[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

36 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

Ikr, Netflix is trying to promote its own content :lol:.

Lol! Exactly! Must say the Swoon team is doing a good job as anything they post about CLOY gets high views so this was a smart move. During CLOY’s broadcast, they must have tracked the views and released so many videos for the drama! Wonder if they will reveal the number of views on Netflix later. Repeats will be crazy too! 

I wonder if if all these comments begging for new CLOY content will get Netflix to request for special CLOY episodes and interviews from TVN....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, blue_fleurs said:

• The part where RJH sees the photo he took The NIS head agent teaching him how to send pre-timed messages is probably the most questionable thing written lol given their emphasis on no communications across border

It's not really questionable. 

RJH wouldn't be able to set all those messages from NK, hence, he set it all while he was still detained by NIS. The phone he used was South Korean phone given by Gu Seungjun. He definitely cannot bring the phone back to NK either. 

My only question is who's keeping the phone alive for a year until RJH was back to the North, and who took care of the flower delivery from RJH to Seri... Since it was shown the NIS agent taught him about scheduled messages, I just assumed that it was NIS agent who helped him with all of those. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TotoroSY said:

Lol! I just saw this new Swoon video recommending other dramas to watch to get over CLOY. Smart move by them, but the highlights are the comments below the video - almost 99% commented they are not ready to move on and need 6 months condolence period lol! I don’t think I’ve ever seen similar response at the end of a kdrama!

Me too.It was so funny .Seems like Swoon's plan backfired:joy:. They better give us new CLOY content or a jenga video .

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

I just assumed that it was NIS agent who helped him with all of those. 

Actually i think so too...That is why when there was a picture of the twins, the NIS agent was there in the pic (to share their joy). Cos he was the bridge to our OTP. Now if only the scenes were shown to us ToT...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, blue_fleurs said:

I thought I reached the "acceptance" stage of grieving too but every time I think about how RJH couldn't talk to or hear about SR at ALL for 3 whole years I get all :tears: again - I guess I am hovering around "denial" stage haha

The Swiss meeting scene was great still - I couldn't tell it was edited with CGI scenes.  I'm glad they added the "you descended" line.  The whole thing was showcasing how RJH always listened to everything SR had to say... taking the wrong train to the right station, not falling but descending, and so forth.

To me, this is what special about Yoon Seri-Ri Jung Hyuk's relationship. Their LDR is one of a kind. Normal people who is having LDR still be able to at least to contact each other but not them. They are holding that if they are fated and really meant for each other, fate will bring them together again. Both of them has been praying day and night for them to meet again. Seri even trying her best to reach him by sponsoring students in music. I guess he got the message that is why he decided to leave the army and join the orchestra. It is just that it takes sometime for them to meet. My take is like Seri, Jung Hyuk too could be had gone to Swiss few times to find her but to no avail. And since it is not so easy for NK to travel, the frequency he came to Swiss is not as many times as Seri. Maybe. 

I am rewatching this drama all over again but slowly, 1 eps a day. I want to savour every moment of it till I can let it go. I just realized that SEri's number is No.1 on her mother's speed dial. Seems like Seri is indeed important to her since the beginning. Just that she is not good in showing how much she cares to her. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, TotoroSY said:

. IC is based on a very popular korean webtoon and the production company Showtime is a big one that used to produce movies only and it’s the first time producing a drama. So the production quality is high and ready audience from webtoon fans is there too. CLOY actually started off with negative comments and low expectation, so what it has achieved in terms of ratings and also worldwide love is really amazing! I don’t think another drama can achieve the same impact so easily

Well said @TotoroSY CLOY is an original masterpiece.Even the crew had very much difficulty in getting any reference as there were no benchmark before.No one dared  to show such dimensions to NK characters.It is one of a kind.The writer and the crew had to work from scratch based on their imagination and limited information.And it definitely deserves all the due respect.Even if IC surpasses it in ratings it won't be able to erase the longevity that CLOY left on people's hearts .I could rather say people are loving IC at the moment but would forget soon once it is over.Whereas CLOY will always remain in the memories of millions of people across the globe for many years to come.It has created a niche for itself.The latest Swoon video comments clearly shows how we are reluctant to move on.

