[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Lee Min Ho Finds Himself In Trouble With Kim Go Eun In “The King: Eternal Monarch”

Apr 17, 2020
by J. Lim

SBS’s new Friday-Saturday drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” has shared new stills of Kim Go Eun and Lee Min Ho going toe to toe with each other.

“The King: Eternal Monarch” tells the story of two parallel universes where one universe is a democracy that resembles modern-day Korea as we know it, while the other is an alternate universe in which Korea is an empire ruled by a single monarch. The drama was off to a strong start, with its first episode setting a new SBS record for the highest first episode viewership ratings for a Friday-Saturday drama.

Ahead of the second episode, the drama has shared stills of Emperor Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) and detective Jung Tae Eul’s second time seeing each other. Lee Gon is dragged to a police station in the other universe, where Jung Tae Eul attempts to figure out his identity. The pair are two forces to be reckoned with as Lee Gon keeps his regal composure while Jung Tae Eul does what she can to get information out of him.

Spoiler

Kim-Go-Eun4.jpgLee-Min-Ho5.jpgKim-Go-Eun-Lee-Min-Ho2.jpgLee-Min-Ho-11.jpg

Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun filmed the scene in February, and the two are said to have brought lively energy to the set. They went over every line with care, working hard to create the perfect scene with lines that bounced back between each other in quick succession. They are said to have left the staff laughing with their great chemistry and realistic bickering throughout the confrontational scene.

Spoiler

Kim-Go-Eun-12.jpgLee-Min-Ho-21.jpgKim-Go-Eun-21.jpgLee-Min-Ho-3.jpg

Hwa & Dam Pictures stated, “Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun are creating a fairytale-like story that takes place across two universes. Please keep watching to see how the relationship between the two evolves throughout the episodes.”

The upcoming episode of “The King: Eternal Monarch” will air on April 18 at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

---------------

#KimGoEun instagram post with a caption; "Aunt ~?? Aunt

• Like 6

I just finished watching the subbed Ep1 and I have been busy wiping drool off the floor. :wub:

How is it fair that LMH looks good no matter which angle? Even from the nostril up. Army sure did wonders for him. The bodyguard is too...he can helm his own drama.

Drama-wise, I have been keeping count of the timeline. So far, I’ve got Kingdom of Corea 1994 as well as Republic of Korea 2019 and present day. 

that’s it. And beautiful faces. :lol:

and, yeah, a circular plot maybe.

• Like 8

Just popped by to say that the first episode caught my attention - the story is really interesting. :)

Loved cool and fierce detective Jung Tae-ul. The granny in Lee Gon's palace is also so sweet and adorable. Lee Min Ho is looking great (as always) :wub:

I think it will be a heavy task to keep track of all the timelines and time-jumps. :D
We never saw what happened to Lee Gon in the Republic timeline - I wonder if his uncle killed him or not? I think he is still alive.

Also, we haven't seen Jung Tae-ul's parallel universe character in the Monarchy timeline. I have sneaking suspicion we have two Jung Tae-uls and one of them saved Lee Gon.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Did anyone noticed Jang Tae Ul's hallucination in car? Is there any mystery behind that scene or just a normal hallucination? What are your thoughts chingus? 

I have one doubt. Ine man was found dead near sea in corea(King's universe). Was it wheel chair person? But his dead body was with police in Republic timeline. Did the baddie uncle stole from police custody from Republic korea and threw in sea in King's corea? That seems too much of a work for a person who just arrived in Republic Korea. So im pretty confused. What if there's third universe and that dead body was from third world. 

Mianhae im yet to remember character names. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:
12 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I can’t decide on who save him while he was child but I am pretty confused why his neck hurt in the wrong side :D

I don't know if i'm correct, but his uncle stab the flute by using his left hand into the neck of young minho(first clip) and the right hand is choking him, that's why I think the location of the scar is correct.

Edited by Jillia
Please answer outside the quote, thanks!
  • Like 4

The new stills are making me all excited for the episode....but then I have been that way since the last one ended :D Our poor king's face.......the King of Corea is being treated like a common criminal in Korea ....and that too by the woman he came searching for.....complete with cheek swabs:lol: and he has more horrors in store when even his own bodyguard will refuse to recognize him as per the precap <_<:D

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

I love the way the king talks! He carries himself with such grace! :wub:

Laughed so hard at him annoying JTE for most of the first half lol. Omo, I don’t believe there has ever been any woman who dared hang up on the king before in his life. 

They have cute chemistry :wub:

• Like 8