[Drama 2019-2020] Chocolate, ♥ 초콜릿♥

icyphoenix

Sweet like Chocolate :D   

65 members have voted

1. 1. When will the OTP's first kiss be?

• episodes 13 -14
    • episodes 15 - 16
  2. 2. What will the ending be for the OTP?

• They will have a fairytale happy ending - reunited in Greece after a brief separation.
    • They will have a simple wedding at the hospice.
    • Both will have their illnesses resurface , and they end up in heaven together .
    • Lee Kang dies , and Lee Jun will take care of Cha Young.
    • Cha Young dies , and Lee Kang remains single thereafter.
    • Both remain single.
    • Others ( you can tell us what you think in the thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2020 at 02:50 PM

Ep.8 was a tearjerker.

HJ's husband is a piece of trash who should go to hell. To think he was such a loving husband. Thank goodness LK found out about HJ crap husband's scheme & LJ punched him. He deserves more than a punch and prison. I hope LJ and HJ meet eachother again after her surgery. LJ should stay by her side.  

CY is such a sweetheart. The rooftop scene was so good. Her tears as she talked about JY staying on earth forever & the spaceship cake was so cute. HJW is so good as CY. LK is really trying his hardest not to submit to his feelings :sweatingbullets:. Judging from ep 10, things takes a drastic turn. People cant seem to catch a break on this show. More family feud/medical drama ahead. I wonder what LK & LJ were fighting about? More soft moments of CY & LK please! 

I'm glad CY didnt leave to Greece yet. It doesn't seem shell be leaving anytime soon. Hopefully ep.9 takes a full swing at CY&LK's development in terms of their relationship to eachother since LK has lingering feelings for her now but has yet to acknowledge it. Slow-burn romance may not be a cup of tea for many but it's good when it's written well, and Chocolate hasnt disappoint me yet. But there's only 8 episodes left so hopefully we get to see the two leads delve deeper into their feelings. 

• Like 12

I hope the husband of the artist loses his license to practice medicine and that his wife’s family also sue him for every penny he’s got. That is, if such laws exist in SK. How dare he and his mistress use their medical knowledge to do her harm! I’m very happy for her that Dr. Kang realized that they were trying to murder her and I hope her operation is successful. I don’t know if she’ll regain her sight but it would be great if she at least survives and get another chance to live.

This episode was a tear jerker. Little Iron Ranger #3 and grandma passed away. It was so incredibly sad. :bawling: Now we see new patients have come to stay particularly the young kid with the foreign foster mom. Now this show seems like it’s all about death and the time spent with loved ones leading up to it. Anyway, the preview seem to suggest the awful grandmother of Dr. Kang intends to get rid of the hospice and build a place for expensive medical services for the wealthy. 

As to OTP romantic development, maybe that won’t come until the last few episodes. The preview kind of seem like there is a tiny progress but previews are often deceiving. 

• Like 10

I really hope the writer doesnt shoehorned LJ as a potential love interest for CY late into the show. I wasn't to keen with his character from the beginning but I really like/enjoyed his relationship/story with HJ this far. Im not sure if HJ will survive since her health is deteriorating(unless the surgery goes well & please let it do) but I would love to see LJ & HJ together again & make amends. He's definitely the one HJ needs by her side. Even though he came across a tad iffy in the earlier episodes, he's a decent person just wrapped up with his family shenanigans & a somewhat inferior complex towards LK.

I think he will serve as a plot point(not a love interest) to make LK acknowledge/admit his feelings for CY.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I hope the husband of the artist loses his license to practice medicine and that his wife’s family also sue him for every penny he’s got. That is, if such laws exist in SK. How dare he and his mistress use their medical knowledge to do her harm! I’m very happy for her that Dr. Kang realized that they were trying to murder her and I hope her operation is successful. I don’t know if she’ll regain her sight but it would be great if she at least survives and get another chance to live.

This episode was a tear jerker. Little Iron Ranger #3 and grandma passed away. It was so incredibly sad. :bawling: Now we see new patients have come to stay particularly the young kid with the foreign foster mom. Now this show seems like it’s all about death and the time spent with loved ones leading up to it. Anyway, the preview seem to suggest the awful grandmother of Dr. Kang intends to get rid of the hospice and build a place for expensive medical services for the wealthy. 

