[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Hi fellow rjh ysr shippers I cant sleep because of cloy haha someone tell me you also saw the ringwill they get married in the next episodes ahhhhhhghh i wish, i hope they get married before he leavesanyways lets all rape the replay button in all of their videos Hoping for Twins#cloytwins #riritwins #seritwins #mrritwins haha daebak!!!!!!

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

It's only Tuesday...

I really loved the last weekend's episodes. Some quick thoughts following comments by some of our comrades on this thread.

Saving each other

I thought it was very beautifully paralleled and then tied together - this theme of "fate". What is meant to be, will be. From the song which JH wrote and played for his brother bringing her comfort, to Seri finding and retrieving JH's brother's watch for him - all these apparently random acts that actually come together to bring a certain hope and comfort that there is a greater plan that will bring all things to a good end. The watch was a point of healing for JH in more ways than one. It "saved" him on one level because his brother had planted evidence in there - JH actually didn't know that. I believed it was the voice recording that Man Bok gave him that pointed him to it. And then it "saved" him on the level of reuniting him with the gift that he gave his brother before he left for Switzerland, a gift which clearly his brother held dearly to as well. All this while, Seri had no idea the history of the watch or its significance, even to have lost it without any idea that it would reach the intended recipient! Just like the music that lingered in her head for so many years, her search for its title, only to actually play it to the composer himself!

Intimacy

My goodness, these two have very good self control, dontcha think?! But as many of you have pointed out, it's all very much in RJH's character to hold back. As Seri herself remarked, he's very much in control even when drunk. He's not about to make a mistake "against her". After all, he's very aware that what his heart desires is what he cannot have, and because he loves her so much, he will protect her at his own cost. It is actually more likely she will cave, given her penchant for the dramatic and wildlife alter ego. But she is also afraid to be left with painful memories. She repeatedly says she does not want to be left with memories that will serve to hurt her. "I don't like such dreams," she tells him when she first sees him in SK. Yet I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually throw caution to the wind... Who knows? But for now, the respectful distance they have for each other is very much in keeping with any relationship that has in effect not gone past a full month together, coupled with the stress of imminent danger and a very unlikely future together. They're old enough also to be aware of all these potential "costs" against them should they make a "mistake".

• Like 16
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

@haha1999 I had to google iljin and it refers to someone being a bully /troublemaker in school. 

Btw...do we think she will wonder how he knew when her birthday was? What will he come up with for answer or will he tell her he heard the recording? I'm thinking he won't because painful memory for her..any thoughts anyone?

Also does anyone know why we aren't allowed to comment on pics? If it's in separate post like this is it ok?

Edited by Dana T
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cswcraze said:

Anyong dungmu.  I have just joined this forum and information in here are overwhelming.
I wonder why Chuno (The Slave Hunter) was mentioned in CLOY.  I can see the link of bringing in Staircase to Heaven.  Then what is the connection for Chuno?  I checked PDs and Writers are different.  If anyone could throw some light, I will appreciate that, because I like Chuno too. :) 

well its because the character one of ri jeong hyeon comrades likes to watch South korean drama,he also well know For south korean culture.

I loved how the writer insert some korean drama preferences in this drama,dunno if they ask permission first or its okay to mention some other drama. And suddenly i know and remember this reference

its from autumn in my heart when won bin asked song hye kyo to hang out with him ,totally funny how they mention some big hit korean drama from the past. well autumn in my heart is one of season-themed tetralogy from KBS drama (autum in my heart,summer scent,winter sonata,spring waltz) and one of the drama the summer scent played by young son ye jin (he was 21 years old)

how her voice still same and still pretty.it was 17 years ago :D

• Like 4
  • Love 7

I must say I feel that episode 12 is so special because it was the first time I thought wow it is incredible and heartwarming to see the incredible growth of RJH and SR, as individuals and as lovers (like a few others have pointed out, the great character development).  They were young adults in Switzerland... sky's the limit for RJH before he would experience hardship (death in the family) whereas SR was already experiencing immense hardship, and then they went through so much before meeting each other again as adults, clicked so naturally developing a crush on each other and then ultimately falling in love, hoping to raise children together. Watching them in this episode makes me so happy to see how far they've come and I can't wait to be a part of the rest of their journey together (reality: 4 episodes -.-)

In the BTS clip, SYJ started crying I'm guessing before she was actually supposed to cry in that scene.  She's just like us (the audience)!  I was more impressed by her emotional portrayal in that scene than HB (love them both) but the girl looked SO sad especially the last cut of that scene.  Now I know why!

My favourite PPL which is incredibly distracting is the Swarovski jewelry worn by SR - she looks so beautiful in all of them the store ought to display pictures of SR! :wub:

12 hours ago, Dana T said:

@blue_fleursalso I wondered when or if he would let her know he heard recording and finally remembered their encounter from all those years ago. Like u said I thought he might be hesitant for fear of embarrassing her or bringing back bad memories. Do u think when they had convo about watch and he found out that's one she got that his comment "u also saved me without realizing it" was related to bridge incident?

Thanks for pointing this out!  A few others like @mouse007 already commented and so I think we have an agreeable answer on this.  Honestly though I'll have to rewatch to pick this part up again.  Can any korean speakers speak to this - the english subtitle is "save" - is that contextually what RJH is saying?  Act of saving versus helping him out?

• Like 7

@MiahTran JH said that SR saved his life because the watch was bought by SR (and then lost and picked up by Manbok’s son) and it ultimately helped to close the chapter for JH’s brother’s death

22 hours ago, MiahTran said:

Dear all, in ep12 why JH mentioned that SR saved his life even before knowing him? Or did I get it wrongly?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I already watch eps 12 four times. There are so many heartwarming, heartbreaking,  heartfluttering scenes in just one eps..  The soju scene is so sad:bawling:. Both want a future together but they know they can't. If only they are both SK,  that particular scene is probably RJH proposing SeRi.  Nearing the end of CLOY,  I really hope this drama will get an happy ending. Its not impossible right? Its fantasy kind of romcom so pls director,  let us see RiRi couple in wedding dress

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4