[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

19 minutes ago, dulcinea1 said:

Ratings episode 15 (Nielsen Korea)

Nationwide: 17.066%

Seoul: 17.406%

They decreased slightly but It were on Saturday and they're super good.

I hope that episode 16 will become the highest rated TvN drama ^_^!

Ratings

In this table, the blue numbers represent the lowest ratings and the red numbers represent the highest ratings.

Ep. Original broadcast date Average audience share
AGB Nielsen[28]
Nationwide Seoul
1 December 14, 2019 6.074% 6.558%
2 December 15, 2019 6.845% 7.841%
3 December 21, 2019 7.414% 7.689%
4 December 22, 2019 8.499% 9.409%
5 December 28, 2019 8.730% 9.794%
6 December 29, 2019 9.223% 9.535%
7 January 11, 2020 9.394% 9.738%
8 January 12, 2020 11.349% 12.031%
9 January 18, 2020 11.516% 12.355%
10 January 19, 2020 14.633% 15.903%
11 February 1, 2020[a] 14.238% 14.648%
12 February 2, 2020[a] 15.933% 16.413%
13 February 8, 2020 14.097% 14.620%
14 February 9, 2020 17.705% 18.612%
15 February 15, 2020 17.066% 17.406%
16 February 16, 2020    
Average % %

—————-

Credits: view_gif_

E8626CED-3384-4670-A8C1-CCEB659F56E3.gif

2CEDF7C9-63B5-419E-9715-CA61F7C7EEDF.gif

069E183F-92FB-4E03-BF42-0894EA35E660.gif

Credits: jiamong 

EA8658BD-23A0-4FF0-8792-48E3C6DA8B7C.gif

Credits: leaf_the_moon
https://leaf-the-moon.tistory.com/515

80AEE239-E511-43E0-A936-4D01A2C1DDD3.gif

3B04CDF0-B78D-4BC7-B31A-8361983C4A15.gif

11776D75-DDD4-4427-B471-6838583D78CC.gif

FCFCD68C-8749-4BF9-9D8D-9B1AD8A7297E.gif

AB93127E-7134-425F-9930-F1CE0A0F2E85.gif

7AD389CE-7A8C-40DE-9522-229B8456E814.gif

4B8AD118-BE2B-40E9-B5CC-5914700E6420.gif

https://gifyu.com/image/7lwi

these gif won’t show up, click to see (credits: on gif)
https://gifyu.com/image/7lTp
https://gifyu.com/image/7lTH
https://gifyu.com/image/7lT0

Credits: shoong
25AF6D58-8B3E-4CDE-ACCB-DAE149C6E129.jpg

credits: 2leefan
15986E43-C9A2-4044-B25C-783E995B88AE.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, Helena said:

Ratings

In this table, the blue numbers represent the lowest ratings and the red numbers represent the highest ratings.

Ep. Original broadcast date Average audience share
AGB Nielsen[28]
Nationwide  

Average % %

Good to know about this. Congrats CLoY team!! We always know that Saturday's ep's ratings are always rocky right. Fret not, tonight's episode will show the increase as its finale ep. :heart:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 3

As mush as i hate the ending of Ep 15, and after i managed to calm down, i finally can see a positive thing from last nigh episode: EPILOG!

Spoiler

The epilog: How psychologist analyze Captain Ri’s behavior towards Seri. 

Why do i feel the writer got inspired by THE REAL BEHAVIOR OF THIS TWO ACTORS?! I mean, i watched many of their interviews (Negotiations promo events or CLOY) and you know how often, sweet & intense of the way HB looks into SYJ. Many fancam also shows HB acts quite protective to SYJ. :heart:

I am sorry if this is out of the topic. But It is my coping stress due to the heartache episode last night!

Hope all the pain from last night can be cured with tonight episode. Please writer-nim!!

