[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

11 minutes ago, marshemell0ws said:

Bittersweet as we come to an ending tomorrow. I need closure. At least we know the wrap up party is tomorrow and it's TWO HOURS (almost) long so hopefully the writer will not pull anything dumb.

I voted in the poll for an ending in Switzerland because It's what I've believed from minute one. But I refuse to have an open ending. 

The writer has almost two hours, she can make a good conclusion for an excelent drama. 

Indeed, I hope she'll use the last epilogue to show us their lifetimes in the future.

• Like 10

That was a heart-stopping, heart-wrenching, and "I am already out of breath" cliffhanger episode.  I do bow to this writer. The juxtaposition of the two scenes with both the first lead and second lead couples was brilliant! 

Spoiler

But sad to say because of the flatliner sound, one of them will die.  And we all know who that will be.

I know we gush about the leads, the ducklings and the ajuhmmas.  But I would like to highlight the ditzy wife of the older brother.  She is one funny lady who's comedic timing is really on spot and I always have to laugh during her scenes. My favorite scene of her is when Se-ri wrestled the ring out of her finger when she got back from NK.  I wonder what other dramas she is on.  She is such a great actress.

And  I love that IU took on an OST for this drama.  I always enjoy her angelic voice.  I know this is something aside, please watch her in My Ahjussi.  One of the better K-dramas that's a little dark but was beautiful.  Our CLOY's Man Bok is also in that drama.

Edited by Mattie2020
spoiler for some.
  • Like 11
  • Love 2

32 minutes ago, imels said:

I was really sad listening to the song that was sang by the orphans, and saw how SJ cried over the song. He was changed to be a better man, because he knew all these times he did bad deeds for revenge. 
Though the epilogue was a parody from SiTR, but the writer send the message to us clearly that JH is a man who loves his woman so much and will take all the risks to protect her and to be with her (of course I don’t need a psycho analyst just like the young NIS guy to see this). 
The preview, when JH cross the border once again, I believe it’s because he learns that SR is awake from her coma. Oh my, I wish I have this guy in my life! 
I hope the ending will not be an open ending. Either it is sad or happy, please writer nim, give us a forever ever happy ending to JH and SR and their twins. I don’t care about political issues anymore. They have to be together! Period!

I love CLOY very very much, I will remember this drama forever!

Yes!! Screw geopolitics we just need them to be together forever 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I read in Wikipedia,  CLOY genre is Romantic drama  (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_Landing_on_You) :

Romantic dramas usually revolve around an obstacle which prevents deep and true romantic love between two people. Music is often employed to indicate the emotional mood, creating an atmosphere of greater insulation for the couple. The conclusion of a romantic drama typically does not indicate whether a final romantic union between the two main characters will occur. Some examples of romantic drama films are Titanic, The Bridges of Madison County, The English Patient, Sommersby, Casablanca, Coming Home, Jungle Fever, Memoirs of a Geisha, Last Tango in Paris, Water for Elephants, 5 Centimeters per Second, Love Story.[2]

Base on this Drama title "Crash Landing" word (On above interview start 0:40) HB said that this drama has unpredictable stories.

But still I really hope It would be happy ending for all character.

@sybof you said my words :love:

• Like 3

Today's episode was heartbreaking, heartwarming and beautiful. The writer is not perfect by any means - but her ability to weave moments into her stories and then connect them throughout is amazing. For me, RJH and Se-ri's love story is one of the most mature and well-written (I selfishly would like a love scene to end it off.)

And this cast is perfect. Amazed by each of their performances - Son Ye Jin in particular today ... her ability to portray the physical pain with the emotional pain - so subtle. And the girl can faint lol. 

I will be sad to see this series end but it's had a good run.

@Mattie2020 The oldest daughter-in-law is my favorite character from South Korea. She is a riot!!

• Like 13
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

EQ1GUjMU8AEjxSr?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EQ1GUjLUcAAu2hr?format=jpg&name=4096x409

cre :@Tukkatamickie37

quoting someone from twiiter "It is mind-blowing how a lead actor and actress can look so good together and have such oozing chemistry,theres no pair like them,and just like that they meet after work on an movie. i will remember this drama as one best drama that ever created in k drama land.

• Like 12
  • Love 8

I just finished Ep 15. I can’t believe it. What an episode. The last part about the dream of Seri. OMG don’t tell me the writer would like to bring “ Going back time” into this drama. Dont tell me the end actually the present! Its really insane if its true. The writer, she is crazily amazing !! :):)

• Like 8

5 hours ago, MiahTran said:

I just finished Ep 15. I can’t believe it. What an episode. The last part about the dream of Seri. OMG don’t tell me the writer would like to bring “ Going back time” into this drama. Dont tell me the end actually the present! Its really insane if its true. The writer, she is crazily amazing !! :):)

I have wondered about this from the beginning.  It seems like this story could be something in the past they are looking back on.  That could be why everything is shown on a canvas like a painting.

