[Drama 2019-2020] Chocolate, ♥ 초콜릿♥

icyphoenix

Sweet like Chocolate :D   

65 members have voted

1. 1. When will the OTP's first kiss be?

• episodes 13 -14
    • episodes 15 - 16
  2. 2. What will the ending be for the OTP?

• They will have a fairytale happy ending - reunited in Greece after a brief separation.
    • They will have a simple wedding at the hospice.
    • Both will have their illnesses resurface , and they end up in heaven together .
    • Lee Kang dies , and Lee Jun will take care of Cha Young.
    • Cha Young dies , and Lee Kang remains single thereafter.
    • Both remain single.
    • Others ( you can tell us what you think in the thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2020 at 02:50 PM

The fact that he went back to the hospital just to find out about CY's past.

The fact that he drove all over to look for her when he found out it was late and she hadn't come back.

The look and sigh of relief when he finally found her.

The fact that he was reminiscing about walking with her in the rain the night before.

The fact that he told her not to suffer anymore on her birthday.

:tears: HE CARES.

And guys...I don't think LJ is going to be a possible love interest for CY. He's got enough problems. I just want him and LK to sort their ish out.

Now we can kinda get the idea why CY keeps her brother around. I don't think she wants him to ever go through what she did when her mom abandoned her. She knows how hard it is. And also - he's family. Her only family at this point.

LEE KANG. That scene in the end when it seems like he FINALLY looks at her :heart: 

it felt so genuine - loved it.

a3e8f6d8963192d4f8840f20d5a67e32378bc0ba

7d7e536b5a23a60709d717184c112c18607668a5

Creds. Tumblr

• Like 7
  • Love 7

@blademan oh yeah I agree he seem interesting in her for once in different light .  I loved the way he keep looking at her while preparing the birthday for the child ,her sweet nature make him cared &  curious about her . 

We clearly see different from ep 1 

5df6a487d774d418212656.gif?download

to episode 6 , now he clearly the one eyeing her without her knowing 

5df6a47a38ae2066355132.gif?download

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@blademan oh yeah I agree he seem interesting in her for once in different light .  I loved the way he keep looking at her while preparing the birthday for the child ,her sweet nature make him cared &  curious about her . 

We clearly see different from ep 1 

to episode 6 , now he clearly the one eyeing her without her knowing 

Didn't quote your gifs but wanted to react to them:

SO TRUE. Kang tells her "forget about it, we ain't gonna be together. Like. Ever." 

And now 6 episodes later... He's all lovey-dovey and totally about this great idea... I'M ALL FOR IT. YES KANG.

Personally really want to see how Cha-young's leech of a brother uses this to his advantage though. Even though he's super annoying (meaning the actor definitely did an amazing job.) Hats off to the cast so far- I'm totally LOVING this drama.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, reddragon said:

I think the story could be better with Min Seong still alive, rather than the twin brother. He could have been the one with a disease that will cause him to leave this earth as soon as possible.

I agree with you. I would prefer the annoying brother to be gone for good.. Only problem is that with MS and LK personality and at the level of their friendship, I don't think LK and CY will ever date if MS is still alive.

Translation by:

sora
0:01: You doctor, didn’t do anything right! If you want to look on standby with folded arms, then why work as a doctor?
0:10: (LK) You think that I look not happy? (Child) Yes, a bit.
0:16: Everyone says first love will never have result/bear fruit. We by means, using this chance, to break this prejudice(stereotype?)
0:23: (CY) Because I cannot find you
0:26: (LK) Why do you want to find me for?
0:28: (CY) Because... I’m worried about you.
0:32: (LK) I’m thinking what is it. I obviously want to at all cost, to avoid. (He referring to CY) But she keeps me concern/worried Making me care.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Chocolate: Episode 5

by SailorJumun

chocolate05-00198.jpg

Things are starting to settle down, with our tragic pair finally living in the same place. Neither are all that excited to be working together, as they’re both walking reminders of their painful pasts, but at least a lot of the anger has subsided for our neurosurgeon. And the more he learns about our chef, the more he realizes that maybe he didn’t know her so well after all.