As to OTP romantic development, maybe that won’t come until the last few episodes. The preview kind of seem like there is a tiny progress but previews are often deceiving. 

I am with you :cold_sweat:  and a beautifully done  send off for the Iron Ranger #3 . 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, naritul said:

This is my first YKS drama, and I LIKE HIM!

Same here! I like the fact that he is age-wise compatible with Ha Ji Won. It is interesting that he isnt necessary the best looking but yet he has his charms. Gosh, I like him - is it the fact he spoke well in English in that scene? Is it because he looks cute and goofy when he smiles? Is it because of his character as Lee Kang? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

we have to prepare ourselves for many sad moments cos, most of the whole story set is at the hospice.. patients there are already bound to die cos of their incurable sickness.. but its also a place where the families and medical care team try their best to let them live their last moments with love and care before going to their afterlife.. the deceased leave with less regrets but the living experience repeated sorrow from their departure.. 

i’m still waiting for eng subs.. which is a pain.. but glad that this coming week and all is about christmas and new year celebrations :kiss_wink: i can stay up late watching all the kdramas (yes, watching too many ongoing ones this time) and not having to worry about late for work!

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, AquariusMY said:

Same here! I like the fact that he is age-wise compatible with Ha Ji Won. It is interesting that he isnt necessary the best looking but yet he has his charms. Gosh, I like him - is it the fact he spoke well in English in that scene? Is it because he looks cute and goofy when he smiles? Is it because of his character as Lee Kang? 

I remember him in his G.O.D. days and left to pursue an acting career. Yep, It's great to see HJW with someone who is of age/acting caliber. They both look well put together on this show. It's nice to still see both of them around. They are still quite popular even from their early years from 2000's. Theyve age wonderfully. This is actually the first drama I've watched/continued from YKS. I tried 'Last' but wasn't interested/invested enough in the story/character. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

I really hope the writer doesnt shoehorned LJ as a potential love interest for CY late into the show. I wasn't to keen with his character from the beginning but I really like/enjoyed his relationship/story with HJ this far. Im not sure if HJ will survive since her health is deteriorating(unless the surgery goes well & please let it do) but I would love to see LJ & HJ together again & make amends. He's definitely the one HJ needs by her side. Even though he came across a tad iffy in the earlier episodes, he's a decent person just wrapped up with his family shenanigans & a somewhat inferior complex towards LK.

I think he will serve as a plot point(not a love interest) to make LK acknowledge/admit his feelings for CY.

I can't. I feel like Jun is going to pursue CY because Kang is doing the same (interpreting that from the line of: "you both were always meant to fight". I'm totally with you on being that person where HJ needs and also the one who makes Kang recognize his feelings, not definitely not the one to be in a triangle with or be an obstacle between the two.

I think someone said earlier in the thread but gonna repeat it again: I wouldn't want the end of the episode to reflect the scene where the first episode took place. It would be a disappointment for me. I'd want the two to be happy working in the hospice together and make it through anything together.

8 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

CY is such a sweetheart. The rooftop scene was so good. Her tears as she talked about JY staying on earth forever & the spaceship cake was so cute. HJW is so good as CY. LK is really trying his hardest not to submit to his feelings :sweatingbullets:. Judging from ep 10, things takes a drastic turn. People cant seem to catch a break on this show. More family feud/medical drama ahead. I wonder what LK & LJ were fighting about? More soft moments of CY & LK please! 

I'm glad CY didnt leave to Greece yet. It doesn't seem shell be leaving anytime soon. Hopefully ep.9 takes a full swing at CY&LK's development in terms of their relationship to eachother since LK has lingering feelings for her now but has yet to acknowledge it. Slow-burn romance may not be a cup of tea for many but it's good when it's written well, and Chocolate hasnt disappoint me yet. But there's only 8 episodes left so hopefully we get to see the two leads delve deeper into their feelings. 

I hope that the two get together soon. I mean, we're halfway through and there isn't anything that's shouting, "Hey, we're gonna be happy together forever at the end of this drama." I mean, we know that CY will eventually go back to Greece (don't know what that last straw would be) and that Kang will go after her. I cried a lot during this episode (three times in total), but what hit me the most was Ji-yong's death. He even moved Kang to tears.

