[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

Cant write anything much now since my hands still shaking, happiness overload lol. All i can say is... Congratulations, winter garden is sailing! We were not delusional to think that Jeongwon likes Gyeoul :wub: gotta write my feeling about the finale tomorrow. For now I will go to sleep peacefully, knowing my winter garden heart got what it wants :wub::wub:

• Like 5
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, kiefshi1056 said:

Oh no! I just remember something SEASON 1 writernim made Jwon give up his Priesthood and made the WINTER GARDEN comes to REAL. But take note the father who threat Jwon didn't came out again he might be in Season 2 for revenge and might something happen to Gweol in protecting or saving Jwon from him then he really will give up being a doctor and become a Priest. Please no don't do that Writernim :vicx:

i think the evidence of the father abusing his kids are pretty strong 

he should be in jail for a couple of years

unless he escape from prison

• Like 6
  • Insightful 5

Episode 12 recaps part 1

SHwa is drinking coffee and looking at the evening view when someone knocked on her door. Meanwhile JWon is running around the parking lot, while calling RS and ask her to have a dinner with him. He promised he won’t talk about him wanting to become a priest. JWon ask why she visited the hospital without meeting him but RS said she is busy and she already had an appointment.

GW is sitting in a dazed after her talk with RS. IJ approached her. GW asked if he didn’t leave for the day and IJ says WJ is currently at his parents and he has a dinner plan with SHwa. He is waiting for her. IJ asks if she wants to talk about something. GW hesitates to say what in her mind. IJ then ask her, since when she likes JWon and what makes her likes him. GW said it was a given, but we didn’t get to hear what GW says.

The one who visited SHwa is CH. CH says he heard that SHwa will go to Sokcho branch. SHwa is surprised to hear the news has spread quite fast. CH said he wants to follow her to Sokcho but SHwa firmly say no. It’s not the time for a 3rd year resident like him to do his job at branch hospital where he might have to do the entire resident job. SHwa told him to focus for his last year, gather more experiences and do his job as the chief resident later. CH facial expression is hardened while hearing that. He says he will decide for his path and life by himself.

JWan is thinking about the couple ring before he calls IS. They agreed to meet with each other later at night, at IS’s place.

IJ and SHwa visited SHyeong room to invite him for a dinner, but SHyeong is sitting silently at his room. They knew about the will. SHyeong’s father wrote his will after he knew about the mistress pregnancy and seems to leave quite a lot of his wealth for the mistress. SHyeong is asked to quit his job as a doctor and take care of the company.

Another day has passed. IJ wants to ask SHwa to have a lunch together but see JH and an intern waiting n front of SHwa office. They are waiting for their turn to consult with SHwa. SM came out of SHwa room and when asked about what he talked about, he says about his love life. IJ cut the line and ask SHwa for lunch but SHwa said no, she has a schedule and JH shoved IJ away and singing praises for SHwa. IJ pouted and crashed to JWan JWon empty room. He steals JWan sweets and while he opens JWon’s drawers, he closes it silently when he saw it’s full of rosary and the bible.

JWon got an emergency call from dr Bae. He later calls GW to prepare for the surgery. GW almost ready eats her 2 cups of ramyeon, but immediately leaves behind her food and prepare for the surgery.

IJ’s partner for lunch is MH at Obgyn Dept. MH talk about her confessing to SHyeong and IJ ask why SHyeong makes MH wait for long when SHyeong join them. IJ realized it’s too soon for him to ask SHyeong and left bear couple to their lunch date.

Hong Do currently assisting in GS Dept. One of his patients is a newlywed couple whose wife can’t be a donor for her husband, because there is some law or procedure (?) that states they need to be couple at least one year before the wife can donor her organ to the husband.

GW’s stomach is rumbling loudly during the operation because she didn’t eat before the surgery. One of the nurse/doctor comments that GW must be too busy to can properly eat. JWon says once the surgery is ended and the patient is recovering nicely, he will buy her a meal.

