[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

32 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

What was the trigger then? don't think this is about romance..

This doesn't really answer anything.. him being fit or what his true passion is, i think all of us know that..

But, if a 40 yr old who is very careful about his decision, starts to think of alternate profession and pursue it so strongly.. and suddenly gives up = UNEXPLAINED, ABRUPT

Are you saying he wanted to be a priest since the moment he joined here?

GY has no or little play in this one.. i just don't see head or toe of this whole arc in romance

He has always been seen conflicted and in deep thoughts after his mother's request and reaction, after Ik Jun's chat and advise. Even the other 4 has been telling him to reconsider. I've also seen scenes where he had been thinking while holding the rosary bracelet, looking at the angel (?) on his desk - that to me all depicts his conflicted mind and heart. 

I think the biggest trigger is realising his happiness from saving patients and helping their family members. It was his patients, his mother, his friends, the hospital directors and Gyeo Ul was the final straw that made his decision firm. Love conquers all. 

Love from everyone including Gyeo Ul towards him and his love for them including Gyeo Ul. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he had completely enjoyed operating together with Gyeo Ul and watching her complete her surgery successfully - perhaps he wanted to see more of this too. Listening to her excitedly go over her experience reminding him of how he felt when he was just starting his career the same way. 

It is not abrupt - he loved being a paediatrician you can totally see his passion, being a priest has been his dream since he was young and the only way to do it is to see it fulfilled - but dream isnt always the passion. Passion is what makes you and keeps you alive moreso than dream. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
  • Insightful 1

9 hours ago, kokodus said:

I think he chose to give up priesthood mainly because of his little patients. He teared up two times in today's ep when a patient's mother told him how good of a doctor he is. I think that's the main push for his decision. You know how in the first ep when he was drinking with his brother every year, one year he wants to quit because his patients died, then the next year they showed how happy he was when a patient recovered and winked at him. And he declared that it's the most happiest day of his life. I think this is one of the good year for him where he saved many patients and he also found the love of his life. Up until the beginning of this ep he had all those religious stuffs in his drawer. So it's not ONLY because of Gyeo ul, but she also played a part. His conversation with Songhwa was so beautiful. When she said he is someone who gets happy seeing others happy. How true....

Yes, I agree with you. But I still feel it a bit rushed because until Ep 11 they showed Jeongwon still insisted to resign from his job and go to seminary. The flow will be more smooth & satisfying if they show the closure of his arc in 2 episode (Ep 11-12). But I think it's writer's style to make the plot jump here & there as a surprise element and sacrifice the character's clear development (like what she did for Junwan-Iksun).

I see a post here asking how did Songhwa know about Jeongwon's feeling to Gyeowool. Well, maybe Jeongwon share to Songhwa about his feeling, or maybe Songhwa know only by seeing Jeongwon's behaviour towards Gyeowool. Like I said before, Songhwa-Jeongwon have the deep mutual understanding in unspoken word, so I will not surprised if Songhwa can see Jeongwon's true feeling for Gyeowool. This is also make me suspect that Jeongwon knew the past history about Ikjun-Songhwa, and maybe in Season 2, it will be Jeongwon's role to help his two best friends finding their true love.

Anyway, I see spoiler Ep 12 and I still feel uncomfortable with Chihong's behaviour towards Songhwa. I love Chihong because he is a nice guy, but I hope the writer will not mistreat his character for the sake of triangle love like what he did to Chilbong (Reply 1994). I was a Chilbong shipper, but I don't agree how the writer developed Chilbong's character as the lonely guy who did not understand the meaning of "rejection", and still pursuing his love to Najung for 6 YEARS, eventhough Najung clearly draw a line from the start, and always show uncomfortable reaction for Chilbong's confession. I hope the writer show better development for Chihong's character in Season 2, and will not drag his unrequited love.

