[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

“Hospital Playlist 2” Heads Into Finale On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “The Road: The Tragedy Of One” Ends On Rise

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 10, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Hospital Playlist 2” has soared to new heights ahead of its upcoming finale!

On September 9, the hit medical drama—which has just one episode left to go—achieved the highest viewership ratings of its season thus far. According to Nielsen Korea, the penultimate episode of “Hospital Playlist 2” scored an average nationwide rating of 13.4 percent, marking a new all-time high for the show.

“Hospital Playlist 2” also remained first place in its time slot both among all viewers and among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored a nationwide average of 8.7 percent and a peak of 9.9 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1488026wpp/hospital-playlist-2-heads-into-finale-on-its-highest-ratings-yet-the-road-the-tragedy-of-one-ends-on-rise

• Like 1

SK has done well. My expectations are so low that he asked her out after 2 years. 

And. And. And. That he actually behaved so confidently at the date is swoonworthy. He wasn't shy and hesitant. Didn't shy away from skinship.

Squeal. 

So so good. And the way he looks at her. * swoons some more *

And he hugged. And held hands. And bought her food.

I had ZERO  expectations from him. I thought he would be awkward. He is not awkward at all. No wonder Jeong Won said " its game over " for him.

Sigh. Am so happy right now.

Like honesty people- did any of you expect him to actually call her up and steal her some dinner? And bring her on TWO dates in one episode?

No way. I had no expectations.

• Like 7
  • Love 4

This two hour episodes left me with FEELS.

Finally, for uri ChuChu, gosh that scene where Ik/jun eyes just popped and he RAISED off the bed was hilarious. No one is more invested than our Cupid. 

I freaking love how direct and bold Minha is. SeoKyung too. I am impressed. He was just naturally and confident in that date. Like he decided he is going to go through this and simply enjoy which bought such tears to my eyes. Especially after the hell from last season with his parents. 

Anyhow, as much as he made his intentions clear, I was so happy Minha pushed him to actually say the words. Even if you love someone to earth-shattering levels, until you say it out it wont be seen. You can see he was so shy and awkward but he pushed it out as he knew she had to hear it and it was important to her. For him this process of liking her and coming to terms with it was a slow steady one, But for her she had been developing this feeling for two whole years, knowing he too likes her but needs time.  For all the comments online about how pushy she was and other blah blah... you forget that Ikjun is the same. 

Ex: He is constantly around Songwha, showing his feeling in tiny actions, or simply being there for her and nagging about her health etc etc.. Even after she said to be just friends, he just kept at it, knowing knowing she was just scared and  needed all the assurance he can give. That's pushy too but no one comes after the man. Yes the kiss was swoon, but  uri Gom-Gom have my full attention.

SK the man, go tackle your mom, have happy dates, kiss uri sweet girl and just be happy. 

Oh before I forget Mama Rosa is QUEEN!!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

*Spoiler Alert* please read this after watching episode 11! 

I think being MinHa requires equal guts and equal consideration for the other person. With introverts she has guts to invade their space but she doesn’t offend or impose. It’s a fine line she treads though on the face of it she comes across as simply outspoken/talkative. But like she consoled Gyeoul it can be seen she’s sensitive and aware of other people’s feelings. 

I think it required guts to ask Seok Hyung to clarify he likes her but I think that came from the fact that with his personality type he might be just giving in because she persisted for many years and confessed many times. Also from her standpoint there’s no way for her to know when he changed his mind. That was something IkJun and JeongWon understood but there was no point where she noted a change in his behaviour. So he knew that he’s decided to pursue his feelings that he had been denying in front of her until now but till he literally spelt it out how would she know? Also asking for clarity goes with her personality type. She’s not the one to assume she would rather just straight forward ask.

