[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

I don't understand what happened to Jun Wan's package....did it get returned back due to wrong address?? Oh, I liked how Jong Won and Gyeo Wul came around. Poor Min Ha though...Seok Hyung is not over his ex wife clearly. I am still hoping it works out for them next season. Chi Hong...I don't care for him. He makes me uncomfortable. Fully on board Ik Jun and Seong Hwa ship. They used my all time favorite song today. Me to You, You to Me and its raining here today at my end. Ah! The feels....I wish they did not make Jeon Mi Do sing off key and tone here...she has a pleasant voice...shame they made Seong Hwa tone deaf character....I mean its funny but also doesn't let her vocals shine.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Was anyone else on pins and needles when Dr. Jang confessed and asked Jeong Won to stay? I really applaud her courage because I was emotionally right there with her and felt every bit of tension, fear, sadness, and all the other emotions she was feeling in that scene before he stood up. I couldn’t help feeling impressed with her after the whole scene passed. 

• Like 9
  • Love 9
  • Awesome 2

Many people were discussing about the future of Kim Jun Wan and Lee Ik Sun. Here are my thoughts....

Actually no one ever wrote much about their story and took granted that it will sail smooth (overlooked tiny details, I too did that). Here are some point which I just realized... Take a look and tell if my interpretation is right?

Jwan sent her the rings and I feel that, IS has the capability and heart to send back those rings, and it might be the twist of the season 2 for Jwan. There are two possibility. that he will become really insensitive and ungenerous or become to soft and gentle, passive or aggressive to his current state.

Fighting Jwonna, I wish the best for you... (as you're closet to many's heart due to your habit of not expressing and keeping your pain and anguish with yourself.:dissapointed_relieved:

And if you ponder carefully, I never saw IS supporting him (not saying she was not faithful, but was never too much involved and invested in his life (may be because of her ex's history), but he was always there for her, looking for her each and every small need and feelings.:heartbreak: Aigoo uri Junwanna. I really don't want your feelings to be hurt, but my criminal mind keep thinking about your future. Ik sun accept those rings, let him live happily with you....:innocent:

See by rule is simple (need not be correct though) that those who sailed smoothly in or at the end of the season would face harshness in next and those who didn't get to feel the love this time might be down poured with it in the next.

Don't feel too depressed after reading this. Just presuming the worst scenario....

• Like 5

I watched it on netflix and immediately slide right to the last 10 minutes. I'm not into winter garden ship but found myself smiling during their kiss. I'm happy to see their ships' sailing while mine is missing a propeller. lol :D 

I enjoyed every episodes but the end makes me wonder what the drama is all about??? Except for the obvious that its about the hospital, friendships, family, retro music, social issues... but something in me feels like some connections are missing, that the drama wanted to impart an issue or a story and I am clueless. :grimace:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wook's Fan said:

And if you ponder carefully, I never saw IS supporting him (not saying she was not faithful, but was never too much involved and invested in his life (may be because of her ex's history), but he was always there for her, looking for her each and every small need and feelings.:heartbreak: Aigoo uri Junwanna. I really don't want your feelings to be hurt, but my criminal mind keep thinking about your future. Ik sun accept those rings, let him live happily with you....:innocent:

See by rule is simple (need not be correct though) that those who sailed smoothly in or at the end of the season would face harshness in next and those who didn't get to feel the love this time might be down poured with it in the next.

Don't feel too depressed after reading this. Just presuming the worst scenario....

I do feel that Ik Sun is less invested in this relationship than Jun Wan, I don't blame her but that is why I was wondering, did the address mishap cause it to come back or did she send back the rings because Jun Wan asked before sending those rings right?? To be honest, realistically, I don't see how Ik Sun Jun Wan survive this long distance relationship. It would be possible if they had dated for years but their dedication and mindset going into the relationship is so different. I don't doubt their love but love alone is not enough to sustain a relationship so I wonder if we will see this one end next season. I won't be mad at Ik Sun but heartbroken for Jun Wan. I hope they make it though.

• Like 2

@triplem You have updated the thread title, But at the end of 12th ep, this was shown...

1300fb8f317628372af8117dc62d72dcc057dfae

I really don't think we are getting the season 2 in 2020, some of the actors have already been booked for musicals and movies and they also previously mentioned somewhere that shooting will start only in Nov 2020. It's going to be a long wait. Sighhhh. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

I don't understand what happened to Jun Wan's package....did it get returned back due to wrong address?? Oh, I liked how Jong Won and Gyeo Wul came around. Poor Min Ha though...Seok Hyung is not over his ex wife clearly. I am still hoping it works out for them next season. Chi Hong...I don't care for him. He makes me uncomfortable. Fully on board Ik Jun and Seong Hwa ship. They used my all time favorite song today. Me to You, You to Me and its raining here today at my end. Ah! The feels....I wish they did not make Jeon Mi Do sing off key and tone here...she has a pleasant voice...shame they made Seong Hwa tone deaf character....I mean its funny but also doesn't let her vocals shine.

I think its perfect. Her character is too perfect for a human being - kind, hardworking and everything. Thus the title is Ghost!. Writer nim make and let her be tone deaf to make us feel she is just a human in some way

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

12 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

I do feel that Ik Sun is less invested in this relationship than Jun Wan, I don't blame her but that is why I was wondering, did the address mishap cause it to come back or did she send back the rings because Jun Wan asked before sending those rings right?? To be honest, realistically, I don't see how Ik Sun Jun Wan survive this long distance relationship. It would be possible if they had dated for years but their dedication and mindset going into the relationship is so different. I don't doubt their love but love alone is not enough to sustain a relationship so I wonder if we will see this one end next season. I won't be mad at Ik Sun but heartbroken for Jun Wan. I hope they make it though.

