[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

I see what you are saying, blockbuster like the Marvel movies,  the second season will create a huge buzz if they do not skimp on budget. However, the story should keep the interest for a third season and not fail story-wise.  However when the season ends, two or three seasons, I wonder if LMH can move on to something different or will he be stuck as The King  and new opportunities would not come his way for a different character.  Don't want him to be typecast either.  I want him to have a good movie, hopefully international.  Since it is Covid 19 for the near future, he should do a second season if he can.  It will boost him up for Netflix fans.  Or in between seasons, he should do a movie. Many have done two movie and drama in one year. 

Yes. He can do a movie in between these TKEM seasons but it would be career based wise decision to remain on TKEM and continue to build on his brand as crowd pleaser while doing movies on the side he will have nothing to lose but everything to gain. Once TKEM S2 rolls out the same fans will come out in full force added with new once. They will trend even more then S2. 

He just needs to be patient do movies on the side and continue to build on his brand with TKEM and it would do him wonders and the same goes for KGE who is a Hallyu star and has gained huge following she is the girl everyone wants to be. She needs to continue to be the ''IT'' girl and KES will remain the center stage of all buzz and dragon studio makes profit and win-win for everyone 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Narine Joa said:

You can include me on that as well 

1 hour ago, Ilmo yens said:

I really hope to get that PM also

What kind of vote is that? Award?

Okay okay easy folks. How many people are coming out the closet now. Haha. No worries i will drop you one 

12 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

Do join us in celebrating Lee Min Ho's birthday!

Is this going to take place on LMH thread or another thread created by you? or on the TKEM thread?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

2 minutes ago, Heilo said:

Is this going to take place on LMH thread or another thread created by you? or on the TKEM thread?

LMH thread are acting as birthday party hosts. so please do join them and have fun interacting.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Okay okay easy folks. How many people are coming out the closet now. Haha. No worries i will drop you one 

Who can say no to steamy TKEM fanfics. I am out of the closet for that :joy:

ElderlySolidFrilledlizard-max-1mb.gif

• LOL 4

6 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

LMH thread are acting as birthday party hosts. so please do join them and have fun interacting.

By the way I wanted to ask about the other poll. The one that is suppose to go up shortly

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

if you have a content for the next poll, tag me :D i am thinking of what other content to put up too :sweatingbullets:

I will write one that will please the members here :joy: I will drop a bomb poll on your heads an unfiltered poll:mrgreen:

• LOL 3

20 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Omo! i was thinking the exact same thing. Drop yours first :joy:

I will PM the Poll in few hours to you and you can take a look at it:joy: and decide with me

• LOL 2

10 minutes ago, Heilo said:

I will write one that will please the members here :joy: I will drop a bomb poll on your heads an unfiltered poll:mrgreen:

9 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Omo! i was thinking the exact same thing. Drop yours first :joy:

Lmao. I guess that we will be having a great poll

Spoiler

With alot of sauce and steamy

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, SweetButters said:

@Elnin Joery Oh no, rest assured that if anyone from the TKEM team ever asked me to become a ghost writer for a season 2, I would give you guys a more cohesive, logical, fulfilling, and more luxurious season!!! Not the first time someone said I should be a ghost writer for this show so thankies !!! I understood where KES was trying to go, but in the end she fell short to deliver it in so many ways despite knowing the # of episodes she had available to say all what she needed to say. 

Spoiler

If I was at the helm, I would cut out a bunch of unnecessary crap or details as I would call it lol. The whole problem with TKEM to begin with was that it just kept on adding more crap after more crap lol. The reason for her adding so much science and mathematics to TKEM was suppose to make viewers think that logically these events could have happened. However, what it ended up doing to most viewers was leave them in a sort of dizzying confusion lol. Also other crap that she chose to explore was the philosophical side of the notion of time (eternalism, possiblism, presentism, moving spotlight theory, etc). It was so unneeded on top of all the other crap she had already included lol. In the end though, she reverted to doing what people from thousands of years ago tended to do when trying to explain the unexplainable.... which was to create a deity to explain it all away lol. 