About IkSong I was really hoping they don’t do the accident troupe but their past history was too much really for her. 2 rejections and him going on to marry someone else and have a child. Something this drastic and 1.5 years from his confession to hers was required I guess. Especially for a character like Song Hwa who is an over thinker and plays out everything in her head before taking a decision. But all in all so so happy for IkSong ♥️♥️♥️ One thing I really appreciate is the fine nuance that was required in their acting to show a change in their behaviour from season 1 to season 2. Season two IkSong just hit different. They wanted to show a progression that seemed like nothing in every scene but seemed like a lot when you look back at their progress from the time they met again at Yulje until now. A progress that was seamless in some ways and yet monumental when you look at their journey of 22 years. They managed to do that well. It seems like ShinLee had envisioned a certain rhythm for their relationship that they stayed true to. 

For Bidulgi, the scene where they were discussing IkSong outside the door I felt that things were comfortable and normal between them. They did not seem like a couple that’s broken up. They very much did seem like a couple though not just friends. Hope theres some progress and some meaningful scenes for them in the last episode.

Many of the scenes in episode 11 were well shot.
- The scene when IkJun was waiting for her in her office Songhwa’s expression captured so many emotions. Also her almost crying when she was holding IkJuns hand in the ER. Her nose was red and eyes look pained but there were no tears.

- The Lee Siblings are always a treat to watch.
- The GomGom whispering scene I could feel MinHa getting goose bumps!

- Mama Rosa accepting Gyeoul feels like a hug on a cold day ♥️ 

- the baby sitter saying that Ujju hadn’t cried so far I felt reflected how the Lee siblings and even Ujju held back emotions. My first thought was that someone with an high EQ like Song Hwa would be so good for all of them. Overall just seeing Song Hwa with them made me feel like she completed their family puzzle. 

- Jeong Wons professionalism in handling Geon showed his leadership skills and how he could be a good leader at his future dream of a children’s hospital.

- SeokHyung stealing all the meat for MinHa was too funny. 

although logically seeing this episode I think there’s no season 3 but somehow my gut feeling says there will be a Season 3. Let’s see. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

I said it!! 

Seokhyung is playing a chess game here! They are now endgame the GomGom couple. "I'm a good person, Professor" It screams so much about Joy's song - Introduce me a good person!!

IkSong ship is sailing!!! The OST song Beautiful My Love

JunSun seems slowly breaking down. I bet the finale will be focusing on them.

WinGar seems heading steadfast but slowly. They are endgame soo no need to worry. But we were deprived from jealousy scene!

And now we are heading to finale 

IT IS FREAKING 2 HOURS 30- 40 MINUTES for the FINALE!! Damn!

Confused Korean Drama GIF by The Swoon

Patients story focus

1. The female student who is doing rehab (her motor skills) - SongHwa accident patient

2. Jang Gyeoul first big Surgery moments (I bet it will show her finest moment as surgeon as teased in ep) - Ikjun

3. Do Jaehak's wife - her cancer and baby

4. I bet Junwan will have a big case similarly to finale season 1.. Jaehak fast thinking helped him out. So I wonder about this one.

5. Ahn Jeongwon - not sure what. 

Korean Drama What GIF by The Swoon

I AM THINKING THAT THE SERIES IS ACTUALLY ENDING, GUYS. 

NO MORE SEASON 3. 

Although i felt betrayed, it was actually because they, Mido and Parasol juust recently named us, fandoms as  Morael (Sand) and they will provide us more songs in the future albeit the time constraint.  A hint that Season 3 is possible but nah. They are filming a variety show to not make us feeling empty after saying goodbye. A hint that Season 3 is not possible.

HOSPLAY 1st Break after ep 6 last month in August.. It may sounds cliche but after they reached highest rating that time in July, they could be attending an emergency meeting that week. 

1. Confirming actors schedule and opinion about season 3 scheduling

2. Jeon Mido, Ahn Eunjin, Jo JeongSeok, Yoo Yeon Seok, Shin Hyunbeen, and several supporting actors confirming their next schedule/project. Right after Thursday on the 29/7. In the 1st weekend of August, the actors news were announced on the following Sunday, Monday and Tuesday - with projects due to broadcast in 1st half of 2022. 

