[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Untamed 陈情令

RPM

3 hours ago, NEVERending said:

Guys is all the filming officially done or are the cast still filming? 

All filming has been done~

Oh mann, Xiao Xing Chen and Xue Yang's story is starting. It seems like they changed some things from the book - XY looks like he's using XXC's face? Regardless.... that arc killed me in the book. I hope the live action version doesn't disappoint. 

• Like 2

LZ knew WWX’s cultivation power/core was defective. He just didn’t the how and the why. 

I know a lot like the drama telling all the past story first and all at once instead of flashbacks but I liked reading the book and getting all the surprise reveals one at a time. It really made it memorable. The reveal of WWX’s core, and then a double whammy later on with JC’s reveal of why his core was damaged in the first place. But I guess with the book out there, nothing would be truly surprising cause it would’ve all been spoiled anyway.

3 hours ago, outsanity said:

Oh mann, Xiao Xing Chen and Xue Yang's story is starting. It seems like they changed some things from the book - XY looks like he's using XXC's face? Regardless.... that arc killed me in the book. I hope the live action version doesn't disappoint. 

Ahhh so the cast has finished! I’m guessing we’ll get no interaction between WY and XZ now. 

Ima miss their bts moments. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

they can explain easily

unlike the book, LZ is responsible and infact wrote the invitation for JL's 1 month bday party.. which basically killed WY or got the ball rolling

Regret is epic.. it is horrible.. so yea.. they can explain it in "non-platonic" way :P

Why is Yi city memorable? it is story of XY.. and no romantic scenes.. the drunk scene after this arc.. i don't think we will get.. at max.. if we are really lucky, we may get the handcuff scene :P

well you are only here for the ~cute scenes~ and the ~gay~ then no I guess Yi city not memorable at all lol. I just happen to care about most characters from this novel, esp the Yi City trio. otherwise I’d be watching some saccharine romantic dramas instead of trying tk find something with actual plot

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shuwei said:

well you are only here for the ~cute scenes~ and the ~gay~ then no I guess Yi city not memorable at all lol. I just happen to care about most characters from this novel, esp the Yi City trio. otherwise I’d be watching some saccharine romantic dramas instead of trying tk find something with actual plot

nah..otherwise too.. in the novel.. i wasn't invested in that.. it was unnecessary.. more like i have to insert another gay love side track with other set of characters so lets have this

Plus the truth is, author created xu yang and wanted to do sthg with him as the main guy.. but she realized he is too complex to be a protagonist so built him into this story

Also, i will give you the benefit of doubt since i don't know you, but you may want to be careful with your words.. what you wrote is extremely impolite towards me.. who are you to judge or know if I am in only for the gay moments and that you stand on holier ground , caring about every random character

11 hours ago, outsanity said:

"Do you want to act in a modern-era show with the other? Let's answer..."

Both said yes. 

I mean.. why would anyone say no? :P

anyone.. even two side characters who don't get along in real life will not say no

14 hours ago, outsanity said:

They haven't changed.. in the book you can't see face.. so when text says that someone claims to be XXC, you buy that argument.. and in book WX had not met XXC before to know what he looks like

Here, how will they reveal the mystery if they show XY's face from the get go.. why would WX entertain him and how will we ever hear the flashback story.. so definitely this route was a no brainer.. must have if you will

I’m a little disappointed with today’s episodes because they didn’t show the paper puppets fighting, but I think they will show this fight next week because what else they would put the paper puppets in the house? 

Ok, so I just finished watching episodes 31 -32 subbed and I'm so sad!!!! :bawling:

Will all the unfair things that happened to WX be sorted out?' and I felt so sorry for the Wen brothers!!!! :cold_sweat:

not to mention the death of his sister...

what will happen now? I know they are back in the present in episode 33 but how are things going to unfold in the last episodes?

There was that scene with LZ being wipped as punishments... why does that happened? it didn't aired yet, right? 

now everyone knows that WX didn't die? 

Oh, my head is full of doubts and my heart is eager to watch the remaining episodes fast!!!! :heartbreak:

though then I will have to rewatch everything because I will miss it like hell! :blush:

Eng sub also available on youtube for Lan Xi Chen Character Song .

EAnNghXUcAAXLiD?format=jpg&name=large

There's difference in translation I prefer this one.

This one definitely my favourite song among all the character songs. :bawling:

• Like 1

Not that I don't adore this drama and story in it's entirety, but some point I just like many of the other characters more than WWX and/or LWJ. 

The other characters feel more flawed and realistic as opposed to WWX who pretty much is hero of the decade and always doing the right thing/coming out on top or LWJ who is also oh-so-flawless. 

LXC and JGH's actor has a lot of real life chemistry too. And XY&XXC's story is just unforgettable. Then again, i feel like it's a sign of greatness when any given half-major character is so amazing. 

• Awesome 1

XY’s actor looks exactly like his part but he’s really veering off into overacting at times. XXC’s actor acting as XY pretending to XXC is kinda better lol. but props to both of them giving the best fight scenes so far in the drama. sometimes I get tired of LWJ being too flowy and fluttery lol

also I love the juniors, they’re almost exactly as I imagined. I would watch an extra centered around their shenanigans

tumblr_pvj070vEWz1rz948yo2_400.gif

• Like 3

Different people have different taste...I think every characters in this drama/novel is unique and memorable. There is just so many layers and mix of personalities to explore which make me love this story. I am still not ready to read the actual novel because I feel it will be soooo much sadder than watching it... and the Yi city arc is a no no for me although I do enjoy it on screen because they didn't dye too deeply into it...although I was scared by the atmosphere most of the time (horror is a no no for me lol) The fighting screens are so awesome and the youngest interaction with WWX is adorable :)

13 hours ago, shuwei said:

XY’s actor looks exactly like his part but he’s really veering off into overacting at times. XXC’s actor acting as XY pretending to XXC is kinda better lol. but props to both of them giving the best fight scenes so far in the drama. sometimes I get tired of LWJ being too flowy and fluttery lol

also I love the juniors, they’re almost exactly as I imagined. I would watch an extra centered around their shenanigans

tumblr_pvj070vEWz1rz948yo2_400.gif

Agree!

so Tencent is dead set on having CQL end airing next week....all the OST and spoilery promos are getting released. ugh I’m stressed, I really want this drama to break 5 billion views and get above 7.5 on douban and this is still gonna dampen it

• Like 1