SM shares the task and job as chief resident with CH at NS staff room. SHwa came inside and asks CH and Yun Bok (who currently at NS this time) to join her for dinner and leaving out SB and SM. SB asks why both of them are left out and SHwa gives some excuse while shooting a meaningful gaze at SM. Once SM and SB are let alone, SB confessed that SHwa did that purposely to give them the time alone. It’s because he talks about his feelings for SB to SHwa and SHwa encourages him to say it. He says to SB that he likes her.

November 30, all OT5 are busy with their stuffs. JWon is checking the patient post surgery together with GW, IJ is preparing for his upcoming presentation, SHyeong too is studying at his room, JWan is busy with his surgery, and SHwa is also studying. JWon visits SHwa room, asks why she hasn’t left. He also apologized because he thinks he has given her more burdens (for Daddy Long Legs) and say he will take it back and wish her to focus on her health. SHwa say no, she wants to do it because she already excited about what she can do for the program.

Meanwhile SHyeong visits IJ room. IJ just finished his PPT and they have a short talk. IJ talks about MH with SHyeong. SHyeong says MH confessed to him but he says that he is not interested yet to pursue another relationship. He did say to MH to look for another person other than him. It’s not the time for him to date someone. SHyeong says he likes his condition like now, alone. IJ asks who does SHyeong have by his side other than OT4 and his mother? IJ has WJ, IS and his parents. JWan has his gf (aka IS), SHwa has her brothers, JWon has his brothers and sisters. SHyeong says he’s afraid to be hurt and to give hurt to people around him. Later they go for a drink together.

JWan finished his surgery late at night, almost 2 am. He talks with IS through phone call. When he stepped out, he says he saw someone similar with her appearance walking towards him. It is really IS. They share a hug and long kiss in front of the ER.

JWan asks IJ if he will see IS off at the airport, but IJ says he’s busy. Beside their parents will see IS off, so if he’s not there then it’s alright. JWan asks him for a drink but IJ says he has a surgery. Meanwhile SHwa is doing rounds with CH and YB. She’s proud seeing CH can handle the patient quite well.

Go Paksa (I don’t remember the patient name, just his previous character at Prison Playbook) admitted to the hospital and will soon have a surgery. IJ visits him at night to explain for the upcoming surgery. That night, IJ and SHyeong joined SHwa at her room for dinner/supper. JWan is busy with an emergency surgery and JWon still doing rounds at PICU. IJ told SHwa to stop packing her things and to eat first. He will help her pack later. Their menus for the night are pizza and pasta.

Later JWon visit SHwa’s room for his late dinner. She smiles looking at him eating happily. She guessed his patients must be recovering well and JWon asks how she and the other guys knew about the condition of his patients so well (well duh they can guess from your expression JWon). SHwa says they have good feelings. JWon talks about SHwa moving day to Sokcho. It’s the same day when IJ leave to his conference in Spain. SHwa wants to ask something but she cancelled what she wants to talk.

JWan is still struggling with his surgery. The patient is bleeding so much. On another day, SHyeong got lots of outpatient and the expecting mothers are tired because they are waiting too long. JWan has to let the parents of his patient knew about the bad condition and the parents ask for a moment for them to spend with their son. The mother asks the son to not give up.

IJ helps with the transplant coordinator to look for the donor for Go Paksa. JH suggest something as another way to save the patient and JWan decide to follow his suggestions and to do another surgery. Meanwhile one of SHyeong’s patient, her baby’s heart has stopped beating when it still inside the belly. The mother cries so loud and the mothers outside all become silent and can understand the pain. No one is complaining.

SHwa’s patient’s condition has gotten worse and she has no choice but to announce about the brain death. Looking at the patient name, SHwa shares with CH that the patient made her remember about her previous patient during her resident day. They shared the same name and both can’t be saved. YB heard SHwa’s stories and realized that SHwa is the young doctor. SHwa regretted that she couldn’t do much back then and she couldn’t forget about the patient. YB started to cry and SHwa is confused. YB suddenly hugs her and cries harder. When SHwa asks why, YB says she missed her mother. SHwa too finally realized who YB is and relieved to see her grows up well and comforts her.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 7

I always thought he got her number from Ik jun

But this more sweet was he got her number saves in his phone all this time  :wub:

15906791771590679165.gif

~ did I say I will massage 
15906796131590679608.gif

I want to see when he send massage too ( greedy me :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, yukiyukiku said:

i think the evidence of the father abusing his kids are pretty strong 

he should be in jail for a couple of years

unless he escape from prison

I really hope so. So our Winter Garden will have mini WinterGarden then micro mini Winter Garden. :w00t:

Writernim you heard it! the evidence is strong don't you dare Reserve the court's decision :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Saw on Weibo, one person mentioned that today in one of the scene, IJ is learning Spanish but closed his book when SHyeong entered.

