[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 hour ago, yonhap said:

Chapter 3

Reveal hidden contents

The obelisk illuminated in red.

Lee Gon stepped out of the portal. 

Standing a few meters away from the obelisk, Jeong Tae Eul's beautiful face emitted excitement and happiness. She ran up to Lee Gon, threw her arms around him with joy, and held him tightly. "The weekend is finally here," she exclaimed with excitement.

Amused with her childlike behavior like he always does, Lee Gon laughed and returned her hug. "I missed you too," he responded with a grin. He held on to her left hand and walked her back to the obelisk.

"I told my father that I will be out of town the whole weekend," Jeong Tae Eul said delighted smile. 

"Excellent. I have sent Yeong and Seung Ah away for the weekend so there should not be anyone disturbing us," Lee Gon assured her.

Jeong Tae Eul nodded smilingly. "Would be nice to just spend time at your place eating, watching movies and dawn break," she said happily. 

As Jeong Tae Eul walked along the long trail inside the portal, a thousand thoughts started running through her mind. "Is he really going to propose to me romantically at the palace? If he does, what am I going to do? I know I can't live without him...but can I just leave everything in my world and be with him?" she asked herself worriedly. The more she thought about it the more nervous she became.

Lee Gon felt Jeong Tae Eul's hand turned icy. He remained silent and continued walking her to their destination. "She must be worried that I will propose to her in the palace and not sure how to react to it," he thought with a grin.

Upon entering the Kingdom of Korea, Lee Gon helped Jeong Tae Eul onto Maximus, sat behind her and galloped along the racetrack. "You have been quiet ever since we entered the portal. Stop thinking too much and enjoy the weekend here with me," Lee Gon whispered in Jeong Tae Eul's ear.

Jeong Tae Eul frowned at him. "Who said I am thinking too much? It is the cold weather that is making me feel unease," she rebutted. 

Lee Gon grinned. "Alright. I will cook you something warm for supper then. I have soju and beer in the palace fridge too," he said.

Jeong Tae Eul's eyes beamed, smiling ear to ear. "Okay! You do the cooking and I will do the MSD!" she exclaimed with joy.

Upon returning Maximus to the barn, the couple walked along the quiet street leading to Busan Palace. Jeong Tae Eul looked up at the twinkling stars above her in silence, pondering about things.

Lee Gon raised his hand and ruffled her hair. "Do not be scared about things that has no happened," he teased.

Shocked, Jeong Tae Eul looked at him with her mouth wide open. "Yaaa, you do know that its my hair that makes me pretty. How could you..." she uttered annoyingly, smacking Lee Gon in the back with her right hand.

Suddenly, three loud gunshots broke the silence of the night. 

Both Lee Gon and Jeong Tae Eul simultaneously bent their knees and let out a cry of shock 

Lee Gon took a quick scan the area. "The gunshots are coming from that side," he said, pointing toward a row of shops up ahead of them. 

"What are we going to do now? Call the royal guards to come and get us who expose my identity to them...? Jeong Tae Eul groaned.

Two more gunshots went off.

Lee Gon held on to Jeong Tae Eul's hand. "Perhaps this is one of those things they we may have skipped in the past, fighting crime together," he blurted with a mischievous grin. 

Jeong Tae Eul let out a soft laughter. "Let's do it."

The couple sneaked their way toward the direction of the gunshots. After moving 100 meters, they spotted a group of men in black suits armed with guns, taking cover behind three different vehicles, shooting at two other people taking cover behind a van across the road. Among the two people one was a male and the other a female.

Jeong Tae Eul watched with her eyes wide open in shock. "It's hyungnim!" she exclaimed, catching a glimpse of the male's face. The male was indeed her ex colleague Kang Hyeon Min.

Lee Gon closed his eyes and sighed annoyingly. "What is he doing here in the late night? I should behead him for interrupting us while we are dating," he insisted.

"We have to help him! He is outnumbered! The person with him may have been injured" Jeong Tae Eul insisted. The female crouching next to Kang Hyeon Min with her face covered by him had indeed  remained still every since the couple arrived.

Lee Gon shook his head with another sigh. "You are asking you boyfriend to save another man's life without taking into consideration of your boyfriend's feelings," he grumbled.  

"We are talking about someone's life here! I thought you want us to fight crime together!" Jeong Tae Eul retorted.

