[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

Hospital Playlist 2: Episode 9

by lovepark

hospitalplaylist2-09-00039.jpg

While a patient may only ever interact with a handful of individuals at a hospital, there are a lot more people working behind the scenes than meets the eye. Sometimes the lack of recognition can be disheartening, but even so, the staff continue doing their best because seeing the results of their efforts is reward enough.

EPISODE 9 RECAP

hospitalplaylist2-09-00005.jpg

After putting Woo-joo to bed, Ik-joon continues working when his sister texts him to let him know that she will be riding the midnight bus. Later that night, he receives a call from Joon-wan who needs a ticket, and a light bulb goes off in Ik-joon’s head as he tells his friend that the earliest time is all booked.

Jung-won sends the group chat the recording of their latest band practice, and while Ik-joon watches the clip, Ik-soon listens to the same song on the bus. When they reach their stop, Joon-wan waits for the other passengers to get off before approaching Ik-soon’s seat and asks if they can meet this weekend.

All five friends are busy in their own operating rooms alongside their team of doctors and nurses, highlighting, once again, how much goes on behind the scenes. Throughout their hectic day, the hospital staff play in the table tennis tournament, and Seok-hyung gives a shy “fighting” to the OB/GYN nurses, which is nothing short of a miracle in their eyes.

Jung-won finds Seok-hyung lost in thought in the garden and asks if something is bothering him. Seok-hyung tells him that he is gathering his thoughts after pondering over something and wonders why Jung-won is not playing in the games. Though Jung-won wanted to beat Ik-joon (who is participating, of course), no one else in his department knows how to play.

hospitalplaylist2-09-00029.jpg

k-joon and his teammate, Dr. Lee, have reached the quarterfinals, and their opponents are the radiology department. While both sides look nimble and determined to win, most of their fancy moves are for show since they only got this far for the same reason.

Rewinding back to their first game, Ik-joon’s team went up against the ER department, but before they could start a rally, Dr. Bong received an emergency call and rushed out. Their next match was against Joon-wan and Jae-hak, but as soon as they tossed the ball up, a code blue alarm went off, sending the cardiac surgeons out the door.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/08/hospital-playlist-2-episode-9/

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

When the episode available in Netflix, i saw its a 1hour 50mnt long and dont have time to spent watching it. I only go through but couldn't catch what of what.. 

So, on the weekend, calmly enjoying the episode. The most captured me was PD Na cameo.. I laugh a lot through the scene. 

And what with the theme, black and chain? Rock? lol.  Ik jun make it special bcoz his birthday? It's my life by Bon Jovi. Ok, we'll get it.. Do we? 

The moment they show Chu Min Ha's mom, i know its true who she is bcoz the green eyeshadow she wore. And why did they drive two separate cars? A waste right? Why not one proceed with the plan and another back to Yulje? Ok, drama. 

From the trailer, 

If Jun Wan involved in accident, so it will bring Ik Sun together. 

If Ik Jun is the one, might be it gives a chance for CSH together.

But, I dont think any of them will die. They shouldnt repeat Dr Green in ER seriously right? 

Do check out the YT BTS of the episode 10. Its cool! 

3 Heart-Fluttering Romantic Relationships That Are Expected To Change In “Hospital Playlist 2”

c72af6efa13b4bb396a81129006da810.jpeg?s=

Aug 31, 2021
by S. Nam

Love is in the air in tvN’s “Hospital Playlist 2”!

The “Hospital Playlist” series is about five doctors who are best friends and tells the everyday stories of a hospital. Currently, viewers are on the edges of their seats to find more about the love lives of Kim Joon Wan (Jung Kyung Ho), Ahn Jung Won (Yoo Yeon Seok), and Yang Seok Hyung (Kim Dae Myung).

Below are three relationships that are headed towards a turning point in “Hospital Playlist 2”!

Spoilers

Kim Joon Wan & Lee Ik Soon (Kwak Sun Young)

Meeting after an entire year, Kim Joon Wan and Lee Ik Soon’s awkward reunion has made viewers curious about the future of their relationship. Lee Ik Soon apologized for lying and breaking up with Kim Joon Wan a year ago, and she cautiously confessed her true feelings, revealing that she still has feelings for him. However, along with her confession, Lee Ik Soon shared, “But these are my feelings, and I’ll take care of it.” After quietly listening to Lee Ik Soon’s confession, Kim Joon Wan shared, “There will be quite a lot of moments when we meet coincidentally in the future. Every time that happens, do you think you could look at me like it’s nothing? I don’t think I could do that,” hinting at a change in their relationship.

