[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

16 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Up in the AIR it is then.The recent controversies from I have seen in My native entertainment industry , I get what UP and Way UP means. Anyhow.

I send you a PM and lets talk there. Check the PM

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Up in the AIR it is then.The recent controversies from I have seen in My native entertainment industry , I get what UP and Way UP means. Anyhow.

What dose it mean I would like to know. 

I have been rewatching episode 9 today noticed couple of scenes that I lost out one and then just ended up jumping to the beheading kiss and funny enough I found myself jumping to that scene again and again

16 minutes ago, Time loop said:

I have been rewatching episode 9 today noticed couple of scenes that I lost out one and then just ended up jumping to the beheading kiss and funny enough I found myself jumping to that scene again and again

I am on episode 4 and will rewatch later today 5.

@AgentQuake @Heilo

If you had to rewrite some scenes in the show which scenes would you chose to redo and perhaps add your on take on it.

10 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

@AgentQuake @Heilo

If you had to rewrite some scenes in the show which scenes would you chose to redo and perhaps add your on take on it

I would rewrite the beheading kiss scene completely and different and make it into more adult themed

1 hour ago, Heilo said:

IMO I don't think the early episodes had any issues except episode 6 the war scene and to be honest I thought that was unnecessary and just waste of time but I do agree with you they should have pre-produced everything. 

Hope they do that for the second season if it gets green light and pre-produce everything on advance

Scenes I could have done away with, or cut short (these are just off the top of my head):

1.   The one where JTE and SJ caught a girl who sold that stolen red wallet -- the only purpose of this was for JTE to see SJ meet his shrink?  Too much time wasted

2.   Multiple meetings of SJ with that gambling lord, and that whole extended episode with SJ's mom -- it was too long.  

3.   That scene where JTE, SJ and Jangmi went to a junk shop to look for the murder weapon used for Lee Sang Do -- Again, the way Lee Sang Do died was not really relevant, so why did they need to show us this? It's not as if all LR's doppelganger victims died the same way

4.   There was also one scene with the PM discussing gas contracts with Qatar and Japan and rare earth elements.  Also unnecessary.

5.   That scene in the grocery with Chief Park and his wife.  So out of left field.

Basically, a lot of the detective scenes were unnecessary for me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

@AgentQuake @Heilo

If you had to rewrite some scenes in the show which scenes would you chose to redo and perhaps add your on take on it

I would redo the CCTV shot of JY and MSA to mere hand touch , instead of that I would have preferred a Quick Kiss or Hug, and then scurrying Away . :lol:

Also would have liked to edit some ppl /PM scenes out (Lip Balm sharing and Lip balm buying in store, there is a Random lady who is suspected and Jangmi gets hold off her, while The shop lady is selling the balm to JTE , WHY?).

I still do not get her significance. One major character I couls have done without. Would rather have preffered second OTPs scenes or JY-LG baby interaction scenes as flashback to show how LG became LG we saw alongwith LR past as well.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, gwin said:

@Heilo @SCSfanz  The thing about rewatching is that I now see a lot of scenes which could've been dropped!  So many unnecessary scenes in the early episodes.   This drama really would have benefited from being pre-produced.  I suspect the COVID situation really threw a monkey wrench into their original plans.

I still love it, but I lament that it could have been better.  And could have avoided all the low ratings talk if the earlier episodes had been more streamlined.  Sigh.

Agree with you here. For me though, not just dropped, but whole sequences could actually have been re-written differently. I don't know how exactly, but what I do know for sure is that there is definitely a more effective way out there to tell the story than how it was told in the show, so that it would have kept more people hooked and tuned in. With the way they told the story I almost got the impression that they're deliberately alienating people - from the confusing timelines to the subtle switches between parallel worlds - I mean yes some people (like those of us here in this forum) thrive in keeping an eye on these details, but casual viewers will most definitely lose attention. So now I'm confused - did they really want this to happen? I mean weren't they targeting the general audience here? Shouldn't they have kept the balance between introducing complex concepts and a viewer-friendly way of storytelling instead of deliberately confusing the audience? I mean whyyyyyyyyy did they do what they did hahaha

I really really loved the show but like you I also wished they had done some things differently :wub:

7 minutes ago, madmad min said:

I would redo the CCTV shot of JY and MSA to mere hand touch , instead of that I would have preferred a Quick Kiss or Hug, and then scurrying Away .

Or a quick hot make-out session that was caught on cctv! :ph34r::phew:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

@AgentQuake @Heilo

If you had to rewrite some scenes in the show which scenes would you chose to redo and perhaps add your on take on it.