"Fine!"

The three men in black suits hiding behind a sedan took turns to shoot at Kang Hyeon Min and the female with him. 

Lee Gon flung himself toward them, grabbed two of them by the head, smashed their faces against the sedan side window forcefully, forcing them to drop their handguns to the ground, as they fell unconscious.

Jeong Tae Eul jumped onto the third man from behind, struck the back of the head with her elbow and knocked him unconscious. She reached for the handgun which he had dropped to the ground.

Two other men hiding behind another sedan next to them raised their handguns, pointed it at the couple, and started shooting. 

The quick Lee Gon held one of the unconscious man in front of him, rushed in front of Jeong Tae Eul and used the unconscious man to shield the bullets from the front. The bullets struck the unconscious man's chest and head.

Lee Gon and Jeong Tael Eul returned fire and shot the two men on the head. The speed of their hands and the accuracy of their shooting were exquisite.

Kang Hyeon Min popped his head out as he watched the couple take out his targets in surprise. "Pheya? Who is the other woman with him? She looks exactly like Koo Seo Gyeong!" he uttered in disbelief as he looked at the unconscious Koo Seo Gyeong next to him.

Lee Gon and Jeong Tae Eul walked over to Kang Hyeon Min. 

Kang Hyeon Min bowed at Lee Gon and subsequently held out his police ID. "I'm detective Kang Hyeon Min from the Serious Crime Unit 3, pheya. Thank you for helping me with these gangsters," he said, appreciatively, taking another quick glimpse at Jeong Tae Eul, still in disbelief.

Jeong Tae Eul jumped in shock as she saw the unconscious female. "Lun..."

Lee Gon hurriedly cut in and said in excitement. "Could she be Jeong Tae Ra the long lost twin sister that you mentioned?" The name Jeong Tae Ra just popped into his mind as he remembered her as being amusing.

"Jeong Tae Ra?" Jeong Tae Eul and Kang Hyeon Min uttered in shock simultaneously. 

Jeong Tae Eul stared at Lee Gon blankly for a few seconds before she grasped his meaning. Deciding to go with his flow so that things would not get worst, she ran over to the unconscious Koo Seo Gyeong

The left side of her stomach was bleeding, it was a gun wound. 

"Dongsaeng," she called out hysterically, as she crouched beside Koo Seo Gyeong and held her by the arm, trying to wake her. 

Lee Gon reached for his mobile phone. "We have a few people with gunshot wound in Gwangan dong. Please send the paramedics at once," he said on the mobile phone.

Why is Jung Tae Ra killed off tho? in chapter 3?

• LOL 1

11 minutes ago, yonhap said:

unconscious...not dead yet...gonna have to edit it a bit later to make things clearer

I would suggest you to add Lee Jun aka T-LG and it seems like his popular around here and was second on the poll beating LJH-JTR convincingly and also remember to not kill off JTR:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

@yonhap

I liked both chapters but I liked chapter 2 more then chapter 3? Is this a continuity where you pick up things from where it ended?

- Jo Young - MSA part was good 

- LG-JTE moments were good 

- The JTR moment was strange how did she get there? 

- The fight scenes were also good 

• Like 3

Hello everyone :D how are you guys doing? 1st Friday without TKEM. It kinda feel something is missing hehe.  I just want to share with you guys some a news article I saw from Facebook.  The article says 

Actor Lee Minho was revealed to have more social media followers than the population of South Korea.According to the latest data gathered by Lee Minho's management agency, Lee Minho currently has over 65.4 million followers on his social media accounts.The number includes followers on his official social media accounts; including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Weibo, and more.

To read the full article you guys can click the link I share above. Or you guys can Find the article at SBS Star Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/112004329413042/posts/635894120357391/?d=n

I am so happy to read this news. Indeed our king is very popular worldwide and I am happy about it :wub: I remember years back even my country Malaysia, there was an evening drama that airs at 7 pm. The heroin in the that drama was a huge fan of Lee Min Ho so in her house there are lots of Lee Min Ho pictures and portrait. Even her husband support her  and start learning to eat Korean dishes and learn simple Korean language like they use in drama and didn’t get jealous lol. 