I think that Kang asked CY when she was going back to Greece because he didn't want to see her cry whenever someone died (and this is a terminal illness patient hospice so people will be passing away often). I mean, he was definitely heartbroken to see her cry so many times because of people passing away.

I have a feeling that Jun will be that person who makes Kang recognizes his feelings, and CY will return to Greece (watch this happen in episode 10 or 11) and Kang will go after her to convince her to return to Korea with him. I'm just hoping that the drama doesn't end where it started in episode 1. I want to see these two make amends and start at square 1 (the hospice) happily, cooking for patient and being totally head over heels for each other. 

Although, during one of the press conferences for the drama, the director did spoil the following:

Spoiler

That CY was going to go to Greece and open up her own restaurant (or something like that) and Kang will go after her. After that, someone said that he was spoiling it so he stayed quiet! Not sure where that came in, or whether or not it happened already!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

8 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

I can’t keep up with brother, he so funny :joy:

YES!! omg hahaha can’t stop laughing! he is so techie.. his life is handphone and social media and apps :lol: the way he twist his leg over his arm and rock himself while play these stupid love/fortune match game is hilarious! (LOVED THE RESULTS HAHAHA) as much as being a brat, he really adds lots of humor to the whole drama..!!

• LOL 4

56 minutes ago, xprosperity said:

I can't. I feel like Jun is going to pursue CY because Kang is doing the same (interpreting that from the line of: "you both were always meant to fight". I'm totally with you on being that person where HJ needs and also the one who makes Kang recognize his feelings, not definitely not the one to be in a triangle with or be an obstacle between the two.

I think someone said earlier in the thread but gonna repeat it again: I wouldn't want the end of the episode to reflect the scene where the first episode took place. It would be a disappointment for me. I'd want the two to be happy working in the hospice together and make it through anything together.

I hope that the two get together soon. I mean, we're halfway through and there isn't anything that's shouting, "Hey, we're gonna be happy together forever at the end of this drama." I mean, we know that CY will eventually go back to Greece (don't know what that last straw would be) and that Kang will go after her. I cried a lot during this episode (three times in total), but what hit me the most was Ji-yong's death. He even moved Kang to tears.

I think that Kang asked CY when she was going back to Greece because he didn't want to see her cry whenever someone died (and this is a terminal illness patient hospice so people will be passing away often). I mean, he was definitely heartbroken to see her cry so many times because of people passing away.

I have a feeling that Jun will be that person who makes Kang recognizes his feelings, and CY will return to Greece (watch this happen in episode 10 or 11) and Kang will go after her to convince her to return to Korea with him. I'm just hoping that the drama doesn't end where it started in episode 1. I want to see these two make amends and start at square 1 (the hospice) happily, cooking for patient and being totally head over heels for each other. 

Although, during one of the press conferences for the drama, the director did spoil the following:

Reveal hidden contents

That CY was going to go to Greece and open up her own restaurant (or something like that) and Kang will go aft9er her. After that, someone said that he was spoiling it so he stayed quiet! Not sure where that came in, or whether or not it happened already!

Judging from the snippet for ep.9, it looks like LK does start to feel jealous & yet unsure what to do with his feelings towards CY. LJ probably will be the spark that makes LK submit to his supressed feelings.

I cant see LJ as a love interest for CY, especially since we havent seen any development(romatically) between the 2 leads yet & HJ is alive & alone(her husband is such a piece of crap). I understand why LK can't be outright because of MS.

I also feel that LK telling her to go back to Greece is because he wants to avoid her, similar to how CY went to Greece to avoid LK in the earlier episodes. CY and LK are both reluctant/showing that they both indeed like eachother. LK doesn't realize that CY likes him & CY isnt sure about how LK feels because of his nonchalantleness/reserve demeanor towards her. There's this push and pull between those two. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

Judging from the snippet for ep.9, it looks like LK does start to feel jealous & yet unsure what to do with his feelings towards CY. I understand why he can't be outright because of MS. I also feel that LK telling her to go back to Greece is because he wants to avoid her, similar to how CY went to Greece to avoid LK in the earlier episodes. CY and LK are both reluctant/showing that they both indeed like eachother. LK doesn't realize that CY likes him & CY isnt sure about how LK feels because of his nonchalantleness/reserve

demeanor towards her. There's this push and pull between those two. 