• Like 5
  • Love 4

I will never understand why odd episode ratings take a blow --__--. It has ruined momentum for many weeks. Anyways still a massive success and i hope 20% in cards, so it becomes only second cable drama to do so.

It is massive  success for both leads considering previous drama  projects. The drama's average will be 12% if it ends up with 19 to 20% in finale.it will make it only fifth cable drama to do so, if it crosses average of 12% for 16 episodes. Three of previous four  dramas had 20 episodes. So that is how this drama has been a massive success and biggest hallyu hit in 3 years.

12% on paid cable channel like tvn or jtbc is like 24% of free public channels like sbs, mbc and kbs!  So 17% rating is  like 34% from tvn's point of view. What a success!

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3

Ratings will hit 20% tonight I reckon. Episode 15 was the highest first episode of the week since the drama aired and last week the ratings jumped like 3-4% from the first to the second episode of the week. If we’re already on 17% for episode 15 then I’m fairly confident we will hit 20% (if not go slightly over). There will be heightened interest too after the epic cliffhanger from episode 15 and pretty sure lots of people are keen to know if JH and SR are going to get their happily every after and if so, how it’s all going to unfold.

I think it was a good idea giving us that epic ending with SJ too cos people will also be interested to see if SJ and SD get their happily ever after. I for one have not been paying much attention to their relationship but am now interested to know how their story plays out and if SJ will survive.

• Like 8
  • Love 4

Another day another record broken easily by CLOY team!!!!

The highest ever rating for episode 15 kdrama.by cable tv Surpassing goblin with 17% compare to goblin 16.9% 

Now to hold the record for ep 16 they need to beat goblin again which had 18.68% rating. So Todays episode must be higher than that to officialy be the highest TvN Drama rating ever and hold the highest ever ep 16 rating ever.

CMON GUYS IT IS POSSIBLE NOW. If we got to keep the steady 3% growth, 20% is absolutely possible!!

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 7

2 hours ago, Chowchow said:

I felt like this episode was necessary because the stakes were going to be high. It wouldn’t have been realistic if there was no involvement with the NIS. They surprisingly did add refreshingly comedic elements in a serious situation such as through the NIS agents, the CCTV cams and the F4 interrogations.

Yay my prediction that CCG would die was correct! I guess now it’s to defeat the bigger enemy - the 2nd brother and the wife, and...the couple’s emotional border between each other, and that physical border between SK and NK too.

what I was impressed by was how they fast tracked SJ and Dan’s relationship and also I love Dan’s mother and uncle supporting the relationship too. It may have been rushed but to me it was a good amount of screen time that was necessary to catch up with the OTP. Their acting and dialogue also sold me as well. They shined in this episode. I loved how SJ made the choice to stay and ripped off the plane ticket with his mouth haha! If SJ and Dan wasn’t on as much this episode, then they would have been dragged into ep 16 which means a truly rushed and a meaningless storyline for them. I also like how they give out a different flavour of love as well.

I felt like the lies JH told in the interrogation scene was frustrating though. It’s not like he could get away with lies by a government agency. I kind of knew it was coming because how this is paralleling what Seri did to him back in NK. It was predictable. 

But I’m glad there is still the glimpse of hope where Seri made the choice to still fall in love even if she knew their fate. And the epilogue! I loved what they wore, how they looked at each other in love, the slow mo and the colours of the scene.

The last scene was important because throughout this drama, they made their decisions to love based on not really making the decision. “having no choice but to love”. Here, the writer finally shares their thoughts of their choices they want to make, to love. Sure, they are choosing opposite things (i.e. JH wishes to have not have met her, Seri wishes to go through it all again) but I’m glad they are now making the decision for themselves that’s not based on the circumstance.

A silent lurlker here and rarely posts here. last one was during DOTS

My take regarding the last two episodes are the following:

PARALLELISM

Remember EP7 where RJH was shot and when he woke up he was harsh to Seri? RJH was supposed to be arrested but his father saved the day. Seri left and RJH was worried looking for her. She was mean to him but became repentant afterwards especially when he got relapse.

