[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

41 minutes ago, gwin said:

I am still disappointed that they left out so much of the great BGM in the released soundtrack.  Majority of the BGM on the soundtrack relate to LR vs. LG and it's so annoying!

What was your favourite BGM? I liked the night of treason 2 where the King meets Lady Nuh and reveals his face with the added BGM it gave me goosebumps 

4 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Okay okay easy folks. How many people are coming out the closet now. Haha. No worries i will drop you one 

I was always out of the closest especially for TKEM

2 hours ago, deabakdrama said:

@Ilmo yens  I just vote as requested because TKEM worth it. But i have no idea what kind of award ...

You may have just voted on an irrelevant website but nonetheless the gesture is appreciated and the support 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

Eunbi all grown up, she joined the royal guards after all.

Lmao. Instagram and twitter are both crazy places where you can run into anything. 

15 minutes ago, Ilmo yens said:

I was always out of the closest especially for TKEM

You may have just voted on an irrelevant website but nonetheless the gesture is appreciated and the support 

Everyone is out of the closet on this thread. People are open minded here 

TKEM is getting some love in France my country.. They praised the cinematography and the drama itself citing the political scandal in korea with the Japanese architecture scandal. Saying the cinematography is like HBO's best productions but aside from that praise the drama

https://www.ecranlarge.com/series/news/1181991-the-king-eternal-monarch-netflix-plonge-dans-un-univers-parallele-fantastique-et-romantique

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

29 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

What was your favourite BGM? I liked the night of treason 2 where the King meets Lady Nuh and reveals his face with the added BGM it gave me goosebumps 

Of the ones actually released on the soundtrack:

• "My Love and..."  (orchestral version) - I first heard this used in the second teaser for this drama and I've liked it ever since.
  • "The Day" -  The music playing when LG went back to meet 2016 JTE in Episode 14
  • "Into the Fantasy" -  The music that plays whenever time stops.  I find it so cool.

The ones not released on the soundtrack:

• The music playing when LG and JTE first kissed, and when they had that "beheading kiss".   Also the same music used in the finale where they were in the in-between place looking at the luggage with clothes, and when they encountered Prince Buyeong in year 2000 -- I cannot believe this was actually excluded from the OST album.  Like why?!?  It is more memorable and was used in more important moments compared to some of the music they actually included in the SOT album.
  • The music playing at the end of Episode 10, in the previews for Episode 11 -- Was also used when LG rescued JTE ("Protect her!  She's the future queen!" scene).  
  • Finally, and this is the one I'm really bummed about,   the piano version of "My Love and..."  --- So many of LG and JTE's moments together had this music playing in the background.   
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I agree on the budget part. They had a large budget last time but increasing further would be even better. 50mio USD per season expensive but worth the money 

50-mio USD budget is that not to much and I don't even know western shows who has that kind of budget except GoT

Chapter 3

Spoiler

Chapter 3

The obelisk illuminated in red.

Lee Gon stepped out of the portal.

Standing a few meters away from the obelisk, Jeong Tae Eul's beautiful face emitted excitement and happiness. She ran up to Lee Gon, threw her arms around him with joy, and held him tightly. "The weekend is finally here," she exclaimed with excitement.

Amused with her childlike behavior like he always does, Lee Gon laughed and returned her hug. "I missed you too," he responded with a grin. He held on to her left hand and walked her back to the obelisk.

"I told my father that I will be out of town the whole weekend," Jeong Tae Eul said delighted smile.

"Excellent. I have sent Yeong and Seung Ah away for the weekend so there should not be anyone disturbing us," Lee Gon assured her.

Jeong Tae Eul nodded smilingly. "Would be nice to just spend time at your place eating, watch movies and watch dawn break," she said happily.

As Jeong Tae Eul walked along the long trail inside the portal, a thousand thoughts started running through her mind. "Is he going to propose to me romantically at the palace? If he does, what am I going to do? I know I can't live without him...but can I just leave everything in my world and be with him?" she asked herself worriedly. The more she thought about it the more nervous she became.

Lee Gon felt Jeong Tae Eul's hand turned icy. He remained silent and continued walking her to their destination. "She must be worried that I will propose to her in the palace and not sure how to react to it," he thought with a grin.

