[Drama 2019-2020] Chocolate, ♥ 초콜릿♥

icyphoenix

Sweet like Chocolate :D   

65 members have voted

1. 1. When will the OTP's first kiss be?

• episodes 13 -14
    • episodes 15 - 16
  2. 2. What will the ending be for the OTP?

• They will have a fairytale happy ending - reunited in Greece after a brief separation.
    • They will have a simple wedding at the hospice.
    • Both will have their illnesses resurface , and they end up in heaven together .
    • Lee Kang dies , and Lee Jun will take care of Cha Young.
    • Cha Young dies , and Lee Kang remains single thereafter.
    • Both remain single.
    • Others ( you can tell us what you think in the thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2020 at 02:50 PM

13 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i kinda lost my memory.. did their mom ultimately ran off and abandoned TH too? and, i wonder what happened to their dad since each parent took one of the kids.. :confused: lets just assume the mom didn’t die but left..

sorry to cut your post short... in ep 5, TH mentioned that their mother abandoned him as she has a new boyfriend...so their mother is still alive. But I'm also curious about what happened to their father. So far there was nothing mentioned about him after ep 1.

On 12/17/2019 at 4:03 AM, nubianlegalmind said:

- When LK was introduced to CY by MY, what if he did remember CY but was trying to play it off because of his friend?

being this drama is a melo, I'm not surprise if LK actually remembered CY when they first met at the hospital in 2012 before he went to Libya though at that time he pretended not to know her because like he said he has no time to date anyone. Because in ep 1, LK just went back to the kitchen to get extra rice when TH came and shouted "Cha Young!"... so, LK might have heard her name then. And when they met again in 2013 when MS introduced her to him, MS mentioned that "there's a man who keeps staring at us... without moving an inch"..my theory is that he saw her by the window when she was still inside the cafe and was shocked to see her came out and embraced MS. After that he suppressed his feelings as she was dating MS.

Btw, does anyone knows where to livestream the drama? Because this is JTBC, I couldn't find any link so far...

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

I am totally loving this drama and wish I can watch all episodes till the end in one go without having to wait weekly.

I enjoy watching the maturity of the leads, instead of drama where we have young actors and actresses as leads. I have always likes HJW as an actress, and this is my first encounter with YKS and I already like him. 

Really look forward to see more development between the two lead characters. Thus far, there are too many side stories and it is time the drama starts focusing on the story between the leads from now onwards.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

I am totally loving this drama and wish I can watch all episodes till the end in one go without having to wait weekly.

My sentiments exactly!!! How are we supposed to wait for weekly???? All I do after work is rewatch the current episodes!

12 hours ago, mathildafc said:

being this drama is a melo, I'm not surprise if LK actually remembered CY when they first met at the hospital in 2012 before he went to Libya though at that time he pretended not to know her because like he said he has no time to date anyone. Because in ep 1, LK just went back to the kitchen to get extra rice when TH came and shouted "Cha Young!"... so, LK might have heard her name then. And when they met again in 2013 when MS introduced her to him, MS mentioned that "there's a man who keeps staring at us... without moving an inch"..my theory is that he saw her by the window when she was still inside the cafe and was shocked to see her came out and embraced MS. After that he suppressed his feelings as she was dating MS.

This does make sense and would be very sweet if true. It kinda is irks me that while she remembers him from way back 1992, he doesn't. But maybe that memory of 1992 is more important and warm for CY than LK since it was CY who at the time was deprived of love while LK had a loving mother. So maybe for him that day in 1992 was not as significant as it was for CY hence he doesn't remember her as vividly as she does. 

I wonder how LK will react after learning that CY left his friend for him. But then I guess the letter the friend wrote for CY will hold value and not make him averse to CY.

• Like 4

I tend to shy away from melodrama/romance shows because they tend to be ridiculously cheesy/cliche & 'overthetop' but decided to give this a show a try with an open mind since it's on netflix. I wasn't sure whether to watch this or Crash Landing on You so I went with Chocolate. Binged the first 6 episode in one setting & my overall impression is that I fairly enjoyed the show.

Several things that I enjoyed about the show so far: cinematography, music/ost, tone&setting. The acting between the actors is good too. The director has a really keen eye for visual/atmosphere. Even the close up shots of landscape & enviroment gives off a serene/pleasant feeling. There's a nuanced appeal to it. The overhead shot of the seaside port and landscape of South Korea/Greece is beautiful. The music/ost that's integrated in the show is well done. "Always be here" by Chung Jinwoo is my fav track so far.  The music composition in the background is befitting, setting the tone for the show. I liked the way CY & LK is characterized. They are well rounded characters living their own lives as individual beings with personal struggles & dreams. The fact that they both are just really good people makes them A+++ & likable in my eyes. HJW & YKS portrays their respective character effortlessly. The acting isnt boilstering-in your face-loud, which is a good thing. 

