[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

Hello...

I can't wait for next episode... Waiting for 2 weeks is too long... *crying*

Anw, who do you think the Yulje doctor who getting injured at the last scene of ep 10? Do you guys think Ikjun? Almost everyone think that he is Ikjun.

Do you guys have any theory about Iksong related to the injury?

I'm waiting for the smart chingus here to share their views/theories...

I hope Iksong have happy ending in this season... Their love story is so tragic... I can't help my heart when thinking about Iksong... T.T

54 minutes ago, dusya_chashkina said:

Who is  DAddy Long Legs, i cant get it? 

It's Jeong Won's program to help the poor patients since season 1. But at the end of the season, as Jeong Won was planning to go to Italy (if i'm not wrong) to become Pastor, he asked SongHwa to continue his Daddy Long Legs program.

So, who is Daddy Long Legs? It is either JeongWon or SongHwa.

I believe it is IkJun who got hurt so i am writing following thoughts based on that. So read it bearing this fact in mind.

I SAW THIS COMING. When Ikjun was singing his head off .....

"no, i m not gonna live forever"

a thought struck my mind "is it foreshadowing for Ikjun , is he gonna die, is something gonna happen to him". And then this happened.

xI0fcqF.gif

I legit got scared....i thought" oh so it actually was foreshadowing and my my thought has become reality so soon". Because i legit thought some thing has happened to him and he is gonna collapse. But it was just to add some comedic touch in the scene. BUT nevertheless it was kinda foreshadowing what happened in the last scene.

And that call at the end.....even the ER person on the other side of the phone did not yet say that the patient was a Yulji doctor.  Every fiber in my being was SCREAMING it is ikjun, it is ikjun, it is ikjun.

Tbh this is not the fiirst time this thought hit me that ikjun will die at the end. Because he is such an angel and such good characters dont live long in stories and even in real life. I personally know atleast 1 person similar to Ikjun. Infact multiply Ikjun at least 3 more times then you will get that person...so humble, EXTREMELY energetic and creative, always there for friends ,the more purest of soul one can ever imagine in a gown human being....and he is LONG GONE unfortunately at a very young  age of just 28 years.  Another thought of him leaving Yulji and moving some where else has also hit me multiple times at different situations , for example, I remember in one of the last episode when Ikjun talking to his friend doctor on the phone about how it was very difficult for him to work at a small city hospital with less staff, a thought hit me that Ikjun might will move out of Yulji and this time it will be him who will leave just like Songhwa last season and this distance will be an eye opener for SW to realize and confess her true feelings to him. Though writer did not go that route might be because she had aleady written this plot line with SW moving to Sockcho.

Though i believe it is Ikjun who is injured so that SW might jerk up from her sleep and confess to Ikjun... i do not want it to be true. For multiple different reasons. 

No 1.....This is very cliche and ordinary. During these past 13 months the thought of Ikjun getting sick has crossed my mind hundreds of time. I have even read at least 2 fanfic involving this storyline where IJ gets sick temporarily and it pushes SW to confess, and i am sure there would be many more such fanfics involving this story line that i did not read.
BUT every time i thought NO this ACCLAIMED writer would not go this cliche route. Also she has already done that with SW breast cancer scare. So she would not like to repeat this same trope again on Ikjun. So a plot line that ordinary fan fic writers can pull off so easily,  this acclaimed , successful writer would not choose and would write some thing fresh, more convincing and more appealing. BUT i guess i was wrong in thinking that.

Secondly i simply do not want Ikjun to get hurt for his own sake and for Uju.

Thirdly Ikun is already hurting so much mentally and emotionally in SW love , the last thing i need is , him getting physically hurt as a push for SW to wake up.

Fourthly I do not want SW to get confessed just because of this scare but because she actually wakes up to her true feelings. Why IJ has to physically hurt to gain a response ? why cant it be don more naturally, more smoothly . For even which the writer has used 6-7 episodes already. The past filler episodes were enough to make SW realize gradually, naturally, instead of one big push in the shape of IJ hurting.  Writer could use those ep with scenes with SW realising, only if she had not dragged it so damn long in the name of writing slice of life.

