[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

@Ameera Ali i edited and added that if there are parallel universes, can there be parallel injuries  too, lol if it makes any sense! That two lee gons have parallel injuries on neck? One on right and one on left?

And maybe flute has something to do with the aging? We have to see his worker have aged or not, when evil uncle came back in 2004 and took him to make correct guess.

We can only wait lol

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200418

The King of Eternity, number one in the same time slot on all channels from the first episode.Kim Eun-sook Power 

SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook/directed by Baek Sang-hoon, produced by Jung Ji-hyun/produced by Hwa & Dam Pictures), which first aired on the 17th, overwhelmed the small screen with its all-time best move to surpass double-digit ratings from the first broadcast. According to ratings agency Nielsen Korea, the first episode of "The King-The Lord of Eternity" achieved 11.4 percent in the first part of the Seoul metropolitan area and 12.9 percent in the second part, ranking first in the same time slot for all channels. It also recorded 6.8 percent in viewer ratings, a major indicator of advertising officials, breaking the record for the first episode of SBS's "Friday-Saturday Drama" and soaring to a record high of 14 percent (part two) in the instant, proving the popularity of "Kim Eun-sook's Drama."

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202004180820547795353_1

• Like 10

Just to put another perspective on the rating. It was a record for fri-sat drama premier on SBS. :)  Crossing my fingre that it is gonna go up from here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1395004wpp/the-king-eternal-monarch-sets-sbs-ratings-record-with-premiere

So have watched first episode and by the end was intrigued :D I think writer have established the world, but also left stuff to be answered true out the drama. I hope writer knows where she is going explaining how the parallel world is connected. But at least we knows who the bad guy is from the start :ph34r: 

PS. As a horse lover Maximus is a handsome horse. :wub:

• Like 7

I liked the first episode very much, but I'm still very confused about how this portal works. 

About the neck injury, I'm hopping it's a mistake because if h was not Lee Gon, then why would he have memories from that day and why would he be looking for Jung Tae-eul. Anyway I'm going to asume it's a mistake!

And I believe the one that saved Lee Gon was Kim Go-eun. 

• Like 4

2020041801001228600082351.jpg

It is literally the return of the king. Actor Lee Min-ho returned with an image of a firmer, more mature emperor and shook the hearts of viewers.

SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" (hereinafter referred to as "The King"), which has been a hot topic even before its airing with Lee Min-ho's comeback, was first aired on the 17th amid keen interest. An interesting narrative and grand-scale visual beauty of the film unfolded against the backdrop of the parallel world, in which the constitutional monarchy's "Korea Empire" and the presidential system's "Korea Republic" coexist on different dimensions.

Lee Min-ho, who turned into the Korean Empire emperor Lee Gon in 2020, showed the power of fame and fortune with his deeper masculinity and fluttering charm of romantic comedy, relieving viewers of the long wait and thirst.

The second episode of SBS Friday-Saturday drama "The King" will air at 10 p.m. on Saturday night, 18th, and will be available on Netflix.

http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/906865?ref=naver

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, kiklaminHo said:

Chingus dont look the ratings.

If TKEM is against The world of Married is tough .Most likely The World of Married will have the first place.

Already the Married world has its audience and  people in Korea talk about it waiting to see each episode having an increase.

I will not continue talking about another drama in this thread its not right.All actors try their best for their work.

TKEM had a nice start .Cinematography was excellent, acting was good.Its still a little confusing the story with the two parallel worlds for some viewers and many did not catch the detail with Minho be behind the mask.

After episode 4 we can see more clear how the drama will do.

Minho is adorable with Do Hwan .

Minho is my bias but I know Do Hwan s work as well and he is a very good actor.

Kung Nam is cute too and happy to see the villain guy again.

As of Go Eun /Minho,  they look good together.

The world of married starts 50 minute Later than TKEM. And as far as i know the drama only air together for like 30 min? So there is more time.not airing together than air together. 

I mean even goblin had a slow 6% start (cable  tv) before booming. Usually the shows start to finalize their rating position after 4 episode just like what happen to the The world of married which after 4 episode stabilize at double digit per episode and right now on par for 20%. 

TKEM also had their chance to go for 20% as well. Just need time to stabilize the story and we go for a ride

• Like 7

Talented Actor Lee Minho and Kim Goeun prove their popularity and surpassed 11,4% ratings in the first episode of 'the King: Eternal Monarch'!

According to Nielsen Korea, a ratings agency, the first episode of SBS' "The King: Eternal Monarch," which first aired on April 17th, recorded 10.1 percent and 11.4 percent. It is the highest ratings among SBS' Friday-Saturday dramas that began in February last year.

