Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Untamed 陈情令


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My personal thoughts and review of the ending: (Spoiler ahead)   I know there were mix feelings and perspective regarding the ending for viewers...but I honestly can say that I like this end

I am an avid reader and have a HUGE collection of ePubs that I’ve created. I liked the drama so much that I wanted to read the novel which turned out to be amazing as well. I do a grammatical check an

This is my first time posting to this website. It was my first time every reading a BL novel in my entire life and I must say the book was so GOOD! I’ve never been into those books but I must say I wa

7 hours ago, shuwei said:

omg imagine if the director insisted and they had to bring in wires...the humiliation for WYB lol

but ngl I am one of the few that prefers piggyback to bridal carry cos I love backhugs

 

LOL that's hilarious, oh yibo :lol:. this reminds me of the 3L3W BTS when one of the actors, Vengo, was struggling to pick up one of the actresses, Reba.

  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moon-flower said:

 

LOL that's hilarious, oh yibo :lol:. this reminds me of the 3L3W BTS when one of the actors, Vengo, was struggling to pick up one of the actresses, Reba.

Nope. He just had to wear her around quite long. When you see the BTS you can really feel his pain. Some thought the director was picking on him since he let him repeat that scence so often and left him standing with her in his arms that long. Vengo isn't starving skinny and Reba not tall and muscled. :phew:

Link to post
Share on other sites

It took me two days to read through all the comments. I fell in love with the drama right away but confused as well on the first episode. Anyways, if I remember correctly, someone said LWJ knew that WWX lost his golden core? I’m reading the English translation novel upon hearing that it’s an adaptation. I like how in the drama, they reorganize all the events in a sequence instead of constant flashbacks like the novel. It was all over the place. Anyhow, can someone tell me (I don’t mind spoilers) who transferred his golden core power JC? In the drama, it was WC and I’m assuming it was her in the novel as well? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, A1mm3 said:

It took me two days to read through all the comments. I fell in love with the drama right away but confused as well on the first episode. Anyways, if I remember correctly, someone said LWJ knew that WWX lost his golden core? I’m reading the English translation novel upon hearing that it’s an adaptation. I like how in the drama, they reorganize all the events in a sequence instead of constant flashbacks like the novel. It was all over the place. Anyhow, can someone tell me (I don’t mind spoilers) who transferred his golden core power JC? In the drama, it was WC and I’m assuming it was her in the novel as well? 

Spoiler

It's actually WWX who transfered half his golden core. LWJ only knew about it much later when Wen Ning revealed it to him.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest flaw of this story is.. which i honestly kept wondering even when i was reading novel the 1st time..

 

If WX transferred half his core and JC continues to be awesome at sword fights and usual cultivation stuff .. infact leads his sect.. then exactly why could WX not sustain holding up his sword with the remaining core?

 

And lastly, core is cultivated.. one is not born with it like a liver or heart.. that if the organ dies it is dead end.. 

 

lol.. just.. i guess we just needed to go that route to see LWJ rushing to hold his frail wifi , who gets tired easily

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A1mm3 said:

It took me two days to read through all the comments. I fell in love with the drama right away but confused as well on the first episode. Anyways, if I remember correctly, someone said LWJ knew that WWX lost his golden core? I’m reading the English translation novel upon hearing that it’s an adaptation. I like how in the drama, they reorganize all the events in a sequence instead of constant flashbacks like the novel. It was all over the place. Anyhow, can someone tell me (I don’t mind spoilers) who transferred his golden core power JC? In the drama, it was WC and I’m assuming it was her in the novel as well? 

Spoiler

In the novel, it was also Wenqing who performed the procedure but the information was related by Wenning.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

The biggest flaw of this story is.. which i honestly kept wondering even when i was reading novel the 1st time..

 

If WX transferred half his core and JC continues to be awesome at sword fights and usual cultivation stuff .. infact leads his sect.. then exactly why could WX not sustain holding up his sword with the remaining core?

 

And lastly, core is cultivated.. one is not born with it like a liver or heart.. that if the organ dies it is dead end.. 

 

 

Did you read the novel in its original language? There isn’t such a thing as half a core. He transferred his entire golden pill/core to JC.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

 

Did you read the novel in its original language? There isn’t such a thing as half a core. He transferred his entire golden pill/core to JC.

ya not original language.. english one says half a core that is why it didn't make any sense

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

And lastly, core is cultivated.. one is not born with it like a liver or heart.. that if the organ dies it is dead end.. 

 

the core in Chinese cultivation stories IS an organ in the lower abdomen that humans are born with called dantian (丹田). wikipedia translates it as " elixir field". through a process called called core formation ( 结丹), one can channel energy into it and transform it into a golden core  (金丹). when a person's golden core is melted or removed, the dantian is also gone, so it is in fact dead end for cultivation (and his health and lifespan is screwed in general)

 

more info on cores here

 

also the Eng translation is correct

 

”Wen Ning, “Your core was never mended in the first place. It’d long since been completely melted by Wen ZhuLiu! The reason you thought it was mended was that my sister Wen Qing, the best medic of the QishanWen Sect, cut out Young Master Wei’s golden core and replaced yours with it!””

 


 

no half cores here 

 

  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shuwei said:

the core in Chinese cultivation stories IS an organ in the lower abdomen that humans are born with called dantian (丹田). wikipedia translates it as " elixir field". through a process called called core formation ( 结丹), one can channel energy into it and transform it into a golden core  (金丹). when a person's golden core is melted or removed, the dantian is also gone, so it is in fact dead end for cultivation (and his health and lifespan is screwed in general)

 

more info on cores here

 

also the Eng translation is correct

  Hide contents

”Wen Ning, “Your core was never mended in the first place. It’d long since been completely melted by Wen ZhuLiu! The reason you thought it was mended was that my sister Wen Qing, the best medic of the QishanWen Sect, cut out Young Master Wei’s golden core and replaced yours with it!””

 


 

no half cores here 

 

half cores are mentioned when the actual operation is going on.. atleast that's why i remember

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

half cores are mentioned when the actual operation is going on.. atleast that's why i remember

 

there's no scene of the actual operation in the novel...the only mention of it ever is in chap 89. but I think I know what you're mistaking it for...when they where discussing the half/half probability of the operation

Spoiler

Lan WangJi, “What were the chances?”

Wen Ning, “About half.”

“Half.” Soundlessly, Lan WangJi took in a deep breath. He then shook his head, repeating, “… Half.”

[...]

“But Young Master Wei kept on bothering her. He said that half was fine too. There was an equal chance of succeeding and failing. If his core was ruined, he’d manage to live on, but Sect Leader Jiang was a different case. He was too driven. He laid too much emphasis on such a subject. Cultivation was his life. If Sect Leader Jiang could only be an ordinary person, unable to go anywhere in life, his entire life would be over.”

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

fans are protesting that dumb decision like crazy right now so we'll see if anything will happen. Tencent is so desperate for money from VIP subscriptions that they're gonna completely F over this drama's rating and view count :skull:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Untamed 陈情令

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...