I would redo the hospital scene where his washing her hair instead of that I would have done a shower scene:tounge_wink:

• LOL 6

2 hours ago, Heilo said:

The same here there are some scenes that slipped from my mind because so many things happened and my memory is best with the later parts all tho I remember a good amount of hunk from the earlier episodes but some scenes slipped. 

Someone asked me on facebook yesterday about a scene that slipped from my mind about the car scene where JY asks for LG's phone in order to geolocate him via an app and LG asks him to name him on the app ''king'' but he tells him the username is owned by many people etc etc that scene slipped from my mind. 

Another scene was in the salt farm with Lee Lim and his gang. 

Did WDH accept the new script for the upcoming drama? and do you know anything about it 

@Heilo haha i remember that scene! everyone's username is KingXXX lol.  there's some realism to this, if we look at instagram there are many LMHs and WDHs accounts hahaa.  

No news yet about whether WDH accepted the new drama or not. i hope something will be confirmed soon. 

19 minutes ago, gwin said:

Scenes I could have done away with, or cut short (these are just off the top of my head):

1.   The one where JTE and SJ caught a girl who sold that stolen red wallet -- the only purpose of this was for JTE to see SJ meet his shrink?  Too much time wasted

2.   Multiple meetings of SJ with that gambling lord, and that whole extended episode with SJ's mom -- it was too long.  

3.   That scene where JTE, SJ and Jangmi went to a junk shop to look for the murder weapon used for Lee Sang Do -- Again, the way Lee Sang Do died was not really relevant, so why did they need to show us this? It's not as if all LR's doppelganger victims died the same way

4.   There was also one scene with the PM discussing gas contracts with Qatar and Japan and rare earth elements.  Also unnecessary.

5.   That scene in the grocery with Chief Park and his wife.  So out of left field.

Basically, a lot of the detective scenes were unnecessary for me.

@gwin agree with you on all of the above.  in fact i don't even remember scenes 1, 4 and 5 . lol. When i watched scene 2 , i felt detached from the show at some point. that whole segment didn't belong somehow, too long and pointless to some extent. i'd rather cut all these out and give our leads more character development. 

13 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Or a quick hot make-out session that was caught on cctv! :ph34r::phew:

7 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Haha YES!!! PLEASE...I still want Love is the MOMEEENT..there but Alas!!

@madmad min@Wanderer062287this forum has many perverts HAHAHHAHAHAA 

also i think alot of casual viewers probably dropped this show way too early. i read somewhere that you need a certain level of IQ to actually enjoy or understand this drama. I guess we all have high IQ in here :yum:

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

agree with you on all of the above.  in fact i don't even remember scenes 1, 4 and 5 . lol. When i watched scene 2 , i felt detached from the show at some point. that whole segment didn't belong somehow, too long and pointless to some extent. i'd rather cut all these out and give our leads more character development. 

Scene 2-Extended Gambling Lord and SJ was shown because SJ was initially supposed to be a KEY game changer, his background and behavioural patterns were being fleshed out ( If not he would have been reduced to Frowny Face Guy pinning for JTE) The script IMO got condensed or reshot or modified. That's why the scenes looks disconnected.SJ was a tragic character with A Effective purpose lost in on-air episode translation.

I think so because I could have also done without LUNA's extended scenes. In the overall scheme her only purpose was to make LG reach the bamboo forest that is it.

I remember @SweetButters theorizing Luna and JTE are same person, But at the end if that would have panned out LUNA would have been significant , and it somewhat made sense. It wasn't the case sadly.

Also on viewers dropping the show.>>I wouldn't have picked this if LMH wasn't involved TBH. Why? Not my kind of genre usually, that is a very personal choice though. Also echoes with my earlier sentiment, it would have been harder to sell this kind of storyline with a Different Cast.Everyone has a IQ to understand it, but One needs to keep a certain amt of concentration which is not required for other genre shows, hence the reports of People needing HIGHER IQ to follow. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

I still do not get her significance. One major character I couls have done without. Would rather have preffered second OTPs scenes or JY-LG baby interaction scenes as flashback to show how LG became LG we saw alongwith LR past as well.

Who is this character if i may ask? That doesn't have significance 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Heilo said:

I would redo the hospital scene where his washing her hair instead of that I would have done a shower scene:tounge_wink:

Nothing is better then show scenes. I would be all up for a shower scene. 

I wish that if they made second season that it will be on netflix exclusive then such scenes would be the norm. I hope this drama breaks certain tropes 

• Love 1