[Drama 2019-2020] Chocolate, ♥ 초콜릿♥

icyphoenix

Sweet like Chocolate :D   

65 members have voted

1. 1. When will the OTP's first kiss be?

• episodes 13 -14
    • episodes 15 - 16
  2. 2. What will the ending be for the OTP?

• They will have a fairytale happy ending - reunited in Greece after a brief separation.
    • They will have a simple wedding at the hospice.
    • Both will have their illnesses resurface , and they end up in heaven together .
    • Lee Kang dies , and Lee Jun will take care of Cha Young.
    • Cha Young dies , and Lee Kang remains single thereafter.
    • Both remain single.
    • Others ( you can tell us what you think in the thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2020 at 02:50 PM

Preview for ep 8

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6THrBTp5TD/?igshid=1ar85fbpxjww5

JY: Cha Young Noona! 

JY: I am Jedi (?)

MCY: I wish the star (?) that Ji Yong has been waiting for will not come for another 100 years

Kang: Why haven't you go back to Greece? Don't you say that you will go back to Greece?

MCY: Oh? Ah, I will go back to there

Kang: Since you are going to leave, don't you think it will be better if you leave sooner? This place (the hospice) isn't a good place after all (people have come and will soon go to the after life)

Nurse: I think something bad happened to chef Cha Young

Kang: Cha Young - ssi!

MCY: I don't know where to start the story

Kang: Cha Young - ssi!!

MCY: About when my heart has started to fall for him. I don't remember exactly when

Kang: I have told you to take care of your body! Do you know how worried I am?!

-----

Oh my, is it going to be Ji Yong turns to leave ? :tears:

On the preview, Kang sounds a little bit harsh to CY, but I think he suggests that because he see how broken hearted she becomes whenever someone she knew well passes away. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Just finished ep 7.

I liked that it focused on LJ and HJ's backstory and they finally met eachother. The conversation LJ tells her after she's put back in the hospital bed was so good and heartbreaking. CY is such a sweetheart, always helping everyone. Seeing her looking around for LK because she's worried is so cute. LK hasnt quite figured his own feelings which is understandable because of what happen with MS.

Judging from the previews, CY may be ready to leave the hospice? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

Just finished ep 7.

I liked that it focused on LJ and HJ's backstory and they finally met eachother. The conversation LJ tells her after she's put back in the hospital bed was so good and heartbreaking. CY is such a sweetheart, always helping everyone. Seeing her looking around for LK because she's worried is so cute. LK hasnt quite figured his own feelings which is understandable because of what happen with MS.

Yeah I think LK is going to keep disregarding his feelings for CY because of MS in the next episode too. The fact that he himself is asking her to leave for Greece means that he has decided not to confront his feelings for her and simply ignore CY. I don't think it is okay for CY to leave the hospice this early given that our leads have still not shared sufficient tender moments together. I would like for them to spend more time together before CY leaves as I am yet to see fully the impact CY has had on LK.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rita96 said:

Yeah I think LK is going to keep disregarding his feelings for CY because of MS in the next episode too. The fact that he himself is asking her to leave for Greece means that he has decided not to confront his feelings for her and simply ignore CY. I don't think it is okay for CY to leave the hospice this early given that our leads have still not shared sufficient tender moments together. I would like for them to spend more time together before CY leaves as I am yet to see fully the impact CY has had on LK.

From his reserved demeanor and nonchalantness, he's really suppressing his newfound feelings. I dont think hes sure if he likes her romantically that way yet but he knows that hes worried about her wellbeing. The impact on him is definitely there. It's not huge or grand(yet) but the small things when they ate the noodles at the chinese restaurant for the elderly who passed, the way he looked during the birthday at the latenight minimart, the night they drank for his mother, & also when he stared at her from the distant when she was talking about the cows&potatoes bits.

I agree. I want to see more of them together in terms of development before she decides to leave back to Greece. The shows is already on its halfway mark. Ep. 8 is tomorrow & the show has 16episodes. 

*note: It's always great to see male characters cry/express themselves emotionally in these type of shows. I'm not familiar with the actor who pays LJ but he portrays his character well, especially in this episode. Really like the way he furrow his brows into a set of emotions. 

• Like 3

What are the chances of having your crush  :heart: and chocolate :love: at the same time after so many years ?

Just finished ep 7 and its time for me to take cooking lessons i think.... mind you Hippocrates did say food is medicine :mrgreen:

I was very happy to see the little boys mama come , for him and for herself .  As for our doctors, i think they will find their happiness waiting for them in the kitchen area . 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

haha i love to let my imagination run wild (insert @Ameera Ali here for more crazy .gif !)

lets say, maybe CY will leave now for greece and LK will finally know she was the little girl (if he hasn’t) but its too late.. hospice and his family matters dun allow him to run after her.. he finally flies to greece to find CY.. roll back to the starting scene in ep1 and then continue thereafter with proper romance, chance to heal his shaky hand.. patch up with LJ and happily ever after.. :yum:

edited: lets add a bit of fun to Tae Hyun.. he falls for a woman who is tigress nature.. subdued him and made him work his a ss off and finally, CY gets to ditch him to live her own life!!