I think its similar to this episode. RJH was mean but was repentant when Seri's condition became worse. This time will it be her father or her mom who will save them?

MIRROR EFFECT 

The added scene at the end of EP15 shows the psychologist analysis which is very obvious. The mirroring effect in a relationship.  It's not just about gestures and mannerisms but also emotions.

He hide her and protect her whilst she was in NK and she reciprocated when he was in SK. He got shot while protecting her in EP7 and she did the same in EP13/14. Their lives are in parallel and they are really truly meant to be and destined to each other without knowing. 

During the fhat intense scene in EP15 bet RJH and Seri, the guilt and feeling hopeless of RJH is obvious and he wats to distance himself to Seri to spare her further trouble.

However, i'm also baffled with the near suicide of RJH which is so unlike him. He's always been strong and positive. 

But the scene where the NIS show the laptop was the eureka moment for him. So he felt more guilty towards Seri. It's like the doctor in EP8 all over again saying how Seri saved him.  But this time its CCG who messed up with his head with false information to make sure that RJH won't go back to NK which will make his mission complete and will be his sweet revenge.

Regarding the other couple, SD and GSJ. Just like the mirroring effect, they are on the same boat as the RiRi couple. the new OST is very muvch applicable to them as well.  For GSJ who redeem himself by helping the RiRi couple and also the poor beggar who reminds him of himself., he can only offer his heart to the girl who will cry for him when/if he died. If he survive, there's a lot of redemption he needs to do to clear his misdeeds in the past as a conman and as a s fugitive. 

IMHO, EP15 is about SD and GSJ, although i love more RiRi moments, they deserve to have their moments and let us know their own story.  The heroic act and bravery shown by GSJ is amazing. The actor  who play this role really prove his worth since i recently learned that he left his previous show due to health problem. He made a huge impact in this show.

THE UMBRELLA SCENE

Though many memes shows the similarity about the Something in the Rain.  There is really something about the rain that makes the scene very memorable. The rain that drops over their head and RJH' shoulder for me means, that despite all the problesm and trouble happening to them, he will always protect and shelter her from everything as long he got his sunshine/moonlight (colour of Seri's clothes) in his arms.

Hyun bin has always been emphatic about the meaning of his wide shoulders.  Its not just to make him swooning good but also shows dependency and reliability not just to his comrades and family but more importantly to Seri.

ENDING?

Choosing Switzerland is a brilliant choice of the writer since it's known for its neutral stand againts politics (NK vs SK) and also a place for people who wanted to get euthanasia. For someone who is like Seri, she wanted to end her life but instead found someone by fate who will make her want to live and make her life more meaningful. I would love for them to runaway there and start a new life in Switzerland.

RJH has fulfilled and indulged all Seri's wishes whilst in NK. But since they moved to SK, Seri has fulfilled everyone's wishes (almost)  except RJH.  His wish to get married, twins, see her get old and plays the piano.

To resolve the conflict and other issues, I'm hoping that RJH's father disguise strategy could happen. Get Seri (or his father) to invest in NK and will get a special trading relationship bet SK and NK. She wlll get favours from NK and RJH will get heroe's welcome and SK will fall in love wit their story. Get the people in the village to be part of the business and the ducklings to have a role with this. In this manner, both RJH and Seri can get special privileges for both countries so they can finally get married.

I will be devastated if the show is only a dream and not a real one. 

I'm hoping that Seri's mom will play important role in this episode, remember the business card she gave to RJH? I hope it can be useful.

Perhaps in reality world its more complicated but this is show so we can make up something to make this happening in an acceptable way. 