As for Songhwa, this episode proved that Songhwa is the most independent among Lacking 5 and she is indeed the emotional pillar of this group. No wonder all of her best friends being overprotective towards her. I am curious how the writer develop Songhwa's character, because so far she always seems can handle her own worries & struggle. Even in Ep 6 of her breast cancer diagnosis, it showed that she can overcome her own scare, and when Ikjun come to support her by saying he will save Songhwa (if she has cancer), Songhwa still viewed Ikjun's word in doctor's view, not romantic view.
So I wonder how the writer show the romance arc in Songhwa's side, and I guess we will find the answer in Season 2. So Happy Waiting :)

• Like 19

5 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

My conundrum is.. if you can run to wait outside her room for allergic reaction, how or why would you not run to cancer hospital for a 20 yrs of friendship ... character development is not consistent.. and this team can't be so lazy with their art treatment

:lol: I am still quietly paddling my FlowerGarden canoe.  I have replied to you in a message.

Actress Jeon Mido express her wish to see 'The World of Thr Married' Lee Moosaeng as psychiatrist in 'Hospital Playlist season 2'.

Original post: Nate

Netizens comments :
(+545,-23) Lee Moosaeng and Kim Heeae from The World of The Married.

(+237,-4) Me too ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

(+21,-7) I'm agree about Lee Moosaeng!

(+17,-5) Yeah, let's go to the love line with a new figure. Not a 20-year-old friend, Adalin, a divorcee, and a guy who has to take medicine.

(+16,0) So when is season 2 coming out?ᅲᅲᅲ
I can't believe Seokhyung ended season 1 with his ex-wife calling. Whoooong~

(+15,-1) Season 2 is 2021.
That's too much!!!
OTL

cr. Story Kpop

Can you all imagine in season 2, SHwa met a new guy in Sokcho during Season 2 and this new guy also wanna woo her.

There is a lot of competition, LMAO. 3 guys chasing one lady

3 minutes ago, nrllee said:

:lol: I am still quietly paddling my FlowerGarden canoe.  I have replied to you in a message.

If this does happened, people will flip at makjang

Giving us kiss at finale in Season 1 then last season FlowerGarden is too makjang

Furthermore, I think Shin PD will not make it too complicated as I think we analyse too much and think too much

Maybe he and writer Lee had already decide on the CP, this is not a Reply series

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, ryanallright said:

If this does happened, people will flip at makjang

Giving us kiss at finale in Season 1 then last season FlowerGarden is too makjang

Furthermore, I think Shin PD will not make it too complicated as I think we analyse too much and think too much

Maybe he and writer Lee had already decide on the CP, this is not a Reply series

All I know about this duo is to expect the unexpected.  So I take nothing for granted.  Winter Garden is having a party right?  So just party.  Leave me to paddle in peace. :)

• Like 2

I wanted Mi-do to stay #1 in Melon, but we have this beautiful OST part 12.  It hits you in the right spot, and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. Now, I just want all Hospital Playlist to dominate the charts HAHAHA <3 

EZFY9guUYAAkeyO?format=jpg&name=small

(I would really cry if they play this in a season 2 Ikjun-Songhwa-Rain moment. Definitely can't wait for it. I hope the cast can recharge so that they will return with an even stronger and better, if it's even possible considering how good it is, season.)

• Like 6
  • Love 5

21 minutes ago, nrllee said:

I had bestfriends over 10 years of friendship but yet i didnt go accompany him to do check up when she asked to not to. It was early in the morning in ep 6 and later that morning, all fivers came by and ask her conditions. Thats enuf for me. 

Plus, if I love someone, I would run as well to the ER

• Like 8
  • Love 3

22 minutes ago, midflight said:

I wanted Mi-do to stay #1 in Melon, but we have this beautiful OST part 12.  It hits you in the right spot, and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. Now, I just want all Hospital Playlist to dominate the charts HAHAHA <3 

(I would really cry if they play this in a season 2 Ikjun-Songhwa-Rain moment. Definitely can't wait for it. I hope the cast can recharge so that they will return with an even stronger and better, if it's even possible considering how good it is, season.)

Think top 5 will have Jeon Mido, Jo Jungsuk and Mido & Falasol by tonight

Hope they could stay for a month, LOL

'슬의생' 전미도 "'미도와파라솔', 다음 합주곡은 '록키'"

Based on google translate, they are already practising for Season 2.

They have not decided on the songs for Season 2 but JJS had suggested practising Rocky OST, 'Eyes of Tiger"

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Cantabile said:

But I still feel it a bit rushed because until Ep 11 they showed Jeongwon still insisted to resign from his job and go to seminary. The flow will be more smooth & satisfying if they show the closure of his arc in 2 episode (Ep 11-12).

