[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Untamed 陈情令

RPM

58 minutes ago, shuwei said:

so Tencent is dead set on having CQL end airing next week....all the OST and spoilery promos are getting released. ugh I’m stressed, I really want this drama to break 5 billion views and get above 7.5 on douban and this is still gonna dampen it

How much is the view count rn? Maybe the onslaught of episodes next week will gain more view

56 minutes ago, NEVERending said:

How much is the view count rn? Maybe the onslaught of episodes next week will gain more view

wasn't the show supposed to have 50 episodes and it's like in 34??? will they air so many episodes next week or will they shorten the storyline??? 

43 minutes ago, PaulaL said:

wasn't the show supposed to have 50 episodes and it's like in 34??? will they air so many episodes next week or will they shorten the storyline??? 

Only VIP members who pay extra can get access to the final episodes early. For the rest, the episodes are still released according to the original schedule.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, shuwei said:

so Tencent is dead set on having CQL end airing next week....all the OST and spoilery promos are getting released. ugh I’m stressed, I really want this drama to break 5 billion views and get above 7.5 on douban and this is still gonna dampen it

Can someone explain how releasing it early will affect the views ? I'm not familiar with Chinese broadcasting systems so I'm curious. I mean it is a good way to earn money for the Investors right? And IMO the VIP member fee is cheap, around $1/month...

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this drama! 

It's really true to the novel, and although the leads are young and inexperienced, I think the casting is perfect, and they are doing an excellent job portraying Wei Wuxian and Lan Yangji.  

Now that the drama has finished the background story of Wei Wuxian's first life, and has moved to his return, I suppose the censorship will become apparent. (And it looks as if the number of episodes is already cut, due to some big anniversary in China that apparently will result in government-approved or mandated programming for all channels). However, given the visible, overt chemistry the two leads have when they are in scenes together, I am hoping they can do with the actors in Guardian did, and give the viewers enough subtext that the true nature of the relationship is clear. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NEVERending said:

they’re at 3.3 billion. yeah I’m hoping by the time the non-vip schedule finishes it’ll get to 5. fingers crossed

11 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Can someone explain how releasing it early will affect the views ? I'm not familiar with Chinese broadcasting systems so I'm curious. I mean it is a good way to earn money for the Investors right? And IMO the VIP member fee is cheap, around $1/month...

the worry is the spoilers and illegal leaks upload. I mean regular vip episodes already get leaks every week but all dramas suffer from that; this vip paying extra for even earlier release will take out another chunk of views from those who will watch the leaks cos they can’t wait and won’t go back to stream the actual eps 1-2 weeks later

• Insightful 1

On 7/28/2019 at 8:50 PM, enigmatic_zephy said:

ya not original language.. english one says half a core that is why it didn't make any sense

You must have read a bad translation. It was always the entire golden core.  

It's all in Chapter 89: Loyalty. - Part 11 (if you're reading the excellent translation on Exiled Rebels Scanlations). 

Spoiler

After Wen Ning tells Jiang Cheng and Lan Wangji about what Wei Wuxian sacrificed, and Lan Wangji takes the unconscious Wen Wuxian away from Lotus Pier, LW asks more questions about the process. Wen Ning tells him about how Wen Qing initially refused. because there was no known instance of it being done, and in her opinion, there was only "half a chance" of success. She also said she was only "half confident,'  to which Wei Wuxian responded that "half" was fine (meaning half a chance of success). 

Timeline prediction:

Spoiler

41 Empathy with Chifeng Zun, Lan Zhan takes Wei Ying to Cloud Recesses

42 Musical Scrolls at Cloud Recesses

43-44 Su She and Burial Mounds

44-45 Lotus Pier and the 2 witnesses

46-48 Yunping City in Yunmeng (Empathy at Guanyin Temple)

49-50 Remembering the past

I could be wrong as to which ep that they will appear in but these are the things that they have left to cover based on the novel and taking out of the the BL stuff.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2

I was watching at some MV reaction online but found out that the MV is different from the one in YouTube. I wanna see the other MV cuz that one looks more like the official MV than the one in YouTube.

7 hours ago, Phada said:

Timeline prediction:

Hide contents

41 Empathy with Chifeng Zun, Lan Zhan takes Wei Ying to Cloud Recesses

42 Musical Scrolls at Cloud Recesses

43-44 Su She and Burial Mounds

44-45 Lotus Pier and the 2 witnesses

46-48 Yunping City in Yunmeng (Empathy at Guanyin Temple)

49-50 Remembering the past

I could be wrong as to which ep that they will appear in but these are the things that they have left to cover based on the novel and taking out of the the BL stuff.

I have just watched the last subbed episodes and am curious about some things: is Wen Ning dead or alive after all? And his sister? the real bad guy is that weasel half/sworn brother whose name I can't remember??? Why was LZ punished in the past - the whip thing that wasn't shown? why this "new" storyline in that old haunted village??? 

:hushed: sorry I still haven't read the novel and all the unfair situations towards WX really bug me!!  

1 hour ago, CMG said:

Does anyone know if Wei Wuxian have the four cuts in is arm healed? ( from Mo revenge spell in the beggining)

My same thoughts too. I know the three healed but I don’t know if I missed it in the novel but it never mentioned the fourth one.

2 hours ago, PaulaL said:

I have just watched the last subbed episodes and am curious about some things: is Wen Ning dead or alive after all? And his sister? the real bad guy is that weasel half/sworn brother whose name I can't remember??? Why was LZ punished in the past - the whip thing that wasn't shown? why this "new" storyline in that old haunted village??? 

:hushed: sorry I still haven't read the novel and all the unfair situations towards WX really bug me!!  