Upon entering the Kingdom of Korea, Lee Gon held on to Jeong Tae Eul's hand as they walked along the narrow and quiet walkway at the bamboo groove. "You have been quiet ever since we entered the portal. Stop thinking too much and enjoy the weekend here with me," Lee Gon whispered in Jeong Tae Eul's ear.

Jeong Tae Eul frowned at him. "Who said I am thinking too much? It is the cold weather that is making me feel unease," she rebutted.

Lee Gon grinned. "Alright. I will cook you something warm for supper then. I have soju and beer in the palace fridge too," he said.

Jeong Tae Eul's eyes beamed, smiling ear to ear. "Okay! You do the cooking and I will make the MSD!" she exclaimed with joy.

Upon exiting the bamboo groove, the couple took a stroll along the quiet street with Lee Gon leading the way. Jeong Tae Eul looked up at the twinkling stars above her in silence, still pondering about things without realizing where they were going.

After walking for a long period of time, Lee Gon raised his hand and ruffled her hair. "Stop thinking too much and worry about things that has not happen," he teased.

Shocked, Jeong Tae Eul looked at him with her mouth wide open. "Yaaa, you do know that its my hair that makes me pretty. How could you..." she uttered annoyingly, smacking Lee Gon in the back with her right hand.

Just as Jeong Tae Eul watched Lee Gon used his fingers to sort out her messy hair, she noticed that they are not anywhere near the palace. There were shops at the surrounding area. "How come we are here?" she asked confusingly.

Lee Gon laughed. "You must never over think when you are travelling. If I was a kidnapper you would be in grave danger," he said teasingly. 

Suddenly, three loud gunshots broke the silence of the night.

Both Lee Gon and Jeong Tae Eul simultaneously bent their knees and let out a cry of shock

Lee Gon took a quick scan the area. "The gunshots are coming from that side," he said, pointing toward a row of shops up ahead of them.

"What are we going to do now? Call the royal guards to come will expose my identity to them..." Jeong Tae Eul groaned nervously.

Two more gunshots went off.

Lee Gon held on to Jeong Tae Eul's hand. "Perhaps this is one of those things they we may have skipped in the past, fighting crime together," he blurted with a mischievous grin.

Jeong Tae Eul let out a soft laughter. "Let's do it."

The couple sneaked their way toward the direction of the gunshots. After moving 100 meters, they spotted a group of men in black suits armed with guns, taking cover behind three different vehicles, shooting at two other people taking cover behind a van across the road. Among the two people one was a male and the other a female.

Jeong Tae Eul watched with her eyes wide open in shock. "It's hyungnim!" she exclaimed, catching a glimpse of the male's face. The male was indeed her ex colleague Kang Hyeon Min.

Lee Gon closed his eyes and sighed annoyingly. "What is he doing here in the late night? I should behead him for interrupting us while we are dating," he insisted.

"We have to help him! He is outnumbered! The person with him may have been injured" Jeong Tae Eul insisted. The female crouching next to Kang Hyeon Min with her face covered by him had indeed remained still every since the couple arrived.

Lee Gon shook his head with another sigh. "You are asking you boyfriend to save another man's life without taking into consideration of your boyfriend's feelings," he grumbled.

"We are talking about someone's life here! I thought you want us to fight crime together!" Jeong Tae Eul retorted.

"Fine!"

The three men in black suits hiding behind a sedan took turns to shoot at Kang Hyeon Min and the female with him.

Lee Gon flung himself toward them, grabbed two of them by the head, smashed their faces against the sedan side window forcefully, forcing them to drop their handguns to the ground, as they fell unconscious.

Jeong Tae Eul jumped onto the third man from behind, struck the back of the head with her elbow and knocked him unconscious. She reached for the handgun which he had dropped to the ground.

Two other men hiding behind another sedan next to them raised their handguns, pointed it at the couple, and started shooting.

The quick Lee Gon held one of the unconscious man in front of him, rushed in front of Jeong Tae Eul and used the unconscious man to shield the bullets from the front. The bullets struck the unconscious man's chest and head.

Lee Gon and Jeong Tael Eul returned fire and shot the two men on the head. The speed of their hands and the accuracy of their shooting were exquisite.

Kang Hyeon Min popped his head out as he watched the couple take out his targets in surprise. He recognized Lee Gon, the king of his country right away. "Pheya? Who is the other woman with him? She looks exactly like Koo Seo Gyeong!" he uttered in disbelief as he looked at the unconscious Koo Seo Gyeong next to him.