But ep.11 is still in October if I remembered correctly. 2 months is plenty of time to reconsider his next step. This drama does the time jump a lot without clearly giving the time stamp. Anyway, his hesitation has been shown since the very beginning of the drama. If he was so certain about it, he wouldn't have waited so long and keep postponing and postponing going to the seminary.

• Like 15
  • Love 3

(referring to the new OST MV)

I freakin love how Jung Kyung Ho is feeling the feels in the songs and is expressing his singing through his hand gestures. 

Love the ending scene of all the guys surrounding Mi Do :heart:

This OST is definitely going to be on repeat.  

• Like 8
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, sakura22 said:

He has always been seen conflicted and in deep thoughts after his mother's request and reaction, after Ik Jun's chat and advise. Even the other 4 has been telling him to reconsider. I've also seen scenes where he had been thinking while holding the rosary bracelet, looking at the angel (?) on his desk - that to me all depicts his conflicted mind and heart. 

I think the biggest trigger is realising his happiness from saving patients and helping their family members. It was his patients, his mother, his friends, the hospital directors and Gyeo Ul was the final straw that made his decision firm. Love conquers all. 

Love from everyone including Gyeo Ul towards him and his love for them including Gyeo Ul. 

Ya.. that sounds plausible.. see that' s sthg i agree with in terms of influence this friend circle has on each others' decisions..

we have seen that time and again with SH, JW, others

I wouldn't be surprised if he had completely enjoyed operating together with Gyeo Ul and watching her complete her surgery successfully - perhaps he wanted to see more of this too. Listening to her excitedly go over her experience reminding him of how he felt when he was just starting his career the same way. 

ya

It is not abrupt - he loved being a paediatrician you can totally see his passion, being a priest has been his dream since he was young and the only way to do it is to see it fulfilled - but dream isnt always the passion. Passion is what makes you and keeps you alive moreso than dream. 

ya

1 hour ago, JungRok said:

Well we havent seen his own understanding and POV on GyeoUl. We did see he is slowly leaning to Winter and the signs were like the eyes, the torn expression and Ikjun who knew him for 20 years. Other than that, he might talk with Shwa often abt his feeling

Sorry .. don't understand your point..

what evidence points to him noticing GY at the same time and falling in love..

and he does not discuss these things with anyone

Abrupt? 

We saw the transition of months  

1st Rosa plead in Early November

2nd New patient in late Novembet

3rd his interaction with Gyeo Ul over the OR 

4th his discussiom with SongHwa. Seems like SHwa knows more than IkJun. And we didnt see the behind the scene of their discussion. And we didnt know when did SHwa know about Winter

5th His Mother Rosa. He is slowly warms up to the idea of not abandoning his lonely mother

6th We are still oblivious when did he developed that feeling!!

7th the reminder of unique status Yulje Pediatric Ward

Rosa plead = worthless... that's sthg that did not move him

New patient = patients not new.. life death situations not new either

GY - if you mean as romantic partner , i strongly disagree for that to be a motivation. GY as another poster put it.. with subtle tones of romance, but as a resident,.. and all those emotions/relations..more as a token of what doctor is all about and the hospital life..then yes

SHwa - they set that up beginning of the episode with people queuing to discuss things and that she is called psychic.. she knows..she is observant.. WHICH essentially warrants another question - She must have known IJ had feelings for her and did not reciprocate :)

6- ya

7 -ya

49 minutes ago, midflight said:

I agree with you. In terms of the progression of his relationship with Gyeo-ul, the emergency happened in episode 6. She ran after the father in episode 5. His perspective of her started to change in episode 2. I'm sure if they show us more flashbacks, we will really see the conflict Jeung-won was facing for the past ten episodes. 

Ik-jun just happened to push him by forcing him to admit to himself that the feelings he has for Gyeo-ul isn't just a mentor-student one. After this realization, it's easier for him to act according to how he truly feels about her because he knows what it is. This caused the shift in the atmosphere for the last two episodes. For some, it may be be unrealistic, but I'm perfectly contented with the pacing. If it's true that Gyeo-ul liked him from the very start and he started to see her differently starting April (the maggot scene), the pacing seemed reasonable, romance-wise. 