Jung-Kyung-Ho1.jpg

Kwak-Sun-Young.jpg

Yang Seok Hyung & Chu Min Ha (Ahn Eun Jin)

From the beginning of this season, viewers have been rooting for Chu Min Ha’s one-sided love for Yang Seok Hyung. In last week’s episode, Chu Min Ha was concerned because she only had one last opportunity to confess her feelings to Yang Seok Hyung. However, contrary to her worries, Yang Seok Hyung’s heart had been gradually swaying towards her, making viewers’ hearts flutter. Furthermore, viewers were even more surprised to see Yang Seok Hyung’s attitude towards Chu Min Ha change. In particular, Yang Seok Hyung asked if Chu Min Ha would be busy this upcoming weekend, saying, “Have a meal with me. I’ll buy you food.” Viewers are curious to see if this will signify a positive change in their relationship.

Spoiler

Kim-Dae-Myung1.jpg

Ahn-Eun-Jin1.jpg

Ahn-Eun-Jin-Kim-Dae-Myung.jpg

Ahn Jung Won & Jang Gyeo Ul (Shin Hyun Been)

Jang Gyeo Ul has recently been full of worry because of her mother’s hospitalization. In the last episode, Jang Gyeo Ul told Ahn Jung Won something she had not revealed to him before, and the two people grew closer through that experience. Ahn Jung Won was surprised to learn that Jang Gyeo Ul’s father was a domestic violence offender. Although Jang Gyeo Ul shared that was sorry for wanting to focus on her mother for the time being, Ahn Jung Won reassured and comforted her by saying, “Don’t blame yourself. You don’t have to feel responsible. Let’s eat together at least once a week. I’m okay with just that.” Having grown even closer through this ordeal, viewers are curious to see what will happen to the loving couple in the future.

Spoiler

Yoo-Yeon-Seok1.jpg

Shin-Hyun-Been1.jpg

“Hospital Playlist 2” will take a break from airing on September 2 due to tvN’s coverage of the Asia preliminaries for the 2022 Qatar World Cup. The drama will return with episode 11 on September 9 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1486449wpp/3-heart-fluttering-romantic-relationships-that-are-expected-to-change-in-hospital-playlist-2

• Like 1

5 Most Memorable and Heartwarming Lines From “Hospital Playlist 2”

0f86c8098dda4223b0fc81dca149984e.jpeg?s=

Sep 1, 2021
by S. Nam

tvN’s “Hospital Playlist 2” continues to touch viewers’ hearts with its iconic lines!

The “Hospital Playlist” series is about five doctors who are best friends and tells the everyday stories of a hospital. Below are five of the best lines from the show that showed the characters’ sense of duty as doctors and resonated with viewers.

Spoilers

Lee Ik Joon (Jo Jung Suk) in episode 7

Always overflowing with a refreshingly bright energy on a normal basis, Lee Ik Joon portrays a different kind of charm as a doctor. As an apology for acting sensitive before his father’s liver transplant surgery, a patient delivered snacks to the hospital ward. However, Jang Yoon Bok (Cho Yi Hyun) still expressed her discomfort at the patient’s attitude. Seeing this, Lee Ik Joon commented, “This may be something we experience everyday, but to the patients, this is the biggest hurdle in their lives and their most significant moment. I think I would have acted like him too. I would have been sensitive as well.” He continued, “My family’s life is on the line, so why would it matter how other people see me? Yoon Bok, don’t think that the patient and the patient’s family don’t know anything. They know. That’s why we have to make an effort to understand them.” The scene portrayed Lee Ik Joon’s considerate and thoughtful nature behind his playful attitude.

Jo-Jung-Suk-2.jpg

Ahn Jung Won (Yoo Yeon Seok) in episode 6

As a doctor who always understands the feelings of the patients and their guardians better than anyone else, Ahn Jung Won reassured a baby’s mother and her family right before a surgery. After hearing the mother-in-law trying to blame the mother for the baby’s illness, Ahn Jung Won purposefully told her, “You must be her mother. It’s not your daughter’s fault. This isn’t something that happens because of someone’s fault, but it’s something that just happens.” Both the baby’s mother and maternal grandmother were touched to hear Ahn Jung Won’s reassuring and heartwarming words as he depicted what a perfect doctor should be like.