I agree completely that there's a push and pull between the two. I feel like the two have an unspoken relationship. I'm not sure if you felt this, but when LK was searching for CY in the woods and the grandma's voice was narrating, it felt like she wasn't talking about her own story but of LK and CY. 

And one of the grandmas had said that CY was a fool and LK had said the same (when?). Do you think that that meant something as well?

...I'm extremely curious as to when we'll get that "about to kiss" scene from the poster. I need these two together and show off their happiness to the hospice. Gosh, someone's gotta make Director Kwon happier than he is now... .....Which makes me think: will we even get a kiss? :( ....How am I going to wait till next Friday...?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, xprosperity said:

I agree completely that there's a push and pull between the two. I feel like the two have an unspoken relationship. I'm not sure if you felt this, but when LK was searching for CY in the woods and the grandma's voice was narrating, it felt like she wasn't talking about her own story but of LK and CY. 

And one of the grandmas had said that CY was a fool and LK had said the same (when?). Do you think that that meant something as well?

...I'm extremely curious as to when we'll get that "about to kiss" scene from the poster. I need these two together and show off their happiness to the hospice. Gosh, someone's gotta make Director Kwon happier than he is now... .....Which makes me think: will we even get a kiss? :( ....How am I going to wait till next Friday...?

Yes. They both have this unspoken awareness of eachother but there's a disconnect because they dont outright tell eachother how they feel/speak to eachother in a way they fully understand one another. 

I love that statement grandma fartsy had. Yes, it's very relevant to CY & LK situation. Then now I'm worried because what if something happens tragically to either of them? I think grandma telling CY that LK says she's a fool shows that LK speaks about her, acknowledging her existence? It can also mean that CY is very kindhearted who put herself in a predicament that can harm her physically/mentally & that makes LK worried. 

I hope we get to see their love bloom. They both deserve happiness. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

YES!! omg hahaha can’t stop laughing! he is so techie.. his life is handphone and social media and apps :lol: the way he twist his leg over his arm and rock himself while play these stupid love/fortune match game is hilarious! (LOVED THE RESULTS HAHAHA) as much as being a brat, he really adds lots of humor to the whole drama..!!

Oh yeah he fun to watch

but I think next week these two will entertain us :joy:

15769850761576985041.gif

* these two are childish, evil grandma know how to push their bottom :mrgreen:

• LOL 5

5 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

I don't think Jun will be tangled in love story between Cha Young and Kang. He might be become her best friend and both Jun and Kang will find peace thru her. I see that Jun love HJ very much, he become a very soft person in front of HJ, as he also slowly show her friendly gesture toward Cha Young because he know Cha Young take good care of HJ.

I hope HJ wil be free from her husband, and will get her sight again and Jun will be her love. All Jun need is her I guess. 

But until now I really don't get the granny. What is she want, she makes both of her grandson fight only to see the winner??? How come she be so ruthless to maintain business over family. She know how Jun's parents especially the witch mom mistreated Kang, and even sent Kang to Libya to die, but she did nothing even when Kang was dying. I really don't get her. I hope she will entering Hospice in the end because of terminal illness. That granny is a weird one I met ever. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, greenwatch08 said:

Yes. They both have this unspoken awareness of eachother but there's a disconnect because they dont outright tell eachother how they feel/speak to eachother in a way they fully understand one another. 

I love that statement grandma fartsy had. Yes, it's very relevant to CY & LK situation. Then now I'm worried because what if something happens tragically to either of them? I think grandma telling CY that LK says she's a fool shows that LK speaks about her, acknowledging her existence? It can also mean that CY is very kindhearted who put herself in a predicament that can harm her physically/mentally & that makes LK worried. 

I hope we get to see their love bloom. They both deserve happiness. 

I think LK still believes that CY is an idiot to a certain extent. She's a chef, she's supposed to cook but her kind nature leads her into everyone's troubles. Kang has grown up independently so seeing everyone "relying" on CY in a way makes him feel uneasy, I think.