Lee Gon and Jeong Tae Eul walked over to Kang Hyeon Min.

Kang Hyeon Min bowed at Lee Gon and subsequently held out his police ID. "I'm detective Kang Hyeon Min from the Serious Crime Unit 3, pheya. My partner and I were trying tailing these gangsters and we got detected by them.Thank you for risking your own safety to help us," he said, appreciatively, taking another quick glimpse at Jeong Tae Eul, still in disbelief.

"Hyungnim is still a police detective in this world. I guess he is fated to be a law enforcer," Jeong Tae Eul thought. She jumped in shock as she saw the unconscious female. "Lun..."

Lee Gon hurriedly cut in and said in excitement. "Could she be Jeong Tae Ra the long lost twin sister that you mentioned?" The name Jeong Tae Ra just popped into his mind as he remembered her as being amusing.

"Jeong Tae Ra?" Jeong Tae Eul and Kang Hyeon Min uttered in shock simultaneously.

Jeong Tae Eul stared at Lee Gon blankly for a few seconds before she grasped his meaning. Deciding to go with his flow so that things would not get worst, she ran over to the unconscious Koo Seo Gyeong to check on her injury. 

The left side of her stomach was bleeding, it was a gun wound. She placed her finger at Koo Seo Gyeong's neck and felt the pulse in the arteries of her neck. "She is still alive," she thought.

"Dongsaeng," she called out as she shook Koo Seo Gyeong by the arm, trying to wake her.

Lee Gon reached for his mobile phone. "We have a few people with gunshot wound in Gwangan dong. Please send the paramedics at once," he said on the mobile phone.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Heilo said:

50-mio USD budget is that not to much and I don't even know western shows who has that kind of budget except GoT

Yes it is considerable amount but for TKEM it is attainable hence they would also need to expand the cast with bigger names on season 2 and bigger cast and more editors. Just getting the best there is on the market and they could also cast some senior actors as the villians and famous senior actors just filling up the cast and also to be used on the setting especially if they want to go for a WW3 setting like @Elnin Joery mentioned and they will also need some foreign actors example like indians, europeans, americans etc etc who will play minor roles just cameo to show that the world is at war. 

Imo they should be able to get the 50mio budget 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Yes it is considerable amount but for TKEM it is attainable hence they would also need to expand the cast with bigger names on season 2 and bigger cast and more editors. Just getting the best there is on the market and they could also cast some senior actors as the villians and famous senior actors just filling up the cast and also to be used on the setting especially if they want to go for a WW3 setting like @Elnin Joery mentioned and they will also need some foreign actors example like indians, europeans, americans etc etc who will play minor roles just cameo to show that the world is at war. 

Imo they should be able to get the 50mio budget 

I am not entirely sure if that kind of budget is needed but it depends on how big and ambitious they wanna go and comes down to if KES and production team really want to push the limits and want to chellenge themselves. I think it would suit them better to go much bigger  from season to season

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Heilo said:

I am not entirely sure if that kind of budget is needed but it depends on how big and ambitious they wanna go and comes down to if KES and production team really want to push the limits and want to chellenge themselves. I think it would suit them better to go much bigger  from season to season

The only issue will be the endorsements as they would want to be part the show and it is quite understandable if they pay half of the budget 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gwin said:

Of the ones actually released on the soundtrack:

• "My Love and..."  (orchestral version) - I first heard this used in the second teaser for this drama and I've liked it ever since.
  • "The Day" -  The music playing when LG went back to meet 2016 JTE in Episode 14
  • "Into the Fantasy" -  The music that plays whenever time stops.  I find it so cool.

The ones not released on the soundtrack:

• The music playing when LG and JTE first kissed, and when they had that "beheading kiss".   Also the same music used in the finale where they were in the in-between place looking at the luggage with clothes, and when they encountered Prince Buyeong in year 2000 -- I cannot believe this was actually excluded from the OST album.  Like why?!?  It is more memorable and was used in more important moments compared to some of the music they actually included in the SOT album.
  • The music playing at the end of Episode 10, in the previews for Episode 11 -- Was also used when LG rescued JTE ("Protect her!  She's the future queen!" scene).  
  • Finally, and this is the one I'm really bummed about,   the piano version of "My Love and..."  --- So many of LG and JTE's moments together had this music playing in the background.   

I haven't had the chance to get my hands on the BGM yet. How many tracks of BGM did they release on the album?