Yoo-Yeon-Seok-2.jpg

Kim Joon Wan (Jung Kyung Ho) in episode 6

Kim Joon Wan also impressed viewers with lines that showcased an unexpectedly caring side of his personality. The doctor had ordered resident Lim Chang Min (Kim Kang Min) to announce a patient’s time of death, and although Lim Chang Min took on the task, he burst out into tears. In the end, Lim Chang Min couldn’t call out the time, and Kim Joon Wan had to take on the task instead. Afterwards, Lim Chang Min visited Kim Joon Wan to apologize for not being able to properly call out the time of death. To this, Kim Joon Wan responded, “What are you sorry for, you can cry. Aren’t doctors human too? It’s okay, you can cry. I don’t particularly want to tell you to hold back or hide those feelings. However, you still have to do your job. Making that decision is also a doctor’s job.” Kim Joon Wan impressed viewers with his own way of taking care of his junior with heartwarming advice.

Yang Seok Hyung (Kim Dae Myung) in episode 6

Known for treating his patients with careful attention to detail, Yang Seok Hyung revealed a story from his first time taking on a patient. He revealed that although he had told a pregnant woman that everything would be okay and to not worry, Yang Seok Hyung had to deliver the news to her husband that she had passed away due to amniotic fluid embolism. He shared, “I was taught to not express my emotions in front of patients, but is that even possible? I couldn’t hold back. I cried with them there.” After hearing the story of Kim Joon Wan going to the bathroom to cry secretly because he was embarrassed to cry in front of the patients and their families, Yang Seok Hyung shared, “I also tell my students that it’s okay to express some emotions as long as they keep boundaries. We’re not Artificial Intelligence (AI).”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1486624wpp/5-most-memorable-and-heartwarming-lines-from-hospital-playlist-2

866922_696570_2241.jpg

tvN's 'Wise Doctors' Season 2', which was scheduled to be broadcast at 9 pm on the 2nd, will be canceled due to the broadcast of the 2022 Qatar World Cup Asian qualifying match between Korea and Iraq. Episode 11 of 'Hospital Playlist 2' will be released on the 9th September.

https://moneys.mt.co.kr/news/mwView.php?no=2021090115068032176

http://www.ggilbo.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=866922

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

So Ok. Unpopular opinion here but I think the one thing that spoIled season 2 for me, is the acting of Jang. She has been given such an elaborate storyline in S2 and yet the actress has a grand total of 5 expressions. They have given Song hwa, one of the LEADS literally no story except the iksong waiting game. 

Her mother's Parkinson's diagnosis was barely 10 minutes of an episode. But Mido's acting in that 2 minute phone call with her mother is 10x better than any of Jang's in both seasons combined. All four male leads have had some sort of character growth/story development this season except Song hwa. I don't know about you but I started loving this show for the dynamics between the lacking five. That supplemented by glimpses of the supporting characters and their lives made it absolutely perfect. But this season everything is just imbalanced. 

I feel if the Jang actress had been a better actress, I would have somehow born the sub par storyline, but now it's just a mess altogether. I remember looking forward to this season so damn much. The level of writing and storytelling in season 1 is a sharp contrast to what has been presented in season 2. 

If there is a S3, make no mistake, I will definitely watch it. But this time around I will have normal expectations to start with and will be sure not to be so emotionally invested in the characters and their journeys. 

• Like 3

“Hospital Playlist 2” Cast Shows Off Their Cute Real-Life Chemistry Behind The Scenes

1005c40262374dbf9a66154a4e3705cc.jpeg?s=

Sep 4, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Hospital Playlist 2” has shared a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the fun atmosphere on set!

Due to coverage of the Asian preliminaries for the 2022 Qatar World Cup, “Hospital Playlist 2” did not air this week—and to make up for it, the drama has released a new set of behind-the-scenes photos of its cast to console any viewers currently experiencing withdrawal.

The new photos of stars Jung Moon Sung, Moon Tae Yoo, Ha Yoon Kyung, Ahn Eun Jin, Shin Hyun Been, Jo Yi Hyun, and Bae Hyun Sung capture the adorable real-life chemistry between the cast members.