• Like 4

OSEN | 2020. 02. 23. 1:48 AM

"Crash Landing on You" clarifies predictions about Yoon Se Ri being pregnant

01-A9311-C-9299-4999-A4-A5-3293-D3-C5038

Right now, netizens' speculation has been clarified.

While the drama "Crash Landing On You" (tvN, Scriptwriter: Park Ji Eun, directed by Lee Jung Hyo) starring Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin, officially ended with a happy ending, a part of the audience who still lingers on the drama has watched the ending and made predictions about the next story that will take place after the drama ends.

On February 17, the homepage of tvN uploaded behind-the-scenes photos of "Crash Landing on You" titled "This year or next years will still be great. Because 'Crash Landing on You' always thinks about you."

After viewing the photos, the audience speculated that after Ri Jeong Hyeok (played by Hyun Bin) and Yoon Se Ri (played by Son Ye Jin) reunited, the two were married and had children. Even after the drama ended, the audience still showed a strong interest when leaving comments on online communities and SNS.

On the afternoon of February 23, the production crew of "Crash Landing on You" told OSEN, "That Yoon Se Ri seems to be pregnant in the photo is like a story coming from the attention of audiences. But actually it's not like that."

The last episode aired on February 16 of the TV series "Crash Landing On You" recorded the highest viewership rate of 24.1% (provided by Nielsen Korea). Accordingly, the episode has occupied the No.1 position among dramas with the same timeslot on all channels including terrestrial television, and earned the title of "National Comedy-Romance".

Despite parting ways because of the reality, in the final episode, Ri Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Se Ri got back together like a miracle. Then, the couple had a passionate kiss and once again asserted their love.

[OSEN = Reporter Kim Bo Ra] / purplish@osen.co.kr
[Photo] tvN
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

———

Chinese netizens celebrate love after South Korean drama ‘Crash Landing On You’ comes to an end 

Source: Global Times
Published: 2020/2/17 19:48:40

D0-F216-D9-E7-B8-4-B25-9302-B06-D8-EE90-
Hyun Bin (left) and Son Ye-Jin Photo: VCG

Chinese netizens began calling for the protagonists of South Korean TV drama Crash Landing On You to start a romantic relationship in real life after the drama came to an end on Sunday.

The hashtag for the drama's final episode has earned 460 million views on China's Twitter-like Sina Weibo as of Monday. The website for South Korean TV, which broadcast the drama with Chinese subtitles, crashed on Sunday night due to the sheer number of fans heading to the site.

The finale also broke records for South Korean TV ratings with a peak viewer rate of 24.1 percent and an average nationwide rate of 21.68 percent, surpassing the previous record set by Goblin, according to reports.

The show is a cross-border love story between a rich and charming heiress from South Korea and a handsome army officer in North Korea.

The happy ending for the two protagonists, played by Hyun Bin and Son Ye-Jin, has driven many Chinese netizens crazy, leading them to rush to social media to share their excitement. 

"The end would have been far more perfect if they could have had twins," one netizen posted on Sina Weibo.

"They are such a fit for each other. They were even born in the same year. I wish they could go to the civil affairs bureau in real life and get married," one Chinese netizen joked on Sina Weibo.

An entertainment blogger on Sina Weibo called Crash Landing On You a top-notch show, and praised the actors, director, screenwriters and even the singers of the original soundtrack. The clear editing, appropriate background music and distinctive characters in the story made it a high-quality work.

"Although the story is far removed from real life, it portrays the image of an enviably perfect on-screen couple played by Hyun Bin and Son Ye-Jin, who through their superb acting skills captured the attention of audiences. Meanwhile, people have a high interest in the mysterious country - North Korea. The warm and interesting plots of the ladies in the village as well as the funny four North Korean soldiers also stirred people's interest," the blogger wrote.

The fashionable outlook of the two main female actresses also attracted many female Chinese netizens. Many of them asked for the brands of the clothes and accessories worn by the two in the drama online.

