[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

23 minutes ago, Velocity said:

WHAT???? Omg 

How do you know?

Isn’t this already well known in the circle for dramas that’s highly hyped coupled with high ratings(in this case CLOY) that are filmed on set as they air and not pre-produced.....that’s why they only wrapped things up on 13feb....

the writers original script is one thing(which has definitely been fine tuned over and over again) the investors, the broadcasters, the advertisers are another so for anything to go on air, they need everyone to engage and the ultimate aim is to sell having paid such good money for these 2 leads 
such is the reality of drama making....

• Like 5
  • Insightful 4

3 hours ago, peggygordon said:

Romantic dramas usually revolve around an obstacle which prevents deep and true romantic love between two people. Music is often employed to indicate the emotional mood, creating an atmosphere of greater insulation for the couple. The conclusion of a romantic drama typically does not indicate whether a final romantic union between the two main characters will occur. Some examples of romantic drama films are Titanic, The Bridges of Madison County, The English Patient, Sommersby, Casablanca, Coming Home, Jungle Fever, Memoirs of a Geisha, Last Tango in Paris, Water for Elephants, 5 Centimeters per Second, Love Story.[2]

Base on this Drama title "Crash Landing" word (On above interview start 0:40) HB said that this drama has unpredictable stories.

But still I really hope It would be happy ending for all character.

Son Ye-jin said “First of all, it is a rom-com, but it’s a story of two people getting to know each other and falling in love despite very difficult circumstances. So we could say that it’s almost a rom-com melodrama fantasy and all of these areas have to be shown through our acting, meaning it requires a lot of depth in our acting skills as well. In that sense, I think we both really worked hard on it and it was a great opportunity to do so.”

Son Ye-Jin and Hyun Bin Talk About Their Characters in "Crash Landing on You"

By Marj Ramos Clemente - Dec 19, 2019

Have you watched Netflix's newest K-drama yet?

Son Ye-Jin and Hyun Bin Talk About Their Characters in "Crash Landing on You"
IMAGE: NETFLIX

We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: Crash Landing on You is officially our new K-drama addiction. Written by Park Ji-eun (My Love from the Star and Legend of the Blue Sea), a romantic comedy about a North Korean soldier and a South Korean heiress falling in love and going against all odds is more than enough to tug at our heartstrings. It has that tried-and-tested, classic Romeo-and-Juliet plot that we all love, but with a modern fantasy twist that keeps us guessing what’s going to happen next. And as if that isn’t enough, the drama also brings together two of the most sought-after stars in South Korea—Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin—giving us all the more reason to stay glued to our Netflix-streaming screens.

Preview had the chance to fly to Seoul earlier this month for the press conference of Crash Landing on You and for a roundtable interview with the cast. Below, we catch up with Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin about their newest drama, its most fashionable moments, and their similarities to the characters they portray.

cloy-2.jpg

PHOTO BY NETFLIX

Please tell us about your characters in Crash Landing on You. 

Hyun Bin: In the series, I play the character Ri Jeong-hyeok, who is an elite North Korean military captain. He is a man of principle and never makes compromises in support of injustice, but he can be quite sweet and considerate toward people he truly cares about and sometimes can even be a little clumsy. I hope many of you enjoy the series.

Son Ye-jin: I play the character Yoon Se-ri, who is the heiress of a conglomerate and part of the 0.001% of the high-class society of South Korea.

cloy-4.jpg
 PHOTO by  NETFLIX

What made you decide to join the cast?

Son Ye-jin: When I first was told about the synopsis, I thought, ‘Wow, it’s such an original idea.’ I found it very interesting—and I always stay very objective when I read a script, and the script was so fun to read. It wasn’t just Yoon Se-ri that was interesting to me, but I felt that the situations that all of the characters were in and their lines were very interesting. That’s why I decided that I had to do this project. My character, Yoon Se-ri, has very diverse aspects. She’s only known successes in her entire life, but then, she faces the biggest crisis of her life as she crash-lands in North Korea in an accident, and the various aspects of Se-ri that we see as she interacts with the people in North Korea can be sometimes a bit goofy and quite fun to watch.

