[Drama 2019-2020] Chocolate, ♥ 초콜릿♥

icyphoenix

Sweet like Chocolate :D   

65 members have voted

1. 1. When will the OTP's first kiss be?

• episodes 13 -14
    • episodes 15 - 16
  2. 2. What will the ending be for the OTP?

• They will have a fairytale happy ending - reunited in Greece after a brief separation.
    • They will have a simple wedding at the hospice.
    • Both will have their illnesses resurface , and they end up in heaven together .
    • Lee Kang dies , and Lee Jun will take care of Cha Young.
    • Cha Young dies , and Lee Kang remains single thereafter.
    • Both remain single.
    • Others ( you can tell us what you think in the thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2020 at 02:50 PM

34 minutes ago, kdrama_luv said:

The last few seconds scene seems to be L.Kang & CY.

Gives me a bad feeling... will one of the leads die? :cold_sweat:

@Yippeun_eonnie i think @kdrama_luv refers to right at the end of the vid..

its the same bench where HJ meet LJ at.. by the lake.. she has his jacket over her.. and he is kneeling.. with one hand on the bench so it isn’t a proposal.. i hope its not sad ending.. :unsure:... BUT I CANT WAIT TO SEE CY HELP LK WITH THE APRON haha its going to be some romantic cooking :heart:

edited to add more to ep7.. apparently.. director kwon has 3 women in his life.. the alzheimer ahjumma could have been an ex girlfriend (not wife) who left him.. his real wife who had died (this should be MS mom) and the matron nurse who is his best friend’s sister.. hahahaha this Amazing Man sure attracts more women than any of our leads.. :glasses: .. no wonder he is so confident he looks better than LK (after his hangover!)

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

its the same bench where HJ meet LJ at.. by the lake.. she has his jacket over her.. and he is kneeling.. with one hand on the bench so it isn’t a proposal.. i hope its not sad ending.. :unsure:... BUT I CANT WAIT TO SEE CY HELP LK WITH THE APRON haha its going to be some romantic cooking :heart:

My heart cannot take sad endings, especially since I'm so invested in both CY & LK already. Every episode is a tearjerker. I want to see their journey of healing & end strong together. This is probably why I dont watch to much melodrama/romance. 

I'm wasnt too familiar with the writer but checking her credits, she wrote Uncontrollably Fond.

Never watched it but reading from sypnosis it's pretty melodramatic/on brand for the writer? I've seen her older work Sangdoo Let's go to School from 15 years ago and it had the most awful ridiculous/tragic ending. It was spontaneous-out of nowhere/wth kind of ending. Its peak melodramatic & the overall writing is nonsensical, but for it's time it was hugely popular. I hope Chocolate doesnt share the same treatment. 

• Sad 5

54 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

I was curious because he's always driving to work in the morning and he leaves at night from the parking space? The audience never really sees how the characters get ready/wake up from bed so I was wondering where CY & LK resides now.

Also, I hope CY & LK will have time to discuss about their upbringing to eachother, specifically that incident when CY was there with his mom when the building collapse.

That's a good point. CY is always biking to the hospice while LK drives... If they both live there, I don't see a reason to drive there or bike there... That's a good point to bring up, we never really do where they stay or a house/apartment/anything. 

I know that there is a line (from a trailer) that could be totally misleading, but LK asks, "Do you remember me?" And quite honestly, with all of the tragedies going on, I don't know what to even make of it now. 

I agree that I want both of the leads to sit down and have a heart to heart. Now that LK knows that CY was in the same incident as his mother, he will (likely?) soon know that his mother gave CY a piece of chocolate that was meant to be for him as a kid. That'd be really heartwarming and healing for LK in my opinion, as it would give him a partial closure and comfort knowing that someone was with his mother when she was about to die.

39 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

My heart cannot take sad endings, especially since I'm so invested in both CY & LK already. Every episode is a tearjerker. I want to see their journey of healing & end strong together. This is probably why I dont watch to much melodrama/romance. 

I'm wasnt too familiar with the writer but checking her credits, she wrote Uncontrollably Fond.

Never watched it but reading from sypnosis it's pretty melodramatic/on brand for the writer? I've seen her older work Sangdoo Let's go to School from 15 years ago and it had the most awful ridiculous/tragic ending. It was spontaneous-out of nowhere/wth kind of ending. Its peak melodramatic & the overall writing is nonsensical, but for it's time it was hugely popular. I hope Chocolate doesnt share the same treatment. 

When I found out that the same writer that written Uncontrollably Fond (which had a sad ending), I was afraid that Chocolate would share the same treatment and I'm still afraid of that to be fair.

I feel like the leads have been suffering for so long and if this is supposed to be a drama for the holidays/end of year/healing, they shouldn't give us a sad ending. This drama has been filled with tragedies after tragedies; I'm not sure if I would be alright if the ending was also tragic... They two deserve a happy ending after all of that nonsense in their lives. Honestly.