However, some Chinese netizens showed their disappointment concerning the heartrending ending for a supporting couple. Some commented that they were too sad to fall asleep after seeing the supporting actor Gu Seung-joon die and leave his lover in the end.

"I cried all night last night and I still feel sad! The scriptwriter is too cruel! Why couldn't the couple live together? Why don't they deserve love," one Chinese netizen complained on Sina Weibo.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

It's not really questionable. 

RJH wouldn't be able to set all those messages from NK, hence, he set it all while he was still detained by NIS. The phone he used was South Korean phone given by Gu Seungjun. He definitely cannot bring the phone back to NK either. 

My only question is who's keeping the phone alive for a year until RJH was back to the North, and who took care of the flower delivery from RJH to Seri... Since it was shown the NIS agent taught him about scheduled messages, I just assumed that it was NIS agent who helped him with all of those. 

Same thought. I also think the NIS who keeps the phone and help RJH with his plans. 

• Like 2

@Helena I can’t believe they had to clarify the picture that looked like Seri was not pregnant. Why can’t it be true???? :bawling: (Or just not clarify at all? Ignorance is bliss... right?)

The writer really played with our emotions. With the foreshadowing of “marrying, two kids that are twins and are girls...” to opening the door and waiting for the “baby to come out”, to captain Ri helping Seri up by informing her to “take deep breaths while holding his hand” in the hospital...

help me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

On 2/23/2020 at 9:07 AM, yejincow said:

first time on this thread! anyway... nothing against Itaewon class or hi  bye mama but both dramas seem to be doing really well... hi bye mama premiered on high ratings & itaewon class’ has been steadily increasing. i’m just... worried... that they’ll over take cloy! lol it’s just a little too fast & i honestly wish that cloy will stay at top for a much longer time sighs am i the only selfish one? LOL 

I don't think we should worry about IC's rating because IC is produced by JTBC while CLOY is produced by tvN. So comparing the rating of a JTBC drama with that of tvN's doesn't really make sense in your context. All the news about CLOY so far is about it being the #1 rated tvN drama of all time. Reports only compare its rating to Goblin's rating because Goblin is also a tvN drama. 

If you compare all dramas from all Korean cable together, CLOY isn't number 1 at the moment, it's only 5th in the top 10 highest-rated Korean drama of all time of all cables.

So in short, don't worry too much :lol:. For tvN only, CLOY is still #1 for now. The demographic watching CLOY is different form that of Hi Bye Mama and I think the amount of fanbase watching it won't be as high as CLOY's so it probably won't beat CLOY for the final rating. 

On 2/21/2020 at 9:41 AM, newbie said:

Wow, this thread is still active!

There is one scene I would love to see in a director's cut version. In NK, after the clam-soju party with the guys, Se-ri woke up and wondered how she ended up in RJH's bed . I recall seeing  GIFs of the Captain carrying her to his bed and tucking her in(she was drunk).

Instead of showing us numerous "recall" scenes, they should have showed us more of this instead.

There is no scene of him carrying her to his bend and tucking her in when she was drunk. You might have confused it with this scene? This is the scene where SR was remembering all of her good memories of JH when she was kidnapped. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 2

Comrades... just wanted to let you know... i am in between making career And life changing decisions and it stresses me out.

Rewatching CLOY, reading soompi and the shipper’s thread is helping me cope.

thank you for keeping this thread alive, somehow.

CLOY is amazing

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Chowchow @Seoshi.love. I echo your sentiments. I understand it has been a week since the drama ended but since so many of us are still missing the series and its characters, I wish all these "clarifications" could come at a later date. Similar to all the "we need to draw a clear line here" re. dating rumours, its like splashing cold water on hopeful fans. If only they could just let us live in the fantasy of SR-JH and their happily ever after just for that little bit longer :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, ncly said:

I don't think we should worry about IC's rating because IC is produced by JTBC while CLOY is produced by tvN. So comparing the rating of a JTBC drama with that of tvN's doesn't really make sense in your context. All the news about CLOY so far is about it being the #1 rated tvN drama of all time. Reports only compare its rating to Goblin's rating because Goblin is also a tvN drama. 

