[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Kim Go Eun’s Best Outfits in “The King: Eternal Monarch”

Detective Tae Eul needs no fashion police because her style is always on point!

tkem-kim-go-eun-nm-2.jpg

We’re still reeling from the finale of “The King: Eternal Monarch,” but aside from the weight of the story’s conclusion (what did you think of it?), we’re still not over all the fashionable outfits we were treated to over the course of the show. There were Lee Min Ho’s kingly coats, Jung Jun Chae’s designer ensembles, and of course, Kim Go Eun’s cool sneakers.

It’s true that Go Eun’s outfits weren’t as luxurious as Jun Chae’s, but one thing’s for sure: She, too, has a great sense of style. I mean, it’s difficult to pull off layered winter clothes in a chic way, but Detective Tae Eul was able to do so, and all with her signature cool girl flair. As an ode to her style, we’ve rounded up all of her best looks from the show that prove just how great her fashion sense is:

READ MORE: https://www.preview.ph/fashion/kim-go-eun-best-outfits-the-king-eternal-monarch-a00300-20200618

• Like 6

2 hours ago, SweetButters said:

@koreaboooo So true !!! Gosh like I really do want to see KES's storyboard drafts for sure !!! I felt like she had originally planned out a bunch of crap that she didnt get to, so that's why maybe the middle episodes just felt so eh lol? I still have no clue if deleted scenes will ever be released, but I sure hope they do. At this point, Im either waiting on deleted scenes, an interview with KES to explain everything, or her storyboard hahah!! Just anything hahah !!!!

Whelp on my non-stop search for any contact info regarding writer KES, I basically only found the info for Studio Dragon (Hwa& Dam Pictures is a subsidiary):

So for anyone wanting to send mail that would maybe be forwarded to writer KES concerning your thoughts on TKEM, see above lol. I've been desperately been trying to find ways to contact writer KES lol.

Hahaha. I am getting concerned now for TKEM season 2 if you were to become one of the ghost writers on the show. First of all it would be hilarious and in the same time I think you would be able to write interesting elements but at the same time I am being hesitant because I don't know which direction you would go. 

I suspect if you were at the helm we would see less couple stuff and more mystic with more action and nothing is wrong with the addition of mystic and action specifically the action part. 

What direction would you take the show just curious in a potential S2

• Love 1

4 hours ago, madmad min said:

A series like Greys continues because it has a certain set of faithful audience so it comes season after season whereas for TKEM it isnt the case, it did not have a particular Genre or NSeries arc.TKEM S2 even possible will come after a year or so because this needs a Solid comprehensive storyline, it just cannot start with a What If or In the middle scenario , so the Faithful cult audience back to pavillion might be difficult.

In this part I think you misunderstood what I meant by starting from the beginning? What I meant is if they were to join other dramas the fans of the TKEM majority of them won't follow the cast into the new drama because they are fans of this drama But TKEM 2 will have bigger audience then it's previous first season

6 hours ago, CallieP said:

Your insight is interesting, This could be like GOT.  Who or what is MCU?  If doctors, social and  workplace issues are niche dramas, but this is mass consumption,  in your opinion, what sort of drama is this?   Why  isn't  King considered niche  and what is the reason for this drama to have mass appeal?  The romance,  parallel universe or something else?

I would like at least 1 more season so LMH can solidify his position with Netflix.

It's mixture of everything Fantasy, Sci-fi, romance, mystic but what makes it mass consumption is the time-travel, parallel worlds, mystic and clash of the arcs with high stakes on the line it becomes spectacle. It has supernatural elements on top of that and comes with big budget. It becomes mass consumed because all different target groups can watch it because it is an ''spectacle'' when a series have all the right elements, with big budget, supernatural elements, sci-fi, action, romance, fantasy, magic, time travel, mystic etc etc it's turns into super genre aka ''spectacle'' The mass cumsumers love spectacles and fall for that bait every single time.

That is why in theatres worldwide it is dominated by spectacle movies and all the big budget movies are spectacles and no one dose spectacles better then Marvel and the superhero genre and you even have the Fast furious, Aladdin, Lion king etc etc all are spectacles. TKEM has the spectacle elements because it has all the elements necessary The magic, mystic, time-travel, fantasy, epic romance etc etc joined. It just needs a bigger budget for second season and it will grow nearly double fold imo. 

