[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

21 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

I skipped my sleep. And watched it. In the middle of the night. I am so going to regret it when I have to work late today.

It's cathartic watching the final episode. I felt such relief. No more speculations for awhile. The flow. The flow is just fantastic. Even before talking about the episode I just have to marvel at the genius PD.  He really or that team really fits the bill for a genius team. Absolutely perfect- and imagine Ik Jun saying that with his Konglish and with flair.

Excuse me but did anyone warn me I would be crying bucketfuls for this episode? Not a single spoiler for that did we? The poignant scenes were particularly well done. My god the outpatient clinic scene. 

Talking about drawing a line Song Hwa is jjang. Straight down cut it down at the base. No space for misunderstanding. My heart hurt but applauded her at the same time.

Ok. My comment on Jeong Won. The shippers can swoon all they want. I wanted to say that was a masterpiece of a scene. The timing and emotions. Her little lip quiver- an actual quivering lip!!!- my god I wanted to applaud the actress. So few lines and its in the acting. * swoon, swoon, swoon *

Then the one kiss. Deep look. 2nd kiss and zoom out. Then hug. In a box with SNOW!! Clap, clap, clap PD- nim. Superb filming.

Back to viewer comment. Hahaha. GW is shell shocked. I think she seriously did not expect him to reciprocate. If I could say a character was in shock while being kissed that would be her. I cackled so much laughing at her expression. She was in disbelief.

And another comment. Omg. So THIS is what it feels like to have Chilbongie get the girl. Hard fought fight. Just for once can your characters win a girl easily YYS? Think of your poor fans. You made us sweat blood and tears. Blood. And. Tears. To see you get the girl.

I am still favouring Ahn Chi Hong all the way but as a YYS fan I say thank god.

And a note to Netflix fans. I am going to find the link where subscribers can complain. Far out brussels sprouts. Netflix wants to conquer the Asian drama market but they need to give some translation guidelines. I would eat my hat if the translator isn't a college student or under 30. Netflix is worldwide. Its NOT only in the US. * beep beep beep * with her- is it a her?- taking the romance out of any freaking lines with the trite phrases. Plus sub what you hear woman and not your interpretations of what the characters say. Shesh a brick. I am rewatching it again later without subs. Can you all actually take the time to feedback to them? I am not in the USA and my god if I want American phrasing I would be watching an American sitcom.

And for the Ik Jun confession scene... the song lyrics at that point is spot on.  Pity Netflix doesn't sub lyrics except for the band scenes. The trademark of this PD/ writer team are their song choices. And the lyrics always tell a story.

Bye all. I have to get ready for a work day. Nothing much to add. I intend to rewatch episode 12 anyway. Then the series. Then go buy the OST.

Enjoy peeps.

Do you know a good website to watch without netflix influence sub? 

I just realized. 

If the pd focuses on timeskip in 2021, then we wouldnt see awkward dating between Gyeo Wool and Jeong Woon?? 

I mean its Gyeo Wool 1st time and Jeong Woon 2nd attempt at his 40s. Man must be rusty a lot

Why did i said timeskip, 

It needs all Fivers for the Playlist to work. If SongHwa really settling in Sokcho for a year (with exception of Director order to ask her come back after neck disk physiotherapy ), then it really is timeskip to 2021.

That means we will lose Winter Garden interaction. I am really curious on how Professor+Resident Dating in this Wise Life universe.

I hope they will create an excuse for SongHwa to comeback earlier than expected. I predict it will be 6ix months after?

If you watch Korean Channel Doctors Sisters, they tell you a lot abt hospital dating scene. Hahaha

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Then he meets Dr Long Winter, the wildcard and his world goes a bit topsy turvy. 

Whether Jeongwon was staying or going was always the big question of the S1. In one form or another, it seemed to me, the answer was forthcoming. Of that I was reasonably confident. You could argue that he chose to stay in medicine or you could say he did it for love. I choose to think it was for both because of what he said to Song-hwa... that there was someone he wanted to tell first about his change of heart before telling the others. That the confession and the skinship all happened in his office is very telling and confirms what I've been saying here and elsewhere. He was wearing his everyday gear and she was in her work uniform. What we saw there was an intersection of the personal and the professional. She'd entered into his world, his space now... utterly and intimately. On Christmas Day which is celebration of Jesus the Saviour's birth, when the Son of God became a man... a new relationship is born in that office. Irony of ironies. When he reaches over and kisses her the priestly aspirant demonstrates that from this moment he too will live like an ordinary man with ordinary passions. In his Winter Garden.

This is in deliberate and sharp contrast to the end of Episode 6 and the beginning of 7 when she waited outside his office to ask him out. The clothing template was the same. He was in his everyday apparel while she was in uniform. But on that occasion he turned her down because he was a man with divided priorities. That was proven in the ER flashback scene. He did care very much and he was really worried. So much so that he ran. (Like the way she ran after the DV Dad) But he couldn't go all the way to her then because it meant crossing a line he wasn't ready to at the time. I think he had a sense if not an inkling of his own dilemma even then.