If you compare all dramas from all Korean cable together, CLOY isn't number 1 at the moment, it's only 5th in the top 10 highest-rated Korean drama of all time of all cables.

So in short, don't worry too much :lol:. For tvN only, CLOY is still #1 for now. The demographic watching CLOY is different form that of Hi Bye Mama and I think the amount of fanbase watching it won't be as high as CLOY's so it probably won't beat CLOY for the final rating. 

There is no scene of him carrying her to his bend and tucking her in when she was drunk. You might have confused it with this scene? This is the scene where SR was remembering all of her good memories of JH when she was kidnapped. 

I'm not sure if anyone has talked about this in this thread, this might just be a coincident but I think the writer might have built RJH based on a real life person, Kim Jong Un. I'm not sure if it's ok to talk about him here but Admin/Moderator, please remove this part if it violates the rules.

Similarities between KJU and RJH:

- Both born in 1982

- Both are the 2nd son in the family 

- Both studied abroad in Switzerland 

- Both had to go back to serve in the army due to family duties

- Both had a brother who was killed (KJU's half brother)

- KJU's wife's last name is "Ri" :)) 

Some were speculating KJU was also musically talented but all sources I've read so far only talk about him being a basketball fanatic so that's the only thing that doesn't match at the moment. 

KJU is born in 1984 according to Google.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!

2 hours ago, ncly said:

That article is based on overall average rating for the entire series.That is why CLOY is at number 5.I think it is not fair to compare based on the overall average as some dramas tend to have more number of episodes like Sky Castle ,Mr. Sunshine,Reply 1988 which benefits them.

Infact more emphasis is generally given to the rating acquired during a single episode.In that sense CLOY is 2nd after SKY CASTLE.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, ncly said:

I'm not sure if anyone has talked about this in this thread, this might just be a coincident but I think the writer might have built RJH based on a real life person, Kim Jong Un. I'm not sure if it's ok to talk about him here but Admin/Moderator, please remove this part if it violates the rules.

Similarities between KJU and RJH:

- Both born in 1982

- Both are the 2nd son in the family 

- Both studied abroad in Switzerland 

- Both had to go back to serve in the army due to family duties

- Both had a brother who was killed (KJU's half brother)

- KJU's wife's last name is "Ri" :)) 

Some were speculating KJU was also musically talented but all sources I've read so far only talk about him being a basketball fanatic so that's the only thing that doesn't match at the moment. 

CLOY is the 2nd highest cable drama ratings in South Korea after SKY Castle. In SK, there are 2 set of ratings to be compared. The Free to Air Channel (FTA) ratings and Cable Channel ratings. For now, CLOY is the highest in tvN and 2nd for the whole Cable channels as SKy Castle is no.1. (Sky Castle is Jtbc drama). If IC surpassed CLOY ratings, CLOY will be fallen 3rd. Goblin tops the cable channel ratings for 3 years before SKY Castle surpassed that last year. I think most of us would love CLOY will remain at No 2 for a while. Maybe 3 years or more like Goblin. I do not worry much of Hi Bye Mama, 

As for RJH n KJU similarity, i think that is just co incidence. I don't think the writer dare to do RJH character based on that figure. It will create hatred among South Koreans and her job will be in doomed. South Koreans cannot even write or put the Kims photos anywhere even if for drama set and do you think she would do RJH character based on KJU?  Me myself do not want to even think that RJH was created based on him. They are too far apart. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Lol, the top 2 news on Naver are about Crash Landing on You. I guess people have not really moved on.

Knetz are making guess that Yoon Seri (Son Yejin) is pregnant in the behind the scenes of drama 'Crash Landing on You' when reunited with Ri Jeonghyeok (Hyunbin).

_fL1Gu3S%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Knetz are making guess that Yoon Seri (Son Yejin) is pregnant in the behind the scenes of drama 'Crash Landing on You' when reunited with Ri Jeonghyeok (Hyunbin).

Capture.PNG

Netizen comments :
(+249,-14) I don't think this kind of chemistry couple will come out any more. ㅠㅠ

More: https://www.storykpop.com/2020/02/knetz-are-making-guess-that-yoon-seri.html

• Like 4