BUT now as it has already happened, what is SCARING ME THE MOST.......Ikjun is injured in the head so writer puts him in COMA and that also in a long coma where in this season SW finally confesses to him in his coma state and he would only wake up in the 3rd season..... OH NO ....JUST PLZ NO.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Raynaa said:

- the accident I had read a fan predicting it and saying that It will be IkJun and would shake up SongHwa to confess also he won’t be able to donate his liver to IkSun later if the transplant happens and his parents would have to. But I really don’t believe the previews and I’m still not convinced if it’s Ikjun or someone else. 
- No wonder JeongWon had to change the lyrics from fall to Winter else he would be singing his potential wedding song for his brother in law. :joy:
- Seok Hyung applying to the US doesn’t make sense since he said he wants to make the most of every minute of his life. Now that he likes Min Ha why would he do that. Moreover, isn’t he running away again the same mistake he made in his past relationship? Again can’t trust the previews. 

We already know IJ can't be IS's donor because he had Hepatitis.

Assuming the one who got hit is IJ (I don't think so, though...), could it be that he will have a temporary amnesiac episode? The final scene seemed to emphasis on the victim's mental status and coherence. IJ was out having team dinner, maybe he was a little drunk? Maybe the perpatrator is Jang Young Seok? Hahahahaaa... But likely this is another misdirection.

Great actress pick for MH's mom. Her mannerism (and make up!) is just like her daughter! Her parents seemed wonderful and it looked like she had a healthy, happy upbringing. SHyung will settle well with that family.

I definitely think SHyung inviting MH out is misdirection. I think he is going to recommend her for the overseas training programme instead.

• Like 2

SH going to US......wow where did that just come from? Soooooo sudden, after establishing he is opening up and gonna accept Minha in his life, after being all so giddy and friendly with Minha, after hinting that he might accept Minha in his life soon....like how JW said" its a game over"....his new plan has come out of the left field. Totally unexpected .

For som reason i always thought that one of the friends would eventually leave Yulji and move out of this friend circle for some time and then would come back....and i always thought it would be Ikjun so that the distance could blow up the pent up feelings in SW for Ikjun and push her to confess. Besides SH was already overseas  in the beginning of the drama then why he is the one again leaving for abroad. 

But if i think back to that " game over" scene, his possibly going to US do not seem very unexpected .Because when i saw that game over scene i was skeptical as to why writer is giving us this confirmation beforehand, it would certainly minimize the element of surprise for when GomGom actually would happen. And writer would certainly not want that. I thought it was a trick and Gomgom is not going to happen so soon. And i guess with this reveal of him planning to go to US it confirms my suspicion.

In this case i am afraid Minha is not going on her first date with SH but instead going on her first and last date with SH. It is indeed a game over but not for SH but for poor Minha. Atleast for now, for this season.  Where he is treating minha for a proper closure. where he would tell her that you are a good lady and deserve a better person etc etc and might tell her personally that he is gonna leave for US soon, so do not wait for him etc etc. And hence after closing this off he would leave for US.

I don't know ....i am confused ...i think this can be one possibility but then why there is this DEJA VU scene in the episode where his mom asks what can she do to stop him JUST LIKE Rosa was questioning to herself in case of JW. And we all know what she did. SO....is SH mom gonna do the same trick ...after JW tells her that SH is interested in Minha so she might take this oppertunity.... BUT Minha is already not in her good books. Would she suck up her ego and beg Minha just like Rosa did to Geoul? 

I think this possibility has less chances to happen. Because

I strongly believe that we are heading for the 3rd season. And as this writer is so keen of parallelism ..the end of this season would parallel to the end of season 1 when

GomGom is gonna dragged to the next season where Minha has confessed already and SH is on denial mode......
just like IKjun confessed and Songwah was in denial mode last season.

Again it can be paralleled in case of the other situation where SH 's mom would request Minha...
Just like Rosa did to Geoul last season...........Though i am not sure what would be the result this time...would writer make that parallel to last season by making SH stay OR this time the result would be different and opposite. Where JW was not shown accepting Geoul openly, uncertainety was there but then just BOOM and he kissed her...on the other hand SH is shown chaging and accepting Minha openly and we are given that "game over" scene....but quite opposite to JW , SH just going to leave without confessing.