Edited by itsmeehLala .
  • Like 6
  • Love 10
  • Insightful 2

3 hours ago, Chewy Hoe said:

Isn’t this already well known in the circle for dramas that’s highly hyped coupled with high ratings(in this case CLOY) that are filmed on set as they air and not pre-produced.....that’s why they only wrapped things up on 13feb....

the writers original script is one thing(which has definitely been fine tuned over and over again) the investors, the broadcasters, the advertisers are another so for anything to go on air, they need everyone to engage and the ultimate aim is to sell having paid such good money for these 2 leads 
such is the reality of drama making....

@Chewy Hoe

I know that the production team and writer keep track of ratings and reactions of fans because they do live shootings throughout the 2nd half of the drama. but I totally missed this info. Thanks so much for giving a lot of us hope for tomorrow! 

I do believe we have fresh Korean drama watchers within our midst that’s why this information has been lost throughout the years. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Meli said:

There is still a possibility that RHJ can stay in SK undercover like that funny Dong Gu dude:lol: Where there is will there is a way, even NIS is on their side

If he's like Donggu, he'd be shot to death by NIS once they find out he's an undercover spy... 

NIS only seems to be lenient to him (permitted him to see Seri at the end) because it's proven that he is just a man in love and the reason why he infiltrated SK was to protect his woman... But if RJH decides to stay undercover as someone from Division 11, he'd be shot to death...

4 hours ago, blue_fleurs said:

He did?!  OK time to go re-watch both scenes and look for it.  But I'm certain it was his left hand they zoomed in on at the window scene.  Hopefully he had an opportunity to put it back on, or else it would be a prop flaw.  It can't be, it's such an important prop.

He wore the ring on his left hand.. That hand on the last scene was the right hand... 

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

I will never understand why odd episode ratings take a blow --__--. It has ruined momentum for many weeks. Anyways still a massive success and i hope 20% in cards, so it becomes only second cable drama to do so.

It is massive  success for both leads considering previous drama  projects. The drama's average will be 12% if it ends up with 19 to 20% in finale.it will make it only fifth cable drama to do so, if it crosses average of 12% for 16 episodes. Three of previous four  dramas had 20 episodes. So that is how this drama has been a massive success and biggest hallyu hit in 3 years.

12% on paid cable channel like tvn or jtbc is like 24% of free public channels like sbs, mbc and kbs!  So 17% rating is  like 34% from tvn's point of view. What a success!

Nope it always been like that.

Odd episode usually had lower rating than even one because lots of viewers watch on sunday rather than saturday and usually the cliffhanger the best is on sunday. This time this is the ending i see at least 19% for today episode with 20% in reach. People really crazy to want to watch the ending and i bet lots of people will tune up for the ending which will increase the rating.

You couldnt directly compare the saturday and sunday because the direct competition is different ( for example for this week they got lots of drama.happening at the same time minus stove league which had finished. 17% is so high and thats easily the highest ep 15 ever ) last week the full lineup with stove league and we got only 14% on saturday but with stove league done it increase by 3% which is massive

Meanwhile on sunday there are no direct competition at all. With queen love and war done. So todays episode will be a feast of rating for CLOY thats why sunday had a lot higher rating than saturday ( the growth is so clear if u look at the rating table )

• Like 7
  • Love 3

34 minutes ago, pnaysurfer84 said:

@Chewy Hoe

I know that the production team and writer keep track of ratings and reactions of fans because they do live shootings throughout the 2nd half of the drama. but I totally missed this info. Thanks so much for giving a lot of us hope for tomorrow! 

I do believe we have fresh Korean drama watchers within our midst that’s why this information has been lost throughout the years. 

Hence the sharing of this realistic bit. But then of course you would have known by now most don’t want to relate to reality and just want the fantasy of it all. Haha I am not sure if it’s any hope for anyone but we shall all find out in half a day 

And back to this topic of CLOY being a romcom, the only thing I found romantic for me in ep 15 would be his come-hither look on her all while carrying an umbrella in the rain no less...where is the baby now?  

That analogy about introverts(he confessed to being one) playing out emotional scenes so much better holds so much truth because this man hits all the right spots thus far. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2