The broadcast on this day revealed the process from the tragedy that took place in the Korean Empire in 1994 to the third emperor Lee Gon (Lee Minho) crossing the parallel world door to the Republic of Korea. At the end of the show, Lee Gon met Jeong Taeeul (played by Kim Goeun), who had long visited, and raised expectations for the next episode.

Meanwhile, before "The King" was released, SBS's first-ever ratings ranking for Friday and Saturday dramas was followed by "The Fiery Priest" (10.4%), "Vagabond" (10.4%), and "Hyena" (10.3%).

• Like 7

“The King: Eternal Monarch” Sets SBS Ratings Record With Premiere

308d6406f7194e5b9b32ade343834d6f.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “The King: Eternal Monarch” has premiered to a strong start.

The drama, starring Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun, is a fantasy romance that tells the story of two parallel universes, one in which Korea is a constitutional monarchy and one similar to present-day Korea. Lee Min Ho plays Emperor Lee Gon, and Kim Go Eun is detective Jung Tae Eul.

According to Nielsen Korea, the April 17 premiere of the drama recorded nationwide averages of 10.1 and 11.4 percent viewership, setting an SBS record with the network’s highest Friday-Saturday drama premiere ratings thus far. Rankings for best Friday-Saturday premieres on SBS include “The Fiery Priest” (10.4 percent), “Vagabond” (10.4 percent), and “Hyena” (10.3 percent).

JTBC’s “The World of the Married,” which had seen an increase in ratings with each episode since its premiere, saw a 0.3 point decrease on Friday, recording 18.5 percent viewership.

Channel A’s “Eccentric! Chef Moon” recorded 0.8 percent ratings.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1395004wpp/the-king-eternal-monarch-sets-sbs-ratings-record-with-premiere

Lee Min Ho x Kim Go Eun's 'The King: Eternal Monarch' premieres with the highest ever first episode ratings for a weekend drama

1587166979-20200417-theking.jpg

On April 17, scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook's new SBS Fri-Sat drama series 'The King: Eternal Monarch' aired its highly-anticipated first episode, starring Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, Woo Do Hwan, Lee Jung Jin, and more.

According to Nielsen Korea, the grand premiere of 'The King: Eternal Monarch' recorded average viewership ratings of 11.4% and 12.9% for episodes 1 and 2 aired on Friday night, marking the highest ever viewership ratings recorded by a weekend evening drama series. Furthermore, the highest viewership rating recorded during episode 2 reached as high as 14%.

The newest blockbuster project by hit scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook of 'The Heirs', 'Descendants of the Sun', 'Goblin', 'Mister Sunshine', and more, 'The King: Eternal Monarch' tells the fantasy story of two different modern day dimensions, and a connected doorway. In the story, Lee Min Ho plays the role of a modern day king with the power to travel across this dimensional doorway, while Kim Go Eun plays the role of a detective who investigates this stranger from a different world. 

Did you catch the grand premiere of SBS's 'The King: Eternal Monarch'?

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/04/lee-min-ho-x-kim-go-euns-the-king-eternal-monarch-premieres-with-the-highest-ever-first-episode-ratings-for-a-weekend-drama

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 9

I may wait for 2 episodes before I indulge.

I am the biggest fan of Goblin and even bought the D-Cut.

I liked Kim Go Eun from that time onwards.

So I am looking forward to seeing her on screen again.

And Lee Min Ho? First love from BOF days. LOL

Can't wait to binge!

• Like 8

Tangled!!!

Lee Gon really named his white horse after a Disney character, didn’t he? That’s some next-level fairy-tale obsession. Clearly, he is a king who leads by example. Perhaps he can exhange his sword for a trusty pan next.

bacf65d71310b12ce6983b2254fc4d6a1dec7e255219b2b81505491584db18b825d83ac61c84fa1e5e19d31be9a68ee2bc2df0ab450217e9874ce4f6

Spoiler

Maximus.jpg

• Like 8
  • LOL 5

the king, eternal monarch: royalty, love story across parallel worlds and times, badass female characters, bromance where they would die for each other, political intrigue, a thriller, high-fantasy with a king on a white horse, stunning cinematography.  
f1edbc2452b7131e82a858e0da0eb3624e88cd3c.gifv
Spoiler

5e076a3e9dfaba99fa03bc53b3506331c4385dba.gifv
edbcb8c3696d9b45c9875a7320773492216190ff.gifv
7132e741c89ffd1559bd31429c62ebfd54880421.gifv
4644dbcf41167d2da697cdc2aed6c862e21237f6.gifv5b7657d89123f09ebce2c013dd3256a5bbdde0aa.gifv

sofarawayinthemilkyway: The King: Eternal Monarch: Episode 1

+++++++

look how the table have turned after 11 years...and yes she’s still alive!