IKSONG would finally kiss or atleast would confess.
Just like Wintergarden last season.

Winntergarden for this remaining ep would finally public their dating and JW would might propose to Geoul but she would not accept or atleast would put the marriage on hold for quite some time......
Just like KJW proposed and IkSun was unsure and the actual marriage could not happen.

Bidulgi couple would settle up in the last 2 episodes and would fresh a new start in the next saason. For this couple i can not think of any parallel with season 1 right now though. But i thonk 3 parallel are more than enough to proof my point and for the writer to quench her thirst to write parallel story lines. hehehe.

• Insightful 2

Have the fans won against the writing team? Like have fan speculations been accurate for major plot lines scenarios or rationales?

I have an insane 5am wake up to drive my kids for Sat sports so no brain cells to speculate. 

SK's sudden US news was unexpected. In fact his meeting Minha's parents was an unexpected scene. Him asking her out was unexpected.

So I definitely surrender in the imagination department. I have no clue what is going through the writer's mind. All I know is I am not expecting romantic scene/news for this upcoming date. There is not one inch of me that expects a confession scene.

If I am wrong and he asks her to the US- there is no way that would happen- I would buy lottery tickets after episode 11. I don't buy lottery tickets normally.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

I never write anything about unrelated to the love line of iksong and unrelated to Ikjun because every one else write about it and i most of the time agree with every one else so nothing to write about  BUT this time around i NEED to talk about Geoul 's brother.... Many viewers are identifying the pain Geoul had to go through including me but very less are talking about her brother.... So i felt the urge to write about him specifically.... I am more heart broken for him than Geoul, as i guess JW has no issues at all with her family background and i believe Rosa also would not have very big concern about that.... so Geoul is lucky in this regard....but her poor brother....OMG my heart hurts for him soooooo much. He was sooooo broken hearted and on the verge of tears. Poor soul.

Why he has to pay the price for a crime he did not commit?...... For how long will he continue to suffer for this same reason?....... Will there be no one ever ready to accept him the way he is without considering his family background?.......Will there be no parents of a girl who would be soft and open hearted and open minded to accept him for thier daughter and for their family? Will he be forced to live alone forever because of this situation?....because this situation is not in his control...it never will be....the history of his father getting jailed can never be removed from people's mind even if he gets out of jail. His father will never change as he is drug addicted and it is already too late to be changed. What will he do? What should he do?

I can not even blame his gf for this ... parents influence can be crucial in eastern cultures.

I cannot blame her for her fear too. That she thinks "like father like son".

A few years back one of our private TV channels made a very good , meaningful drama on this same topic. Where on the surface every thing seemed so cool , right , calm and beautiful. The guy belonged to a rich family, well educated, handsome, had his own business , above all he claimed he loved the girl and this was a supposedly love marriage. Where initially every thing was perfect, a loving , care husband , kind in laws, plenty of money. only when she was able to observe  them closely it dawned on her how much messed up the family actually was . Her husband had a bad temper and could not control his anger and hit her multiple times...turned out his dad was the same to her mom in his childhood and adult hood. Alas his mom did not do any thing about it and he was raised in that situation ...but good for his wife who stood up against this stupidity and left him for forever.

I cannot blame for his would-be in laws even ...they must be worried for the safety of their daughter and rightly so. Who would not be worried in this situation.  

They are also valid for fearing in accepting an abusive, drug or alcohol addicted, bad tempered, father in law into their family. Who knows what tantrums, dramas, serious dangers and humiliations he would have brought upon their family. If he comes out of jail and his wife do not divorces him and he is still part of the family.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

SK's sudden US news was unexpected. In fact his meeting Minha's parents was an unexpected scene. Him asking her out was unexpected

I think this is just a ruse to make his mom comply with his desire. Its a game of chess. Fans on Twitter said it was WGarden Reversal, not parallelism. 

