[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Okay here is the full explaintion and made easy. 

First we will get the timelines right and Night of treason = NOT

1. timeline: epi 1 on NOT-1 this is where we begin and remember This timeline has Past-Present-future 

2. Timeline: epi 15 on NOT-2 this is where the timeline began - remember This timeline has Past-Present-future 

3: Timeline epi 16 on NOT-3 this is where this timeline begin and currently in the ending we live in this timeline.

LG in ep10 is timeline 1 LG's future-self who travelled back 

• Like 1

New Interview with Kim Kyung Nam aka KSJ! He talked about TKEM, although I'm not sure what all he said! Maybe someone can translate for us !! 

LINK TO LIVE INTERVIEW!-->  https://www.vlive.tv/video/197706  :happy:

eLGxYIL.png

5 hours ago, SCSfanz said:

@SweetButters i think eun bi will kick butt. she's so fiesty! i wanted to see her kick JY's butt. that would have been funny.

ok so now you are making me think he might have noticed her and sought her out . very suspicious . or maybe that's how we want things to play out lol

on item 4) i think maybe that one friend she was with at the boat racing thing was her childhood friend? although we never got introduced to that character. 

I forgot about the gangster mob guy. in fact i realize as i'm reading/discussing stuff here, there were many scenes that occurred that i 've already forgotten. My mind is so fixated on the last few episodes and some memorable ones  in between. lol. 

@SCSfanz Haha right?! All the more reasons I had wanted to see JY interact with his KOC twin siblings :bawling:!!! Haha yea true!!!! I just had always just wondered how JY knew MSA was there hahah !!!! It just seemed so out of place !!!

Oh yea maybe that was her one and only friend hahah!! 

Yea same here !! I need to go back one of these days to rewatch the earlier episodes haha!!!

48 minutes ago, madmad min said:

I remember @SweetButters theorizing Luna and JTE are same person, But at the end if that would have panned out LUNA would have been significant , and it somewhat made sense. It wasn't the case sadly.

@madmad min Yea to this day, I still thought Luna had a bigger role to play since both LMH and TKEM team had said in interviews or was quoted in articles saying that Luna was a central character in TKEM. However, I think due to timing of everything, her story got cut short/ didnt get expanded on. I mean they never did explain why she didnt have any memories of her past or what the heck happened to her parents lol.

50 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@SweetButters @SCSfanz haha i was hoping to see these two Oppas after a day of not being able to shower:

but all i ended up doing was this:

:joy:

@vangsweetie637 Haha !!!!! Don't worry I swear if you pass out for 2 days straights dreams of JY and LG will come to you !!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Reading all of your theories about how the original script was different from what we were shown makes me feel all kinds of uneasy

I knew it. I knew that producer nim may have decided to opt out on some details to include other details, or KES changed a bit of her story due to time frame or for what ever reason. Some BTS shown to us is more different than what was given to us, too (reunion kiss, cctv kiss).

tenor.gif

a lot could have been covered if we didn’t need to see unnecessary arcs and doppelgängers <_<

edit: 

@SweetButters omo..two days and dream of JY/LG? I will even sleep for more than that if JY and LG both come into my sleep.

:Twerkdatbutt:

LOL! I am loving these new emoji gifs :D

edit 2:

@SweetButters now that i think about it, i did dream about LG/JY once haha. I can’t remember what it was about now. All is blurry haha

@madmad min PM is one character that fell flat to me. She had many potential but after she switched sides to LR, it made no more sense in her purpose of doing so. I thought it was to show this epic villain duo but nope..nothing close. Same thing with Luna. Even after the drama ended, I am still uncertain about exactly who she was and how essential was she supposed to be. These two characters ended up frustrating me because i struggled with their main potentials. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

56 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Who is this character if i may ask? That doesn't have significance 

I edited the Post sorry. PM koo I do not get Her significance and rambling. lol . I mean The story did not really that much screen time on her.

@SweetButters I remember that intv of LMH saying Luna is the most effective emotional Leg of the show in Second half. But he also said he has not seen/shot the second half yet, that is why the modification makes a solid argument. Someone did say maybe the scenes had to be reshot hence the 8 month long Shooting. Who knows what went down BTS which is not visible to us.

• Sad 1
  • Love 2

On 6/16/2020 at 9:39 AM, Alice Wonderland said:

why waste of time? I think it's okay as long as they get good project and we can see them again, well for my case I just want to see LMH again soon, hahaha. I watched their bts of how the two imitates doctors doing surgery. I think if they can do doctor romantic season 3, they looked good and the screen writer for this has good records. ah... drama god please return oppa to dramaland

A spin-off drama on their time travelling adventures would be nice! :D KES should work with some comedy drama writer! It could be a lot of fun I think! 

On 6/15/2020 at 9:25 PM, Wis dom said:

If they leave example TKEM S2 they will have to start from the beginning and it's not easy getting this much noise for a project and alot of things have to come together in order for a show to become a craze. TKEM was just that for them but if they leave it and begin from the start they won't have the same fans of the show following them. 