EPISODE 5 RECAP

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/12/chocolate-episode-5/

• Like 2

I specially loved the kids at the hospice they are really amazing n pure typical Koreankids .Chocolate  is quite a unique story , well balance for the first 6 epi . I m getting to know Yoon Kye Sang for his maturity best match for hjw in this drama .For the first time I won’t be shipping them not becos he hv  gf , but enjoy Hjw chemistry with all her leading men:wub::blush:

Edited by Sunby
  • Like 6

Hello,

I am so in love with this drama. It's a slow burn romance perfect for december. I have to say though that the first 2-3 episodes were just too eventful- with either one of them constantly in the hospital sick. But now that we are in the current timeline and in only one setting (the hospice) it's easier to follow the nuances in their relationship. I love the leads and really looking forward to the next episode:)

• Like 5
  • Love 1

So, I have begun binge watching this drama and already it is competing with my faves of the year. No surprise. Ha Ji Won is my favorite Korean actress and Yoon Kye Sang is definitely one of my faves. The two of them together is magical. This is such a complicated story line. I can somewhat see the direction that the writer is going in with this, but there a couple of things I noticed thus far.

- The kids who play LK and CY are fantastic. Even as kids you can see the purity and wonder between them. 

- I found it really repugnant that they had young CY on a diet so she could become an actress. No wonder she devoured that food like that.

- LK, even as a kid was drawn to her. Most kids would've been angry that she crept into the back of the restaurant and started eating the dried sweet potato. 

- Her honesty, both as a child and as an adult is the reason he is going to fall for her.

- Min Yeong knew she didn't love him, he suspected it was LK from the very beginning, the picture just solidified it. I don't agree with him allowing all of those years to go by without saying anything. CY did not cheat, she was honest enough to leave because her heart wouldn't let her let go of LK.

- LK is a superior surgeon to LJ. The fact that he was seriously injured himself and managed to operate on CY well enough that she made a complete recovery speaks volumes.

- I don't believe LJ left the hematoma on purpose, however, I do believe that he did to the best of his ability and skills. If only LK could operate on himself.

- More drama is going to occur at the hospital and they will eventually request LK to come back to help them out, but he is going to want to stay where he is.

- I believe his family will try to bribe and/or intimidate CY to get to him, but luckily because of her loser brother, she already has experience with these kind of people.

- LK's family may succeed in getting to CY's brother, but hopefully LJ will step in to stop any sabotage. That is the least he could do.

- When LK was introduced to CY by MY, what if he did remember CY but was trying to play it off because of his friend?

- Also, I think LK and CY will be able to heal each other from their traumas and wounds.

That's all for now, but I am loving this so far.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

So friends, we're all (im)patiently waiting for Friday but I went back to re-watch episode 1 to figure out what Kang's monologue was all about in the beginning...

And so here's my interpretation:

So he says that he keeps running and running and sometimes he wants to give up (I feel like this alludes a bit to his inability to perform surgeries or the giving up of "chasing" Cha-young). Then Kang says that it's because of "you" (Cha-young?) that I keep going.

I have a good feeling that Cha-young (I think someone said it before) will once again run away to Greece and this time, instead of Kang running to get her to make a dumpling stew, he'll go and find her by the waters/arches. According to the drama poster, it seems like he'll kiss her there (but does it really happen? Well, beats me- we'll have to see) as well. 

But what really gets me confused is the fact that Kang says that their story begins here and then zoom, we go back to 1992 Wando...

... shoutout to our child actors and actresses. Kang's child actor really hit me in the darn feels.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

i kinda lost my memory.. did their mom ultimately ran off and abandoned TH too? and, i wonder what happened to their dad since each parent took one of the kids.. :confused: lets just assume the mom didn’t die but left.. i can only think of one way for TH to buck up and stop being a leech and loser.. that is, the mom to appear at the hospice as a patient.. this drama ultimately focus on the hurtful ones who receiving healings one way or another through friendship isn’t it? this way.. CY will learn to let go, and TH will finally grow up and be a good man.. (someone please smash his hp.. or delete his social media account.. what was his IG name again?? haha maybe jtbc will copy the same as HDL where everyone has an IG account!) :grimace:

chanced upon this clip.. omg, its hilarious! wished there is eng subs :lol:

and.. when are we getting this scene???

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

and.. when are we getting this scene???

OMG!! I didn't even know there is a upcoming scene like this...The way he looks at her is sooooo sweet! Him smiling is just everthing. I really wish the drama ends on a happy note. After all the tragedies these two characters have faced since they were little it would be very cruel to not give them a 'happily ever after'.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, rita96 said:

OMG!! I didn't even know there is a upcoming scene like this...The way he looks at her is sooooo sweet! Him smiling is just everthing. I really wish the drama ends on a happy note. After all the tragedies these two characters have faced since they were little it would be very cruel to not give them a 'happily ever after'.

Oh yeah a lot of stills were released ahead of the show and some of them have not aired yet. The more sweet ones :w00t:

• Like 3
  • Love 1