JWon told his mom a while ago about him being a priest. Without even meeting Gyeoul yet, but after meeting her, we saw some hesitations on his side. Until that night on Christmas. 

Seokhyung Mum likes to blabber and badmouthing behind the scenes. So she might be expressing her disappointment towards Minha(the incident) when she's meeting Seokhyung for dinner every weekend. SH, who began to realize that he likes her, could be he blurted out that he want to fly to the US.

Mama Rosa used a GF card to pin Jeongwon down. So SH might letting his mom to think that a GF card should be the same thing to pin him down.This is to let him to date anyone that he wants. 

One day or another, if they went for a date, and his mom saw it, this will be an oppurtunity for her to pin him down.

Seokhyung is not JERK or Brat though. Imagine to finally grant a wish that a girl longed for. And he knew she liked him so much and even had to bear for more than a year, getting rejections 4 times already. If he did that 1st and last date, that doesnt make sense.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 4

33 minutes ago, JungRok said:

Seokhyung is not JERK or Brat though. Imagine to finally grant a wish that a girl longed for. And he knew she liked him so much and even had to bear for more than a year, getting rejections 4 times already. If he did that 1st and last date, that doesnt make sense.

But then when you say Dr Yang tricked his Mom into thinking that he will be leaving for US is also considered a Jerk option somehow. He has seen his Mom go down the mental/emotional trauma drain and come back. His sister committed suicide, his Mom is not always Social and so He is the Only one left for her, now he says he will Leave for US ALONE to study as an excuse to date Min Ha does not make sense.

Yes he likes MinHa , but NOT enough to lie to his Mom IMO. Also the DATE has not happened, Dr Yang has already informed his Mom about the US study stuff, the timeline of your logic isn't making much sense.

Even if we assume He told his Mom that he will be dating his resident MH  we should also consider that his Mom does not know who Min Ha is yet to object enough (The background of the girl is not the issue right now, the Face is for His Mom because to corelate that MH is  the same lady who ruined her makeup as an objection point)

• Insightful 1

But but... keep in mind it's 4.50am and me getting ready to go out... it is entirely possible that SK will initiate the date to tell Minha he is leaving.

I am not saying he is. I am saying I can IMAGINE him saying this. Can you all swap it verbatim to Korean? And imagine him sitting calmly across from her and saying this with his eyes on her.

" Minha- ya.

Minha I am thankful all this time that you like me. I know you have asked me 4 times and I have said no. That is why I asked you for a meal this 5th time.

You have worked hard and I can see your sincere heart. I asked you for a meal today to tell you that I will be leaving for the US next month. I will be gone for a year.

You must be shocked right? Minha- ya you are still young and you will  meet another person. 

I apologise sincerely. "

THERE. Hahaha. He doesn't waffle on. So the conversation will be short. Well it sounded alright in Korean to me. 

I am not saying it will happen. But that I can see the writer writing it. Hope not though because I do like Minha. And SK has grown on me.

That mother of his though good lord. She needs to move away. Alternatively she could see how demonstrative or how Minha dotes on him so she might change her mind.

Done. Now to git the kids out of bed and get them all muddy playing. Its winter here and its a freezing morning under 10 C.

Bye all. Lol. I swear it sounded ok if you switch it all to Korean/banmal.

민하야.

민하 네가 나를 좋아해줘서 지금까지 고마웠어. 네가 나한테 4번이나 물어봤지만 난 싫다고 한 거 알아. 그래서 내가 이번 다섯 번째 식사를 하자고 한 거야.

당신은 열심히 일했고 나는 당신의 진실한 마음을 볼 수 있습니다. 제가 다음 달에 미국으로 떠난다고 말하려고 오늘 식사를 부탁드렸습니다. 나는 1년 동안 떠나 있을 것이다.

많이 놀라셨죠? 민하야, 너는 아직 어려서 다른 사람을 만나게 될 거야. 

진심으로 사과드립니다. "

You guys know I am just kidding I hope. This couple will not happen overnight after the prolonged romance from everyone. Nothing is easy for the writer. Although the Jeongwan and Iksun couple happened so fast and they broke up just like that. I don't know what was going on there. So it just as likely happen like that in episode 11. Or more likely it might happen at the END of episode 12. The date is the confession but it's the freaking last 5 min of episode 12.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, dzareth said:

We already know IJ can't be IS's donor because he had Hepatitis.