Hyun Bin: I think all the members of the cast probably feel the same way. The script by writer Park Ji-eun was fun to read. I was especially intrigued by the unexpected turns of events in the story. It was very captivating to see how a lot of the scenes didn’t quite meet our expectations and evolved into interesting directions that we didn’t foresee. And of course, my character Jung-hyeok himself was also interesting to me. I’d played a lot of characters who are fiercely dedicated to achieving a single goal, but I thought I wanted to do something more lighthearted, positive, and fun. Luckily for me, it was then that I came across Crash Landing on You, and I’m having a lot of fun filming the series. Hopefully, it’ll be an entertaining series for the audience to watch, too.

cloy-6.jpg
PHOTO BY NETFLIX

How similar are you to the characters that you portray in the series? 

Son Ye-jin: I consider myself as quite goofy and lively in real life, but because I’ve played a lot of serious characters or characters in a romance, a lot of people seem to associate me with that image. Playing Yoon Se-ri is fun and entertaining. She speaks her mind freely, but she’s so positive and lively that you can’t dislike her. And we’ve been filming for a few months now, so I feel like I’m about 70 to 80 percent similar to Yoon Se-ri these days. 

Hyun Bin: I think I’m about 60% similar to my character. I think I’m quite similar to him in that I also don’t express myself very much and I’m not very talkative.

cloy-7.jpg

PHOTO BY NETFLIX

For Son Ye-jin… We last saw you in Something in the Rain. How different is Yoon Jin-a compared to Crash Landing on You’s Yoon Se-ri? 

Son Ye-jin: My character in Something in the Rain was realistic. She was just a regular working woman around my age. It was a very grounded character and I could portray her in a very natural and realistic manner as if I was living an everyday life; whereas Se-ri in Crash Landing on You is truly a character of a fantastical world. She has a lot of lines, and writer Park has a way of delivering the essence of the lines in a very fun way.

cloy-3.jpg

PHOTO BY NETFLIX

You play the role of a fashionable heiress who is likened to Paris Hilton of Hollywood. Does this mean we can expect a lot of fashionable moments from you in the drama? 

Son Ye-jin: Yes, definitely. And fortunately, during the first episodes I get to show you the fancy and very beautiful wardrobe of Se-ri, the CEO; but unfortunately, mid-first-episode I crash-land in North Korea, meaning I’m gonna have to be surviving in a single outfit. So you should be able to see the difference between the very fancy outfits [of my character] as a CEO and of course the North Korean style wardrobe.

Is your personal taste in style and clothing similar to your character?

Son Ye-jin: Yoon Se-ri’s outfits tend to be a little bit exaggerated because she’s the CEO of a fashion brand and there’s a lot of bling in her outfits. I don’t really think that reflects my personal style because I don’t think that it’s a style that really befits me. I feel like I’m more geared toward the natural style, but shooting scenes with such elaborate and fancy outfits, I think it made me feel a little bit more confident and powerful. Also that was a role that I wasn’t able to play during my previous projects so that was interesting. But to answer your question straightforwardly, I don’t think that reflects my personal taste.

cloy-5.jpg

PHOTO BY NETFLIX

As for Hyun Bin, we last saw you in Memories of the Alhambra as Yoo Jin-woo. How different is the Hyun Bin we’re going to see in Crash Landing on You this time around?

Hyun Bin: I think both characters share the characteristic that they’re both very responsible for the role that’s given to them, but I would say the biggest difference between the characters Yoo Jin-woo and Ri Jeong-hyeok is the sense of purity and innocence that would be a lot more conveyed through this new character.

If you were to crash-land anywhere in the world, where would you crash-land and what would you bring with you?

Hyun Bin: Hopefully it’s somewhere completely new, somewhere I haven’t traveled before either for a trip or to shoot anything, and hopefully there’s nature around me—I would love that. As for the objects…my cellphone, passport, and cash? (Laughs.)

Son Ye-jin: I would love to crash-land in Africa. It’s actually one of the agendas on my bucket list, and also I really love animals. I’d love to visit Africa and hopefully I could take with me a notebook so that I could write a diary. 

cloy-1.jpg
PHOTO BY NETFLIX

You both previously starred in The Negotiation back in 2018, so it’s not your first time working together. How is it like working on a romantic comedy for a change?