Hospital-Playlist-2-1.jpg

Hospital-Playlist-2-2.jpg

Spoiler

Hospital-Playlist-2-3.jpg

Hospital-Playlist-2-5.jpg

Hospital-Playlist-2-7.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1487134wpp/hospital-playlist-2-cast-shows-off-their-cute-real-life-chemistry-behind-the-scenes

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Kim Seon Ho And Shin Min Ah Top List Of Most Buzzworthy Drama Actors + “Hospital Playlist 2” Remains No. 1 Drama

5a9eca1e52d34e218ec93c6d108325df.jpeg?s=

Sep 5, 2021
by E. Cha

Good Data Corporation has released its weekly rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and cast members!

For the fourth consecutive week, tvN’s “Hospital Playlist 2” remained No. 1 on Good Data Corporation’s list of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

Not only did “Hospital Playlist 2” hold onto its spot at No. 1, but four of its stars also made this week’s list of most buzzworthy drama cast members: Jung Kyung Ho came in at No. 4, Jo Jung Suk at No. 5, Kim Dae Myung at No. 6, and Shin Hyun Been at No. 9.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the fourth week of August are as follows:

1. tvN’s “Hospital Playlist 2”
  2. SBS’s “The Penthouse 3”
  3. tvN’s “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha”
  4. tvN’s “You Are My Spring”
  5. SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky
  6. KBS 2TV’s “Police University
  7. KBS 2TV’s “Revolutionary Sisters
  8. MBC’s “On the Verge of Insanity
  9. KBS 2TV’s “Red Shoes
  10. tvN’s “The Road: The Tragedy of One

https://www.soompi.com/article/1487280wpp/kim-seon-ho-and-shin-min-ah-top-list-of-most-buzzworthy-drama-actors-hospital-playlist-2-remains-no-1-drama

• Awesome 1

Ok...so this past week i made an FMV, my first one. 

This is a song from Jealousy Incarnate , for the character Lee Hwashin played by JO Jung Suk. Amazingly this song suites so well to the situation of Lee Ikjun. More amazingly both characters played by JJS. And their character's names also have LEE in common. Though why both characters are pinning for FL , are different reasons apparently. But those who have watched JI must know that the reasons are both quite similar. There also LHS tries to forget about his love because his love was kind of dating his BF.

SO.....with all these similarities , i wonder why this idea of making this particular FMV hit so late.....But anyways, watch and enjoy....

• Like 1

I'm in the minority perhaps but I think Shin Hyun-Been (Jang Gyeo-Wul) is a pretty excellent actress and she's doing great. She's not a very emotive person, that's been established. I think she's just a very restrained person, and even when she's upset, she's consistently restrained, and I feel her pain.

• Like 7

Hospital Playlist 2: Episode 10

by lovepark

hospitalplaylist2-10-00350.jpg

As our characters deal with secrets from their past, unforeseen tragedies, and sudden reunions, it feels like life can be relentlessly brutal at times. However, just as there are dark periods in one’s life, there is also hope in the form of second chances, unwavering trust, and unlikely friendships. Besides that, a little rock and roll from time to time helps let off some steam, and a good pair of leather pants and chains might just be what the doctor ordered.

EPISODE 10 RECAP

hospitalplaylist2-10-00003.jpg

Receiving a call from Jae-hak, Joon-wan puts his talk with Ik-soon on hold and heads to the ICU. After he finishes, he returns to the ER, but her bed is empty. He checks his phone and finds a text from Ik-soon, promising to contact him once she has some free time. Noticing the late hour, Joon-wan decides against calling her back and walks away.

In the hospital garden, the fellows enjoy a nice break and comment on how much leisure time they have now compared to before. Dr. Bong corrects them since their schedules will only get busier from here, and it makes him appreciate the five friends even more for balancing work with their band practice.

According to Jae-hak, the group is meeting today as well, and Seon-bin chimes in with even more details. Despite knowing a great deal, neither of them has figured out the history behind their name, “Gongnyong Ridge” (aka, Dinosaur Ridge), so Dr. Bong fills in the gaps. He tells them that the group was originally a hiking club, but in reality, they never go hiking and only eat food. Heh.

Outside the ER, Jung-won begs his friends to join him on the trail, but they adamantly refuse to participate because mountains were meant for viewing not conquering (ha!). He claims that the course is for beginners and yells at them to search it up on the internet.

Without missing a beat, Ik-joon warns him to watch his tongue because Joon-wan does not know how to use the internet. Jung-won gasps at his blunder, and Joon-wan turns in head as if offended by the heinous comment. Pfft.