Another thing I wanna mention is that something like Doctor Romantic is not for mass consumption and probably a niche drama and the same goes to shows like Hospital playlist etc etc and all these dramas that has something to do with social issues or work place drama etc etc. Fans in large will be upset to see LMH in such works in my opinion. 

It's like telling MCU fans watch something like a doctor movie on cinema ofcourse they won't tune in and would think you are joking with them because these shows/movies are for selective audience and targetted group and not for mass consumption. The concept has to be right for him in order to reach massive consumption level and this is what TKEM is all about. They need to continue but if you put them both on a hospital series 95% of the viewers will tune out while only the hardcores will remain or genre fans who like hospital based dramas like Greys anatomy. 

Hospital dramas are genre based and viewed as such while having their own targetted audience which means they can continue getting produced as long these genre fans watch it but to be honest with you it's a cult nothing more just like how crime series are nowadays and Horror genre they have a niche genre following not for mass

Your insight is interesting, This could be like GOT.  Who or what is MCU?  If doctors, social and  workplace issues are niche dramas, but this is mass consumption,  in your opinion, what sort of drama is this?   Why  isn't  King considered niche  and what is the reason for this drama to have mass appeal?  The romance,  parallel universe or something else?

I would like at least 1 more season so LMH can solidify his position with Netflix.

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

@SweetButters I remember that intv of LMH saying Luna is the most effective emotional Leg of the show in Second half. But he also said he has not seen/shot the second half yet, that is why the modification makes a solid argument. Someone did say maybe the scenes had to be reshot hence the 8 month long Shooting. Who knows what went down BTS which is not visible to us.

@madmad min yea true ugh!!! I feel like Luna did have such a bigger backstory and in the end it kinda got flushed down the drain !!! Like on the SBS character profile page, it said Luna had cancer that was hereditary lol. Yet they show never explained why either or why Luna never had past memories. So here I was thinking before the final episode, well Luna/Princess Diana is the same name for greek/roman moon goddess so then I was like what if Luna really was JTE lol. In the end though, Luna didn't turn out as the "most powerful" character as LMH had said in an earlier interview lol. This is why I wanted to see deleted scenes because I feel like there were so many things that were left out that would have provided a more logical story or given viewers a better understanding of the show :bawling:. Who's knows at this point what KES originally intended for TKEM. I do wish however that KES would do a live chat or some sort of interview to provide us viewers with answers to so many unanswered questions!! 

205Y2uh.png&key=c598fc512ffc96d33acb0305

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, madmad min said:

I think so because I could have also done without LUNA's extended scenes. In the overall scheme her only purpose was to make LG reach the bamboo forest that is it.

Sorry for the Edit. I agree. Luna's story was so-so.. Well, at least she also helped in explaining why LG had JTE's police ID on the night of treason and also playing a part in him coming to a realization that he saved himself.

@Heilo I to some extent get the navy/war scene since it's based on LG's conversation with JTE in episode 3 (MSD scene) and also a way to show who LG is as a King; his power/authority/command, decision making, what he'll do and the lengths he will go to protect his people and his Kingdom before the mystery unraveled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joje said:

Sorry for the Edit. I agree. Luna's story was so-so.. Well, at least she also helped in explaining why LG had JTE's police ID on the night of treason and also playing a part in him coming to a realization that he saved himself.

Ahh I forgot about the PASSING the Parcel Roaming Eternal ID.Thanks for reminding that slipped off my mind.Well Then Luna had 2 imp purpose cool.

@CallieP MCU-Marvel Comic Universe, The Avengers Series etc. 

I think what @Wis dom meant was Hospital Dramas like ER/GREY's anatomy (Us Based) and or Doctor Romantic/Hospital Playlist have a certain set of Audiences Cult Fan group. TKEM unlike these was not Meant for a Certain set but for Mass Consumption , it included all the elements , so LMH and team chose this drama for the MASS Appeal.LMH if he were to do a show like Doctor Romantic, it needs to be worked out in that manner.

A series like Greys continues because it has a certain set of faithful audience so it comes season after season whereas for TKEM it isnt the case, it did not have a particular Genre or NSeries arc.TKEM S2 even possible will come after a year or so because this needs a Solid comprehensive storyline, it just cannot start with a What If or In the middle scenario , so the Faithful cult audience back to pavillion might be difficult.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, SweetButters said:

@madmad min yea true ugh!!! I feel like Luna did have such a bigger backstory and in the end it kinda got flushed down the drain !!! Like on the SBS character profile page, it said Luna had cancer that was hereditary lol. Yet they show never explained why either or why Luna never had past memories. So here I was thinking before the final episode, well Luna/Princess Diana is the same name for greek/roman moon goddess so then I was like what if Luna really was JTE lol. In the end though, Luna didn't turn out as the "most powerful" character as LMH had said in an earlier interview lol. This is why I wanted to see deleted scenes because I feel like there were so many things that were left out that would have provided a more logical story or given viewers a better understanding of the show :bawling:. Who's knows at this point what KES originally intended for TKEM. I do wish however that KES would do a live chat or some sort of interview to provide us viewers with answers to so many unanswered questions!! 