Hyun Bin: When we were shooting The Negotiation, we were in a conflict situation. We were opposing against each other, and also we were in separate areas in terms of actual shooting so it was quite different for this one because this show was a lot more bubbly. It was a lot more fun… And also because it’s our second time working on something, it was better for us to share different ideas and how to make each scene better, so I think I’m having a lot more fun this time. 

Son Ye-jin: I think it’s a little bit more complex than just to say it’s better just because it’s the second time working together. I think there’s a lot of positivity that we’re able to create these characters and these very unique roles together. First of all, it is a rom-com, but it’s a story of two people getting to know each other and falling in love despite very difficult circumstances. So we could say that it’s almost a rom-com melodrama fantasy and all of these areas have to be shown through our acting, meaning it requires a lot of depth in our acting skills as well. In that sense, I think we both really worked hard on it and it was a great opportunity to do so.

cloy-8.jpg
PHOTO BY NETFLIX

How did you build or strengthen the chemistry between your characters while filming the show?

Son Ye-jin: It would be really great if actors could create a certain type of chemistry if they could force it or make it, however that’s always not the case. I think it’s something that has to come naturally. Particularly when we do melodramas, the most important thing there is the interaction between the leads where you just have to 'get' the other actor. By that, I mean you have to understand the other person’s acting patterns and what they’re aiming for; you have to be really quick to catch what they’re trying to do and you have to build on that rapport, so I would say that only by doing so would create a win-win situation for both actors.

Hyun Bin: Just to add to that, I agree with what she said. But also in rehearsals it depends on what kind of acting skills the other person has prepared, and also according to what direction the director wants us to act. Sometimes we will tweak what we have prepared for a particular scene according to that, and also depending on the acting of the other person as well as their reaction to my acting. I think we’re able to check each other’s acting during the rehearsal and share some ideas as to how we can make the scene better. So ultimately when we’re actually shooting, we will bring the best out of each other. 

Is there anything you'd like to add before we wrap up?

Son Ye-jin: We’re doing our best for every single scene and working very passionately despite the cold weather. I’m sure this will be a very fun series for you to enjoy. Please keep an eye out for the release of the series. Thank you! 

Hyun Bin: Our series tells both heart-fluttering and heart-warming story set in the most unexpected background, and I hope that it will bring unexpected joy to the audience this winter. I hope you enjoy the series. Thank you.

Crash Landing on You is now streaming exclusively on Netflix.

source: https://www.preview.ph/culture/crash-landing-on-you-interview-with-son-ye-jin-and-hyun-bin-a1964-20191219-lfrm

• Like 9

WTF? The writers have gone totally melodrama on us, isnt this a romantic comedy? did that change when it became too popular? I guess i thought they were going a more lighter route in the end. I'm worried they asked the writers to stall some things in hope of a second season because right now i just dont see where they can have a real happy ending without rushing things too much.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Eliza Marlowe said:

I'm sure both Seri and GSJ will not die!! Writer-nim is just trying to play our hearts. There are only few scenes of RJH and seri in ep 15, it made me sad. But, I would say that SD and GSJ saved this episode. The actor Kim Jung Hyun is a good actor, someone please acknowledge his talent.

He surely is, and he's still trending on Naver at Number 4 after last night's episode.

Just as Kim Soo Hyun's cameo oveshadowed the cast in ep10, Kim Jung Hyun was the star of tonight with his heroic acting (and mad rifle skills!). Although my gripe is the late twist of redemption to his con-man character whereby his love for SD is so great and so deep he is willing to brave all dangers and sacrifice his life. (I guess he did just propose to her and promise to come back for her should she still be single after he is resettled...)

It has also occured to me that despite what the very end of ep 15 (sound of a flatline) and the preview for ep 16 have tried to allude to (one of SR or SJ has died), that really SJ does not die. In fact, when SD proclaims to want to take revenge, its simply because she was used as a bait to heavily wound the man she loves. And as he is recovering from his gunshot wounds, she swears to get revenge. Because think about it, unless our writer is truly narcissistic, what purpose would SJ's death serve? He was never a true villain, removed SD from the love triangle and her infatuation with JH, and he even played a part to help SR escape!