Dr Bong did mentioned that he was always playing during university days yet he always score the top.

So IJ always studied hard in secret :D

• Like 7
  • LOL 17

So SH is holding back from getting together with MH because he doesn't want her to be hurt by his circumstances. He referred to his ex-wife experience. That means he actually likes her too but doesn't want her to be in a difficult situation being with him.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 11

I'm glad for Wintergarden but I do wish we could have seen more of how Jeong Won started liking Gyeowul. But this writer has a tendency to show more of one side of the relationship so I'm not expecting anything lol.

Unrelated, but I cried so much in this episode. Especially when Seok Hyeong's patient got horrible news and the camera just pans out to all these other expecting mothers hearing her pain in the hallway...oof, my heart hurt so much. At least his other patient with a history of miscarriages is doing well...

• Like 14
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1

Episode 12 recaps part 2

CH found someone waiting in front of NS room. It’s the police patient who is recovering well. The man says his thanks towards CH especially for encouraging him to not lose hope. He will go back to work as police soon. He gives CH a fountain pen as a gift and wishes him well for his future.

IJ finished operating Go Paksa and the surgery went well. He let the wife knew about the result and explain to the young son that his father is alright with sign language. IJ found out that the boy can’t talk and hear when the wife was crying back then. He wrote and asked the boy to hug his mother and it was confirmed when the mother try to assure her son with sign language.

At night JWon is thinking deeply about something and SHwa smiles knowingly. She asks if he has something to talk about with her. But JWon just stays silent. She says she agrees with whatever he is thinking right now. JWon then says SHwa is really like a ghost (a pun on her nickname) because she knew about what he is thinking inside. SHwa categorized their friends to different group. IJ and JWan as one group, they will fight with each other during eating. SHyeong belongs to another group, he enjoy eating alone. And there is JWon, someone who feel happy when looking at someone eating happily.

After his fight with IJ about ramyeon, JWan and IJ are resting together after their surgeries. IJ commented that IS is already on the way to UK and JWan flipped out and shouted because he forgot about it due the emergency surgery. IS has left many messages before she left and JWan just read it after he finished his surgery. He didn’t and couldn’t check his phone at all. He’s still feeling depressed when JH knocked to let him know that the patient is recovering well. JWan asks JH to join him for fresh air.

Outside, JH talk about his experiences and thoughts as a doctor. He’s afraid about making decisions because his decisions will affect people’s lives. He asks JWan what should he do then? JWan tells him to come and ask him and he will let JH know about the answer. Now it’s JWan turn to ask. He wants to give a couple ring as x-mas present for his gf, but his gf doesn’t like it. What should he do? JH tells him to ask what JWan’s gf think about it, not just thinking over it by himself. He then tsk-ed him for not know much about relationship or love. (JH is becoming cheeky and brave with JWan hahaha)

IJ says goodbye to WJ. WJ whispers to IJ for him to bring many chocolates and presents. (See you at season 2 WJ) JWan calls IS that he wants to send something for her and wants her to wear it anywhere. IS says to be careful with writing the address or his package won’t be send to her.

SM visits NS room where SB and YB currently occupying. The atmosphere between SB and SM is strange and awkward. SM asks SB to eat together and YB slowly and awkwardly left the duo alone. SB agreed for a dinner with SM later that night.

SHwa’s moving day and IJ was there before his flight to Spain. He has something to consult with her. He asks her to listen carefully. ‘She is my friend. We have been friend for a long time and I have started to like her. If I confess, I’m afraid our relationship will become awkward. But this time, if I don’t confess, I think I’ll regret it forever. What should I do?’ SHwa is speechless and looks away. IJ puts his hands on her shoulder and says, ‘Take your time to answer. I’ll hear it after I’m back. See you.’

