[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Untamed 陈情令

RPM

It took me two days to read through all the comments. I fell in love with the drama right away but confused as well on the first episode. Anyways, if I remember correctly, someone said LWJ knew that WWX lost his golden core? I’m reading the English translation novel upon hearing that it’s an adaptation. I like how in the drama, they reorganize all the events in a sequence instead of constant flashbacks like the novel. It was all over the place. Anyhow, can someone tell me (I don’t mind spoilers) who transferred his golden core power JC? In the drama, it was WC and I’m assuming it was her in the novel as well? 

7 minutes ago, A1mm3 said:

It took me two days to read through all the comments. I fell in love with the drama right away but confused as well on the first episode. Anyways, if I remember correctly, someone said LWJ knew that WWX lost his golden core? I’m reading the English translation novel upon hearing that it’s an adaptation. I like how in the drama, they reorganize all the events in a sequence instead of constant flashbacks like the novel. It was all over the place. Anyhow, can someone tell me (I don’t mind spoilers) who transferred his golden core power JC? In the drama, it was WC and I’m assuming it was her in the novel as well? 

Spoiler

It's actually WWX who transfered half his golden core. LWJ only knew about it much later when Wen Ning revealed it to him.

• Like 1

The biggest flaw of this story is.. which i honestly kept wondering even when i was reading novel the 1st time..

If WX transferred half his core and JC continues to be awesome at sword fights and usual cultivation stuff .. infact leads his sect.. then exactly why could WX not sustain holding up his sword with the remaining core?

And lastly, core is cultivated.. one is not born with it like a liver or heart.. that if the organ dies it is dead end.. 

lol.. just.. i guess we just needed to go that route to see LWJ rushing to hold his frail wifi , who gets tired easily

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A1mm3 said:

Spoiler

In the novel, it was also Wenqing who performed the procedure but the information was related by Wenning.

42 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

The biggest flaw of this story is.. which i honestly kept wondering even when i was reading novel the 1st time..

If WX transferred half his core and JC continues to be awesome at sword fights and usual cultivation stuff .. infact leads his sect.. then exactly why could WX not sustain holding up his sword with the remaining core?

And lastly, core is cultivated.. one is not born with it like a liver or heart.. that if the organ dies it is dead end.. 

Did you read the novel in its original language? There isn’t such a thing as half a core. He transferred his entire golden pill/core to JC.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

Did you read the novel in its original language? There isn’t such a thing as half a core. He transferred his entire golden pill/core to JC.

ya not original language.. english one says half a core that is why it didn't make any sense

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

the core in Chinese cultivation stories IS an organ in the lower abdomen that humans are born with called dantian (丹田). wikipedia translates it as " elixir field". through a process called called core formation ( 结丹), one can channel energy into it and transform it into a golden core  (金丹). when a person's golden core is melted or removed, the dantian is also gone, so it is in fact dead end for cultivation (and his health and lifespan is screwed in general)

more info on cores here

also the Eng translation is correct

”Wen Ning, “Your core was never mended in the first place. It’d long since been completely melted by Wen ZhuLiu! The reason you thought it was mended was that my sister Wen Qing, the best medic of the QishanWen Sect, cut out Young Master Wei’s golden core and replaced yours with it!””

no half cores here 

• Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, shuwei said:

the core in Chinese cultivation stories IS an organ in the lower abdomen that humans are born with called dantian (丹田). wikipedia translates it as " elixir field". through a process called called core formation ( 结丹), one can channel energy into it and transform it into a golden core  (金丹). when a person's golden core is melted or removed, the dantian is also gone, so it is in fact dead end for cultivation (and his health and lifespan is screwed in general)

more info on cores here

also the Eng translation is correct

Hide contents

”Wen Ning, “Your core was never mended in the first place. It’d long since been completely melted by Wen ZhuLiu! The reason you thought it was mended was that my sister Wen Qing, the best medic of the QishanWen Sect, cut out Young Master Wei’s golden core and replaced yours with it!””

no half cores here 

half cores are mentioned when the actual operation is going on.. atleast that's why i remember

41 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

half cores are mentioned when the actual operation is going on.. atleast that's why i remember

there's no scene of the actual operation in the novel...the only mention of it ever is in chap 89. but I think I know what you're mistaking it for...when they where discussing the half/half probability of the operation

Spoiler

Lan WangJi, “What were the chances?”

Wen Ning, “About half.”

“Half.” Soundlessly, Lan WangJi took in a deep breath. He then shook his head, repeating, “… Half.”

[...]

“But Young Master Wei kept on bothering her. He said that half was fine too. There was an equal chance of succeeding and failing. If his core was ruined, he’d manage to live on, but Sect Leader Jiang was a different case. He was too driven. He laid too much emphasis on such a subject. Cultivation was his life. If Sect Leader Jiang could only be an ordinary person, unable to go anywhere in life, his entire life would be over.”

fans are protesting that dumb decision like crazy right now so we'll see if anything will happen. Tencent is so desperate for money from VIP subscriptions that they're gonna completely F over this drama's rating and view count :skull:

To be honest, as much I understand people complaining I understand the other side too. When some Drama sells well what is wrong with it making a bit extra money with it? It isn't slowing down the normal release schedule. As long the publisher is healthy they even can bring us shows who doesn't sell that well but are loved very much by a small amount. With books it is quite common since forever. Why not with shows?

One minute, XZ is wondering why WYB likes to hit him and why WYB keeps hitting him.

Next minute, he's talking about how he showed WYB (who seems entomophobic) a grasshopper and scared WYB like crazy. (Seems like XZ likes to scare WYB a lot)

Those two are ridiculously adorable.

(Talking about this (probably dated) interview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Cd1mDxbUs

• Like 1

Just now, enigmatic_zephy said:

who watched 33-34

all cute scenes were missing :( .. 234 is boring

35-36 all hopes on it.. because 37-38 is again going to be boring

What do you mean missing?

• Like 1