Sorry to cut your comment short...

i think he was talking about his patient twice  in two different episode when he said that the brother had hepatitis? I don’t think he was talking about himself... may be  I missed something? 

also I don’t think it’s IkJun either. It’s possibly one of the GS dads or the other cardio doctor who deletes negative comments about himself. Considering how misleading the previews always are!

This writer is unpredicatable but there are always clues. 

No I dont think its IkJun who got hurt, its a such a cliche.. Its probably from their team

Secon, SK going to US maybe a ruse but like JW says in the preview he would have told his friends if he was leaving for good. I think its more like a year or less training program and he probably wants to be honest with Minha. Or it could like someone who mentioned, that he wants to refer her to the program but knows she might be unwillingly. 

Anyway the focus for next episode seems to be Minha so I dont think it's going to be too bad. 

The parallelism with WG couple is subtle but SK is more open about his feelings. Minha is not a fool, she wouldnt blatantly keep pinning her hopes if she knew they was no end. She is too smart for that. I think what she wants is a clear answer and not excuse. 

Let's see

• Like 3

I think it’s a losing game sometimes trying to predict Hospital Playlist. But can’t give up anyway especially since it’s a two week wait :joy::joy::joy:

but my theory is that the person who got injured is one of the GS dads who possibly had IkJun’s ID? Leading to confusion initially. Also I think that the person who is not reachable to Gyeoul’s calls is IkJun. Maybe IkSun has an emergency health issue at another hospital and IkJun is with her? 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Even though it was suspected that Gyeo-Ul’s family secret was domestic violence, it was so heart-breaking to hear her recount her father’s abuse from childhood to her mother’s recent hospitalization. Her conversation with her mother, followed by Jeong Won, made me cry. I wonder if growing up in this violent and fearful environment may have contributed to Gyeo-Ul’s quiet personality and caused her to be less expressive than most others. I also wonder if her experience firsthand may have triggered her to relentlessly chase down the abusive father through the hospital in season 1. Despite it all, Gyeo-Ul grew up to be a fine lady. I admire her resiliency. She felt selfish/guilty about leaving home, but as Jeong Won told her, she should not fault/blame herself. After all, she is a victim too.

The scene that got to me was when Gyeo-Ul was willing to give up her career and move to Gwangju to be with her mother. *sobs* Luckily, she was able to convince mother her to join her and her brother in Seoul instead. Leaving Gwangju will not erase all the bad/painful memories, but Seoul can be a start of a new beginning and path to healing for all of them.

I also admired Gyeo-Ul for putting her mother as priority over dating. However, I knew when she was ready to open-up to Jeong Won, he would understand and be supportive. His only request to meet and have dinner together once a week was a great plan to continue to make their relationship work. It seemed to put her worries to rest and give her comfort that everything will be okay. I noticed that they had dinner at the same restaurant as episode 1 where she shared her concerns about Yeon-U’s mother who kept visiting her at Yulje. He was able to offer her perspective then too and in addition, advice to help her express herself better. So, I am certain their quality time over dinner together will keep bringing them closer and strengthen their bond. I am looking forward to Gyeo-Ul’s mother meeting Jeong Won. I know she will be happy to know her daughter has a good partner by her side.

P.S. I commend the drama for continuing to bring the issue of domestic/child abuse to viewers’ attention. I wish it did not exist, but it does and often kept hidden. Hoping with more awareness and resources, prevention is attainable.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

11 hours ago, madmad min said:

But then when you say Dr Yang tricked his Mom into thinking that he will be leaving for US is also considered a Jerk option somehow.

Maybe. Maybe the timeline doesnt make sense. Maybe he applied for the US thing before he hit a realization for her feelings. Yes, he went out with his mom every weekend to make her feel at ease and happy. It could be that he found out from his mom about the incident with Minha in the cafe and she badmouthing her in one of their weekend dinner date. (Every weekend he had dinner with the mom)

Yes, the dinner date with Minha doesnt happen yet. But I think he is going to the US for a short while 

But one of the option is that. Maybe he is leaving for a year or for 6 months - Professor Exchange/Sabbatical Training. Since this is the end of season. 