At the same day, CH is moving to his new place. He got a present from SHwa, comfortable shoes for him to wear as Chief Resident. SHwa wrote list of things for him to do and prepare as Chief residents. CH flashback to the day he got caught having feelings for SHwa and her rejection. He was the one who puts the vase at her desk. He bought her new shoes because he saw she was massaging her feet while wearing worn-out shoes.

It’s almost Christmas where OT5 meet up together for a band practice. They have jjajangmyeon party before they start playing. IJ is curious to hear about SHyeong’s decision whether he will continue as a doctor or quit to take care of his father company. SHyeong says he will stay and let professionals to manage the company. He says he wants to do something that he likes and wants. Like forming the band again. It’s all his selfish wish and he apologized to them. All of them just laughed at him, because everyone honestly enjoy to play together again. Today band practice is a cover of K-Movie The Classic (I to You, You to Me). Everyone takes part in singing and everyone has their solo part. Although SHwa’s voice in here still out of tune, the Mido and Parasol version for the OST 12, JMD sings and blends very well with others.

Christmas Eve, JWon is working hard taking care of his patients inside PICU. Her previous patient visited him after she is getting better to say thanks and wishes him happy Christmas. Go Paksa is recovering well post-surgery and IJ says he can leave the next day. JWan patient too is recovering nicely after 2nd surgery and can leave for the day with his parents. This time, HD can also answer IJ’s quiz rightly.

On Christmas Day, JWan received a returned package from UK. GW knocked on JWon’s door and he welcomes her inside. GW gulps and takes a deep breath. With a shaky voice she talks, “Professor... I... Professor, I... I like you.” JWon stares at her while looking surprised (?) shocked (?). GW continues, “Why do my tears keep flowing out? *sigh* I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I know it’s not my place to speak like this, but can you just stay in the hospital and not become a priest? Not beside the God, but please stay beside me.” JWon looks at her with his deep meaningful gaze. GW can’t hold back her tears and keep apologizing to JWon. She can’t look at him in the eyes. JWon finally stands up and walk closer to her. He reaches out his hands to pat her head lovingly. GW turns her head up to look at him and JWon swoops for a kiss.During flashback, GW shares with IJ that she falls in love with JWon at her first sight when JWon joined Yulje. The day when GW collapsed due her allergy, JWon couldn’t finish his meal and run to the ER. When the nurse ER invites him inside to visit GW, JWon excused he had something to do and ask the nurse to take care of GW. Back on his conversation with SHwa, he confirmed that he will stay in the hospital as doctor and asked her to not say it to the guys, he has someone that he wants to let it know first about his decision. SHwa nodded knowingly and teased the winter has come. Gyeo Wool-ie~ and JWon smirked. JWan saw that JWon’s drawer has been emptied from the rosary and bible and he smiled knowingly.

SHyeong got a message from MH who invited him for a Christmas dinner at steak place with her. She said it’s alright if SHyeong don’t want to come but she really wished SHyeong can join her. SHyeong is thinking a lot before replying to his message. He says he can’t come because he has dinner plan with his friends. And then he got a call from his ex-wife...

To be continued in Season 2, in 2021.

Next week, a special broadcast of Hospital Playlist. Behind the scenes, NG scenes, including the first meeting between the OT5 and their short interviews in between too.

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, ChunSungIm said:

is on netflix now

1. ikjun are free roam doctor,he always roaming on any other departement,he was in ob gyn rest room then seok hyeong came and left because knows what happen with minha and seokhyeong relationship. then he roaming to jeong won and jung hwan room lol.

2. after 12 eps i realized maybe shin hyun bin or dr jang are ambidextrous. she eats with left hand but writes with right hand. big eater too,she eats 2 cups of noodles,but suddenly er call and when operation her stomach start growling because she didnt eat :lol: . jeong won then said after this surgery done i buy you some meal.:)

Yes she is ambidextrous

confirmed in wiki stated it :)

• Like 13
  • LOL 1