3. A rumour abt Na Young Seok new variety show is announced set in the Fall

4. A special episode is in filming/I think its for Youtube content - Sept 2nd ( GS, NS, CS AND OBGYN Q&A) 

Wake Up Netflix GIF by The Swoon

MARRIAGE HINT ALL OVER. 

I FEEL LIKE it will not be Jeongwon marrying. But someone else in the 99z

I'm feeling it will be Junwan. Out of nowhere, random and this will be a scene that ShinLee create in a blunder. And we will feel "Ahh it makes sense" 

A final sequence of the 99z with their beloved ones. :cold_sweat: like in reply series and playbook

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

From the preview for the next episode it seems like they're handling the coupling of Ik-jun and Song-hwa somewhat casually which is pretty surprising... their eventual coming together has been the main thread throughout this whole drama so hopefully they don't present it to us halfheartedly. 

Compared to season one, this episode seemed void of conflict, as well as the finale preview, which brings up the question of what they will leave us with to segue into season three, if there is to be one. 

For me, this season felt very loose in it's overarching storylines... some people have been saying it's been boring but I've enjoyed the slice of life approach Shin Won-ho has embraced, though it does have it's more unwarranted and melodramatic moments... I just wish we can have conflict presented that really tests our main cast. A lot of intense moments around the hospital that never really amount to anything, which of-course pull at the heart, but for what they reward, take up way too much screen time. For instance, this episode we have a rare moment where Song-hwa is vulnerable and nervous for an upcoming surgery... the scene where she leans over the patient to make sure his eyesight is fine, I thought for sure we were going to have this heartbreaking storyline of Song-hwa somewhat failing at a surgery... but nope. This has been the case for a lot of the hospital scenes... a lot of tears... a lot of intense surgeries.. and yet they're resolved without fault. It's becoming pretty redundant, for me at least. 

But all in all I love this season... first drama I've followed weekly... gonna miss it.   

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Shin pd has uploaded unreleased footage from S1, showing Songhwa looking at Ikjun with heart eyes as he sings.

Yeokshii, all the lovelines and endgames were planned right from the start. 

It seems like HP will most probably end in S2 :( But I'm excited to see what Shin-Lee has in mind for their next project. In one of the interviews, Shin pd said they're considering to do a wise life series on kids. Maybe Uju and iksong can cameo in it! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

I still feel there will be a season 3 somehow! 

the only way the series can wrap up now is if they have a time leap in the last episode like most KDramas. And I’m just not fond of last episode time leaps they just leave a incomplete and strange feeling. 

Also MinHa saying that she’s a good person I think the translation was slightly off there. I felt she’s saying she’s a good person and she can take care of herself and not to say yes to a relationship just cause she asked so many times and he sort of felt bad for her. To say yes only if he really likes her. 

• Like 2

K-Drama Reaction: Hospital Playlist 2 | Episode 11

Maknae’s Verdict

It’s indeed the penultimate episode as we finally see our favorite doctors taking big leaps in their personal lives. And I’m glad that it wasn’t just them who realizes that it feels better to have someone you can lean on. That “someone” can come in many forms – your colleagues, your friends, your family, or even your romantic partner.

In this episode, we’ve seen precious Yulje residents and interns struggle as May comes in and the professors stop being lenient to them. Kim Geon went MIA but his fellow GS resident understood why he did that. Instead of getting annoyed, they covered his task even without their seniors ordering them. Seong-yeong, meanwhile, was having a hard time with Prof. Min but sharing a meal with his NS fam comforts him already. Seon-bin, on the other hand, shares how her fellow resident did the same during her first year as a resident. All of these side stories were heartwarming because they showed that everyone in Yulje has someone they can depend on. They have each other’s back no matter what.