Maybe after first two weeks in UK, she hooked up with UK Military guys?? Heh..

I can only guess she had to move out in the last minute

2 hours ago, nhquan94 said:

Guys, below is the IK Jun confession scene (roughly).

IK Jun: 고백하면 상처 어색할 술 것 같고.... 그렇다고 이번에도 고백 안 하면 평생 후회해야 것 같고..... 어떻하지?

If I confessed then the wound could become worse (awkward) .... saying that if this time I didn't confess then I could regret my whole life.... what should I do?

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@nhquan94 Netflix has the Korean subtitles... Do you have access to Netflix?

The word he used is Sal Jjak 살짝

The line at that scene fluttered my heart lol. In netflix subtitle IJ said “But if i chicken out AGAIN, and not tell her, i’ll regret for the rest of my life”. At this scene, basicly IJ cobfessed that he has feeling to her long time ago and chickened out. Anybody can confirm this to the original conversation?

shiddd why Winter garden ship sailed faster than IJ-SK. Too much teasing, not cool.
congrats tho Winter garden couple. 

ezgif-1-192d36b179c8.gif

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

It's 1:40 am here..I came here to get some enlightenment about IkSong ship..

I feel so empty because this season has left me in hanging with IkSong ship..I was really hoping we could finally read SongHwa in this episode..Sadly it didn't happen..Wishing for a lot of IkSong next Season..

Happy for WinterGarden...though..(at least there is one happy ending for season one)

Sad especially for Jun Wan..feel sad for him

And Seok Kyung..wished he accepted MiNah..but then again with the call from his ex-wife makes me wonder whether he patches up with her next season...arrrghhhhhh so many unanswered questions..

Wishing for a very good season 2..

I will definitely miss waiting for Thursday nights..

Will be rooting for IkSong ship to materialise from the beginning of Season 2 only ..

Rooting for IkSong ship!!!!

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

I am curious on how will the writer-nim approach the Hospital Playlist at each season ending? The PD wants it to be open-ended where viewers will interpret the situation from his point of view. I saw only one Reply series, and it is somewhat reached its conclusion . the married Taek, the families who living in the neighbourhood move on and ventured through to their new lives, and then various ending for the characters. 

Then we were introduced to Prison Playbook - a mythical story about prison life. It is somewhat a borderline of unrealistic but felt real as the character introudced each circumstances of the convict and how they evolved through the years they in the prison. It is mainly for me - a story of Shawshank Redemption of Jae Hyuk the baseball player and how he rise from bottom with the support of close friends, his connections and his own will. Not every of them had a good ending - we dont know about Han Yang, and we dont know about the Manager Go, Kaist and very likely, the writer wants us to interpret the ending by ourselves. 

There were five or six main in the Playbook series. One had a misfortune, which is our fav Han Yang, who went for the drug again. 

Seeing this, it makes me feel like one of our Fives 99ers will have a bad or misfortune. I do hope it will not affect our Jeong Won.

Seok Kyung had it enough. it makes me feel sad- what kind of karma his father accumulated and pass through to him.. sighh..

• Like 3

@nrllee

See.. i told you.. all theories aside, if a girl is not well or really struggling the one who loves her will be there..

Cancer results - it is crucial, whoever she ends with had to be there (while we still don't know if IJ was the only one)

JW being there for Jhang came as a surprise..but allergic reaction is so small in front of cancer, and if these two really stand for first love, then that's it .. is it? .. i can't fathom if he likes SHwa, worrying so much for an allergic reaction is very opposite direction
( i really can't shake ep 2 eye contact relay.. still think JW liked SHwa at some point in college.. )

My conundrum is.. if you can run to wait outside her room for allergic reaction, how or why would you not run to cancer hospital for a 20 yrs of friendship ... character development is not consistent.. and this team can't be so lazy with their art treatment

Biggest LOL moment - he joined his own hospital so late? 3 yrs back? Gyeol was at hospital before he joined.. what was he doing..and where.. 

Poor Rosa... her kids are weird...all of them

I still don't know how to interpret IJ-Shwa.. she rejected and they went back to being friends? Isn't it..

i thought SH would be open to Mina.. that came from nowhere..

essentially every other ship broke up.. even intern ship didn't feel like sure shot thing.. except JW's virginity might be at stake :P

Potentially s2 is about IJ-SHwa comign together. is it?

Jwan and IK - breakup phase? or is she coming back

WIntergarden - responsible for cutesy in s2

Very abrupt.. why did he decide to not become a priest , all of a sudden?

MiDo is AWESOME.. for an excellent singer to fake / act being a convincing non singer :P

Yoo yeon seok brought such a beautiful and warm humane character alive he is such a perfectionist...

Btw I would really like to point out the similarities between him and his character ahn jeong won...

1. He is meticulous as well and likes cleanliness and order.

2. He is always appreciated by his costars as someone who organizes and cleans up table well after having food together ( i remember his warm and cozy costar and whistle blower costar say so).

3. He likes kids (watch his reality show wekid, he is known as crybaby there coz he mostly cried) :lol:.

4. He is a photography maniac too.

5. He also donated a lot. He with his friend son ho jun made coffee and drinks for ppl for which all the money went for donation for a whole year.He later had a reality show about it too (coffee friends).

6. He really is just like jeongwon when it comes to his friends....watch him on youth over flowers:joy:. He really lets himself go.

7. He is a perfectionist at his job like jeongwon..from singing to acting.

8. He likes travelling too ( as jeongwon does over seasons).

• Like 6
  • Love 9