49 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

Ooooof! I just took a look at a bunch of stills for the drama in Greece and I'm trying to piece things together! (Am not there yet.) I don't think we will see a sad end (ha... Am I sure? No. Not at all) but LK could be comforting her. He's done a lot of comforting so far, but mainly in the forms of harsh words... But I think that soon he'll realize that he's fallen for CY and once they come back to Korea to work together on cooking for terminal patient that he'll begin to actually comfort her for real (hence the bench view). 

I personally have this foreshadow right now (and I'm putting it in spoilers in case if people don't want to see):

Spoiler

Because of some patient's death or a last straw, CY leaves the hospice and goes back to Greece. CY opens a restaurant in Greece or works in one. Kang is in Korea still and because CY is constantly not there in the hospice, he feels empty and he realizes that he likes her and that he is not lost as he told MS. Kang goes to Greece to find CY, but he spends a lot of time doing that and can't find her but he doesn't stop looking. And he finds her at the arches (where we see from that first episode). He convinces her to return to Korea with him, she accepts and they share a kiss. 

They walk around (I'm interpreting this from stills) and talk about what they've been missing/past/present/plans.

They return to Korea and begin their journey to cook for patient in the hospice. Obviously realizing that they're each other's first loves. 

I can't really say if that apron tying scene is going to be before CY returns to Greece or after... But judging from LK's flustered looks, it could be after the fact. ...I'm gonna say it again: I hope that the final episode scene doesn't repeat the first episode first scene.

Onto the wait for next Friday, everyone! Totally curious to hear other people's thoughts!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, xprosperity said:

I don't think we will see a sad end (ha... Am I sure? No. Not at all) but LK could be comforting her.

this is the best one! and i want our speculation of that bench scene to come to this!! :love: at least, none of them are sick!!

...... but it could have been alzheimer ahjumma passing among the whole lot of people in the hospice that would hurt CY the most isn’t it? oops.

well, i dun mind if the whole story goes to CY return to greece got into accident and lost her memory and here comes LK to help her regain memory.. the boring cliche kdrama plot but, as long as OTP stay alive and happily ever after i can accept this hahaha i’m desperate for happy endings

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

this is the best one! and i want our speculation of that bench scene to come to this!! :love: at least, none of them are sick!!

...... but it could have been alzheimer ahjumma passing among the whole lot of people in the hospice that would hurt CY the most isn’t it? oops.

well, i dun mind if the whole story goes to CY return to greece got into accident and lost her memory and here comes LK to help her regain memory.. the boring cliche kdrama plot but, as long as OTP stay alive and happily ever after i can accept this hahaha i’m desperate for happy endings

Same boat! Super desperate for a happy ending. If this is supposed to be a healing drama, I need a happy end!

• Like 4

Hello

Gosh, they finally drop this song. Was searching high and low for it yday.

Can someone help to explain what the lyrics is about? I have tried google translate and finding a vid with eng subs, but the overall meaning dont gel/flow well. 

https://youtu.be/XBczk-5wbGg

Special by Yubin.

Thanks all!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, deeppurple lim said:

Can someone help to explain what the lyrics is about? I have tried google translate and finding a vid with eng subs, but the overall meaning dont gel/flow well. 

hi.. i went to the youtube clip.. when u play the song, the lyrics actually flow with the hangul the romanised korean and english as well.. so no translation needed :grimace:

i rewatched ep8 (yes, and tearing over Iron Ranger No.3 again..)

its really so much irony in LK and CY lives.. LK used to have the best childhood cooking alongside with his mom before being forced into the life of the wealthy learning medicine.. seriously, i’m not too sure if he has even the passion being a neurosurgeon or very much just, resigned to the fate :confused:  CY on the other hand, was deprived (and starved haha) and forced to audition for a child actor.. haha luckily she din make it and after that, grows up to be a fine chef doing what she likes.

more thoughts about the ep9 preview where LK spoke to CY at the rooftop with the white sheets.. seems like he is going to bury his feelings and chasing her back to greece :heartbreak: 

LK: i’m sorry if i did anything to cause a misunderstanding

its going to be so much embarrassment for CY i guess there is no way for her to continue staying at the hospice.

there is going to be so much plot behind the demolish of the current hospice.. the evil grandma is going to make LK look like the traitor to everyone in the current hospice, since he will be made to head the new exclusive silver town.. CY has better leave SK and not be there to witness all these upcoming changes..

• Like 6

Hello everyone  . I am newbie first time posting in any forum . But I just can't contain myself to share a video that I found with some preview that haven discuss here . I hope I am right . But anyway . Do watch the video the link are below.https://www.facebook.com/qdramas/videos/2503528456557514/   

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjdh08tOMmmZaUljtudlMvhXKKx7I--FfbT-ap_BKO4iHny-_DUA&simages?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-XWdStKzxCVFaWpxT9BLimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRueODJiOXB6gVZ-z6Vm2WyZBNj40MyC8011TF2xvqoCHFaHGDBMA&s

It would seem the words that start it's own OST Always Be Here "  Look at your heart "  describes this drama and the stories within it.  Yet what I am finding that I love most is the meaning and understanding of how one life and ones choices can and do effect so many other lives like a ripple effect that just goes on and on.  Often without even knowing moves silently through each of us.