96cf834fce2ea29ecaa22e7764b2062496edae7c

Spoiler

On 12/23/2019 at 9:35 AM, 1ouise said:

what most interests me is why the endings always appear on a canvas like a painting.  <_<

8120beb58132ff581395c402b5909df3780ec70b

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

I’m so emotionally drained after Ep 15. I really hope for a happy ending for SR and JH. After all that they have been through! :bawling:

I’m a little puzzled by what CCK said to JH about his dad when he was dying from the gunshot wounds. Does he mean that JH’s father is also involved in all the corruption and illegal stuff? Maybe that was the thing the CCK said that JH overlooked when JH was investigating him. He failed to see that his father was bad. Maybe that’s why JH’s father worked so quickly to get CCK to trial. And maybe that’s why SD’s uncle went to the trial and acted so suspiciously towards the judge. Maybe he was trying to end the trial quickly not because for himself, but because he knew about JH’s father and wanted to keep it a secret from JH? And from everyone? 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

I’m so emotionally drained after Ep 15. I really hope for a happy ending for SR and JH. After all that they have been through! :bawling:

I’m a little puzzled by what CCK said to JH about his dad when he was dying from the gunshot wounds. Does he mean that JH’s father is also involved in all the corruption and illegal stuff? Maybe that was the thing the CCK said that JH overlooked when JH was investigating him. He failed to see that his father was bad. Maybe that’s why JH’s father worked so quickly to get CCK to trial. And maybe that’s why SD’s uncle went to the trial and acted so suspiciously towards the judge. Maybe he was trying to end the trial quickly not because for himself, but because he knew about JH’s father and wanted to keep it a secret from JH? And from everyone? 

I doubt that is the case because if he knew then he somehow get to know that his son is trying to find out about this whole thing. Also the leader would try to harm his son.

• Like 2

Episode 15 discussion ahead.

I need to ask this first and foremost because I think it has been overlooked: can someone analyze with me why RJH for a brief moment decided to commit suicide after CG dies?  We know how much he values cherishing one's life, and how he tells SR all the time to never, ever think about disappearing from this world again.  What thoughts could have been going through his mind in THAT moment for him to want to end his life?  I thought maybe it is what CG said to him about how his parents would die upon his return - but is that enough to trigger him like that?  He's clever and would resort to finding a solution, no?  I'm really bothered that this was written into the script because it does not seem to be in RJH's character.

**** OK now onto my scattering thoughts...

Regrettably this episode did not have as much screen time for RJH and SR as I hoped, but that aside...

By the end, I really thought the writer was going to play it this way: SR would die.  It's not too out of the ordinary that the one of the leads die.  In all honesty the impact would be huge, but the pain would be too much for us of course.

Having seen the preview for episode 16 and recalling the handcuff spoiler scene, I'm convinced SR didn't die.  The preview gave away too much I think.  So there will be a mutual agreement on both sides to safely return RJH + F5, and he will run towards SR for a heartbreaking separation yet again, and then there will be a bloodbath upon their return to the village/military zone.

If I had to vote now, I would vote the ending will be a time jump and a meeting in Switzerland without any explanation of the future together whatsoever.  It'll just be RJH and SR seeing each other safe and sound, on a vacation, eyes locked, but they will not get to "live" together forever and grow old together.  Sucks, and I would hate this ending a lot.  

I agree with @Mattie2020 the juxtaposition of the two scenes at the end was well done.  But what I loved even more was SR's monologue and her premonition at her desk the day before paragliding.  It almost felt like a fantasy/supernatural drama in that moment if that was actually what happened.  It was so real and touching and emotionally told... especially if you add in RJH's own response to her monologue...everything was opposite of what she said... I loved it so much.

• Like 12
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Favnia said:

Also, I don't need this many flashbacks - do creators not realize that with the two breaks we had I memorized all the episodes by this point?

My exact sentiment. That’s why I was asking what the writers want to tell us in the upcoming episode since it has 1.51 hrs.

3 minutes ago, blue_fleurs said:

can someone analyze with me why RJH for a brief moment decided to commit suicide after CG dies?

While I was watching it, I did not get the vibe that he wanted to commit suicide. Or maybe I didn’t pay enough attention.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Favnia said:

I just want to say, that hands down  - face to face interview with Se Ri showed the power of A class actors. It was incredibly emotional, my favourite part was when Se Ri was leaving and said "it's tough  for me too", and there was so much emotion in her voice, and you could see she was already fading, that every move hurt, emotionally and physically. Kudos to Son Ye Jin - a brilliant actress, who really showed the struggle of her character.

I do agree with you about their acting.  Only seasoned actors like SYJ and HB could bring out the best of this scene.  It was a very simple scene but their facial expressions  and their simple body movements made it a standout.  And kudos to the director for the execution part.  I can only imagine how emotionally draining this scene could be as it looks like they have to get deeply into character to portray this realistically. 

• Like 11
  • Love 6