Their argument ends when Song-hwa pulls up in her car and shouts at them to get in. Ik-joon naturally opens the passenger side door, but Jung-won takes his place, leaving him with the dreaded middle seat.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/09/hospital-playlist-2-episode-10/

What times have you guys seen it come up on Netflix? Is it 1hr after the episode ends? I am so bored tonight I am actually contemplating whether to stay up for it. Or sleep early and wake up early for it since I am 30 minutes timezone wise behind South Korea.

I cannot watch multiple dramas at a go and unfortunately my other 3 dramas airs on Fri nights and the weekends.

Don't know why I am excited to watch early since I am almost certain the SK dinner date won't end well. Yet I am still so curious how the scene will be executed. The most optimistic me hopes it's a scene where they start to date but the realistic me says nothing is ever so simple on Hospital Playlist. 

@ryanallright thanks for not doing outright spoilers.

Its not 5am yet. And I am debating whether to watch ep 9 now or continue sleeping. Its a bit hard to ignore that one line comment above. Aish.

Sleep. And be more alert for work. Or watch after that comment. Since I don't even know who marrez1 shipped. Aish again.

Addit- running off to work. 102 minutes!! How long was episode 9? Lol

Ahn Chihong was here!! * squeal* bring him back for season 3 then please? I was such a fan back then.

I rewatched my bias couple 10× hence why I am late. My poor fluttering heart. 

Bye guys. Enjoy. I need to rewatch it again tonight.

* Spoilers Ahead *

Song Hwa and Ik Jun…what can I say, but that I love these two so much. I have always believed Ik Jun’s feelings for Song Hwa had resurfaced during her breast cancer scare. The moment we realize we can potentially lose someone is usually when we realize how much that person means to you. It was the same for Song Hwa and it led her to take the leap with Ik Jun, with no regrets. After a missed opportunity 20 years ago, I am happy they got their second chance. What is beautiful to me is that they have built such a strong friendship in between, which I believe is a solid foundation for a relationship. All those years as friends were meaningful as it eventually evolved into something truly beautiful. I loved how they embraced and looked at each other with so much happiness as Ik Jun held her face.

I think Ik Jun’s injury and stay at the hospital was a parallel of Ik Sun’s in season 1. When she visited him in his hospital room, he did the bird trick with the tissue paper and introduced her to Jun Wan as his sister. In season 1, when Ik Sun was a patient there, she did the same bird trick and introduced Ik Jun to Jun Wan as her brother. It was from here on that Ik Sun and Jun Wan began their relationship. So, I feel this parallel in season 2 represents the start of a new beginning or second chance for Ik Sun and Jun Wan. The awkwardness is gone, and they seem natural/comfortable with each other again.

I admire how honest and direct Min Ha is. Throughout their date, she felt Seok Hyeong’s feelings were mutual for her, but she did not want to be left guessing it was so. She wanted a verbal confirmation from him. I was glad Seok Hyeong was a gentleman and finally confessed to her.

Our dear U-Ju…he is a smart little guy and cannot be fooled by the adults. I understand the adults wanted to protect U-Ju, but Ik Sun was right in not lying and deciding to tell him the truth about what happened to Ik Jun. Ugh, I teared up when he ran into his dad’s arms and hugged him crying. Their father-son relationship is too precious.

I appreciate the show did not wait until the finale to firm up the love lines. Based on the preview for episode 12, it looks it will focus and conclude on patient stories, including Jae Hak and his wife. I am looking forward to it.

• Like 7

Oh....what a MIGHTY FAVOUR you did to us Iksongers and especially to me by showing them finally confessing & kissing in this 2nd last episode and not in the last episode ShinLee. WOW. BRAVO. What should i offer you as expression of my gratitude...hun...

Why so early?  Why sooooooo generous? There was no need to rush ...right... i mean after all there is WHOLE ONE MORE episode left. 

And who say that Gomgom and Iksong shippers also deserve many couple scenes just like scenes of winter garden and Bidulgi.....ofcourse they do not.....right...after all we should be just thankful enough that yours highness gave us finally their confessing scenes in the 2nd last episode ...who we are to ask for more.

• Like 2

While it's fine to immediately write about small things that does not contribute to the plot, isn't there some unspoken consensus about using spoiler tags at least for the first 24hrs upon airing when discussing breakthrough developments/plots? I know some people is excited and all and couldn't wait to share their joy, but do be considerate to those who live in other timezones or those who are waiting for full subs. Share your view all you want but it is good manners to use the spoiler tags...