[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200419

The second episode of SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook/directed by Baek Sang-hoon, produced by Jung Ji-hyun/produced by Hwa & Dam Pictures), which aired on the 18th (Saturday), achieved 9.7 percent ratings in the first part and 12.9 percent ratings in the second part of the Seoul metropolitan area and topped the same time slot for all channels. Not only did the ratings jump to 7.4 percent in the 20-49 ratings, a major indicator of advertising officials, but also the highest instant viewer ratings rose to 14.7 percent (based on part two), signaling an upward trend in ratings. In other words, it demonstrated the return of romantic comedy with a fresh spring sensibility, displaying the power of "as expected and the right combination."

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202004190727089789024_1

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

15872518981587251894.gif

with her tiding up her hair for 20 times in one episode, I noticed  her current ID  picture is with a open hair 

15872523421587252339.gif

The ID he got as child is with tied up hair like the way she like to do it now 

15872525281587252499.gif

** in the current ID 2019 she wearing the police uniform, but other one she wearing different 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 6

It really looks like the next episode will have some major developments, particularly the last few seconds of the preview got me excited because it shows LG being physically affected and hurt by his traveling across the universes. It might be a trick of light but it seems that there is a new scar on his back. Did he cut himself on the shards of glass from the destroyed ceiling 25 years ago or is it something recent caused by what's happening to him?

a0BQUzG.png

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Before you all start losing ur mind over ratings please read

Just have patience.  Story will pick up by 3rd week. They need to lay foundation first.

I looked too The Heirs I hope it will  rise 

Spoiler

MTVlOWI4ZmI1ZGM3NDI.png

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Before you all start losing ur mind over ratings please read

Hide contents

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fiery_Priest

And check sbs last year's  biggest hit fiery priest. Its second episode first half was 8.6% and 11.2% for second half. But it ended up as biggest drama on public  network  last year. You guys need to be realistic.  The days of 30% ratings are over now.  If king ends up with 20% finale. It will be huge success in korea. Just make your expectation  realistic. And avoid hateful sites.

First week average is nearly  10.4% which is close to fiery priest first week average of 11%. So we r in good company 

Just have patience.  Story will pick up by 3rd week. They need to lay foundation first.

No worries about ratings. It’ll start to pick up once the story is established. I prefer a drama that is well developed and starts off slow but picks up in pace as the story progresses. Too many times I’ve watched dramas that started with a bang then goes downhill after. Just note, all hit dramas rise in ratings gradually. Heirs took a good 10 episodes to surpass 15% and it ended with 25%. We’re good here! Also, I’m going to say this is one of the more interesting plots from writer Kim. I’ll be the first to be brutally honest if I think it’s not good but I’m genuinely interested and enjoying it. 

I actually like episode 2 a lot, even more so than episode 1. It’s laying the ground for a thrilling story to unfold. I’m certain Lee Lim is involved in the crime they’re investing. Notice the suspect said he was knocked in the head and suddenly woke up with blood all around him? He’s most likely telling the truth. Lee Lim must have stopped time and constructed all of that without anyone knowing. He may have overheard the victim’s wife wishing for his death and acted on it. Our heros will get closer to catching Lee Lim as they investigate this case, tying us back to the beginning where they caught him. Only then will the king learn of LL’s existence. And then the real real real story can finally start! :scream:

• Like 13
  • Love 1

I reallyyyy love how we are all comforting each other and talking about the ratings. It is going to be ok!! :)) It feels so gooood that I have somewhere to leave comment, read comment, and express my feelings about the drama of my all time Oppa crush. :blush: Thank you all! :bawling: Thank you for analysis about story and rating. Looking at Heirs ratings, we need to be patient and trust the writer. ^^

• Like 16

15872551061587255087.gif

Is this his way to change his own history by experimenting on his lookalike & his lowly life 

ezgif-3-d57491dd2105.gif

He can’t change someone ( his ) fate but he can change what happen to the people surrendering him . 