I hope nothing happens to them tragically. It would hurt me. They said this was supposed to be healing- I definitely haven't been healing... I've been crying most of the time... However, this drama has taught me to cherish time and those around me. With so many episodes passing, terminal illness patient has been dying and leaving- I definitely think that that is a lesson to be learned here from "Chocolate" so far.

9 minutes ago, Yippeun_eonnie said:

I don't think Jun will be tangled in love story between Cha Young and Kang. He might be become her best friend and both Jun and Kang will find peace thru her. I see that Jun love HJ very much, he become a very soft person in front of HJ, as he also slowly show her friendly gesture toward Cha Young because he know Cha Young take good care of HJ.

I hope HJ wil be free from her husband, and will get her sight again and Jun will be her love. All Jun need is her I guess. 

Great insight. I think Jun has slowly loosen up because of CY's help with HJ. I think Jun still loves HJ and likely won't like CY because of HJ's existence. I do hope that she can be that bridge that bonds LJ and LK and create some sort of reconcile between the two. They've been suffering for way too long and I think it's time that the two meet some kind of feud ends for the family.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Yippeun_eonnie said:

But until now I really don't get the granny. What is she want, she makes both of her grandson fight only to see the winner??? How come she be so ruthless to maintain business over family. She know how Jun's parents especially the witch mom mistreated Kang, and even sent Kang to Libya to die, but she did nothing even when Kang was dying. I really don't get her. I hope she will entering Hospice in the end because of terminal illness. That granny is a weird one I met ever. 

The family dynamics & dramatics is ridiculous. But this is apparent in writings of many dramas depicting conglomerate/wealthy family. The grandma only thinks about wealth & her status/appearance. The whole family is just nuts. I dont think they remotely care about LK. They didnt even give his mother a proper ceremonial/burial, which is ridiculous since they gave up their life at the seaside/restaurant to preserve the Lee family's hospital/name.

Also, does LK live within his family/grandma's

house? Its been 8 episodes and I have not see where CY & LK stay/live? I think CY lives at the chef lady's

(w/alzheimer) home since the brother stays there too. She bikes to the hospice so I dont think the lady's home is far from the hospice. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, kdrama_luv said:

Was browsing YouTube on the drama's sniplets & came across this:

Chocolate (2019) Trailer | 초콜릿 - Chokolrit @ 1:39

The last few seconds scene seems to be L.Kang & CY.

Gives me a bad feeling... will one of the leads die? :cold_sweat:

No ..  no one will die.

The first blast scene was from when Kang in Libya, the one that makes him in critical condition. But he survived and back to Korea.

The hand reaching scene was from Cha Young memory from the collapsed building accident during her birthday when she was a kid. the accident that took her parents life. the one that makes her struggling in ER room shaking every time her birthday coming.

30 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

The family dynamics & dramatics is ridiculous. But this apparent in writings of many dramas depicting conglomerate/wealthy family. The grandma only thinks about wealth & her status/appearance. The whole family is just nuts. I dont think they remotely care about LK. They didnt even give his mother a proper ceremonial/burial, which is ridiculous since they gave up their life at the seaside/restaurant to preserve the Lee family's hospital/name.

Also, does LK live within his family/grandma's

house? Its been 8 episodes and I have not see where CY & LK stay/live? I think CY lives at the chef lady's

(w/alzheimer) home since the brother stays there too. She bikes to the hospice so I dont think the lady's home is far from the hospice. 

Previously Kang lives in his grandmother house but the he got kicked out because the surgery drama. Now he is living in Hospice too because he's out from the hospital and works in Hospice due to his trembling hand.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Yippeun_eonnie said:

Previously Kang lives in his grandmother house but the he got kicked out because the surgery drama. Now he is living in Hospice too because he's out from the hospital and works in Hospice due to his trembling hand.

I was curious because he's always driving to work in the morning and he leaves at night from the parking space? The audience never really sees how the characters get ready/wake up from bed so I was wondering where CY & LK resides now.

Also, I hope CY & LK will have time to discuss about their upbringing to eachother, specifically that incident when CY was there with his mom when the building collapse. I really like that the show depicts CY showing sign of panic & anxiety due to the traumatic experience. 

• Like 6