TKEM exploded in it's first season but wait until you see second season because it will start to pick up fans while they are on hiatus but once they return with S2 sometime late 2021 which is an ideal time to release the series audience will nearly double fold and the same will happen to season 3. It will grow and this season was big for them but it's not even close to TKEM's full potential it can generate much bigger craze then it has currently and I would say 10 times bigger taking over netflix

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Heilo said:

Kim Go Eun’s Best Outfits in “The King: Eternal Monarch”

READ MORE: https://www.preview.ph/fashion/kim-go-eun-best-outfits-the-king-eternal-monarch-a00300-20200618

Like her outfits. Simple dress up with her good looking and charming face, make you feel more comfortable. She hold the stylish with those coats. Without any heavy makeup, made her more charming. To be honest, in TKEM, i pay more attention to her acting and charming face rather than fashion, because she really caught my attention.   :wub:  She balance up her acting and fashion whereby suit her character as police officer in TKEM.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2020 at 7:19 PM, AgentQuake said:

@Time loop you know how the kpops have been spamming Trump and his followers with fan cams?  We should spam him with this

Yes, spam Trump's twitter and FB or whatever with videos of TKEM and kisses. Maybe he and his friends will start watching Netflix and TKEM :joy:

• LOL 2

6 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

Like her outfits. Simple dress up with her good looking and charming face, make you feel more comfortable. She hold the stylish with those coats. Without any heavy makeup, made her more charming. To be honest, in TKEM, i pay more attention to her acting and charming face rather than fashion, because she really caught my attention.   :wub:  She balance up her acting and fashion whereby suit her character as police officer in TKEM.

I agree she has casual dress but it suits her character and she stands out. I am more into everyday looking women rather then these with to much make up 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elnin Joery said:

Hahaha. I am getting concerned now for TKEM season 2 if you were to become one of the ghost writers on the show. First of all it would be hilarious and in the same time I think you would be able to write interesting elements but at the same time I am being hesitant because I don't know which direction you would go. 

I suspect if you were at the helm we would see less couple stuff and more mystic with more action and nothing is wrong with the addition of mystic and action specifically the action part. 

What direction would you take the show just curious in a potential S2

@Elnin Joery Oh no, rest assured that if anyone from the TKEM team ever asked me to become a ghost writer for a season 2, I would give you guys a more cohesive, logical, fulfilling, and more luxurious season!!! Not the first time someone said I should be a ghost writer for this show so thankies !!! I understood where KES was trying to go, but in the end she fell short to deliver it in so many ways despite knowing the # of episodes she had available to say all what she needed to say. 

If I was at the helm, I would cut out a bunch of unnecessary crap or details as I would call it lol. The whole problem with TKEM to begin with was that it just kept on adding more crap after more crap lol. The reason for her adding so much science and mathematics to TKEM was suppose to make viewers think that logically these events could have happened. However, what it ended up doing to most viewers was leave them in a sort of dizzying confusion lol. Also other crap that she chose to explore was the philosophical side of the notion of time (eternalism, possiblism, presentism, moving spotlight theory, etc). It was so unneeded on top of all the other crap she had already included lol. In the end though, she reverted to doing what people from thousands of years ago tended to do when trying to explain the unexplainable.... which was to create a deity to explain it all away lol. 

As to what direction I would take the show if there would be a season 2 (again I highly doubt there will be), I think I would like to explore what would happen if there was a battle between the different Gods and the subsequent consequences it would have on not only KOC or ROK, but all the other worlds. I would probably like to expand more on Yo-Yo Kid's story as well as the mysticism behind Luna's character. I mean at least from season 1, it was inferred that Yo-Yo Kid was the God of SpaceTime and Fate, but was he also the King of all Gods? Also, I would want to make sure there was some sort of scene where LG explains to the Scooby gang how multiple worlds exists (like actually explain things instead of having it written on the chalk boards lol). Additionally, I think the first few episodes (ep1-3) should include what happened following the events after 2022. Side note I would probably cut out a bunch of stuff dealing with the whole police force. Finally, the whole central problem to be solved is whether or not the Scooby gang (LG, JTE, KHM, JY/ES) could be reunited once again (now settled in their seemingly quiet/calm lives) to save all the worlds (not just two in season 1 of TKEM) and resolve the ensuing battle between the Gods. And me being the forever JY/MSA and ES/Nari shipper would totally want some more scenes of those couples haha. Like would JY leave his own family (probably now married to MSA and having two kids) to once again be LG's right hand man?

From there, it could go in so many directions like what if the kid LG and JTE have is some sort of rare/unique/mystical child that was blessed by the Gods because they came from parents of two different worlds. Could they be the key in saving everything? Could LG unite people from multiple worlds to help battle against the consequences of the war between the Gods? Again, this is literally from the top of my head lol.

• LOL 2
  • Insightful 5

2 hours ago, Wis dom said:

Spoiler

In this part I think you misunderstood what I meant by starting from the beginning? What I meant is if they were to join other dramas the fans of the TKEM majority of them won't follow the cast into the new drama because they are fans of this drama But TKEM 2 will have bigger audience then it's previous first season

It's mixture of everything Fantasy, Sci-fi, romance, mystic but what makes it mass consumption is the time-travel, parallel worlds, mystic and clash of the arcs with high stakes on the line it becomes spectacle. It has supernatural elements on top of that and comes with big budget. It becomes mass consumed because all different target groups can watch it because it is an ''spectacle'' when a series have all the right elements, with big budget, supernatural elements, sci-fi, action, romance, fantasy, magic, time travel, mystic etc etc it's turns into super genre aka ''spectacle'' The mass cumsumers love spectacles and fall for that bait every single time.