Speaking of dependable friends, Jong-su and Ro-sa have such a relationship. They knew exactly what one needs. When Ro-sa was troubled by her health condition, Jong-su was there for her. And now that Jong-su is in distress, Ro-sa is there with him too. Their relationship really serves as a good comparison point to their younger counterparts. Min-ha and Gyeo-ul have the same kind of relationship. When Gyeo-ul was troubled, Min-ha was there for her. And every time Min-ha needs to vent out about anything, Gyeo-ul is willing to listen. So I love it that Gyeo-ul was so happy for Min-ha when she shared the news of her and Seok-hyeong’s date. I think I also dance in joy with her.

hospital-playlist-2-episode-11-scene-78.

Min-ha – our hardworking Min-ha – finally receives an answer to her persistent confessions to Seok-hyeong. Rejections and other things didn’t stop her so she really deserve that hug from Seok-hyeong. It was a dream come true for her and for us who also supported her all the way. I’m so proud of uri Chu Min-ha. Her hard work and persistence paid off. Can I also just give my wholehearted appreciation for how that scene was written. It was simple yet so romantic. It’s very Seok-hyeong and very Min-ha. And I’m also glad it happened in this episode. Because clearly, Seok-hyeong has been mulling over his feelings for Min-ha for a while now. He didn’t rush things out. He made sure he asked her out at the right time – when he’s ready to give his heart again to someone. I’m very much curious, however, about Seok-hyeong’s plan. Why does he have to lie to his mom? I’m not questioning his actions but I couldn’t quite connect that lie to his current relationship status. What’s your plan, Seokhyeong-ah~?

hospital-playlist-2-episode-11-scene-107

If we’re talking about the right timing, fate finally gives one to Ik-jun and Song-hwa. They finally decided to leave the friend zone and step into new territory. And I’m glad I didn’t have to wait for a year to see romantically dating IkSong (side-eyeing WinterGarden for making me wait for a year but now that I think about it, the wait is actually worth it.) Our assumption about Song-hwa realizing his feelings for Ik-jun was real. And the accident was just a plot device to make Song-hwa realize she doesn’t have all the time in the world and she could miss her timing once again. This time though there are no more hesitations. No more next time. Both of them are now ready to face their feelings; feelings they’ve tried to bury in their 20s. The kiss also made me forgive Ik-jun for breaking Song-hwa’s heart in the past (haha). I’m so ready to see them go full-on romantic next week.

What I’m not ready for is to say goodbye to Hospital Playlist. It feels like they’re wrapping up the series because everything is falling into its carefully planned “plot places”. But the endings could also be new beginnings, right? Announce season 3 already!!!

Afterthoughts

-There’s not a lot of scene with Jeong-won and Gyeo-ul in this episode but my heart melted upong hearing Jeong-won says they are doing better than ever. “Things are even better between us now,” are his exact words. And I’m just so proud of my wintergarden babies. They’ve get through that hurdle together and they’ve come out of it stronger than ever. * insert Snow Patrol crooning this line from Chasing Cars “Just know that these things will never change for us at all.*

-this is one of my favorite scene this season

hospital-playlist-2-episode-11-scene-49.

https://ahjummamshies.com/2021/09/10/k-drama-reaction-hospital-playlist-2-episode-11/

• Like 7

The Mido and Falasol song was the best one of the season, I loved it so much but can't find it to buy (their version)! I think it is called Running Across the Sky.

What a great episode so many good feels and once again confirming this in one of the best cast, the chemistry of all their characters is simply amazing!!

Edited by spastica84

22 hours ago, larus said:

I’m very much curious, however, about Seok-hyeong’s plan. Why does he have to lie to his mom? I’m not questioning his actions but I couldn’t quite connect that lie to his current relationship status. What’s your plan, Seokhyeong-ah~?