So are you guys having the withdrawal symptoms of TKEM? I do have withdrawal symptoms lol.  How do you  guys cope with it?  Hehe. Wow this page almost 1000 Pages. You guys are daebak :lol:

giphy-14.gif
Finally it’s Friday!!! TKEM day :lol:

174f599f17bc89f898b8d6e6ed4b38c225c54dab
Unfortunately the drama already ended last week

0d7a483341006a17c3dfd3e0f1106685a8f2f6f5
Omg I am having withdrawal symptoms then :sweatingbullets:

• Like 11
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, Ilmo yens said:

Why were you so far removed from everything? As for me I knew about it as soon as it was announced that he will join KES' new project and days later KGE joined. I knew it from the beginning but I didn't pay attention to when it was gonna air and we didn't had any official dates thats why I was late  

I was just busy with life, work and it was coronavirus heyday so i didn't had any time but before that i was also on 4 years hiatus from kdramas and i feel sudden reborn again. I lost out on the build up as i arrived on the premiere day of TKEM and came to this thread early 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Killa92 said:

So are you guys having the withdrawal symptoms of TKEM? I do have withdrawal symptoms lol.  How do you  guys cope with it?

I am in the middle of a massive withdrawal currently. I am just not coping with it well been rewatching here and there. I couldn't move on to anything so far and I have tried. I am only surviving on Youtube videos of our couple. What about you how are you coping?

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Flloy House said:

@yonhap

I liked both chapters but I liked chapter 2 more then chapter 3? Is this a continuity where you pick up things from where it ended?

- Jo Young - MSA part was good 

- LG-JTE moments were good 

- The JTR moment was strange how did she get there? 

- The fight scenes were also good 

- The JTR moment was strange how did she get there? oops, overlooked that part, did some editing

thanks for highlighting!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wis dom said:

I haven't had the chance to get my hands on the BGM yet. How many tracks of BGM did they release on the album?

22 instrumental tracks.   A lot lacking.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

2 minutes ago, Narine Joa said:

I am in the middle of a massive withdrawal currently. I am just not coping with it well been rewatching here and there. I couldn't move on to anything so far and I have tried. I am only surviving on Youtube videos of our couple. What about you how are you coping?

Stalking on this forum, uri King, queens & fellow actors & actress social media accounts. Listening to TKEM OST’s and still cant move on haha.  But when I am too busy with works and daily live lately  I kinda forget it for awhile.  But when I have nothing to do the withdrawals do come back. I am not very good coping with it lol. 22 June is uri King Birthday. Let’s do celebration in this forum :lol:

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I was just busy with life, work and it was coronavirus heyday so i didn't had any time but before that i was also on 4 years hiatus from kdramas and i feel sudden reborn again. I lost out on the build up as i arrived on the premiere day of TKEM and came to this thread early 

I knew about this drama before the outbreak but due to the coronavirus and other daily stuff I didn't follow the build-up hence one of the reasons why I arrived around the middle of the drama. 4 years hiatus? You were away from kdramas for sometime

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ilmo yens said:

I knew about this drama before the outbreak but due to the coronavirus and other daily stuff I didn't follow the build-up hence one of the reasons why I arrived around the middle of the drama. 4 years hiatus? You were away from kdramas for sometime

I atleast got here on time. I use to be active on and off from 2012-2016 and i would say late 2016.. For No particular reason while LMH enlisted but it was not due to that. Hihi. I was just fatigued watched to many kdramas around that era. TKEM got me out of the hiatus 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Killa92 said:

Stalking on this forum, uri King, queens & fellow actors & actress social media accounts. Listening to TKEM OST’s and still cant move on haha.  But when I am too busy with works and daily live lately  I kinda forget it for awhile.  But when I have nothing to do the withdrawals do come back. I am not very good coping with it lol. 22 June is uri King Birthday. Let’s do celebration in this forum :lol:

Yes we can celebrate in here with TKEM. You could post TKEM celebratory youtube videos. Are you active mostly on twitter or instagram?  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, yonhap said:

some small parts here and there

I can become your trainer if you wanna become famous fanfic writer and to be honest with you alot of famous writers today started out as fanfic writers. If you really take it serious perhaps you can make it big. 

My advice would be write longer chapters and make the theme a continuity but unique that suits you and don't try to follow the script or narrative make it your own narrative and go separate way with the characters. Which makes it your take on TKEM 

• Like 1