That is why in theatres worldwide it is dominated by spectacle movies and all the big budget movies are spectacles and no one dose spectacles better then Marvel and the superhero genre and you even have the Fast furious, Aladdin, Lion king etc etc all are spectacles. TKEM has the spectacle elements because it has all the elements necessary The magic, mystic, time-travel, fantasy, epic romance etc etc joined. It just needs a bigger budget for second season and it will grow nearly double fold imo. 

TKEM exploded in it's first season but wait until you see second season because it will start to pick up fans while they are on hiatus but once they return with S2 sometime late 2021 which is an ideal time to release the series audience will nearly double fold and the same will happen to season 3. It will grow and this season was big for them but it's not even close to TKEM's full potential it can generate much bigger craze then it has currently and I would say 10 times bigger taking over netflix

I see what you are saying, blockbuster like the Marvel movies,  the second season will create a huge buzz if they do not skimp on budget. However, the story should keep the interest for a third season and not fail story-wise.  However when the season ends, two or three seasons, I wonder if LMH can move on to something different or will he be stuck as The King  and new opportunities would not come his way for a different character.  Don't want him to be typecast either.  I want him to have a good movie, hopefully international.  Since it is Covid 19 for the near future, he should do a second season if he can.  It will boost him up for Netflix fans.  Or in between seasons, he should do a movie. Many have done two movie and drama in one year. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

As to what direction I would take the show if there would be a season 2 (again I highly doubt there will be), I think I would like to explore what would happen if there was a battle between the different Gods and the subsequent consequences it would have on not only KOC or ROK, but all the other worlds. I would probably like to expand more on Yo-Yo Kid's story as well as the mysticism behind Luna's character. I mean at least from season 1, it was inferred that Yo-Yo Kid was the God of SpaceTime and Fate, but was he also the King of all Gods? Also, I would want to make sure there was some sort of scene where LG explains to the Scooby gang how multiple worlds exists (like actually explain things instead of having it written on the chalk boards lol). Additionally, I think the first few episodes (ep1-3) should include what happened following the events after 2022. Side note I would probably cut out a bunch of stuff dealing with the whole police force. Finally, the whole central problem to be solved is whether or not the Scooby gang (LG, JTE, KHM, JY/ES) could be reunited once again (now settled in their seemingly quiet/calm lives) to save all the worlds (not just two in season 1 of TKEM) and resolve the ensuing battle between the Gods. And me being the forever JY/MSA and ES/Nari shipper would totally want some more scenes of those couples haha. Like would JY leave his own family (probably now married to MSA and having two kids) to once again be LG's right hand man?

From there, it could go in so many directions like what if the kid LG and JTE have is some sort of rare/unique/mystical child that was blessed by the Gods because they came from parents of two different worlds. Could they be the key in saving everything? Could LG unite people from multiple worlds to help battle against the consequences of the war between the Gods? Again, this is literally from the top of my head lol.

Now I am legit concerned and the reasons being is all the gods stuff addition would be such a throw off especially for me and many people as someone who believes in monotheism and one god putting all that theology concepts it's a disaster in waiting to flop. An entertainment piece shouldn't have so much theology included because it should be enjoyable to everyone and I am glad KES didn't go that route on the first season but a second season full of that would ruin everything good about TKEM.

I like the part where JY is married to MSA I would give you that.  LG and JTE having a kid is also an acceptable addition. 

As for me I would set it up in different way and raise the stakes for a potential second season I would explore WW3 and set it up in 2050s ROK where LG-JTE encounter Lee Jin and JTR but before they run into them I would give these two love story a beginning and then somewhere mid-way we would travel to the future in a korea version that has turned into dystopia due to WW3 that took place in the year 2051 while LG-JTE will arrive to a dystopia korea in the year 2057 which means 6 years after the was seeing a completely destroyed korea with only less then 1 million population and it would be there job to undo this disaster and go back in time to stop WW3 from happening in the help of Lee Jin and JTR.

As for season 3 I would setup in the far future year 2782 where the world is destroyed again and has only left 3 million people in the entire world and this time I will make sure that LG-JTE get stuck in this world by losing their flute to a thief kid who is expert in stealing from peoples pockets. LG-JTE will be stuck in this world and it is a savage world something like mad max: Fury road where they will have to fight there way out to survive 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 6/16/2020 at 9:33 PM, AgentQuake said:

Gonna be honest...with all that Disney talks about diversity and inclusion (and I believe them), both KGE and LMH would be perfect for Marvel/Disney, with English practice.  Disney is tapping into China with Mulan and Shang Chi.  I’m not sure if Yifei Liu is bigger to western audiences than KGE/LMH, and Simu Liu is an unknown. 