PLUS I'm hoping that he would somehow play a role in finally convicting YSR's 2nd bro and his wife since wifey thinks they have nothing against them now that CCK is dead. Ha!

Did anyone else LOL big time at the scene when SJ tore off the air ticket with his mouth? That was definitely not necessary but brilliant swoon worthy ad-lib :lol:

Omo, after that parody on HB's previous drama Alhambra, I was wondering if there was going to one for SYJ and SITR. Failed to pick up the umbrella scene was it because I was too emotionally drained and consumed in my feelings of dread for SR-JH. But loving the parody nonetheless!

Why why why is this ending already :tears:

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

I take back what I said earlier about IU ost love it but think Crush still favorite or One Day or heck they're all great! Ok so let's just hope they both live but obviously if one died would be SJ. Hopefully she will recover early in the episode and we will have some happy moments...in particular the dinner scene where they are both looking stunning and happy. Hope we get a little time to enjoy them loving each other freely and honestly. Admiring each other with no fear. I still also want to see her go home to see the things he left for her. I'm just sad either way that whatever the ending it's the end! I've been watching MLKSS over and over to get my HB fix and it's crazy because I could hardly stand it before when watched it. It's really a good drama the lead actress is just annoying (her voice and mannerisms) but  I forgot how sexy he was even then. I think that was one of his first dramas. 

• Like 2

I rewatched some parts of episode 15 and random question but can anyone translate what CK wrote on his laptop before he got shot? Is it safe to assume that he didn’t email the State Security Department in NK or did he actually do it? I’m just trying to work out if he was only trying to fool JH in the hopes JH would commit suicide with him. Also, based off JH’s reaction when the NIS agent showed him the message on the laptop, it seemed like maybe CK was just trying to trick JH?

If CK didn’t actually get a chance to send everything to the State Security Department then there would be less mess for JH’s dad/JH to fix in NK right? JH will still have to return to NK with the ducklings though so as not to raise further suspicion cos he’s been gone for a while but I do wonder if there will be any major implications if him being in SK hasn’t reached all the higher ups yet.

As for SR, I feel like she might get off with a warning cos looks like the NIS aren’t keen to convict anyone, especially seeing as this would cause a huge political uproar and they know JH isn’t a bad guy. I’m not familiar with all the processes involved in real life but this is a drama so I imagine there will be some work arounds. I hope there is at least cos we only have one episode left so I’m pretty happy for them to give us whatever type of closure on this issue so we can just focus on SR and JH.

Also, I haven’t paid much attention to SJ/SD but that last scene was really sad. SJ looked so awesome taking down all the baddies. I hope everyone gets a happy ending!

• Like 5

I finished episode 15. * waves hankies*

That was some good drama writing. Too wrung out to write except to say I was in stitches over the NIS scenes.

Two. The team was good at keeping secrets from leaking out onto Never. 

Three. If episode 15 is that good bring on episode 16. Although at this point am so emotionally exhausted can't even contemplate the probable scenarios in it. Since episode 15 had been full of surprises. Total surprises.

In the midst of all that will ignore the cliffhangers x2 ( you evilly maschosist sadistic drama writer you ) and just absolutely say that were some pretty interesting NIS briefings. Hahaha.

• Like 7

How does everyone keep up with this thread!?  It moves so fast I can’t even remember which page I wrote on 

just saying  but glad to see the love of CLOY...now gonna try to catch a few pages back to read

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

JH pointing the gun to his head made sense. It's the NK conditioning. As a soldier he thought of death first because he is in enemy territory and he doesnt want to go through torture, also thoughts of protecting Seri from bigger problems and i guess a little depression because the man who took his brother from him just mocked him  before he died. He just wanted the pain to end in that moment i guess. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 5

37 minutes ago, jamy47 said:

WTF? The writers have gone totally melodrama on us, isnt this a romantic comedy? did that change when it became too popular? I guess i thought they were going a more lighter route in the end. I'm worried they asked the writers to stall some things in hope of a second season because right now i just dont see where they can have a real happy ending without rushing things too much.

That's not melo. That's the standard " break up " and Noble Idiocy. Plus a whiff of danger.