Spoiler

• Like 8
  • LOL 14

원본 이미지원본 이미지

naver

====

NEWS

Posted by beansss AKP STAFF  2 hours ago

Lee Min Ho x Kim Go Eun's 'The King: Eternal Monarch' premieres with the highest ever first episode ratings for a weekend drama

AKP STAFF

1587166979-20200417-theking.jpg

On April 17, scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook's new SBS Fri-Sat drama series 'The King: Eternal Monarch' aired its highly-anticipated first episode, starring Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, Woo Do Hwan, Lee Jung Jin, and more.

According to Nielsen Korea, the grand premiere of 'The King: Eternal Monarch' recorded average viewership ratings of 11.4% and 12.9% for episodes 1 and 2 aired on Friday night, marking the highest ever viewership ratings recorded by a weekend evening drama series. Furthermore, the highest viewership rating recorded during episode 2 reached as high as 14%.

The newest blockbuster project by hit scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook of 'The Heirs', 'Descendants of the Sun', 'Goblin', 'Mister Sunshine', and more, 'The King: Eternal Monarch' tells the fantasy story of two different modern day dimensions, and a connected doorway. In the story, Lee Min Ho plays the role of a modern day king with the power to travel across this dimensional doorway, while Kim Go Eun plays the role of a detective who investigates this stranger from a different world. 

Did you catch the grand premiere of SBS's 'The King: Eternal Monarch'?

• Like 11

The masked person has a male body build so it's not Jeong Tae Eul. Also when the masked person goes to check young Lee Gon's pulse, the closer look is def. Lee Minho. If the person is not Tae Eul then why and how he wears hers badge.

Taeeul's badge it says 11.11.19 here. 

3I4iIVZ.png

then the next scene it shows 9.10.2019

jS8jkEr.png

so Tae Eul got a new ID card in 2 month?? 

It's just me or the scene where the Masked person crash into the glass then got up to go near the wall then suddenly slows walk shooting people in the next scene is weird ??? 

Luna is interesting. She knows she need to lead Lee Gon to Korea and appears to Taeeul. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 5

Hi, I'm new here! Nice to join you all.. :)

As usual, same like Goblin.. I can't help but joining kim eun sok's drama forum. 

As a die hard fan of Goblin, who went through every single page in the soompi forum before.. I must speak out what's inside my mind right now coz it's overloaded, and I believe there will be many theories and analysis regarding this drama in this forum.

*Can't help but notice the mistake of lee gon scar. The villain hurts him on the left side of his neck. But the scar is shown at the right side of his neck. Nevermind. Just stating because kim eun sok taught me to be this particular towards her story. :sweatingbullets::lol:

So, there are some scenes that really bother me a lot.

1. How can tae ul come to the other world when she's also a kid when lee gon being attacked and his father being killed? I think there must be some time capsule element. Idk. Just saying. Plus, the masked one has man figure. 

2. Tae ul in kingdom world is very suspicious. I think she is related with the man who save lee gon. I can't wait to know tae ul of kingdom character intro. 

3. The reflection of lee gon at the blue mirrored building after he chased rabbit sweater girl (tae ul of kingdom). I must say that i keep on comparing the reflection of leegon with tae ul co-partner in the police (in Republic world). Somehow i feel that the co worker is lee gon in republic world. Dizzy right? Hahahha me too! I have to pause several times. Keep on repeating the reflection. Idk. I might be wrong. 

Writer-nim really knows how to make our heart and mind burst. 

Arghh so many questions...I have to relax and enjoy the drama right? Btw I love Minho and Goeun chemisty on and off camera :wub:

• Like 6

Tbh, the first episode was so confusing for me on first watch. I had to rewatch it the second time in order to understand what’s going on. Especially the change from one universe to the other, there wasn’t always a text on screen to tell us which universe are we watching then. 

Still confused about few things but will wait for ep.2 to shed more lights on it. 

Eg. when JTE and her colleague interrogating Lee Rim, when was that? I could see the date 1995/6/27... what date was that about? (Edit: found out that it is date of death). Lee Rim was wearing his suit and had blood all over, just like on the day he killed his half-brother. But in Korea 2019 (judging from JTE’s age) he is already settled himself in a workshop and no longer wearing  three-piece suit. 

Also, from what I understand, the bamboo flute does not open the portal every 20 years, but that it was revealed to public every 20 years to pray for peace in the country. 

• Like 5