• LOL 1

I wish CY was less timid when she faced LK, i mean she could tell LK why he was so nosy telling her to go to greece. She could do whatever she likes LOL.

Anyway these recent eps were slow in progression. I take they want LK change his life perspective in the hospice rather than mulling over his not nice family and his job as a surgeon in his family’s hospital

• Like 1

Cy will definitely leave for Greece leaving LK to figure out his feelings that’s how the story starts. Cy ‘s dear brother will enlighten him that Lk is CY ‘s First love n met when they were kids. He did make chocolate Shasha for her b4 he left the restaurant, but she didn’t turn up.I m looking forward for their couple sweet moments while in Greece.Cheeeeeer!:blush:

6 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Just finished ep 7.

I also enjoyed seeing the more human side of LJ as well. Him telling HJ that he won't cry for her, won't remember her, and won't come to her funeral because she doesn't deserve it. He must've been so shocked, that he was in a complete loss for words after Kang told him that HJ is conscious. Some may think that it's harsh on HJ but I thought that it might have made her stronger. Thoroughly thought that scene broke me and I thank the actor for that.

I think that Kang asking the kid what "this" was and he responded "Zika virus" was hilarious. How are you going to ask a kid for romance-related problems, pal? 

If CY leaves the hospice, it may be to return to Greece- yes, but I hope that it doesn't end on a note where the last episode ends in Greece and we don't get to see any of their interaction. I mean, both leads suffered immensely and if I were to not see ANY type of sparks fly between the two even more, I'd be disappointed.

6 hours ago, rita96 said:

I completely agree with this. I mean, Kang has said he's lost (likely between the paths of choosing to be loyal to MS or falling hard for CY). I think that after Kang tells CY to leave, she may go to Greece and he'll go after her and bring her back to Korea. I think that's where the first scene came into play. Like I mentioned earlier, I would dislike it and be disappointed if the two leads didn't share any type of sweet moments in the hospice before she leaves to Greece. 

And plus, even if Kang does go to Greece to get CY back to Korea, I wouldn't want that to be in the final episode. I'd want the two leads to show off their love to everyone, as they deserve to (they've been suffering so much, I just can't...)

5 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

I want to see more of them together in terms of development before she decides to leave back to Greece. The shows is already on its halfway mark. Ep. 8 is tomorrow & the show has 16episodes. 

*note: It's always great to see male characters cry/express themselves emotionally in these type of shows. I'm not familiar with the actor who pays LJ but he portrays his character well, especially in this episode. Really like the way he furrow his brows into a set of emotions. 

Yes. Yes. Yes. The show is hitting halfway tomorrow and the interaction between the two leads are slow. I don't want this show to go like every other show: "let's just show their romantic relationship wrap up in the last 2 episodes". NO. 

LJ's actor really portrays his character really well. I cried when he said his lines, etc. Really powerful acting.

I disagree with having her return to Greece this early, unless they return to Korea after 1-2 episodes - that'd be different.

• Like 2

Enjoying the shows, but today . . . 

Accusing someone who attempts suicide of being selfish is just beyond decency.

People who attempt suicide are either in so much emotional or psychological pain that they think they or the world would be better without them in it. 

And worse, this was said to a hospice patient, a patient in pain who has no hope of recovery. 

You would think that a hospice would have better protocol to deal with suicidal patients.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, xprosperity said:

I also enjoyed seeing the more human side of LJ as well. Him telling HJ that he won't cry for her, won't remember her, and won't come to her funeral because she doesn't deserve it. He must've been so shocked, that he was in a complete loss for words after Kang told him that HJ is conscious. Some may think that it's harsh on HJ but I thought that it might have made her stronger. Thoroughly thought that scene broke me and I thank the actor for that.

I think that Kang asking the kid what "this" was and he responded "Zika virus" was hilarious. How are you going to ask a kid for romance-related problems, pal? 

If CY leaves the hospice, it may be to return to Greece- yes, but I hope that it doesn't end on a note where the last episode ends in Greece and we don't get to see any of their interaction. I mean, both leads suffered immensely and if I were to not see ANY type of sparks fly between the two even more, I'd be disappointed.

I completely agree with this. I mean, Kang has said he's lost (likely between the paths of choosing to be loyal to MS or falling hard for CY). I think that after Kang tells CY to leave, she may go to Greece and he'll go after her and bring her back to Korea. I think that's where the first scene came into play. Like I mentioned earlier, I would dislike it and be disappointed if the two leads didn't share any type of sweet moments in the hospice before she leaves to Greece. 