And there was plenty of humour. I would say that is rom com. And it is episode 15. Er, surely you don't expect smooth sailing with a NK Special Forces soldier and SK chaebol heiress etc etc?

I didn't need to swear. Just seatbelt on. Tissues ready. Go for the ride. This is pure Korean drama ending weekend fare. Done really well in fact. And 90 minutes is plenty of minutes to wrap things up. The pace has been consistent for 15 episodes. Unless something suddenly goes wrong with the writing flow- the cast and crew seems to have the directing and acting under control on their end- it's going to END. 

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, jamy47 said:

This was also my concern after finishing episode 15. 

How can the writer wrap up the following issues:

1) Safety of Papa Ri and Mama Ri because the ambitious military officer really want to take Papa Ri and his family down as seen in the trailer. 

2) SJ’s unlikely death or survival.

3) Se Hyung and evil wife’s plan. It looks like they are still scheming till the very end. I’m also sure they will get their comeuppance in the end. 

4) JH and ducklings’ return to the north. 

5) Final decision of who will be the CEO of Queen’s group. 

6) MB’s reunion with his family. 

That’s all I can think of for now and that does not even include issues involving our OTP. 

I hope writer-nim can wrap it all up without rushing everything and leaving us with just a minute of happy scenes between our OTP.

• Like 4

@stroppyse thanks for translating the preview!!

I think JH sees SR in the end and runs to her based off his eyes/facial expression.

The part where SD takes off her sunglasses reminds me of when SR took off her sunglasses when she went to speak to the Chinese gangsters. I wonder if SD is trying to seek out more info on the people who hurt SJ. 

So I’m thinking JH goes back to NK to help get the ducklings back safely and to make sure his family is ok then maybe he does end up living in SK after all. 

@INeedAFan I agree! The more I think about it, I expect a wedding, twins and a compilation of sweet romantic scenes. Nothing less :D

• Like 5

I just finished watching with subs. OMG i went through so many emotions - sad, happy, crying, regretful, etc

• I didn't understand why RJH put a gun to his head and contemplated suicide. At first, I thought it was because CCG told him that he put his parents in danger - that if he goes back, they will be executed. Initially, I thought he felt guilt for putting his parents in danger, for taking the blame. Later, I thought, does his dad have anything to do with his brother's death? Even if it was indirectly? But RJH doesn't seem like the type that would believe what others say without investigation himself. I'm still puzzled, but perhaps the guilt he had when he knew he put his parents in danger.
  • The NIS and ducklings are hilarious - i loved every part of it. Them trying to analyze the ducklings and RJH - LOL too funny.
  • Pyo Chi Soo - OMG. Man, he sacrificed himself for the others. I almost cried. Damn. When he went to distract the others so the other ducklings can have a chance of escaping. But it turned out to be funny when he was in a dead end.
  • RJH - ugh, I hated him being so cruel to YSR but I kind of understand it. I don't want to understand it but I can see how he wanted to take the blame on himself and protect everyone else. I just hated the words he used - they were indeed very harsh. But YSR doesn't seem to believe it; mirrors what happened when RJH went to fetch YSR and she threw harsh words at him too.
  • After seeing CCG's laptop, RJH will probably come clean. It hinted that his dad probably had some sort of plan - for RJH to return and sort things out. At the end, I felt like he would come clean and be honest - which is why in the preview, the ducklings and RJH are being returned to NK. 
  • At the border though, YSR will come and that's the famous scene we see of RJH running towards her. When YSR crossed the border back to SK, we had a kiss. I wonder if we will get another one, since this drama mirrors NK in SK.
  • GSJ and SD. OMG. I actually liked their scene. I do feel bad that they didn't get as much screen time, probably because the writer felt the duckling's popularity and gave them more. But I do like that we are kind of wrapping them up. I don't think GSJ will die - I think they will have a happy ending as well. 
  • Next ep - I can't believe it's the end. This drama has been so emotional for me. I am still confident we will have a happy ending. PLEASE WRITER NIM. All the hints you gave us - the twin pictures on IG. I know some of you said it was baby Seri when she was younger, but I don't buy it. I think RJH will get his twins. I just don't know how the two will be reunited - 
  • Maybe YSR will start business and invest money in NK but they will be back together and get their twins. 
  • Like 16