SPOILER ALERT

Spoiler

is Wen Ning dead or alive after all?

Wen Ning has been dead since 16 years ago when he went against the Wen Sect in ep 26. Resenting all of the evil deeds done by the people who killed wen ning, WWX used Chen Qing (his flute) to turn wen ning into a fierce corpse. Since wen ning had a lingering soul remaining in his body, WWX was able to use his demonic cultivation to awaken his conscience (Wen ning was the only fierce corpse who could have his own mind).

And his sister?

In ep 31 wen ning and wen qing were supposed to be burnt to ashes (挫骨扬灰) but in reality only wen qing died and wen ning was put into slumber only waking up 16 years later when WWX said it was time to wake up (talking to other corpses at Mo village) and he happened to follow the instructions as well. That's when he reappears for the first time as seen in ep 1.

the real bad guy is that weasel half/sworn brother whose name I can't remember???

Yes he is, his name is Jin Guang Yao (birth name Meng Yao, title Lian Fang Zun)

Why was LZ punished in the past - the whip thing that wasn't shown?

They never mentioned the 33 whip marks and wen sect's iron mark on his chest until the end when the truth is revealed at Guan Yin Temple. I don't want to spoil this bit for you because i thought that these scars on his body held such meaning, love and care that he had towards WWX 16 years ago before WWX died. But of course these scars were indeed related to WWX. Though if you really want to get spoiled you can read this chapter where it explained it (https://exiledrebelsscanlations.com/gdc-chapter-99/)

why this "new" storyline in that old haunted village??? 

Think about the structure of the story and it won't be confusing, compare it to an adventure or mystery story where the characters move from one arc to another. In the novel the characters were on a journey travelling from one area to another to uncover the truth behind the missing corpse where each location revealed a part of the missing corpse. But in the TV version they changed it to the sword spirit thinggy directing them to different places and finally in the Yi City where they found the whole missing corpse just without the head. That's why if you follow on with the structure of the story they will then move forwards to a new location which is the Golden Carp Tower to find the missing head and the mastermind behind everything. (Yeah i just watched this part last night in ep 39-40)

sorry I still haven't read the novel and all the unfair situations towards WX really bug me!!  

WWX was more evil/cruel in the novel and you don't get to see all of these cool things on TV because they changed a lot of the story and toned down on his evilness.

• WWX was the creator of the Stygian Tiger Seal 阴虎符,not Xue Chong Hai and this Seal created havoc twice in the novel. Once at the first siege of Nightless City where he used it to kill 3-5000 cultivators by turning them in fierce corpses (The Sun Shot campaign to kill wen ruo han). But you hardly get to see any action or how powerful the seal is when they showed it in ep 22. The second was the second siege of Nightless city (to kill the Yi Ling Patriarch), again killed i don't know how many people this was the part where Jiang Yan Li died to save WWX in ep 32. Then in ep 33 WWX destroyed half of the seal after seeing how much destruction it had caused. Then comes 16 laters where the mystery around the missing corpse is again linked to the seal. That's why you have that conversation somewhere where it went along the lines of "if that WWX didn't create the seal in the first place, then there won't be that much chao/ destruction there is today"
  • Even in ep 31 where the Wen siblings were supposed to be burnt to ashes, Wen ning actually put on a good fight before his "supposed death" and killed many of the "righteous" people. And of course who will they blame for the death of these people??? Of course it's WWX, if WWX didn't follow the demonic path and create the seal, how could he have been so sinister as to turn people into fierce corpses? His strongest fierce corpse was wen ning. Then without WWX, these so called "righteous" people wouldn't have been killed at Golden Carp Tower.  But of course, again you don't get to see any of this on TV
  • Oh and you find out at the end why he had to follow the demonic path and not the righteous way of cultivation because he really had to choice. And this really explains why he never used his Suibian Sword again after the 3 months that he was thrown into burial mounds because these weapons were spiritual so it meant that if you didn't have the righteous way of cultivation, you weren't able to wield the spiritual weapon again. That's why he only used Chen qing (flute) as his weapon there onwards.

I hope that this has explained all of your queries

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

after the clumsiness of last week's Yi City, I feel better about the wrap up. XY's actor still overacts but his flashback when he died...like ok that got me right in the feels...

also random but it's kinda cute they casted a Jin Ling that looks so much like his 2 uncles and nothing like his parents lol. like the facial features between JL, JGY, and JC are uncanny

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phada said:

SPOILER ALERT

Hide contents

I hope that this has explained all of your queries

My God!!! I wish I had the understand of the drama and novel you have!!! Thank you so much!!! You really cleared everything for me! When I really love a drama/ novel, I don't mind the spoilers, so thank you even more for that link!!! I love how the relationship between WWX and LZ develops in the drama as it is more subtle and people who may be awkward towards a BL story will probably just find it a very beautiful story of deep friendship and care, and I have some friends that are so important for me as family so I like to see these relationships on screen too, and they have great chemistry. Yesterday I really laughed and was moved by the piggyback scene and the scene where LZ is drunk, because WWX was so caring and adorable worrying about him.

thank you so so much!!!! now let's wait for the actually footage of all you told me!

:blush::grin::heart:

2 hours ago, NataliaMedella said:

Today’s episodes are soooooo good!

they are fantastic..

ep 43 should be fluff too.. we shud get all gusu scenes.. WJ bringing alcholo, LXC telling thechildhood story of LZ and truth about their mom and dad.. and potentially the 33 whips (because i can't see 33 whips explanation following usual arc of being revealed at the end)

and then 46 is golden core reveals so we get another tear from LWJ..