It moves the heart and makes you think about life, love and yes even death and after.  It gives faces and meaning to what Hospice is and a new respect and look at those who work with those whom are living bravely through the knowledge of a seemingly hopeless end. Whom still have dreams, desires and needs within them and their hearts.  Still it's stories inspire how important every persons life is and that their value and ability to touch another lingers much longer than even their lives.

It's knowing that a fictional story about a little boy known as Iron Ranger #3 might just be on my mind.  The very next time I'm standing beneath a dark night's sky.  

Watching the stars and thinking about that sparkle and planet up above.

Merry Christmas to those here.

May this drama inspire all of us to bring a little sparkle and love to those around us...

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

On 12/21/2019 at 8:24 AM, Dundee said:

I wish CY was less timid when she faced LK, i mean she could tell LK why he was so nosy telling her to go to greece. She could do whatever she likes LOL.

Yes. I too felt like CY should have been a little offended by what LK said. It did sound a bit rude. But maybe she understood that LK said this after seeing her suffer in hospice? Who knows. But she needs to stop behaving like she is the one at fault all the time and start standing up for herself. And while I see her impact on LK, I dont see much impact of LK on her. Instead of encouraging her to be more assertive he just keeps punishing her for tiniest mistakes (even if it is because he has started liking her his words at times are too harsh)

On 12/22/2019 at 3:27 AM, greenwatch08 said:

I think he will serve as a plot point(not a love interest) to make LK acknowledge/admit his feelings for CY.

On 12/22/2019 at 7:39 AM, xprosperity said:

I have a feeling that Jun will be that person who makes Kang recognizes his feelings, and CY will return to Greece (watch this happen in episode 10 or 11) and Kang will go after her to convince her to return to Korea with him. I'm just hoping that the drama doesn't end where it started in episode 1. I want to see these two make amends and start at square 1 (the hospice) happily, cooking for patient and being totally head over heels for each other. 

Although, during one of the press conferences for the drama, the director did spoil the following:

Reveal hidden contents

That CY was going to go to Greece and open up her own restaurant (or something like that) and Kang will go after her. After that, someone said that he was spoiling it so he stayed quiet! Not sure where that came in, or whether or not it happened already!

I am all for LJ inciting some jealousy in LK. If thats what it takes for him to be more possessive of CY then be it. And I honestly think it would also add some humour to the story! I feel LJ brings out a child like competitive spirit in LK which always amuses me. The preview does give us hints for this so fingers crossed!

So far enjoying each episode but wishing for more expression of affection from both CY and LK!

• Like 4

@Ameera Ali that lake scene really made them look silly.. CY’s one cluster of hair draped to the front when she was dragging HJ too :dizzy: they need to stand by the hair stylist in the lake.. tsk tsk our OTP image....

i actually rewatched Secret Garden (skip and fast forward quite a bit) since HJW is here in Chocolate and HB is in Crash Landing on You.. wow.. that drama was almost 9 years ago..

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@sadthe1st  yeah oppa in crush lading on you is quite hot , maybe that why our girl keep eating chocolate to get over him yet still after 9 years  or that was our kang doctor  :joy:

Watching Saving patient I was like 

damn he should do my Expectation  :D

but watching making video how worse it could be :D so I can’t complain any more for not taking his shirt off :mrgreen:

.. # Expectation  

5e02db7a00136168778938.gif?download

VS

.. # Drama 

15772450301577244974.gif

VS

.. # Reality 
15772446841577244491.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

49 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

VS

.. # Drama

my glasses would have shattered throwing it off this way.. next scene should have Lee Kang wearing his scotch taped glasses.. :joy:

50 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

VS

.. # Reality

seriously not easy trying to run on uneven rocks and stones.. but hey, what was that arms front butt out kind of pose?? :tounge_wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

20 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

my glasses would have shattered throwing it off this way.. next scene should have Lee Kang wearing his scotch taped glasses.. :joy:

he wouldn’t need glass , he isn’t surgeon anymore :joy: What Dr Lee would say :phew:

seriously not easy trying to run on uneven rocks and stones.. but hey, what was that arms front butt out kind of pose?? :tounge_wink:

hey friend , Never heard of 

5e02e7cb7130f860642533.gif?download

He mistake it with ( it’s all in the butt:joy: ) 

Spoiler

15772496571577249636.gif

Seriously you may be on into something it’s hard to run in rocky surface :mrgreen:

15772488391577248814.gif

5e02eab7cada7278134913.gif?download

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I have a feeling this week is gonna be progressive for our leads...based on the fact that last week focused more on the the patients and LJ (which I now love - he’s a puppy with a wound called ‘his WHOLE dang family’). And let's be honest...he was the star of the show in episode 7.

Time for LK to step up!! He clearly likes her now...as much as he’s denying it. And thanks to LJ coming and shifting the dynamic it’s gonna be a fun watch :)

• Like 7
  • Love 2