes came to mind  which I liked very much

1. Ann Chi Hong’s  back story - how he turned a medical condition into a life & career changing moment. It was a warm & encouraging story for that young cop who’d probably have to give up his dream. Honestly, I love ACH more & more with every episode. He comes across  as steadfast & reliable . Non - flashy . Lol! The older I get the more I’m drawn to such characters in my k drama watching . Hmmm good candidate for Song Hwa :w00t::lol:
Oh I feel for him here ..

Spoiler

2. Ik Jun sharing his own divorce story with the liver patient . It’s not easy to forgive a cheating spouse . But I loved IJ’s advice about just letting it go & learning to care for yourself first . Bitterness will only consume you . ( Again , this is another good example of how Ik Jun always has a way with his patients, it’s no wonder he’s always popular with everyone) 
3. This brings me to SH’s mum. While I applauded her at that moment for pouring water on the mistress  & tormenting the dad further by refusing to divorce him , I do hope she’d let go soon. Not because the man deserves anything ( honestly he’s awful & shameless ) , but only because SH’s mum deserves to set herself free & be happy . 

I find  myself becoming so invested in the side characters & supporting casts as the weeks go. This was something that I had enjoyed in Prison Playbook , and I have to say this drama is turning out to be that way . Just a mention about  Min Ha . I like the actress who plays her because she had an awesome supporting role in The Diary of A Prosecutor ( another nice slice of life ) . I thought eps 7 showed us another positive side to her - she’s obviously the one putting in the hard work in the ob/ gyn department.  

1 hour ago, kiefshi1056 said:

I want Gyeol will be the one avoiding Jwon after being rejected (if that will happen) and then Jwon will receive the sign he is not meant to be a priest, his request will be decline or will not pass the ordain. Then realizing that he already felt something to Gyeol but still in denial.

i may be weird, the only one who think if JWon refused GW, then it's a good sign that JWon is actually swayed by her

or may be be swayed by her

If i remember correctly..from the nurse (ER Receptionist), JWon always accept others' request to but them meal

even just a male female in personal casual attire, not in groups...even then they are all still colleagues

But, the 1st sentence when GW asked him: sure..meal with others in group

The GW reinstated that her request was just 2 of them having a meal in casual attire

JWon's face freezed

So i think JWon didnt dare to share a personal meal  with GW cuz he might be feeling a bit swayed

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

I hope the rejection or the sign or result from catholic church Jwon asking/waiting will come first than the date Gyeol ask from, same day without Gyeol knowing that the result is out already she will cancel their date because of terrified and afraid what will be the outcome of the date :).  I want Jwon to miss /think of Gyeol :blush:

By the way  i saw SHwa eating Jwan's favorite chocolate, maybe Jwan is Shwa first love that why she like that chocolate too.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, kiefshi1056 said:

By the way  i saw SHwa eating Jwan's favorite chocolate, maybe Jwan is Shwa first love that why she like that chocolate too.

I think the chocolates are a PPL. Lol. They keep showing the chocolates in every ep like the Egg drop sandwiches. Haha. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Insightful 1

Hi guys! With OST for each episode, can we get also the drama version as OST? Or clips in YouTube? 

I love it that now JJS sings the songs in the drama. But I missed the kind of songs that Song Hwa sang, with her false tone! Haha. We will only have another 5 episodes in this season. I read there will be season 2 for this drama, right?

• Like 3