About Seok-hyeong's plan, what do you all think? I was wondering whether he wants his mom to believe that he is truly going to US, and that later Minha is the girl who succeeds in capturing his heart, making him change his mind and stay in Korea. So that his mom will feel so grateful to Minha that she won't pick on her like how she tormented his ex-wife. 

1 hour ago, hahanzyy said:

About Seok-hyeong's plan, what do you all think? I was wondering whether he wants his mom to believe that he is truly going to US, and that later Minha is the girl who succeeds in capturing his heart, making him change his mind and stay in Korea. So that his mom will feel so grateful to Minha that she won't pick on her like how she tormented his ex-wife. 

I think he wants a chance to build a relationship without his mother ruining/interfering (she is not good enough for him according to his mother) it for him! I can't wait for the mother and girlfriend to come face to face after the whole lipstick incident.

Five most iconic performances from Hospital Playlist Season 2

869a9-16314304528752-800.jpg

Hospital Playlist, directed by Shin Won-ho, the director of shows like the Reply series and Prison Playbook, follows the lives of a group of doctors living in Seoul. The first season being released in 2020, the second season of Hospital Playlist brings back the beloved doctors of Yulje, some blossoming romance, friendships, and life and death situations.

With the penultimate episode of Season 2 leaving the audience on a high (spoiler alert), let's look at some of the best performances by 'Gongnyang Ridge' as we wait for the last episode.Five most iconic performances from Hospital Playlist Season 2.

Here are the best performances from the second season of Hospital Playlist

5) “The Rain and You”

The Yulje gang welcomed fans to the second season of Hospital Playlist with "The Rain and You" by Park Joon-hoon. Perfect for a rainy day, this song is about loss and sorrow, acceptance and hope, making it the perfect first song for a new season. Rain has played an essential role throughout the relationship between Ik-Jun (Jo Jung-suk) and Song-Hwa, making fans speculate that this song is about Song-hwa's (Jeon Mi-do) feelings. But several others have theorized that it is actually for Seok-hyung (Kim Dae-myung), who bid farewell to his ex-wife, and finally moved on in peace.

Jo Jung-suk's incredible vocals make this song even more poignant and a perfect welcome to this heartwarming show: Hospital Playlist.

Spoiler

4) “Let’s Forget It”

Hospital Playlist's seemingly cold heart surgeon, Jun-wan (Jung Kyung-ho), with a soft interior, finally gets to show off his vocal skills in this song about heartbreak. Trying to forget his worries and heartache by singing his heart out, he made his misery felt through his voice.This performance, full of angst and passion, also emphasizes the temporary strain in the relationship between Jun-wan and Ik-jun, full of guilt and confusion. Though their minds might not be in sync, for that moment, their voices were, giving us this incredible performance.

Fans of the show writers' other works will recognize "Let's Forget It" from another fan-favorite show, Reply 1988. Melody Day's Yeoeun's cover featured Kim Jung-Hwan's similarly, whose fate had left thousands of fans heartbroken.

Spoiler

3) “Still Beautiful”

An extraordinary guest joins the gang for this sweet performance. In the absence of keyboard maestro Seong Hyuk, the Hospital Playlist band was joined by Ahn Jung-won's (Yoo Yeon-seok) omma, Rosa. Turns out, Mama Rosa, other than being a spectacular mother, was also a phenomenal musician who had left playing when she was younger.Temporarily ignoring the struggles and fears of age that had begun to catch up on her, Rosa gave this touching performance with the band, as they covered the song "Still Beautiful" by Kim Yeon-woo.

Spoiler

2) “Your Crush on Me”

After years of begging for a chance as the main vocalist, Song-hwa finally got her way in this memorable performance of "Your Crush on Me." She may not have the voice, but she made up for it with her energy and confidence.Hospital Playlist's main villain's birthday turned out to be a day they will never forget for the gang, as they perform together. The others stole glances at each other, full of suffering and judgment, but also affection, which will seem familiar for anyone who has friends they love dearly, but sometimes find annoying.