As to what direction I would take the show if there would be a season 2 (again I highly doubt there will be), I think I would like to explore what would happen if there was a battle between the different Gods and the subsequent consequences it would have on not only KOC or ROK, but all the other worlds. I would probably like to expand more on Yo-Yo Kid's story as well as the mysticism behind Luna's character. I mean at least from season 1, it was inferred that Yo-Yo Kid was the God of SpaceTime and Fate, but was he also the King of all Gods? Also, I would want to make sure there was some sort of scene where LG explains to the Scooby gang how multiple worlds exists (like actually explain things instead of having it written on the chalk boards lol). Additionally, I think the first few episodes (ep1-3) should include what happened following the events after 2022. Side note I would probably cut out a bunch of stuff dealing with the whole police force. Finally, the whole central problem to be solved is whether or not the Scooby gang (LG, JTE, KHM, JY/ES) could be reunited once again (now settled in their seemingly quiet/calm lives) to save all the worlds (not just two in season 1 of TKEM) and resolve the ensuing battle between the Gods. And me being the forever JY/MSA and ES/Nari shipper would totally want some more scenes of those couples haha. Like would JY leave his own family (probably now married to MSA and having two kids) to once again be LG's right hand man?

From there, it could go in so many directions like what if the kid LG and JTE have is some sort of rare/unique/mystical child that was blessed by the Gods because they came from parents of two different worlds. Could they be the key in saving everything? Could LG unite people from multiple worlds to help battle against the consequences of the war between the Gods? Again, this is literally from the top of my head lol.

Interesting.
But if you did that, would you change any parameters, or would you take season 1 into account 100%?
I say this because to write a season 2, you would need to have a perfect understanding of season 1, or at least rule out a relevant and logical explanation for each phenomenon.
However, this task is certainly very difficult.
You have to lay everything down flat: what are the precise rules used. Not easy for time travel, for memory stories.
There are still a lot of things for which I haven't seen any explanation anywhere, like the timestop after Lee Gon left the palace after his first time travel, with round trips. I remember that timestop persists in one world and in the other world there is none.
Whatever it is explained, there are ways to contradict, to be contradicted, etc... I notice anomalies for some of the explanations given, while at last we think we're getting to the point. I gave up on the subject because it's endless, and the flaws in the narration of the drama didn't allow me to appreciate it, which deprives me of any motivation. At a certain point, all this junk started to disappear naturally from my memory. Too much has never been shown, and there is no solid base to rely on except for speculation. I don't even know what explanation the screenwriter has, whether she unintentionally left plot-hole, and whether it's the spectators who fill in the holes.
Anyway, if you're writing a season 2, are you just going to start from the existing? And so at least find explanations that make everything that has been seen coherent, taking care not to generate new inconsistencies in the process?
There, on a drama like that, I wouldn't even take the risk of going into it, even if I liked drama. Besides, the subtlety of the process might not be perceived, because people watching the drama have difficulty understanding it. But it would be an opportunity to explain things and start again on a healthy basis.
I doubt that you will be able to contact KES. But if you do manage to contact KES, please consider contacting me to explain the process. I don't want to write to her, but it would give me a chance to find out how to contact someone else.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Lmao. I guess that we will be having a great poll

Reveal hidden contents

With alot of sauce and steamy

its going to be on @Heilo this time. My mind is very innocent.

:joy:

10 minutes ago, Heilo said:

I will PM the Poll in few hours to you and you can take a long at it:joy: and decide with me

lol, alright. Deal ;) I don’t know how to take a ‘long’ at it but I definitely will take a look :lol:

• LOL 1

8 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

its going to be on @Heilo this time. My mind is very innocent.

:joy:

lol, alright. Deal ;) I don’t know how to take a ‘long’ at it but I definitely will take a look :lol:

Hahaha. It was a typo on my part don't know where my brain was :lol: You can also take a long walk on it 

• LOL 1