Spoiler

15872541681587254161.gif

• Like 12

I dont know about you chingus but when I start reading the comments I am full of energy and I want to answer in many chingus but at the end of the comments I feel so overwhelmed and tired reading all these, positive,negative,insightful, funny, quantum theory, parallel universe theories, clockwise and not clockwise theories, who is who e.t.c that I feel that nothing is in my mind anymore.

@heartoppaya ........  I have to admit Ta Eul is carrying  the show for me still ,I find LMH a bit lacking  .Dont hate!........

sorry for cutting your post chingu.

I have a different opinion from you but  of course I am not going to hate you. :)

hahaha .....how can I hate a chingu that in her avi calls herself as an male body enthusiast!

Indeed we have many things in common chingu.:D

I can see that we both can appreciate my Oppa's ....physique!

I see some posters got upset from some reviews especially from a certain blog.

LOL, I forgot about this blog and another one .

The last time I read them it was a long time ago before "The Heirs "

Why I have to read things from others when I see their views are completely different than mine and they try to belittle actors , careers and fans.

Like others said we need productive criticism.

My time is too precious to spend it in negativity.

Thank you @briseis, @Ameera Ali ,

@syntyche and other chingus( I am sorry I can not remember the names at the moment) for all the postings with photos and theories they give us.

.I have 2 questions my friends :

-Do you believe the detective friend will stay a royal friend to Ta Eul or maybe he will switch sides?

I can not see why he spend time drawing Corea 's symbol.Its something else behind his behavior?

- In Corea the young reporter/photographer seems to be smitten from handsome Jo Young.

I would love to see a love line between them in Korea's time also.And I read in a post ,sorry for not remembering the name, that Jo Young will make us cry at the end. I agree and I start preparing myself.

.I dont know why but Do Hwan seems to have a tragic end in most of his dramas.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

I think the drama is really engaging and enjoyable so far! I'm sure the ratings will pick up soon

I'm just slightly confused because I remember the initial synopsis said that he will make a deal with the devil or answer the devil's question and I thought do hwan was playing the devil LOL

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

6 hours ago, sasha1818 said:

I think the drama is really engaging and enjoyable so far! I'm sure the ratings will pick up soon

I'm just slightly confused because I remember the initial synopsis said that he will make a deal with the devil or answer the devil's question and I thought do hwan was playing the devil LOL

I’m laughing because I’m sure you’re not alone. Plenty of people thought WDH would be playing the devil because he did in the past. 

I’m going to say the devil, in this case, took the form of a human. Specifically, Lee Lim. 

Sometimes synopsis aren’t entirely accurate. :)

• Like 9

Something I wonder about, why is the camera girl not a sister of Luna... or that is yet to be revealed? I mean, JES/JY has the same father in Korea and Corea. Same goes for Lee Gon/LJH, except for the missing (dead?) vs. living mother. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Something I wonder about, why is the camera girl not a sister of Luna... or that is yet to be revealed? I mean, JES/JY has the same father in Korea and Corea. Same goes for Lee Gon/LJH, except for the missing (dead?) vs. living mother. 

I don’t believe the camera girl’s doppelgänger is JTE’s sister in Korea. She calls her unni but they are just friends. It looks like she owns a cafe where JTE lives. Noticed she drove there with her expensive car? JTE is the only child and her family consists of only her and her dad. :D

• Like 7
  • Insightful 3

Credit to the owner

As expected this is one of the hot threads in the forum.  There are times when I would just like to enjoy watching and waiting for the story that the writer has prepared especially a drama like this.  However,  I don't mind reading all the theories that have been posted .... keep it coming.:blush:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

MYM IG update

The 'Advanced Straight Romance' is a 70-minute net. The second episode of Lee Gon's visit to Korea is depicted, and the top of the scene is settled with an unprecedented proposal! Thank you for your bombing.. We look forward to the charm of Emperor Lee Gon, and we will be together for the 3rd and 4th time next week!

• Like 9