And plus, even if Kang does go to Greece to get CY back to Korea, I wouldn't want that to be in the final episode. I'd want the two leads to show off their love to everyone, as they deserve to (they've been suffering so much, I just can't...)

Yes. Yes. Yes. The show is hitting halfway tomorrow and the interaction between the two leads are slow. I don't want this show to go like every other show: "let's just show their romantic relationship wrap up in the last 2 episodes". NO. 

LJ's actor really portrays his character really well. I cried when he said his lines, etc. Really powerful acting.

I disagree with having her return to Greece this early, unless they return to Korea after 1-2 episodes - that'd be different.

The scene between LJ & HJ was very good. Both actors were excellent. I love that everyone cries so well on this show. 

Yep. I really want to see more interactions between the leads. Theyve gone through way too much stuff & judging from preview shots I think we'll get to see more of them & their healing journey together. I dont want the show to end up anticlimatic. I want the two leads to have a happy ending but there needs to be a build up for that so hopefully ep. 8 picks up the development.

Since the show is already halfway through airing, I hope the two leads end strong together. Please dont give me a ridiculous ending. I hope the two leads end up together happy & open a restaurant together at the seaport! *crosses finger*

47 minutes ago, hushhh said:

Enjoying the shows, but today . . . 

Accusing someone who attempts suicide of being selfish is just beyond decency.

People who attempt suicide are either in so much emotional or psychological pain that they think they or the world would be better without them in it. 

And worse, this was said to a hospice patient, a patient in pain who has no hope of recovery. 

You would think that a hospice would have better protocol to deal with suicidal patients.

Most definitely.

I'm not from South Korea so I dont know the protocols or ways doctors at a hospice manage/interact with patients who's on suicidal watch or have suicidal tendencies. This is a melodrama(like most dramas) & writers tend to have alot of creative freedom(& without research) when writing. The cultural difference comes into play as well because there's a huge difference in the way non-Korean culture confronts/deals with this kind of subject/ordeal and how people in South Korea confront/deals with it.

*note*: I agree that it is not right or a good thing to tell some who's suicidal 'selfish'. This is a drama & the South Korean outlook on suicide is different and considered a taboo/untouched topic that has stigma to it, although I'm not well-versed/knowledgable to discuss it in depth since I do not live there.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

10 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

Most definitely.

I'm not from South Korea so I dont know the protocols or ways doctors at a hospice manage/interact with patients who's on suicidal watch or have suicidal tendencies. This is a melodrama(like most dramas) & writers tend to have alot of creative freedom(& without research) when writing. The cultural difference comes into play as well because there's a huge difference in the way non-Korean culture confronts/deals with this kind of subject/ordeal and how people in South Korea confront/deals with it.

I appreciate what you are saying, but I don't think the "selfish" cliche is limited to South Korea or Asian or etc.

I hear it in the West too.

I know that drama's writers take creative license, but a decent writer will do the research, even if they then decide to do away with it. . .  

When someone like David Foster Wallace take their own life after decades of fighting to stay in this world, the least folks can do is recognize the effort, even if he ultimately lost the battle.  To cry "selfish"  is just . . . cruel.  Certainly his family can cry selfish because of their grief, but the rest of the world should be quiet.

The proper response to a woman whose on a death journey, and decides to step on the gas to reach her destination sooner is not to shame and blame, but to show her it is worth the battle to stay longer and to put her on anti-anxiety and anti-depression drugs if her system can tolerate it. 

SK drama have the worst representation of psychological treatment/professionals I've seen.  I know in dramas for the effect the therapist is not going to follow any recognizable protocols. And when therapist show up in western dramas they too are always behaving in ways no therapist could behave and keep their license.  The difference with Western dramas they make it clearer that the therapist is not doing good therapy.  In SK drama, they way they present incompetent psychological professional makes it seems incompetence is the norm.  The hospice should have a psychologist on staff--I know the doctors we see at the hospice are not meant to represent trained "mental health" professionals.

33 minutes ago, hushhh said:

I appreciate what you are saying, but I don't think the "selfish" cliche is limited to South Korea or Asian or etc.

I hear it in the West too.

I know that drama's writers take creative license, but a decent writer will do the research, even if they then decide to do away with it. . .  

When someone like David Foster Wallace take their own life after decades of fighting to stay in this world, the least folks can do is recognize the effort, even if he ultimately lost the battle.  To cry "selfish"  is just . . . cruel.  Certainly his family can cry selfish because of their grief, but the rest of the world should be quiet.

The proper response to a woman whose on a death journey, and decides to step on the gas to reach her destination sooner is not to shame and blame, but to show her it is worth the battle to stay longer and to put her on anti-anxiety and anti-depression drugs if her system can tolerate it. 