The clues -

1. He was seen with Ikjun, talking about smth. In ep 9/ Ep 10. I'm thinking that Ikjun is laying out a plan for Seokhyung.

2. He asked for Minha's Thesis but this is early May (Thesis review before Interview is in the Fall( Oct) and last review Winter (Jan) next year. I'm thinking he is helping her a little bit before he change her into diff. supervisors. 

3. If Minha is going to fellowship, the relationship will be slightly comfortable for both of them. The writer often teased abt Hospital Gossipings and he might want to avoid that. If you want to retort with WinGar date, the previous scenes showed that all hospital staffs knew AJW is affectionate and even staffs thought he is really kind and caring when he treated Gyeoul as he treated others like that. So it became a shield or misdirection in one of their date. 

Seokhyung is the opposite - if they turns out to be dating.. thennn.. wouldn't all the staff be weird and awkward if he caters Minha or favor Minha?? 

• Like 2

Jae Hak and his wife also got me in this episode. It was so moving to see his wife fall in love with their baby while watching the ultrasound and change her mind to keep it. But, the moment she mentioned the lump in her breast, my heart sank because I knew their story was heading in the cancer direction. I have seen the side effects of chemotherapy and know of someone who chose to completely opt out of it for her baby's sake. I was a little nervous about Seok Hyeong’s option for them to keep the baby and start chemo after 3 more weeks of pregnancy, but I also know the writer/PD would not broadcast this advice without doing their medical due diligence. I did subsequently read that chemo is generally safe during the second and third trimester, but risky during the 12-14 weeks of pregnancy because the baby’s organs are rapidly developing in the first trimester. Jae Hak’s wife is 11 weeks pregnant so after 3 more, she will reach her second trimester. With the cancer as stage 2, I do feel there is hope for mother and baby to safely beat it together. Let’s hope.

By the way, Jun Wan's concern for Jae Hak and his wife was very touching. Jae Hak really needed it. It is wonderful to see friendship extend beyond the five friends.

Speaking of the five, we all know that their friendship is gold, but I really admired the friend of Ik Jun's patient. I normally hear about family members donating organs, but rarely a friend. When Ik Jun asked the two how they became friends (as they have opposite personalities) and learned that their friendship expanded over decades (which included endless bickering), it seemed Ik Jun saw a bit own his friends through them. Each of them have their unique/differing personalities and bicker, but no matter what, they are best of friends. I like all the patient stories, but they usually involve a degree of sadness. I am glad the drama gave us a more brighter patient story through these two lifelong friends. (Am I right that I heard Reply 1988 music in the background?)

• Like 5

I have always felt that both Jun Wan and Seok Hyung are introverts but they are still so different. I think the description of polar bear and regular bear is a good way to describe it. Introvert, aloof, seemingly distant  ‘Bears’ yet so different possibly impacted varyingly by different backgrounds/environment, circumstances and life problems. The scene also highlighted again that it’s the few common character traits - patient welfare, dedication to their profession, basic ethics, mutual trust and respect that is the foundation of  their friendship and binds them together through all these years. Hobbies and interests, food habits, personality traits are really secondary.

Only after this scene I realised as far as I can recall all the 5 except JunWan and Seok Hyung have had one to one meaningful scenes. Like all the five with the other 4 individually except these 2. Or maybe I have forgotten? Do you guys remember a meaningful scene with just these 2 before? 

• Like 2

Although I like all the couples in Hospital Playlist, I probably pay attention to GomGom couple the most. It's a headache to have to wait 2 weeks to see how they are going. Through Reply 1988 and Prison Playbook, there is always a character whose ending makes the audience anxious like JungHwan and HanYang, so I hope all 4 couples in Hospital Playlist have a happy ending.

Please Shin PD nim :sad1:  MH x SK must be happy plz... plz... plz...

• Like 1