It's not difficult to see why YYS fanservices the WinterGarden dynamic at any given opportunity because he knew/knows that this season is in large part about him and that he has his own romance developed for his character arc. He knows, I suspect, that he got a pretty good deal out of this. I know we all have our own views on this. But for me, this is his role of a lifetime. 

There's something really special about the way he looked at her as he touched her head, her face and neck. As if to say that he was sorry that he had made her wait for so long and that she carried the burden of this all by herself.  When he kissed her he let it all go, setting the both of them free. What a superb performance by YYS.

(I will get to the other stuff later)

Damn good observation!!! I am really curious about youtubers review huhuhu.

In this episode, I noticed that one liver crihosis patient will return back after a year since they were'nt registered in marriage and KOSOS? for liver transplant needs for one year to be eligible. 

One scene truly hits me is the Ob/Gyn scene. 

Poor mother who losts her child in the midst of heavily pregnant. That amount of time tending to her pregnancy and preserverance, imagine her loss. I was too sad about it. The echo of crying throughout the hall way. Ohh my god. It was really Daebak. All the mothers felt the anguish and sadness. It reverbrates their hearts. 

And Do Jae Hak really evolves. For him to had tons of experience in medical exam school and his collectedness really makes me think he will be a good CS. Jun Wan who is a Ace Professor could not think the solution. Good for him to take advice. If it were other professor, they will knock some sense to Jae Hak for talking back at them (Korean Seniority and Authority toxic) 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I hope the part with Jun Wan and Seok Hyung were just curve balls because I would hate it if either Jun Wan or Min Ha gets heartbroken....Min Ha clearly still likes Seok Hyung a lot...poor girl. I am happy for Jeong Won but these two make my heart hurt right now.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, JungRok said:

Do you know a good website to watch without netflix influence sub? 

No its licensed and official. The streaming sites which rips legal subs are taking it from Netflix. All the streaming sites are ripping subs from the 3 official licensed subbing sites. 

Its fine for the general audiences. But for some of us who prefer the restrained approach where depending on the honorifics use makes the romance much sweeter the Netflix subs spoils it. And oh besides switching what is said in Korean to help the American audiences understand. And check out the actual song lyrics vs what was translated during the band song. 

That is probably why I am not all for Netflix and the now gone Dramafever. They catered for the American audience.

Am off to work. Enjoy ep 12.

• Like 6

Don’t be too worried about timeskip.

Season 1 aired in 2020 but the story started in early 2019. So when we have season 2, the story will go back in time, continuing where we left off and progressing by months like in season 1. Surely we urgently need to hear about that phone call SH get from ex-wife. 

As for the returned package, I’d like to think the positive. The package does not seemed to have been opened yet. So probably wrong address. JWan just need to fly there and give her the ring personally LOL

• Like 18
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Don’t be too worried about timeskip.

Season 1 aired in 2020 but the story started in early 2019. So when we have season 2, the story will go back in time, continue where we left off and progress by months like in season 1. Surely we urgently need to hear about that phone call SH get from ex-wife. 

Butbut but.. I cant imagine the Fivers interaction without SongHwa in Yulje... OMG

2 hours ago, Andrew - said:

Knets are so hungry ;)

In order of their preference: Wintergarden intimate scenes -> Bidulgi couple intimate scene-> Ikjun confession scene

Justice for my boy

pray for ikjun

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images. Thanks
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, JungRok said:

Butbut but.. I cant imagine the Fivers interaction without SongHwa in Yulje... OMG

She already said she will be back in Seoul for the weekends because it’s less hectic there. And who knows, with IJ’s confession, maybe she will change her mind and come back to Yulje sooner than one year? ;) 

• Like 9
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 2

About the package incident with Jun Wan and Iksun: I think the writers were toying with us to make it seen like a cliffhanger, but if you look at it--it's not a big deal. They were talking on the phone about the ring and how she wants to never take it off. Iksun warned Jun Wan that the mail is unreliable. And she's crazy in love with the guy. To passive-aggressively return the package without a word is just not  the kind of relationship they have. They talk about their issues and she's deeply in love with him, so it would be totally out of character for her to just ghost him without a word. Either she's on her way back to him or some mystery thing in her past caught up with her. NO WAY is it because she's dumping Jun Wan. 

• Like 17
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, Andrew - said:

Knets are so hungry ;)

In order of their preference: Wintergarden intimate scenes -> Bidulgi couple intimate scene-> Ikjun confession scene

Justice for my boy Ikjun :rage:

Lmao, dont worry tho, bith guys have a kissbscene, meanwhile our ikjun only finally confessed

Edited by triplem
Please do not quote images (pics, IG , YT, gifs) . Thanks
  • Like 2
  • Love 1