SK drama have the worst representation of psychological treatment/professionals I've seen.  I know in dramas for the effect the therapist is not going to follow any recognizable protocols. And when therapist show up in western dramas they too are always behaving in ways no therapist could behave and keep their license.  The difference with Western dramas they make it clearer that the therapist is not doing good therapy.  In SK drama, they way they present incompetent psychological professional makes it seems incompetence is the norm.  The hospice should have a psychologist on staff--I know the doctors we see at the hospice are not meant to represent trained "mental health" professionals.

I agree.

I'm not saying that western culture inherently treats suicidal patients/people with suicidal tendencies any better, just handled/viewed differently since western culture & asian culture are not monolithic/same.

Yes, alot of Kdramas/writers tend to bend reality with creative freedom without research. It would be nice/good thing to see writers handle these subject with more care.

• Like 1

I haven't watched the recent 2 episodes, partly because I couldn't take the suspense of waiting a week long for the next 2 episodes, but yet I am here reading all the comments and absorbing/imagining what transpired in this week's episodes.

I concur with all the comments here where we do need to see more interactions between the two leads. It will be truly disappointing if their love is only revealed at the final episode. It is worse if the final episode ends at where we started at the first episode. I totally dislike dramas where the ending will be up to us to imagine because it ends without a proper closure.

I really like this show but my one minor feedback is that this show has too many other storylines that is ongoing. The focus on the leads are not very dominant. It will be nice if the whole show focuses more on them than having so many other stories on the rest of the characters.

• Like 4

Hi

I just finished ep 7, actually i watched ep 1-6 in one day last week, couldn't stop until the last ep, and i kinda regret it because the story goes super slow, I can't wait bc i long for their scenes now hahhaha...  I haven't followed any kdramas lately, so waiting is killing me...

I like that there's no love triangle. I didnt count Min Seong as a rival bc Cha Young broke up with him instantly. Still no excuse but i can't blame her. Thanks Zika Virus, we will see progress tonight!

This is my first YKS drama, and I LIKE HIM! His acting :thumbsup:.

Although I hate Lee Jun's Parents and his family, I don't like him but i don't hate him. Especially what he said to Hui Ju expressed his feeling.  I hope Lee Jun will find his own happiness :) 

This drama shows us painful things and regrets about life , how to overcome it all and how to move on. 

Dr. Lee Kang, don't forget to take off your gown when leaving the building :sweatingbullets:

:blush:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

I haven't watched the recent 2 episodes, partly because I couldn't take the suspense of waiting a week long for the next 2 episodes, but yet I am here reading all the comments and absorbing/imagining what transpired in this week's episodes.

I concur with all the comments here where we do need to see more interactions between the two leads. It will be truly disappointing if their love is only revealed at the final episode. It is worse if the final episode ends at where we started at the first episode. I totally dislike dramas where the ending will be up to us to imagine because it ends without a proper closure.

I really like this show but my one minor feedback is that this show has too many other storylines that is ongoing. The focus on the leads are not very dominant. It will be nice if the whole show focuses more on them than having so many other stories on the rest of the characters.

I'm sure well get to see CY & LK relationship progress & bloom. There's several shots in previews of both characters doing activities/things together so hopefully it picks up at ep 8 and afterwards. 

I like the inclusion of side characters. They add alot of personality to the story, rather than it being a straight-up melodrama/romance between the leads. The side characters really bring CY & LK together in the most unexpected/great way. They are the little sparks to the bigger flame. Now it's up to CY & LK to burn the fire even brighter & initiate how they both really feel for eachother. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, naritul said:

Hi

I just finished ep 7, actually i watched ep 1-6 in one day last week, couldn't stop until the last ep, and i kinda regret it because the story goes super slow, I can't wait bc i long for their scenes now hahhaha...  I haven't followed any kdramas lately, so waiting is killing me...

I like that there's no love triangle. I didnt count Min Seong as a rival bc Cha Young broke up with him instantly. Still no excuse but i can't blame her. Thanks Zika Virus, we will see progress tonight!

This is my first YKS drama, and I LIKE HIM! His acting :thumbsup:.

Although I hate Lee Jun's Parents and his family, I don't like him but i don't hate him. Especially what he said to Hui Ju expressed his feeling.  I hope Lee Jun will find his own happiness :)

This drama shows us painful things and regrets about life , how to overcome it all and how to move on. 

Dr. Lee Kang, don't forget to take off your gown when leaving the building :sweatingbullets:

:blush:

I’ve seen YKS in the good wife, he’s quite good

• Like 3

this IG has quite a few nice snips of the episodes.. i copied one here.. the few ones of JY passing and rooftop scenes are so tears jerking :bawling:

and i guess Mr Cool & Confused din make Cha Young (and us) wait too long to make his moves hahahaha :heart:

for those chingus who can read chinese.. the same preview has it sub with chinese:

• Like 5
  • Love 2