Jeung-won didn't pursue his priest dreams because of a lot of things, like his mother, his profession, his passion. All these things added up and his patient in the last episode was the final shove. Having Gyeo-ul and his romantic feelings for her was just a factor, but it was never about her. How the writer emphasized that really makes me happy because she did her best to keep him in character as well. 

yes..i agree

being a priest may be what he wanted since his childhood

but becoming a priest can not just having a desire, he must have a divine calling to begin with

If JWon convince that God has called him to be a priest, with his passion & faith for God that have been shown

throughout the series, im sure he would not hesitate & even delayed until he was almost 40s

And i think Jwon has misconception about being a priest.

He wanted to resign from being a doctor because he could not handle the loss of his patients despite his best efforts

Being a priest is even harder, for whenever Catholics & Christians are sick or their family relatives are being sick,

they always ask a priest/pastor to come & pray to support them 

And they are not always getting better, some pass away

If it is the time for them to go, then we, the family, can only let them go

Other than praying for the sicks, the priest must also support & comfort the bereaved families that being left behind

That's in case of sickness & death

Another case with domestic violence, there are some families that may be facing abuse or such

As a priest/pastor, he must not be emotional at the same time protecting lives at the timely manner

with legal, police, (maybe needed) social service assistance, so the victims can be rest assured that

they are safe & protected,  and the abusers can be caught with strong evidence that will put them in jail

These and many other problems happen in everyday lives that a priest must get involved for support, comfort, and direction

i'm not sure if JWon can  handle such pressure and yet keep the faith to support the families 

despite any unbenefiting situation (if there is any)

• Like 7
  • Love 6

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] Hospital Playlist/Wise Doctor Life, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 2 second half 2020

MIDO AND FALASOL

CHART DEBUT!!

MELON #10 ( 5 of top 10 is HOSPITAL PLAYLIST OST!!! ) 

GENIE #2 (#1 is jeon mido song )

BUGS #1 

SORIBADA #5 

Current melon ranking

#1 Jeon Mi Do

#3 Jo Jung Suk

#8 Joy

#9 Kyuhyun

#10 mido and falasol

#14 urban zakapa

#26 wheein

#62 mido and falasol ( drama ver ost )

#64 Kwon Jin Ah

#95 jrabbit

#100 kwak jin eon 

Lining up the chart at it finest. 

Thats 11 out of 14 in top 100!!!!!

AND I NEED TO REMIND YOU GUYS WHAT A COMEBACK FOR OUR WINTER GARDEN THEME SONG!!!!!

THE SONG ON RELEASE STAYING AT NEAR 100 OR OUT OF TOP 100 BUT NOW THE SONG IS TOP 10 MELON DAILY!!! The song comeback alive just like the growth of our winter ship that slowly but surely !!

Update:

11:30 AM KST

SORIBADA

#1 Jeon Mi Do

#2 Jo Jung Suk

#3  Mido and falasol

TOP 3 CONQUERED!!

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 7

11 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I love the mom :joy: , the way she run away from him as if she committed crime :D

Rosa is really taking Jongsu’s advice to just avoid Jeongwon at all costs :joy:

Jeongwon has been experiencing an internal struggle for so long. Probably also why he’s constantly having headaches from thinking too hard about his decision. Despite him brushing off his mom’s and friends’ attempts to talk him into staying, and continuous preparations for priesthood, he is still carefully deliberating at the back of his mind. I find this completely normal as people do this all the time. I know I have applied for opportunities I’m not yet really set on taking knowing I still have time to think it through. “Let’s cross the bridge when we get there.” as we say. And now he has finished his discernment and made his final decision almost at the last minute.

And this internal struggle was amplified by an external force in the character of Gyeoul. This has been building up slowly but surely in the episodes before the finale. Despite this, he has already made the decision even before Gyeoul’s confession. And I believe Gyeoul played a part in him making up his mind seeing how he wanted to tell her first. As I mentioned before, a milestone in love is equally valid as any other milestone. Him pursuing priesthood entails closing the doors to spending the rest of his life with someone and starting a family. So giving up priesthood because he has finally seen the possibility of his life moving towards the direction of sharing an intimate bond with someone is just as dignified as the realization of his deep joy in caring for his patients.

• Like 8
  • Love 15
  • Awesome 1