Our birthday girl sure proved that it doesn't matter whether you're on or off-key, as long as you have confidence and a loyal gang of friends.

Spoiler

1) “It’s My Life”

Ever expected to hear Bon Jovi in a K-Drama? Hospital Playlist is known to deliver the unexpected, and they did it yet again.

In one of the most incredible performances of the season, 'Gongnyang Ridge' pulled out their leather pants and silver chains to bring back rock-n-roll. In this performance, the gang delivered on all fronts, with Ik-jun and Jun-wan harmonizing to perfection, Seok-hyung proving great backup vocals, and hitting those high notes. Even Song-hwa's off-key overlay somehow made the whole production even better.

Last but not least, Jung-won's biceps made their extraordinary debut in this performance, and they sure did leave a mark.

The cover also showcased the range the band can cover, from pop to romance to classic English rock 'n' roll, all to perfection.

Spoiler

https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture/hospital-playlist-season-2-s-top-5-performances

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Slice Of Life K-Dramas That Will Change Your Life

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 14, 2021

The “slice of life” genre is often known for its ability to tell a character’s story and everyday life in a very natural narrative. It does not necessarily need the over-exciting climax or series of events to keep viewers engaged, but instead, viewers are drawn into the characters because they are relatable and have depth. There are many slice of life K-dramas, but here are the ones that might just change your life. If you haven’t watched all of these, make sure you do! You’ll be in for an introspective ride!

Disclaimer: List is in no particular order.

8. “Hospital Playlist” series

Jo Jung Suk, Yoo Yeon Seok, Jung Kyung Ho, Kim Dae Myung, and Jeon Mi Do star in “Hospital Playlist” as a group of five doctors who have been friends since medical school. The five of them all work at the same hospital, Yulje Medical Center. The story follows their friendship as well as the romance and patients that they deal with day to day. They also happen to form a band together.

hospital-playlist-540x236.jpeg

From the same dream team that brought us the “Reply” series, “Hospital Playlist” is a slice of life series that explores the lives of five best friends. Although it is mostly set in Yulje Medial Center, the series does a great job of diving deep into the personal lives of the five main characters including the situations with their families and love lives. The series manages to show a very natural and realistic representation of what they go through, which has won the hearts of many viewers around the world.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1487182wpp/slice-of-life-k-dramas-that-will-change-your-life

So they said theres no talk about season 3 although all the actors intrested joining. but all the actors all busy now,so for now theres bit chance that s3 will happen soon. but all the summary will be in the end with the air time most likely 2 hour long for tonight. will iksong open up about the relationship,seok hyeong move to US ?, winter garden married talk.

but i hear the plotwist shin won ho pd.please be nice wkwkwk

• Like 1

Its official, guys. No more Hospital Playlist Season 3. 

But next week or next month, we will be given a new variety show content from Na PD consists of all 99z and other casts.

As I mentioned before, 

The 1ST MIDSEASON Break back in July to August, is when it clicked to me that, the casting news that confirmed there will be no season 3 

On 9/11/2021 at 5:24 AM, JungRok said:

HOSPLAY 1st Break after ep 6 last month in August.. It may sounds cliche but after they reached highest rating that time in July, they could be attending an emergency meeting that week. 

1. Confirming actors schedule and opinion about season 3 scheduling

2. Jeon Mido, Ahn Eunjin, Jo JeongSeok, Yoo Yeon Seok, Shin Hyunbeen, and several supporting actors confirming their next schedule/project. Right after Thursday on the 29/7. In the 1st weekend of August, the actors news were announced on the following Sunday, Monday and Tuesday - with projects due to broadcast in 1st half of 2022. 

3. A rumour abt Na Young Seok new variety show is announced set in the Fall

4. A special episode is in filming/I think its for Youtube content - Sept 2nd ( GS, NS, CS AND OBGYN Q&A

• Like 2
  • Sad 2