[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

55 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

I am confused shouldn’t she ask , how she is a lieutenant for 25 years :D

There no point in arguing with someone who’s clearly out of their mind. :lol:

I’m having fun with this drama. As a viewer, I can’t help but swoon at LG’s persistence. His proposal was so adorable because he seemed like a child. Such an intelligent king can be so clueless. He’s so used to being the king, he forgets he’s not the king of Korea. Lol. 

*side note* boy are we moving fast in the kdrama land these days. A proposal by episode 2? That’s gotta be a record lol.

On JTE’s side, I would react the same exact way. He must be out of his mind to believe he is the king of some place that doesn’t exist. Is he a stalker? I would be creeped out, regardless of how handsome he is. I love how 98% of the time, she is so annoyed by him. You really can’t take him seriously, I wouldn’t if I were her. Lol. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 10

Hello everyone!

It occurs to me that in the first scene when Lee Rim was interrogated by the female lead, he was said to be born in 1951 and be 70 years old this year, doesn't it mean the year should be 2021?

• Like 7
  • Insightful 3

Silly King Lee Gon already propose his girl in episode 2!!:D

Will the King meet the Rabbit girl (Kim Go Eun Granny look alike) .. I wonder

I agree with the comments regarding the Mystery Savior; he looks like Lee Gon aka John Lee. Adult Lee Gon saved the young Lee Gon. I like this kind of drama which has lots of flashback after flashback scenes :w00t:

• Like 10

Finally get to watch the drama back to back and now I regretted because I have to wait till next friday to watch episode 3!!!

I'm loving everything about this show although I feel like the screensaver on JTE's computer when LG was explaining about Einstein's theory at the police station. I couldn't understand a single thing. I tried. I really do. But it's not working for me. Lol.

I don't like LG's step uncle. He is confusing me too. I will watch again to try to understand his part of the drama including the Einstein's theory.  Hahaha.

And..... I'm totally swooning whenever LG and JTE are together and when they are just looking at each other. :wub:

And when LG just said all the right words to JTE...

O M G!

Be still my heart.....

Can Netflix just acquire all the episodes and let us watch the rest of it now?????

• Like 12
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

He’s so used to being the king, he forgets he’s not the king of Korea. Lol. 

he didn’t forget , he more crazy to think that :joy: he think Queen Yuna is ruling the kingdom like him :joy:  

15872382521587238238.gif

15872385901587238572.gif

• Like 6
  • LOL 11

16 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

@scrawford:  i echo what most have already said.  Any fan of LMH knows, we don't have to like it, but we know, people are going to criticize him regardless of his performance, looks, etc.  We should feel sorry for them, the meanies, because they have to put someone down to make themselves feel good?  That's sad.  It's fine if they don't like LMH, and constructive criticism is fine, but do you really have so much time that you need to voice it?  I definitely have better things to do than put someone else down, like being here with all of you!:kiss_wink:

I watched The King a second time and I understood it much better because I was paying attention.  The first watch I was eating lunch so my head was bobbing up and down so I missed some of the subtitles.:o On to watch ep 2 and yeah, I'm eating lunch again, so I'll have to watch it again lol:lol:

It's only politics it never was constructive and have generally no effect as these people are geninuely not audience or targetted audience they are tiny few hardcore stans who frequent platforms they have alot of time on their hands. I remember someone just last week calling people to stand down and avoid the fan-wars and avoid another Itaewon class situation but guess what nobody was listening people were already going at it lowkey before it premiered so technically while ceasefire was being called upon both sides were gathering ammunition and knew the war will begin. It is what it is. I have been here many times. All of his megahits tv-shows had similar journey it is part of the process. There is always positive in their existence it's all good at the end of the day. converse with them:D 

• Like 9

Episode 2, LMH promoting BBQ chicken, Prime minister promoting Jewelry and  KDW watching Netflix in Korea. Anyone noticed that :D:D. Netflix has an ad in the drama. First one ever, I think.

The ratings on SBS might be lower than expected because many K-netizens may be watching Netflix. Someone said there was an influx of Koreans subscribing to Netflix. Netflix should check the numbers for King

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, Khôi Xuân Trúc Đinh said:

Hello everyone!

It occurs to me that in the first scene when Lee Rim was interrogated by the female lead, he was said to be born in 1951 and be 70 years old this year, doesn't it mean the year should be 2021?

u5D4Dai.png

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

Okay, first thing’s first: how cute is young maximus. :wub:

I had my initial doubts about the leads chemistry and I’m happy to conclude that I am very satisfied with it. I have to admit, Tae Eul is carrying the show for me still, I find LMH a bit lacking. Don’t hate!! Lee Gon won me over in the milk scene.

I love JY’s counterpart. He’s a country bumpkin and he’s hilarious. I wish the two Jo Young’s would meet. That would be hilarious to watch. Also I’m shipping camera girl with Jo Young. I’ve never seen the actress but she does squeeing perfectly, not too much, just the right amount.

Omg the crushing. Ah my heart. I already love Lee Gon and Tae Eul together so how can I wish Tae Eul with her partner as well? The crush scene was adorable, when he just kept staring at her from the window. Also LMAO did her dad pimp her out to get more students? I’m gonna have a fun time with the dad too. Her sister is the camera lady from the alt universe right?

As I previously said, Kim Go Eun is running the show for me. She’s so delicate with her acting and I totally believe her as a police officer. I felt so bad for Lee Gon, the fish out of the water a.k.a dog poop. But I have to admit, I couldn’t keep my eyes off Maximus and King Arthur. They’re a team and I can’t wait to watch more adventures with them and Princess Diana.

Speaking of adventures, Lee Rim is walking around painting temples? What gives? Also does he have some kind of power to do whatever people wishes or is he like a assassin for hire? There was news about a God and a Devil so I’m wondering who he is; God or Devil. And even if he gives what the people want what does he get from it? Satisfaction? I doubt that. He seems like a person to have the better end of the stick. (p.s. I still can’t get over how gorgeous Lee Jung Jin oppa looks :wub: Age is surely just a number to him)

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

I'm loving everything about this show although I feel like the screensaver on JTE's computer when LG was explaining about Einstein's theory at the police station. I couldn't understand a single thing. I tried. I really do. But it's not working for me. Lol.

You’d have to be a math major or a mathematician to really understand quantum theory and quantum mechanics. It’s quite difficult to grasp. In fact, many mathematicians still don’t understand it lol. But it’s the idea that all things can exist as many things at the same time. Don’t know how but many believe it to be real. 

55 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Can Netflix just acquire all the episodes and let us watch the rest of it now?????

Yes please! 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1