KGE did study English in LA so she might be ready for Hollywood.  LMH should have taken time to study English during his MS. Perhaps he is not into languages.  Some people are not which is a pity with his potential and now Asians are given lead roles e.g. Crazy Asians. 

On 6/16/2020 at 10:55 PM, AgentQuake said:

A MOMENT OF SILENCE

THE KING INSTAGRAM JUST OFFICIALLY CHANGED TO ITS OKAY NOT TO BE OKAY

IMMA CRY

I am lost!

On 6/16/2020 at 11:12 PM, madmad min said:

I was talking about How this is the thing getting effected in domestic market not My PERSONAL opinion about him. I still wpuld prefer a Lotbs over MLFAS any day. And City Hunter over K2.

Definitely prefer LOTBS to MLFAS and City Hunter to Healer. Though many preferred Healer but City Hunter is my all time favorite.  K2 no comparison.

On 6/16/2020 at 11:12 PM, Joanna Alfson said:

I definitely agree with this. His must certainly the most significiant actor of this era in the world. Basic truth 

I agree with this statement. He was away for 3 years, no drama, or fan meetings yet he still remained on the top with no threat to his fame.  He had fans at his work place every morning and evening.  I believe one characteristic of him that kept him on top is his very down to earth personality.  Seeing BTS, he is always laughing, making others feel at ease. His humble, shy and dorky real life behavior endeared him to his fans.  You can't imagine him being adored by millions and yet remaining so sane and humble. He did not let his fame go to his head.  That is another reason his fans are so loyal. He does not have to be the center of attraction and lets his co-stars shine too.  Other actors would probably be big-headed and expect special treatment. I recall staff saying that he helps them move equipment in TKEM. 

He is also extremely charismatic.  A friend watch GB with me. Her first time watching him and she said he is very charismatic. 

On 6/16/2020 at 11:20 PM, Heilo said:

MLFTS was not more popular then heirs.. His movement on social media in that era reflects on this. He gained like 25mio followers during and post heirs where as KSH did nowhere near but he did get alot in china but definitely not more popular I was around at that time but script wise I agree MLFTS was better  since heirs was teenage drama. Goblin was not better then LOBTS script wise we can agree to disagree on this and it comes down to personal taste at the end of the day. The age cap was really off putting for me in Goblin due to morality 

I like LOTBS better than Goblin, I did not like the story and seeing dead people all around. did not finish watching it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elnin Joery said:

Spoiler

Now I am legit concerned and the reasons being is all the gods stuff addition would be such a throw off especially for me and many people as someone who believes in monotheism and one god putting all that theology concepts it's a disaster in waiting to flop. An entertainment piece shouldn't have so much theology included because it should be enjoyable to everyone and I am glad KES didn't go that route on the first season but a second season full of that would ruin everything good about TKEM.

I like the part where JY is married to MSA I would give you that.  LG and JTE having a kid is also an acceptable addition. 

As for me I would set it up in different way and raise the stakes for a potential second season I would explore WW3 and set it up in 2050s ROK where LG-JTE encounter Lee Jin and JTR but before they run into them I would give these two love story a beginning and then somewhere mid-way we would travel to the future in a korea version that has turned into dystopia due to WW3 that took place in the year 2051 while LG-JTE will arrive to a dystopia korea in the year 2057 which means 6 years after the was seeing a completely destroyed korea with only less then 1 million population and it would be there job to undo this disaster and go back in time to stop WW3 from happening in the help of Lee Jin and JTR.

As for season 3 I would setup in the far future year 2782 where the world is destroyed again and has only left 3 million people in the entire world and this time I will make sure that LG-JTE get stuck in this world by losing their flute to a thief kid who is expert in stealing from peoples pockets. LG-JTE will be stuck in this world and it is a savage world something like mad max: Fury road where they will have to fight there way out to survive 

@Elnin Joery See I don't know if it would be a flop though because KES had already presented the notion that there were many Gods, yet TKEM didn't flop. I mean she did explained how all the coincidences that had occurred in world of TKEM as being attributed to Yo-Yo kid who was a God. So it would be kinda naive to think that in the world of KES, there weren't other kinds of Gods like the ones that form the streams and/or the mountains. Plus in a bunch of Korean folklores/myths, there's usually not just one God, but many Gods. So I'm just continuing on that ideal in which KES had already presented in season 1. Yea I mean you could totally go the whole travel to the really far future route!! It would definitely seem exciting and quite interesting !!!! I'm just writing what I think would be more in line with KES's thought processes as as it relates to TKEM. 

• Like 1