The overdone 'first love' trope executed in Chocolate feels a bit more fresh compared to other shows since the 'first love trope' is mostly shown from CY's perspective, but having a late-somethin' 30yr old woman dwelling on a memory from a short/fleeting moment when she was 11yrs over a boy is a bit melodramatic for my taste. The "conglomerate heir/rich family dispute" trope always have me rolling my eyes. The occurrence of events throughout the first few episodes of onslaught tragedy after another was a tad too much. The disconnect between the two lead character didnt bother me since it serves as a plot point but it prolongs a bit. Hopefully it doesn't continue in further episodes. I want CY & LK to have a decent conversation/interaction with eachother. The writing just needs a bit more 'oomph'. I do like that the writing incorporates/revolves around the patients who resides at the hospice. It adds a bit more substance

/personality to the story. 

*note: CY's brother is an insufferable buffoon. He's so unbearable to watch onscreen. I really cannot stand his character. 

On 12/17/2019 at 6:48 PM, philosophie said:

With the hospice setting, this show reminds me of Andante. Except I hope that the show doesn’t end the same way where 

Reveal hidden contents

One lead gets terminal illness and dies

Anyone else wondering if we will have a tragic ending?

It will be aggravating to have Chocolate end in tragedy. The two lead characters have gone through enough & so much emotionally & physically. Please k-melodrama-land gods give me a happy ending. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

On 12/17/2019 at 11:25 AM, rita96 said:

OMG!! I didn't even know there is a upcoming scene like this...The way he looks at her is sooooo sweet! Him smiling is just everthing. I really wish the drama ends on a happy note. After all the tragedies these two characters have faced since they were little it would be very cruel to not give them a 'happily ever after'.

Give me all the tender moments, please! I really want to see CY & LK interact with eachother more.

The story needs to end with happy rainbows and unicorns. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

The music/ost that's integrated in the show is well done. "Always be here" by Chung Jinwoo is my fav track so far.  The music composition in the background is befitting, setting the tone for the show. 

Agree with you. Whenever this song is played in the show, it brings upon an emotion that is so blended with the scenes. Difficult to describe in mere words. I googled the lyrics and they are so meaningful in the context of the story between the two leads.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

Agree with you. Whenever this song is played in the show, it brings upon an emotion that is so blended with the scenes. Difficult to describe in mere words. I googled the lyrics and they are so meaningful in the context of the story between the two leads.

There's a subtlety/nuance approach to it. Its lovely. The camerawork really helps elevate the show along with the playback of music. 

I love the song. The lyrics is so endearing :tears:.

• Like 1

I know this is a melodrama/romance show but it gives off a human drama/genre vibe. There's alot if humanistic qualities about it.

I love the scene when CY plated the food onto the ceramic LJ made for the women he likes. 

On 12/18/2019 at 6:43 PM, rita96 said:

I wonder how LK will react after learning that CY left his friend for him. But then I guess the letter the friend wrote for CY will hold value and not make him averse to CY.

Same here.

Especially since during those years from 2013 to the present, LK detest CY for leaving MS. I'm so excited to see how he'll deal with his new profound feelings for CY even if he hasnt quite realize it yet. Ep 7 looks like it's picking up with the development between the 2 leads.

Alot of folks mentioned LJ being the second lead, and it's been 6 ep & I dont quite see it. LJ is still pretty much in loved with the lady at the hospice & dealing with his family's shenanigans, unless he gets his own development/arc in future episodes. I'd prefer if there wasn't a love triangle. I wouldnt be suprise if LJ ends up being a romantic interest along the way but CY is super fixated&her feelings for LK is so strong, I dont think she'll want to be with anyone but LK. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, lmhpsh said:

This show is so beautiful....I'm least interested in Kang's family scenes.

But all the interactions between our leads are gold!

Both leads sells it well. I love HJW as CY. She so endearing & kind and filled with so much empathy. YKS portrays LK well too, someone who's a bit reserve but also kind/respectful. Judging from ep7, their interactions will deepen further? Their first interaction was funny. Such a rollercoaster of emotions throughout the show. 

Also, both leads have impeccable fashion sense. I love CY with her rompers/overalls & sneakers. Everything just fits her so comfortably. LK is always well dress for the any kind of occasion. The style really matches the personality of both characters.

• Like 5
  • Love 1