Maybe he thought she was the "most powerful" character because she was an enigma. It's not as though LMH knew Luna fully either since at that time he only know her up to episode 8. It's the same how people thought JEC's description on TKEM from Swoon would be a spoiler when she said it's a "sad love story", but that's only because she doesn't actually know the ending at that point. I think it'll be more interesting to see KES's storyboard drafts. Seeing the shots that weren't placed into the drama is interesting as well but seeing the storyboard might give us a better idea how everything would've panned out if KES had the time.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I was not able to open this thread for around 4 days because something came up at work and I had been very very busy. Race-against-time and no-sleep kind of busy. Hahaha (Imma just laugh it off now). At first, it was a welcomed distraction but when things snow-balled I kinda regretted praying for a distraction. Hahaha. 

So after everything calmed down a bit and the thick of the action is no more, I requested (demanded, actually hahaha) for a 3-day leave. Yesterday was the first day and I just slept, didn't even wake up to eat. Today, I'm doing my much needed back-reading session. Hahaha.

Before, I get stressed because of the amount of pages I have to back-read. Now, I'm just thankful and happy seeing that I need to catch-up 50+ pages. I realized, being in this forum takes my stress away. Thank you to those keeping this thread alive and running! :Megathanks:

PS: I love the poll that was created. I've already voted. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

48 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

Maybe he thought she was the "most powerful" character because she was an enigma. It's not as though LMH knew Luna fully either since at that time he only know her up to episode 8. It's the same how people thought JEC's description on TKEM from Swoon would be a spoiler when she said it's a "sad love story", but that's only because she doesn't actually know the ending at that point. I think it'll be more interesting to see KES's storyboard drafts. Seeing the shots that weren't placed into the drama is interesting as well but seeing the storyboard might give us a better idea how everything would've panned out if KES had the time.

@koreaboooo So true !!! Gosh like I really do want to see KES's storyboard drafts for sure !!! I felt like she had originally planned out a bunch of crap that she didnt get to, so that's why maybe the middle episodes just felt so eh lol? I still have no clue if deleted scenes will ever be released, but I sure hope they do. At this point, Im either waiting on deleted scenes, an interview with KES to explain everything, or her storyboard hahah!! Just anything hahah !!!!

Whelp on my non-stop search for any contact info regarding writer KES, I basically only found the info for Studio Dragon (Hwa& Dam Pictures is a subsidiary):

y1WWhci.png

So for anyone wanting to send mail that would maybe be forwarded to writer KES concerning your thoughts on TKEM, see above lol. I've been desperately been trying to find ways to contact writer KES lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

On 6/15/2020 at 12:02 PM, Joanna Alfson said:

I will PM some websites later i am on my phone right but when i get home i will send them over to you. 

You will find plenty and alot of the MinEun adult fanfics

PM these to me too, please. 

• LOL 1

9 Best K-Dramas Of First Half Of 2020

best-drama-in-the-first-half-of-2020-cov

It is already halfway through June and half of 2020 has already passed by! It is time to look back at the best K-Dramas of the first half of the year. Did you find any interesting dramas to watch in the first half of the year? For us, there were plenty.

Here are 9 dramas that aired in the first half of 2020 (and ended) that you should not miss according to us. They are the best of the first half of the year (in no particular order).

Let us know in the poll and comments what are the best drama(s) according to you and the one(s) you would like to recommend. This list includes drama that ended before June 17.

1- "The King: Eternal Monarch"

the-king-the-eternal-monarch-poster-SBS.

When: April 17 - June 12

Cast: Lee MinHo, Kim GoEun, Woo DoHwan, Kim KyungNam, Jung EunChae, Lee JungJin

Summary: It is the fantasy romance drama in which Lee Gon, the Emperor of Corea and Jung TaeEul a detective from the Republic of Korea try to protect's lives and love through cooperation between the two parallel worlds.

For: Viewers looking for a drama with fantasy, passion-filled romance, complex storyline, action scenes of huge scale, big-budget, and beautiful sets.

Why watch: It is a must-watch drama! The story and acting are both perfect. The romance is worth watching and the plot is climatic and fascinating. There are a lot of poignant and memorable scenes. One of its main strengths is also its big-budget and beautiful cinematography allowing viewers to watch majestic scenes.

For more information, poster, teaser you can check our cast and summary here.

Ea1QUZ-XsAEY-d7?format=png&name=small

https://www.kpopmap.com/9-best-k-dramas-of-first-half-of-2020/

• Like 1
  • Love 9
  • Awesome 1