[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

3 minutes ago, Ilmo yens said:

I don't write about Kdrama's plus my blog is very new and basically just getting started and for now just a personal thing since I don't have readers or anything I just write about random stuff where traffic is zero to none currently but it's just hobby for me right now nothing serious. 

I got hooked on TKEM while it was airing and I was late viewer around 7-8 episodes thats where I began watching TKEM. I watched the first 8 episodes then catched up eventually. 

The ending was satisfying and we left on good note 

If it was not for facebook i wouldn't have been here now nor watched this show. I got spammed on facebook somehow and at that time i was in a different world all together and far removed from anything tv series or movies and i even unsubbed netflix and didn't want to own account there for like a year and haven't been on soompi for like 4 years then i started to hear LMH, TKEM, his back yada yada. I checked the trailers and saw a mighty king grab KGE after that i was simply sold. I re-subbed on netflix, re-joined soompi after 4 years and came out of hiatus but after my withdrawals i will go back to hiatus 

• LOL 2

5 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

If it was not for facebook i wouldn't have been here now nor watched this show. I got spammed on facebook somehow and at that time i was in a different world all together and far removed from anything tv series or movies and i even unsubbed netflix and didn't want to own account there for like a year and haven't been on soompi for like 4 years then i started to hear LMH, TKEM, his back yada yada. I checked the trailers and saw a mighty king grab KGE after that i was simply sold. I re-subbed on netflix, re-joined soompi after 4 years and came out of hiatus but after my withdrawals i will go back to hiatus 

Why were you so far removed from everything? As for me I knew about it as soon as it was announced that he will join KES' new project and days later KGE joined. I knew it from the beginning but I didn't pay attention to when it was gonna air and we didn't had any official dates thats why I was late  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kelvin Lin said:

Eps 10 :

May i know why Lee Gon know  Lee Lim will be at Haeundae ? Even if Lee Lim port entrance of Korea is in Haeundae, how can Lee gon now? I rewatched it 3 times , i cant get it

Welcome @Kelvin Lin

There must be a context but personally i don't recall the scene from the back of my head but i am sure others who do will answer you

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Kelvin Lin said:

Eps 10 :

May i know why Lee Gon know  Lee Lim will be at Haeundae ? Even if Lee Lim port entrance of Korea is in Haeundae, how can Lee gon now? I rewatched it 3 times , i cant get it

Here's how i understood it. whenever time stops, it means someone traveled through the gate. there came a point when LG found out the exact same time when LL was in the same world as him (there was an earlier scene where they talked on the phone when they were both in ROK). So whenever time stops, LG already knows that LL is travelling  thus, he knows exactly when to go to LL's gate to find him. 

As to the location, if i recall correctly, it was when TE was kidnapped. She and the other Jangmi guessed where the gate was. it was the smell of some trees or something. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

Here's how i understood it. whenever time stops, it means someone traveled through the gate. there came a point when LG found out the exact same time when LL was in the same world as him (there was an earlier scene where they talked on the phone when they were both in ROK). So whenever time stops, LG already knows that LL is travelling  thus, he knows exactly when to go to LL's gate to find him. 

Yah whenever the time stops, lee gon will know which world  LEe rim is, and vice versa... but Lee gon know specially that Lee rim is in haeungdae.. The phone conversation scene did not mention about  any location... :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kelvin Lin said:

Eps 10 :

Lee Gon didn't know Lee Lim will be in Haeundae for sure.

However, Lee Gon noticed that Lee Lim was always present at his public appearances (the boat race, the funeral).  So he purposely let it be known that he would make an appearance on Lunar New Year at Haeundae and he made sure that his appearances would be publicized in advance.  It was like he set up a bait for Lee Lim, and it worked.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, SCSfanz said:

I forgot about the gangster mob guy. in fact i realize as i'm reading/discussing stuff here, there were many scenes that occurred that i 've already forgotten. My mind is so fixated on the last few episodes and some memorable ones  in between. lol. 

The same here there are some scenes that slipped from my mind because so many things happened and my memory is best with the later parts all tho I remember a good amount of hunk from the earlier episodes but some scenes slipped. 

Someone asked me on facebook yesterday about a scene that slipped from my mind about the car scene where JY asks for LG's phone in order to geolocate him via an app and LG asks him to name him on the app ''king'' but he tells him the username is owned by many people etc etc that scene slipped from my mind. 

Another scene was in the salt farm with Lee Lim and his gang. 

Did WDH accept the new script for the upcoming drama? and do you know anything about it 

• Like 1

@Heilo @SCSfanz  The thing about rewatching is that I now see a lot of scenes which could've been dropped!  So many unnecessary scenes in the early episodes.   This drama really would have benefited from being pre-produced.  I suspect the COVID situation really threw a monkey wrench into their original plans.

I still love it, but I lament that it could have been better.  And could have avoided all the low ratings talk if the earlier episodes had been more streamlined.  Sigh.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, gwin said:

@Heilo @SCSfanz  The thing about rewatching is that I know see a lot of scenes which could've been dropped!  So many unnecessary scenes in the early episodes.   This drama really would have benefited from being pre-produced.  I suspect the COVID situation really threw a monkey wrench into their original plans.

I still love it, but I lament that it could have been better.  And could have avoided all the low ratings talk if the earlier episodes had been more streamlined.  Sigh.

IMO I don't think the early episodes had any issues except episode 6 the war scene and to be honest I thought that was unnecessary and just waste of time but I do agree with you they should have pre-produced everything. 

Hope they do that for the second season if it gets green light and pre-produce everything on advance

3 hours ago, SCSfanz said:

As to the location, if i recall correctly, it was when TE was kidnapped. She and the other Jangmi guessed where the gate was. it was the smell of some trees or something. 

Your Chronological Order of Scene seems Off. TE gets kidnapped and comes to Corea after Lunar NY.(LR-LG faceoff happened earlier)

LG knew that LR will be at Haeundae , beacuse I think it was nearby to Palace Sea route and also a Public Place, as someone said above LG set a bait for LR for him to appear at the place where he was making an appearance. (LG and LR had a phone conco in KOREA before this,so it piqued LR's intrest to meet LG in person with backups).

@Heilo